Question about Jeroboam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Im doing a study in to the idol worship of the northern tribes of Israel. I know that several of the Kings over the 10 tribes made human sacrifices to the Ammorite idol Molech.
But I have become a little stuck with the first king Jeroboam and his two golden calves, which some commentrys suggest that he may have been making human sacrifices too.
They cite the warning by the man of God in 1 Kings 13 as evidence.
However I am finding it hard to substantiate this claim, because as I read it the prediction it says that a future king Josiah will defile the alters with human bones or the bones of his priests, which suggests to me that these alters may not have been for human sacrifice but will be defiled instead at a later date with human remains.
Either Im missing something or there is a text somewhere I haven't come across which point directly at jeroboam for human sacrifice.

I will likely research and find the answer tonight after I walk away and have a breather, but I wouldnt mind reaching out to anyone with a like minded passion for biblical history or theology to lend me a hand.

Thanks