Queen Elizabeth II dies at 96

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently sport is not cancelled for ten days , but into next week. Oh accept Rugby, that’s going ahead !!!!!!! ( so why that sport )
It’s kind of weird singing God save the King !!!!
@Pearl do you find it weird !
I found it quite moving when the crowd outside the palace began to sing it and then the first official rendering at the end of the service in St Paul's. I have been very subdued today.
I loved the Paddington sketch and also the James Bond one at the opening of the 2012 Olympics in London.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have never been alive for a monarchs passing, well today I had a phone call saying my dads funeral may be cancelled as it’s on the same day and all crematoriums will close………as it turns out they have since been given permission for it to go ahead. Back in the day every where would shut for ten days.
I went to Costa this morning, they are not allowed to play music for ten days , no sports events will take place, no comedy shows on tv and radio are only allowed to play the right kind of music.
I have to say it’s kind of weird !!
I remember the death of George VI and the Coronation. I was 10 and we got taken to see the coloured film coverage of it at the cinema. I also now have the DVD. At school a lot was made of it in our lessons as we made decorations and learned appropriate songs and I devoured the papers and magazines for further information and pictures. We were given blue glass tumblers withe the royal coat of arm but sadly I lost mine.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Her last public appearance. She looks very frail there. But not at deaths door.

Prayers to her family and all in the realm who mourn.
Her funeral is going to be quite an event I'm sure.
That photo says a lot about the sort of person our Queen was. A no-fuss lady born into privilege, a lady who dressed regally for her royal duties but who preferred a tartan kilt with a simple blouse and cardigan in her private life. She was also happy in a mac with head scarf and wellies feeding carrots to her horses with her corgis at her heels. I will miss her and her lovely smile. I am sad.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have never been alive for a monarchs passing, well today I had a phone call saying my dads funeral may be cancelled as it’s on the same day and all crematoriums will close………as it turns out they have since been given permission for it to go ahead. Back in the day every where would shut for ten days.
I went to Costa this morning, they are not allowed to play music for ten days , no sports events will take place, no comedy shows on tv and radio are only allowed to play the right kind of music.
Good if they are being respectful in the media.

Hoping your family sorrow will not be unduly disrupted.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember the death of George VI and the Coronation. I was 10 and we got taken to see the coloured film coverage of it at the cinema. I also now have the DVD. At school a lot was made of it in our lessons as we made decorations and learned appropriate songs and I devoured the papers and magazines for further information and pictures. We were given blue glass tumblers withe the royal coat of arm but sadly I lost mine.
I keep forgetting you are older than me. So did all the shops shut ?
I do find the constant tv programs about what has happened become a bit repetitive, there is you back then searching for information when today it’s a constant to the point it’s over the top at times.
So does all our money change or do they gradually introduce the new monarch ?
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do find the constant tv programs about what has happened become a bit repetitive, there is you back then searching for information when today it’s a constant to the point it’s over the top at times.
Rita
My guess is that they have already got a design effigy for King Charles ready for the banknotes and coins.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was just curious as to how they change them over from The Queen to the king, usually when bank notes change they give a date when they are no longer legal tender, so you exchange them. I wondered if that suddenly happens because we have a king or whether they have both new and old in circulation at the same time x

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just curious as to how they change them over from The Queen to the king, usually when bank notes change they give a date when they are no longer legal tender, so you exchange them. I wondered if that suddenly happens because we have a king or whether they have both new and old in circulation at the same time x

Rex numquam moritur.
the king (government) never dies

As soon a the king or queen dies, the next in line is automatically the new king or queen.
As I used to hear a lot on classic TV, "The king is dead. Long live the king."

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rex numquam moritur.

As soon a the king or queen dies, the next in line is automatically the new king or queen.
Oh no I was talking about our money changing over, at the moment the Queen is in all our bank notes ect

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

maybe “weird” to most.
Maybe seemingly very Victorian …national pride has vanished in almost every country these days . Not by accident , but by design …

Maybe weird …but as it should be. She is the last of a breed that we will never ever see again.
I believe that rainbow over Buck House a few hours before she died was a sign .
The book we’ve taken for granted is now closed.
I actually thought that at 80 I’d be out of what is now coming next …but guess I’m still here for a reason. :)

@Pearl and I probably won’t find it too strange singing ‘God save the King ‘…
We sung that in movies ( before and after a movie in the cinema)
Also it played a lot on the radio after some shows. And of course , at school. X

but, with the rise of the anti- monarchies we may well see the end of it being sung at all. Things will change …

I’m so glad that you can still put your dad to rest Rita as planned , without delays . Hugs xxx

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rex numquam moritur.

Just realised that you may not be aware that we have the reigning monarch on all our currency xx

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

All newly minted coins and newly printed notes will have the King on them. But the old ones are still legal tender and will continue to circulate until they wear out. I remember as a child (before the decimal currency was introduced in 1971) seeing pennies and halfpennies with the head of King George VI on them.

Reactions: Helen and Cassandra

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wow I was born in 1958 and I don’t remember that xx

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita
The new coins and bank notes will be released gradually, any new post boxes will have CR on them but the old ones still with VR or GR and ER won't be replaced and of course new stamps. I don't remember if the shops closed but like you say there was very little coverage apart from papers and radio. Most of us didn't have a television and lots of people bought TVs after it was decided to televise the Coronation. And I think the rationing was lifted a bit so people could celebrate.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My guess is that they have already got a design effigy for King Charles ready for the banknotes and coins.
Yes they will have prepared well for this eventuality for years.

Reactions: farouk

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not a monarchist as such, but I do feel sad at the Queen's passing. She has been around for my whole life and by all accounts she executed her role very conscientiously, and has presided for 70 years over what might have been the most peaceful and prosperous era the world has ever seen. And I believe she may be one of relatively few monarchs who has lived a clean life, if it's not too presumptuous to say that. Interesting that there was a double rainbow over the palace, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that could be a sign and reminder from God. Something encouraging or heartening in it. Even if there may be storms ahead, the Lord is faithful.

Heard that Charles said he will reign as a "Christian" king as head of the C of E and will cease his climate change activism and remain publicly neutral about political matters during his reign, as his mother did.

Heavenly Father, who holds the hearts of kings in your hands, I pray you would be merciful to Britain and the commonwealth, and turn things around, granting true repentance through the gospel and bringing many souls back to you.