question about the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Primer

Apr 14, 2008
I know that the Bible is made up of a bunch of different books/letters, well I was wondering, who put together the books of the Bible and made it all one book?thank you
smile.gif

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Primer;48370)
I know that the Bible is made up of a bunch of different books/letters, well I was wondering, who put together the books of the Bible and made it all one book?thank you
smile.gif

Well, God put it together, but you are probably wondering what men or women He used to do it?
smile.gif
I do not recall their names... but they were denominationally catholic men, who God moved by His Spirit to compile them... and decern which books in question were of Godly origin (legit) and which were not. I am not a master of this. I'm sure someone else can elaborate.

Amira

Dec 18, 2007
The Bible was largely put together in the 4th century by early Christian theologians (you can look at, for example, Athanasius, Jerome and Augustine from that period) as the Christian church started to organize better and grow. But I do not think we can call them really Catholics, because the Christian church did not split officially into Western and Eastern until 1054 (8th Council of Nicaea). There was some disagreement over the content of the Bible around the time of the Reformation I believe, but I am not sure if anything changed. In any case, if so there was no considerable change. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong, or add to what I said.
smile.gif