Question about the M kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thousand years , at the end of it , was it written that the KINGDOM then ceases . NO
its written that GOD destroys those who surround it . IT CONTINUES FOREVER and EVER and EVER and EVER .
Let us bask in the Lord . Let us not , however , bask in some doctrines of some churches whom profess Christ yet Dont at all
seem to follow Him .

During 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ which begins after Armageddon God through his Only-begotten Son will during this Thousand Year Reign, Christ’s rule toward earth involves priestly action toward obedient mankind. (Re 5:9, 10; 20:6; 21:1-3) By this means the dominion of sin and death as kings over obedient mankind, subjected to their “law,” ends; undeserved kindness and righteousness are the ruling factors. (Ro 5:14, 17, 21) Since sin and death are to be completely removed from earth’s inhabitants, this also brings to an end the need for Jesus’ serving as “a helper with the Father” in the sense of providing propitiation for the sins of imperfect humans. (1Jo 2:1, 2) That brings mankind back to the original status enjoyed when the perfect man Adam was in Eden. Adam while perfect needed no one to stand between him and God to make propitiation. So, too, at the termination of Jesus’ Thousand Year Rule, earth’s inhabitants will be both in position and under responsibility to answer for their course of action before Jehovah God as the Supreme Judge, without recourse to anyone as legal intermediary, or helper. Jehovah, the Sovereign Power, thus becomes “all things to everyone.” This means that God’s purpose to “gather all things together again in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth,” will have been fully realized.—1Co 15:28; Eph 1:9, 10.

Jesus’ Millennial Rule will have fully accomplished its purpose. Earth, once a focus of rebellion, will have been restored to a full, clean, and undisputed position in the realm, or domain, of the Universal Sovereign. No subsidiary kingdom will remain between Jehovah and obedient mankind.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Naomi25
Let me answer your question. Just like the Jews believed when their messiah would come he would set up an earthly kingdom. They even asked Christ when the kingdom would come. They were looking for a literal kingdom. Christ told them the kingdom does not come through observation but the kingdom was within us. The kingdom is the body of believers in Christ. It is the Church. When Christ returns, he returns with his Church which is the kingdom. He does rule the nations with the saints for a thousand years. At the end of the thousand years the end will come and judgment will be set. And when that is over and we go to the new Heaven and earth Christ will give them kingdom to the Father. Submitting himself unto the Father so that it is only God that is worshipped. Paul explains this very well in a letter written unto the Corinthians.
As for it being an everlasting kingdom it is. It is the church. The Lord took Abraham into a high mountain and showed him a land and in that land was a great city whose builder and maker was God. The Lord told Abraham the unto him he would give him and his seed this land and great city as an everlasting possession. Paul also explains the seed to be Christ. Abraham not having understood what he had been told didn’t realize what he had been shown was a heavenly country. So Abraham travel throughout the area his entire life looking for it. Even today the Jews proclaim an earthly land and city. Abraham did not travel in the promised land but only in the land where he received the promise. The Lord also told Abraham that he would come into possession of the land and city as an everlasting possession. We know that this Heaven and earth will be utterly destroyed. Read what is written in Corinthians and also Hebrews. Naomi25 always remember this. Once you have received Christ as your savor you no longer have to depend on man to give you understanding. If you will ask the Lord for understanding he will give it to you.
Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply. I am aware of all (well, baring some of the more fringe) beliefs people hold in regards to the Millennium. I myself would say I have held, and suppose I still do hold to a more Amillennial sort of framework. And yes, the passage in 1 Corinthians 15 plays a big part in that understanding.
However, over the years as I've debated and discussed things with people, I've done my best to truly understand their point of view. One cannot refute properly when simply building straw men. And, as I said earlier, the more I've learned, the less dogmatic I wish to become in discussing such matters. I suppose I'm still inclined to see scripture pointing one way, but I also see how others can see it saying other things. And I don't think my thinking or understand so lofty that I must be right. I do trust the Holy Spirit to lead me and grow me in truth, and thus far, I believe he's telling me, in this subject at least, to be a bit more gracious in hearing out other point of views. In the end, I believe his will shall be done, Christ will return and sin done away with. He will rule, his people with him; so I'm not so willing to be fractious in the how's or whens anymore. I think that's all I was trying to say in my previous post. Rather than make a doctrinal statement.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am on the road...to my home...in the new Jerusalem.
Standing in the streets of the new Jerusalem, I was looking into Jesus' eyes, as He was looking into mine. "He's taller than I thought He would be."
No more death, no more mourning, no more crying or pain. Sigh! :)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The New Jerusalem comes down our of heaven at the end of the millennium. The church is in it. God's people were not on earth during the millennium. The earth was empty except for the devil and his angels. That was his bondage. No Nations to tempt. Everyone else, that is the wicked, apart from God's people are dead. Scattered upon the earth from one end to another, neither buried nor lamented. Dying upon the ground. The damage done to the earth prior to the second coming destroys everyone apart from those who go to heaven with Christ. The earth is completely uninhabitable. It has been shaken as a cottage in a massive earthquake. Mountains have been thrown into the sea. The land torn apart. Nuclear poisons and debris and waste cover the planet. It's a complete and utter waste land. Everything is destroyed. Literally. Then it has its rest. It's a Sabbath for the earth. 6000 years of sin, pollution, overuse, without it's rest... The millennium is it's 7000 the year rest.
When the city descends from heaven, all the wicked (the second Resurrection) are raised to face their judgement. Satan invited them all to destroy the city and they see the violent takeover of God's throne as their only hope. Fire them comes down and destroys them. That same fire cleanses the earth in preparation for a new creation.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
do I think Jesus rules with a rod of iron and Satan is bound? Not for a second, if this is Jesus ruling then Jesus is not a very good ruler he must have lost his rod of iron

Hello EG,

hmmm... do you not think Christendom ruled with an iron rod?

Perhaps Satan was chained and has since been released?

How can anyone enter a strong man's house and steal his property, unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repeating your words are of no interest.
Do you not know how to properly cite Scripture?
Book, Chapter, Verse.

If I did I would be a fundamentalist Protestant right?

what is the New Jerusalem our mother?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I did I would be a fundamentalist Protestant right?

I hardly think it requires the announcement of denominational membership to KNOW HOW TO properly cite a Scripture to support your claims.

what is the New Jerusalem our mother?

Cant speak for you. Or what city you claim is your mother.

My God is always referenced as He.
Gods city is the new Jerusalem.

Rev 3:
...the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem...

Reactions: Truman

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello EG,

Perhaps Satan was chained and has since been released?

How can anyone enter a strong man's house and steal his property, unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
Again I ask you

how can you look at the world and say Jesus rules with a rod of iron, and how can you say Satan is not deceiving the nations as we speak?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply. I am aware of all (well, baring some of the more fringe) beliefs people hold in regards to the Millennium. I myself would say I have held, and suppose I still do hold to a more Amillennial sort of framework. And yes, the passage in 1 Corinthians 15 plays a big part in that understanding.
However, over the years as I've debated and discussed things with people, I've done my best to truly understand their point of view. One cannot refute properly when simply building straw men. And, as I said earlier, the more I've learned, the less dogmatic I wish to become in discussing such matters. I suppose I'm still inclined to see scripture pointing one way, but I also see how others can see it saying other things. And I don't think my thinking or understand so lofty that I must be right. I do trust the Holy Spirit to lead me and grow me in truth, and thus far, I believe he's telling me, in this subject at least, to be a bit more gracious in hearing out other point of views. In the end, I believe his will shall be done, Christ will return and sin done away with. He will rule, his people with him; so I'm not so willing to be fractious in the how's or whens anymore. I think that's all I was trying to say in my previous post. Rather than make a doctrinal statement.

Sister! I have no idea what this thread is about, LoL, but I saw you posting again and thought I'd bounce in and say Hello!

How are you doing, and what brings you back to the forum?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello EG,

Christians do have limited authority, with respect to fulfilling their ministries. This does not mean the Kingdom of God has yet been established on earth, which must, I believe, be fulfilled, since God promised this in the Prophets.

Binding Satan and ruling with an "iron rod" on earth has to do with the promise of establishing God's Kingdom over all the kingdoms on earth. It related also to the nation Israel, who had been promised that they would see their enemies "no more." That they would live in peace "forever."

This has not yet taken place, and this is what this particular prophecy refers to. It is not denying that Jesus utilized limited authority while he was on earth to heal the sick, exorcise demons, and do miracles. He certainly did not refrain from going to the cross and dying.

So he did not use his powers to immediately establish his Kingdom. The Kingdom is "near." It is *not yet!*

Reactions: Truman and Keraz

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hardly think it requires the announcement of denominational membership to KNOW HOW TO properly cite a Scripture to support your claims.

Cant speak for you. Or what city you claim is your mother.

My God is always referenced as He.
Gods city is the new Jerusalem.

Rev 3:
...the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem...

scripture admits of no denominations only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
scripture admits of no denominations only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles

Christ Jesus' Church is founded on and established on Himself and men who believe Jesus IS the Christ the Son of the Living God.
The Apostles were first to hear and believe, and others joined.

Claiming the Catholic Church is Christs' one true Church, discounting other Chruches established IN Christ, is pure Arrogance, with no Scriptural basis in Truth.