Question about the M kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again I ask you

how can you look at the world and say Jesus rules with a rod of iron, and how can you say Satan is not deceiving the nations as we speak?

Hello EG,

That Satan is 'deceiving the nations as we speak' is evidence that he has been released...

When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison.

He will go out to deceive the nations at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.

Indeed are there any Christian nations left? (God save the Queen!)

Why do the nations protest and the peoples grumble in vain?

Kings on earth rise up and princes plot together against the LORD and his anointed:

"Let us break their shackles and cast off their chains!"

For 1000 years princes and kings submitted themselves and their people to Christ and His Church... their lands were blessed and the world was given into their hands, as they spread the Gospel everywhere they went...

When did kings start breaking their oaths, when did the people start rebelling against their kings... how far has Christ since been removed from the communal life of the society built by Christendom...

Ironic that Russia seems to be re-embracing its Christian heritage even as the 'west' degenerates faster and faster into godless barbarism..
I wonder how the world would react should the Patriarch of Moscow anoint Putin king...

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello EG,

That Satan is 'deceiving the nations as we speak' is evidence that he has been released...

When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison.

He will go out to deceive the nations at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.
when was he ever bond?

Indeed are there any Christian nations left? (God save the Queen!)

Why do the nations protest and the peoples grumble in vain?

Kings on earth rise up and princes plot together against the LORD and his anointed:

"Let us break their shackles and cast off their chains!"

For 1000 years princes and kings submitted themselves and their people to Christ and His Church... their lands were blessed and the world was given into their hands, as they spread the Gospel everywhere they went...

When did kings start breaking their oaths, when did the people start rebelling against their kings... how far has Christ since been removed from the communal life of the society built by Christendom...

Ironic that Russia seems to be re-embracing its Christian heritage even as the 'west' degenerates faster and faster into godless barbarism..
I wonder how the world would react should the Patriarch of Moscow anoint Putin king...

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
You have a very different view of history. I pray you look at real history outside the Roman Empire who rules with a lot of evil and the Name of God

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
when was he ever bond?

Now is the time of judgment on this world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out.

And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself.

You have a very different view of history. I pray you look at real history outside the Roman Empire who rules with a lot of evil and the Name of God

I expect the 'rod of iron' might seem evil to those who suffer from it... but those who accept it for their correction...

My son, do not disdain the discipline of the Lord or lose heart when reproved by him;

for whom the Lord loves, he disciplines; he scourges every son he acknowledges

What part of the history of Christendom that I listed do you take issue with?

Peace!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now is the time of judgment on this world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out.

And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself.
yep the gospel went and continues to go to all nations

but as I look at history I see no time Satan was bound, evil rulers continues and conitinue even until today,

I expect the 'rod of iron' might seem evil to those who suffer from it... but those who accept it for their correction...

My son, do not disdain the discipline of the Lord or lose heart when reproved by him;

for whom the Lord loves, he disciplines; he scourges every son he acknowledges
That passage is only for believers, when Jesus rules he will rule the world. And it says Jesus will rule, NT the church and most certainly not some pope
What part of the history of Christendom that I listed do you take issue with?

Peace!
so I see you have no issue with the many murders the roman church did for over 1000 years? Let me guess, you think since it was done in name of Christ they were ok?[/quote]

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know, the more I learn, the less I’m inclined to be dogmatic on certain issues. Like this one, for instance.
I don’t believe the 1000 to be referring to a literal time, simply because of the book its within and how numbers are primarily used in that book. But as to how Christ will choose to display his Kingdom and reign once he returns? I’m not sure it’s entirely within our power to grasp. We argue, we ponder, and we each take our stances based on scripture. And it’s entirely possible that one ‘school’ of thought may be correct and all others wrong. But I cannot help but remember how, when Jesus came the first time, despite all the biblical references that seemingly pointed to everything he did ‘clearly’, he confounded everyone. Back then they had conflicting verses speaking of a suffering servant and a conquering King. Now we have those pointing to passages that seem to speak of the Kingdom being now, but we also have others arguing for texts that seem to show a time that is ‘better’ than what we have now, but still not eternity.
I’m not done wrestling with these things, I don’t believe we ought to, just because they are difficult. I had thought I was done, but now...not so sure, and not willing to be dogmatic.
hello Naomi....I have wondered where you were. 'Surety' has always been problematic. We are to watch....and that carefully!

Reactions: Naomi25

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi EG,

yep the gospel went and continues to go to all nations

but as I look at history I see no time Satan was bound, evil rulers continues and conitinue even until today,

Do you think rulers need Satan nearby to be evil?

Rather Christ, through His Church plundered the enemies house, while he was restrained...

Now that he's been released hes been working hard to return the favour..

That passage is only for believers, when Jesus rules he will rule the world. And it says Jesus will rule, NT the church and most certainly not some pope

Christ and His Church are one!
Did not Christ reign through His instruments, Christian kings?
And do we all not reign with Him?

But you are "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own, so that you may announce the praises" of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

so I see you have no issue with the many murders the roman church did for over 1000 years? Let me guess, you think since it was done in name of Christ they were ok?

?? Thats quite a jump from what I said...

All will stand before Christ and be held to acount for their actions, and their words.
Those who have received authority will be held to a higher account!

What do you think it means to 'rule with an iron rod' ?

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sister! I have no idea what this thread is about, LoL, but I saw you posting again and thought I'd bounce in and say Hello!

How are you doing, and what brings you back to the forum?
I’m doing well, thanks! I’ve been very, very busy, which is why I haven’t been around much. The last couple of months, I think, everything just decided “let’s go now!”, so I’ve been juggling commitments and really haven’t had much personal time.
Which is ok, you know...it’s not a bad thing when you feel like you’re being productive and doing what God’s asked you to do in the moment...but sometimes other things fall by the way.
Any, yeah, I did find myself with a spare moment while I was by my computer the other day and thought I’d just pop by...t’was nice. Some old “names”, some new ones.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hello Naomi....I have wondered where you were. 'Surety' has always been problematic. We are to watch....and that carefully!
Yes. I think we’re all watching at the moment.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m doing well, thanks! I’ve been very, very busy, which is why I haven’t been around much. The last couple of months, I think, everything just decided “let’s go now!”, so I’ve been juggling commitments and really haven’t had much personal time.
Which is ok, you know...it’s not a bad thing when you feel like you’re being productive and doing what God’s asked you to do in the moment...but sometimes other things fall by the way.
Any, yeah, I did find myself with a spare moment while I was by my computer the other day and thought I’d just pop by...t’was nice. Some old “names”, some new ones.

I always get a jump when I see your name on-line. :) Toughest debater I've ever engaged with to date, so I always have the utmost respect...

even if you are wrong about the Millennium, LoL.

God bless you, dear, and hopefully He will give us a chance to talk again over something sometime soon. :)

Your bud,
Hidden

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I always get a jump when I see your name on-line. :) Toughest debater I've ever engaged with to date, so I always have the utmost respect...

even if you are wrong about the Millennium, LoL.

God bless you, dear, and hopefully He will give us a chance to talk again over something sometime soon. :)

Your bud,
Hidden
Lol...well, if you read my post....I’ve actually reached a point where I’m willing to be wrong about the Millennium. Not totally convinced yet that I am, but I’ve been reading and studying Daniel in some depth and...let’s just say...I have questions

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...well, if you read my post....I’ve actually reached a point where I’m willing to be wrong about the Millennium. Not totally convinced yet that I am, but I’ve been reading and studying Daniel in some depth and...let’s just say...I have questions

Lord don't let me be the one to teach you, LoL. You wear me out. :p

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lord don't let me be the one to teach you, LoL. You wear me out. :p
Sorry I think in large part it’s autism brain...gotta get that point out there, you know. Then there’s the unfortunate fact that my husband is rather...hmmm. Smart. And I suppose over the years I’ve had to up my game if I EVER want to get a point across. I can happily say I do. But sometimes I gotta learn to switch it off, you know? And lastly....I WEAR ME OUT TOO! LOL. My brain never stops, Ug! It keeps going over all the points and facts and tries to weigh them up. Of course, I’m not nearly clever enough for all it wants to do, so I feel like I end up with nebulous puffs of logic rather than grand fully birthed theological outcomes. Which frustrates me. It took me a good ten years to weigh...and I mean fully weigh everything, about Amillennialism and decide it was the most logical and biblical eschatological system. I can’t tell you how many things I read, hours I listened to..Ug. And now my brain is like: “but is it really?” And gives me that side eyebrow look.
So...don’t worry...I don’t really need anyone to convince me...if it’s there, I’ll probably do it myself....even if at present I sort of feel like the cat in my profile pic.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I think in large part it’s autism brain...gotta get that point out there, you know. Then there’s the unfortunate fact that my husband is rather...hmmm. Smart. And I suppose over the years I’ve had to up my game if I EVER want to get a point across. I can happily say I do. But sometimes I gotta learn to switch it off, you know? And lastly....I WEAR ME OUT TOO! LOL. My brain never stops, Ug! It keeps going over all the points and facts and tries to weigh them up. Of course, I’m not nearly clever enough for all it wants to do, so I feel like I end up with nebulous puffs of logic rather than grand fully birthed theological outcomes. Which frustrates me.

LoL!!! Yes, it's like being in a ring with a guy that no matter how hard you hit him he just won't go down, Lol. He keeps scrambling to his feet and coming at you again until you're like, "Jesus, dude. Would you please just stop getting up. I'm starting to wanna capitulate just looking at you," Lol.

It's like fighting Rocky. Eventually you realize you may have bitten off more than you can chew.

121728a4581f6123b00df8b465f9682d.jpg

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi EG,

Do you think rulers need Satan nearby to be evil?

Rather Christ, through His Church plundered the enemies house, while he was restrained...

Now that he's been released hes been working hard to return the favour..
God never told the church to do what you church did,

and it is Satan who rules decieved the rulers,it’s all Over the Bible, we are told when Christ comes,he will punish the nations, as he rules with a rod of iron. The only rebellion after that is one final war which Christ quickly defeats and then the end,

how many major wars have we had?

Christ and His Church are one!
Christ told Peter to give the gospel of peace. Not the gospel of war. His church is one, it’s just not you church,
] Did not Christ reign through His instruments, Christian kings?
And do we all not reign with Him?

But you are "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own, so that you may announce the praises" of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
yeah after he comes to rule after the great tribulation, not when a Roman conqueror decides its time,

?? Thats quite a jump from what I said...
your the one who seems to defending the atrocities of the Roman church for all that time until the empire lost its powers and even then,
All will stand before Christ and be held to acount for their actions, and their words.
Those who have received authority will be held to a higher account!
Well then your church fathers will have a lot to answer for won’t they?
What do you think it means to 'rule with an iron rod' ?

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
Christ rule rule with a rod of iron. Not the church.

your church is not Christ,

and the church was supposed to spread peace with the gospel of peace not war,

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ Jesus' Church is founded on and established on Himself and men who believe Jesus IS the Christ the Son of the Living God.
The Apostles were first to hear and believe, and others joined.

Claiming the Catholic Church is Christs' one true Church, discounting other Chruches established IN Christ, is pure Arrogance, with no Scriptural basis in Truth.

And you call that Biblical exegesis?

matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

who builds the church?
Who received the keys (jurisdictional authority to govern the church)?
Who is told what “what you bind on earth “?

Jesus is the only one who has authority to build a church, he cannot built it on himself eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Peter received the keys
Peter has power to bind

not given to a confession but a person
PETER

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why?
What purpose is this supposed 1000 yr reign?
Maybe to test the humans that are born with mortal bodies during that time. We will be changed but they will be mortal living in a partially restored earth. I think they will see what it is like to live with a perfect government, perfect food, perfect everything. Then he will release Satan to test these souls. Test them to see if they choose the peace of God or the temporary pleasures of Satan. Then the end comes and the souls that choose God will enter into eternity with Christ and the souls who rebel will be destroyed.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please quote me defending atrocities... Else retract that statement.

You do not admit they were atrocities. You claim it was the church ruling with a rod of Iron. hence you excused the atrocities of your church

Is that an admission that Christendom reigned for 1000 years?

Peace!
The church has never ruled. They were not supposed to. They were supposed to go into the world and rescue lost sinners.

Christ will rule when he comes back

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!