Question concerning prophets and prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a debate.

I have a question to any who are astute in the area of prophets/prophetesses and prophecy.

Are there examples of prophets giving prophetic warnings of judgments where they insert their own flavor (sarcasm and insults) while lifting themselves up about their own godliness?

I'm asking this because I have listened to someone who claims to be a prophetess who does this on a regular basis. I don't think a prophet needs to go on the defensive and be sarcastic and use insults. If they are called by God, God will be their defense.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a debate.

I have a question to any who are astute in the area of prophets/prophetesses and prophecy.

Are there examples of prophets giving prophetic warnings of judgments where they insert their own flavor (sarcasm and insults) while lifting themselves up about their own godliness?

I'm asking this because I have listened to someone who claims to be a prophetess who does this on a regular basis. I don't think a prophet needs to go on the defensive and be sarcastic and use insults. If they are called by God, God will be their defense.

The sarcasm and insults certainly (IMO) have no place in our God...false. Why would a true prophet/tess be in opposition with Gods character?
xo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sarcasm and insults certainly (IMO) have no place in our God...false. Why would a true prophet/tess be in opposition with Gods character?
xo
I agree. I have known other self-proclaimed prophets who do this and try to instill fear in anyone who disagrees with their prophecies. So I recognize this like a sore thumb and it sends all sorts of red flags.

It wouldn't matter to me ....I'd have left off listening to this person months ago but someone I care about ......ugh .....

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I have known other self-proclaimed prophets who do this and try to instill fear in anyone who disagrees with their prophecies. So I recognize this like a sore thumb and it sends all sorts of red flags.

It wouldn't matter to me ....I'd have left off listening to this person months ago but someone I care about ......ugh .....

Yeah, must be tough as you do care about this person. God guide you here sister.
Curious, does this friend ever have her "prophesies" come to pass?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, must be tough as you do care about this person. God guide you here sister.
Curious, does this friend ever have her "prophesies" come to pass?
Kinda ....and sometimes (or often) she will post a prophecy she says came months or years before ....but hadn't posted it till a later date. So I just read one where she claimed the v-x to be the mark of the beast ....and that God told her EVERYONE will receive the mark, but that He won't hold it against the Christians who receive it. That is not scriptural.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a debate.

Paul and Peter would be banned form this forum for life in just a few hours.

When they read what is being said here all hell would break loose.

They would make Jesus with His whip in the temple a small thing!

When the Holy Spirit that dwells in man is insulted, the believer is also insulted and will react.

This is assuming the Holy Spirit dwells in that person, and not the spirit of a devil.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is assuming the Holy Spirit dwells in that person, and not the spirit of a devil.
This is the big question.
Also ....can you give scriptural examples of Paul and Peter using sarcasm, insults, and self exaltation?

Btw, keep in mind, I'm talking about prophecies.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the big question.
Also ....can you give scriptural examples.of Paul and Peter using sarcasm, insults, and self exaltation?

I do not know anything about the situation you described. I know nothing of the self exaltation that could be misconstrued. I wasn't there!

But I do know that Paul called the Galatians fools, implied they were ignorant, and had fallen from grace.

I know that Peter told Simon he had no part in the kingdom of God for his attitude on the receiving of the Spirit.

I know that Jesus Himself called the Pharisees hypocrites, liars, and were going to hell.

I know that Peter and Paul had very harsh things to say with no doubt it was considered to be insults.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a debate.

No sister, it is the last thing a prophet would do. They are messengers and are suppose to speak only what God tells them to speak or on some occasions they yield their voice to the Holy Spirit to speak at that moment.....
Many times God shows them things that they are to pray and intercede about without sharing it openly. This usually happens when God is preparing a work in a certain individual....they must be operating in discernment as well.
All the above pertains to those who are called into the ministry as a prophet.
The gift of prophesy is for all as He wills and typically is spoken in a congregation of believers to edify and exhort them... and they are not subject to correction of others as prophets are.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda ....and sometimes (or often) she will post a prophecy she says came months or years before ....but hadn't posted it till a later date. So I just read one where she claimed the v-x to be the mark of the beast ....and that God told her EVERYONE will receive the mark, but that He won't hold it against the Christians who receive it. That is not scriptural.
That is a FALSE PROPHET!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul and Peter would be banned form this forum for life in just a few hours.

When they read what is being said here all hell would break loose.

They would make Jesus with His whip in the temple a small thing!

When the Holy Spirit that dwells in man is insulted, the believer is also insulted and will react.

You cannot insult the Holy Spirit....you can grieve Him but not insult Him because His mind is not carnal and He doesn't process man's ignorance and unbelief as we humans do. Instead He brings conviction on the heart of those who are able to receive correction.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a FALSE PROPHET!
You can say that again, sister. She based this "prophecy" on Revelation 13:16. But it's dangerous to base a doctrine (or a prophecy) on one single scripture.

Revelation 13:16
[16]And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

So based on that, she says everyone will receive the mark. (She used the words "receive the mark.") But that is in disagreement with Revelation 20:4.

Revelation 20:4
[4]And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Obviously, there will be many who do not receive the mark. We must interpret scripture with scripture, else we will pull a verse out and create dangerous doctrines. It's dangerous to believe one could receive the mark and then say... "I didn't mean it." It will be too late!!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know anything about the situation you described. I know nothing of the self exaltation that could be misconstrued. I wasn't there!

But I do know that Paul called the Galatians fools, implied they were ignorant, and had fallen from grace.

I know that Peter told Simon he had no part in the kingdom of God for his attitude on the receiving of the Spirit.

I know that Jesus Himself called the Pharisees hypocrites, liars, and were going to hell.

I know that Peter and Paul had very harsh things to say with no doubt it was considered to be insults.
I believe there is a difference in speaking the truth, and speaking sarcastic and rude insults coupled with self exaltation as I have heard this person do. I know I've not posted a link, but right now, I'm just discussing general points. And I honestly don't want to point anyone to a false prophet.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is not a debate.

I have come across many who blow their own trumpet while claiming God as their author. I am revolted!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have a friend that would go visit one of her other friends that do palm readings. I told her that is a form of witchcraft and can open doors to many deceiving spirits. She finally quit going to her because she started having all kinds of crazy things happening in her house.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we walk in the Spirit and not the flesh, then the Spirit leads us in the right pathways, ALWAYS! Galatians 5:23-26

The Holy Spirit of God can be quenched, grieved, blasphemed, and resisted yet he does not bring darkness into the children who walk in the light.

The spirit of the prophet is subject to the prophet.1 Corinthians 14: 32
Jeremiah 28:7-10
9. The prophet which prophesied of peace,when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, THEN SHALL THE PROPHET BE KNOWN, THAT THE LORD HATH TRULY SENT HIM.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sampson was anointed yet his attitudes would have had him sidelined by most churches...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This does not sound right. Just move on and don't waste your time on modern "prophets" and "prophetesses".

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a debate.

Hi T ~

Scriptural teaching at its very Core IS wholly about conveying Gods Word to an other in a manner the listener can understand...
Meaning exact quoting; Rewording in the same intent in words a little child understands; Rewording in the same intent in words of an others native language.
* Keeping Gods Word True to its Intent, while using words the listener can understand WHAT Gods Word IS saying.

It can get ALL off kilter, very quickly, by way of HOW people DO communicate.
* Some set themselves up from the get go- Prophet/Prophetess...
....Implies, they have a Direct line of Communication From God, thus, ANYTHING “they” communicate, say...IS True...and IF you do not Agree; You are Wrong.
It’s a gaslighting technique...No Way to Verify...They WERE appointed as a Prophet/Prophetess. No Way to Verify...What they SAY IS according to Gods Word.

* Some Have landed on WHAT they BELIEVE, and CAN and DO, give a Scriptural Reference FOR WHAT they BELIEVE. And then EXPLAIN WHAT the Scriptural Reference “MEANS”....to buttress WHY they BELIEVE IT...
....BUT...the Scriptural Reference, DOES NOT, “MEAN” even close to what “they say” it MEANS. And IF you disagree with “their Meaning interpretation”...You are WRONG. Another gaslighting technique.

* Some WILL “REWRITE” what you Believe, (from your words TO “their” words), then SAY “you” are Wrong. Another gaslighting technique.

Bottom Line...WHEN the SPEAKER, BEGINS (their teaching, preaching), WITH....”I’m RIGHT”..... any thing you disagree with, by default, means YOU are Wrong.

* Some SPEAKERS, will also BEGIN (their teaching, preaching) WITH....
“I’m RIGHT”......and GIVE A LONG list “OF” “other men”; WHO believe AS THEY DO.... WHICH is intended to VERIFY “you are wrong”.... Because “they” have a BIG LIST of men that all agree.
Another gaslighting technique.

FACT IS: Scripture was Written for Everyones’ Benefit to Have Access TO Gods Word, to read, to study, to VERIFY what men TEACH, IS True.

FACT IS: ONLY God Himself, gives men UNDERSTANDING of the Knowledge of His Word. (TO THE mans Heart’s thoughts.)

FACT IS: There is no shortage of men WHO USE THEIR OWN Carnal Minds to DECIDE, WHAT the Knowledge of Gods Word “means”.
Ie.......PHILOSOPHIES

Philosophies are Conclusions Men’s CARNAL MINDS have concluded “makes logical sense”. (Regarding any topic).

Believing Gods Word....IS NOT about CARNAL MINDED Logical Sense.
Believing Gods Word....IS wholly about CHOOSING TO TRUST Gods Word IS TRUE, whether or NOT we “understand” it.

Because, LOGICALLY...The Carnal Mind...IS Against God...(Rom 8:7)
Based ON the Carnal Mind, that IN fact, discerns Logical conclusions BETWEEN, “this and that” option, chooses what makes the “MOST” sense.

NOTHING IS LOGICAL about choosing to BELIEVE, in a God, you can not....see, hear, feel, touch, smell, taste.....

How the Carnal Mind operates WAS Never a Mystery to God....
THUS....HOW GOD taught, WAS...close your ONE mouth, open your TWO Ears...Listen, Hear, What Gods Word SAYS...THEN WAIT, with your EYES OPEN, to SEE “IF” What He SAYS happens (Comes to pass).
* That IS your verification To Trust to Believe In God.

The ... “I’m right”, “you’re wrong”, IS a “human personality characteristic”....intended to imply “their ELEVATED STATUS”, IS VALID.
The ... sarcasm is as well, “a human personality characteristic”, of attempting to PROJECT “their SELF-ELEVATED STATUS” IS VALID.

I’m a Prophet, I’m a Prophetess, I’m a Catholic, I’m in Agreement with Famed Philosophers, I’m appointed as a Church head....blah, blah, blah.....are ALL intended from the get-go, to imply ELEVATED STATUS, that NEVER Falters, and Routinely is TAUGHT....IS ALWAYS without question to BE TRUSTED.”

It’s a TRAP. Believe ALL Prophets....:) Hey, “I’m a Prophet”... :rolleyes:

EH.... Test everything... 1 Thes 5:21