Public Apology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So recently I was a bit harsh on someone who is a regular poster on this forum: Frank.

I have been nonjudgmental of people for about 2 years on this forum: meaning, I don't attack people (that includes denominations), but rather doctrines. I have discussed history of posts and of course Church history. But I never made anything personal until recently.

While I could explain my actions, I won't; doing so would only cheapen the apology. I called his actions stupid and said he was cursed for not giving to a preacher. For that, I am sorry. I could have stayed on point and discussed the issue, but decided to make it personal.

I also apologize to the others involved in that thread, because it easily could have been any number of people.

That's all.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bless you for that brother.
We all have 'off days'....and allow the 'old man' of the flesh to bleed through.

I am sure @Frank Lee will be blessed to see your posts.
Words once out of our mouths and like spilt milk...no putting them back in.

Bless you....Helen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bless you for that brother.
We all have 'off days'....and allow the 'old man' of the flesh to bleed through.

I am sure @Frank Lee will be blessed to see your posts.
Words once out of our mouths and like spilt milk...no putting them back in.

Bless you....Helen
Well thank you. I do wonder if it will do any good as he said he put me on ignore.

Reactions: Mayflower

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this ministers to me and exposes my own need to apologize....
I want to apologize and ask forgiveness to those whom I have been short with or arrogant, to those whose beliefs differ from mine who I have aggressively challenged with self-righteous pride, and to those who I just unintentionally offended because I failed to choose my words wisely.
Thank you in advance for accepting my apology and thank you for your forgiveness.
Thank you FHll for posting this thread!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well thank you. I do wonder if it will do any good as he said he put me on ignore.

I've taken every person I had on the ignore list off of it. Here's the deal. I've got to be able to stand toe to toe with anyone. Sometimes I don't understand harshness and try to avoid harmful words. One trick I employ is to let both barrels go in a post saying exactly how angry I am. Then I erase it without ever posting it.

Ecclesiastes 7:21-22 KJVS
Also take no heed unto all words that are spoken; lest thou hear thy servant curse thee:
[22] For oftentimes also thine own heart knoweth that thou thyself likewise hast also cursed others.

These scriptures cover every soul on earth.

Corrie Ten Boom forgave and shook hands with the former German guard at the death camp where her family members died.

If Jesus the Christ could look at His executors and say "father forgive them" what are my petty grievances? Death of the self life is the finest funeral we can ever attend.

Every one of us carries a corpse around with us and sometimes we stumble over him when our old man gets underfoot.

Nahum 3:3 KJVS (in part)
... there is a multitude of slain, and a great number of carcases; and there is none end of their corpses; they stumble upon their corpses:

If each of us could see the personal struggles of the others here at this place our capacity to overlook words might increase significantly.

I refuse to hold anything against anyone.

You see, I know that Jesus sees.

May each of us grow in grace because friends, we are so temporary and will soon fly away.

2 Peter 3:18 KJVS
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've taken every person I had on the ignore list off of it. Here's the deal. I've got to be able to stand toe to toe with anyone. Sometimes I don't understand harshness and try to avoid harmful words. One trick I employ is to let both barrels go in a post saying exactly how angry I am. Then I erase it without ever posting it.

Ecclesiastes 7:21-22 KJVS
Also take no heed unto all words that are spoken; lest thou hear thy servant curse thee:
[22] For oftentimes also thine own heart knoweth that thou thyself likewise hast also cursed others.

These scriptures cover every soul on earth.

Corrie Ten Boom forgave and shook hands with the former German guard at the death camp where her family members died.

If Jesus the Christ could look at His executors and say "father forgive them" what are my petty grievances? Death of the self life is the finest funeral we can ever attend.

Every one of us carries a corpse around with us and sometimes we stumble over him when our old man gets underfoot.

Nahum 3:3 KJVS (in part)
... there is a multitude of slain, and a great number of carcases; and there is none end of their corpses; they stumble upon their corpses:

If each of us could see the personal struggles of the others here at this place our capacity to overlook words might increase significantly.

I refuse to hold anything against anyone.

You see, I know that Jesus sees.

May each of us grow in grace because friends, we are so temporary and will soon fly away.

2 Peter 3:18 KJVS
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

"Then I erase it without ever posting it. " That is self control, IMHO. And an excellent way of dealing!
"Sometimes I don't understand harshness" <--- My 1st instinct toward harshness is to lash out, and we know that THAT is not of God. When I don't understand why someone is being harsh with me (esp. if they do not know me) it hurts...I don't know why as I do not know the person doing it either! Lol. We are sensitive creatures, well at least, many of us are.
Does God want us to esteem ourselves higher than others? Mm...nah- Philippians 2:3 , Phillipians 1:27 ...
And there is certainly place in the Word speaking to correction of doctrine, behavior and such-
Corinthians 15:3-4 ...
I know there are several on this forum who do not live by a local body of believers, or do but will not attend because of various reasons...or do not believe in the "denomination, or non-denom" thing. I personally believe that accountability, to a point, is important. I want to be held accountable should I fall into sin. I think God designed His church to have teachers, elders, ministers...for a good reason. We do not have any kind of "order" on the computer really. And, being as there are many of us here, and with differing beliefs...things can quickly get out of order. I think we need to simply respect each other as least to the point of not being rude or nasty. Take it to the inbox if need be!
Every person on here who claims to be a saved person in Jesus Christ, also claims they have The Spirit of God also, whether or not it is a one time thing or a second, maybe years later kind of thing, WHO CARES! Is it the one and the same Spirit of God? God knows! And, He is faithful even though we are not.

Romans 3:3-4 3. "For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?
4. God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That you might be justified in your sayings, and might overcome when you are judged."

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Behavior Modification classes, we taught that same writing out a "bomb" letter also. But, the difference was that it did not get erased. The client had to rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, and rewrite it, until it was a rational piece of correspondence that expressed every thing the person wanted to say.... but didn't resort to any of the original anger tactics and language it started out to be...…. even if it took a month and 60+ rewrites.