Question concerning prophets and prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, you were probably thinking that v-x means "vixen".:cool:

"A vixen is usually a stereotype of women as mysterious, racy, salacious, and seductive. It is used as an archetype and stock character in literature and art. Vixens are commonly identified with dark hair and makeup, their sex appeal, and seductress personas."
Lol Enoch, after asking our sister to clarify, it kind of came to me that it was probably the vax she meant and, leave poor Vixen out of this! :D
40760119-vixen-are-known-for-their-quickness-and-grace-which-makes-the-name-fit-right-in-with-reindeer-.jpg

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My random thoughts after reading the thread are…it’s possible, even highly likely, to be given some gift from God and to not yet have the maturity to handle it correctly. There was the prophet God had to send a talking donkey to. He was a mess, and attempted to use the gift of God for his own profit, but he was still a prophet even though he didn’t seem to have a healthy fear of God.

I have noted that gifts tend to puff up the flesh, arrogance, pride, in younger believers who are still carnal and have not had their flesh crucified, or even weaned and calmed, yet. The state of us currently makes it doubtful that someone more mature would correct them, and then if they run off on their own it’s even more doubtful. I’ve also noted some who sort of walk? in the prophetic somewhat but begin to, in their zeal, add so much to what they saw or heard. They overstep. Add to. Put on a show that screams, look at me!
So…I don’t know if you might be seeing that or just seeing someone who is making EVERYTHING up. At the very least, talking about low cut blouses of others without seeing you yourself are wearing one is an immaturity that sees faults of others but hasn’t yet seen faults of self.

Last edited: