Psychics and Mediums?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

You give Scripture which I have already given but does not pertain to anything you are saying. Thus, big deal. If you have some point to make with it, make it.

Stranger
Just that tongues and prophecy were God speaking the New Covenant scriptures into existence. When written and collected, they became our NT scriptures.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just that tongues and prophecy were God speaking the New Covenant scriptures into existence. When written and collected, they became our NT scriptures.

(Eph. 4:11-13) is not talking about Scripture and has nothing to do with the canonization of Scripture. It is about the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Stranger

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Chapter and verse.
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect* [COMPLETE] is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. (1 Cor 13:8-10)
"That which is perfect", not "He who is perfect".

*Strong's Concordance
teleios: having reached its end, i.e. complete, by ext. perfect
Original Word: τέλειος, α, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: teleios
Phonetic Spelling: (tel'-i-os)
Definition: having reached its end, complete, perfect
Usage: perfect, (a) complete in all its parts, (b) full grown, of full age, (c) specially of the completeness of Christian character.

New International Version
but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
International Standard Version
But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will be done away with.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will no longer be used.
World English Bible
but when that which is complete has come, then that which is partial will be done away with.
1 Korinther 13:10 German: Luther (1912)
Wenn aber kommen wird das Vollkommene, so wird das Stückwerk aufhören.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes. He is in every genuine believer.

But that does not actually answer the question which was all about whether or not you have the HS within you.

It is a simple "Yes" or "No" question.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect* [COMPLETE] is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. (1 Cor 13:8-10)
"That which is perfect", not "He who is perfect".

*Strong's Concordance
teleios: having reached its end, i.e. complete, by ext. perfect
Original Word: τέλειος, α, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: teleios
Phonetic Spelling: (tel'-i-os)
Definition: having reached its end, complete, perfect
Usage: perfect, (a) complete in all its parts, (b) full grown, of full age, (c) specially of the completeness of Christian character.

New International Version
but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
International Standard Version
But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will be done away with.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will no longer be used.
World English Bible
but when that which is complete has come, then that which is partial will be done away with.
1 Korinther 13:10 German: Luther (1912)
Wenn aber kommen wird das Vollkommene, so wird das Stückwerk aufhören.

So?

Stranger

D

Dave L

But that does not actually answer the question which was all about whether or not you have the HS within you.

It is a simple "Yes" or "No" question.
Yes. But as I said, he is in every genuine believer.

D

Dave L

So the Holy Spirit communicates to you outside of the Scripture.

Stranger
Not vocally. But through wisdom and discernment. Also faith can predict the future as it relates to me when grounded in God's word.