Question concerning prophets and prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is a difference in speaking the truth, and speaking sarcastic and rude insults coupled with self exaltation as I have heard this person do. I know I've not posted a link, but right now, I'm just discussing general points. And I honestly don't want to point anyone to a false prophet.

Sarcastic and rude...is them trying to PROTECT their own ELEVATED “position”, that you are “challenging”, by not relenting and putting your trust in them, of whatever they say.

It makes it more difficult when it is a Friend.

Best to say something to the effect, You trust In God, and will WAIT for Him to tell YOU, what He has told your Friend...

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the big question.
Also ....can you give scriptural examples of Paul and Peter using sarcasm, insults, and self exaltation?

Btw, keep in mind, I'm talking about prophecies.

There are insults revealed in Scripture.
People being called: liars, hypocrites, fools, wicked, foolish, blah, blah...
... BECAUSE...the TRUTH IS: “they openly disagreed with Gods Word”, and Provable according to Gods own Word.

The discernment...IS...ARE they liars, hypocrites, fools, wicked, foolish;
EXPRESSLY because THEY ARE “going AGAINST the Word of God”...
Or because THEY ARE “going AGAINST another man”.

When a “MAN” says, “I’m Right...You’re Wrong”...
It is man AGAINST man.

When a “MAN” says, “I disagree with You, BECAUSE I agree with Scripture, that Does Not say what You say”...
It puts YOU in agreement with Gods Word, Period.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really understand much about prophets/prophecy, but I've been wondering if there are still prophets like Isiah and co who prophesied to the nations.

And to me there are more than one level of prophecy/prophet.

Even though there may bo longer be those old-time sort of prophet there are still people who prophesy in church fellowships, both to their own churches as well as to individuals. And also I believe that God still gives us prophecy on a one to one basis.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot insult the Holy Spirit....you can grieve Him but not insult Him because His mind is not carnal and He doesn't process man's ignorance and unbelief as we humans do. Instead He brings conviction on the heart of those who are able to receive correction.

What would you call that when the Pharisees accused Jesus of miracles by the power of Satan?

Was the Holy Spirit grieved or insulted?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is a difference in speaking the truth, and speaking sarcastic and rude insults coupled with self exaltation as I have heard this person do. I know I've not posted a link, but right now, I'm just discussing general points. And I honestly don't want to point anyone to a false prophet.

Just being honest! It's not all cake and ice cream.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just being honest! It's not all cake and ice cream.
I didn't say anything of the sort. But just as @Heart2Soul said, a prophet isn't going to say anything that they didn't hear God say. And if they're pointing to self and lifting up themselves, they're not pointing to Christ.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are insults revealed in Scripture.
People being called: liars, hypocrites, fools, wicked, foolish, blah, blah...
... BECAUSE...the TRUTH IS: “they openly disagreed with Gods Word”, and Provable according to Gods own Word.

The discernment...IS...ARE they liars, hypocrites, fools, wicked, foolish;
EXPRESSLY because THEY ARE “going AGAINST the Word of God”...
Or because THEY ARE “going AGAINST another man”.

When a “MAN” says, “I’m Right...You’re Wrong”...
It is man AGAINST man.

When a “MAN” says, “I disagree with You, BECAUSE I agree with Scripture, that Does Not say what You say”...
It puts YOU in agreement with Gods Word, Period.
Well said, brother. And that is my biggest issue with this person, that what they are claiming Jesus or God said, is not lining up scripturally.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say anything of the sort. But just as @Heart2Soul said, a prophet isn't going to say anything that they didn't hear God say. And if they're pointing to self and lifting up themselves, they're not pointing to Christ.

I agree! The point I'm making is that everyone will not see it the same.

In other words, what you have seen in that person may not be what someone else will see.

Some here will consider one to be a false prophet while others say no, that person is scriptural.

It depends on how one views scripture, the doctrines they believe.

We all have a tendency to find fault in someone who disagrees with our beliefs.

It shouldn't be that way but in the real world it can get that way.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point I'm making is that everyone will not see it the same.

In other words, what you have seen in that person may not be what someone else will see.

It depends on how one views scripture, the doctrines they believe.
If someone knows the scriptures, values truth, and has discernment, they'll spot someone like this right away and have none of it. That's where I stand. I love the Lord too much to pin words on Him that aren't consistent with scripture. It's just as plain as if someone said God told them to steal their neighbor's car when scripture says the total opposite.... "Thou shalt not steal." I don't care how you or anyone else sees it ....that person would be lying if they said God told them to go against His commandments. His Word is truth and doesn't change based on what we want it to mean.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have a tendency to find fault in someone who disagrees with our beliefs.

It shouldn't be that way but in the real world it can get that way.
Do you believe the vax is the mark of the beast? Why or why not?
Do you believe that everyone left on the earth during the tribulation will receive the mark, even those who accept Jesus Christ as their Savior?
Do you believe that God has raised the dead and that He still raises the dead? Do you believe He will cease those types of miracles in the last days?
What do you think of the scripture where Jesus commands us to raise the dead?
What do you think about scripture that says (in the last days) they that know their God will be strong and do exploits?

I want scriptural answers, not personal opinion .....if you care to answer. I may not be back to this till much later.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone knows the scriptures, values truth, and has discernment, they'll spot someone like this right away and have none of it. That's where I stand. I love the Lord too much to pin words on Him that aren't consistent with scripture. It's just as plain as if someone said God told them to steal their neighbor's car when scripture says the total opposite.... "Thou shalt not steal." I don't care how you or anyone else sees it ....that person would be lying if they said God told them to go against His commandments.

Why would someone start a thread on one who is perceived to be a false prophet, who lifts themselves up in pride, and has thrown insults? It seems strange to me. Especially when that person is not here to present the other side of the story.

I'm just presenting the reality of this situation and now I'm rude, I'm the one bringing insults.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is kind. Well I guess Jesus called Herod a fox but prophecies don't need to include insults. They sure are filled with threats though.
I think the majority of people who claim they are prophets probably are not. Lifting themselves up with their own godliness is a major red flag. That person should not be arrogant or prideful.

Is this person meek? Emotions controlled?
Has anything she said come to pass?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the vax is the mark of the beast? Why or why not?
Do you believe that everyone left on the earth during the tribulation will receive the mark, even those who accept Jesus Christ as their Savior?
Do you believe that God has raised the dead and that He still raises the dead? Do you believe He will cease those types of miracles in the last days?
What do you think of the scripture where Jesus commands us to raise the dead?
What do you think about scripture that says (in the last days) they that know their God will be strong and do exploits?

I want scriptural answers, not personal opinion .....if you care to answer. I may not be back to this till much later.

I suggest you go to the End Times Forum, they will be happy to help you understand that.

But be prepared to meet some more false prophets. Everyone has a different answer.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda ....and sometimes (or often) she will post a prophecy she says came months or years before ....but hadn't posted it till a later date. So I just read one where she claimed the v-x to be the mark of the beast ....and that God told her EVERYONE will receive the mark, but that He won't hold it against the Christians who receive it. That is not scriptural.
There are many that make that claim even on this forum. I don't believe it though.

The first thing Christians must learn is how to distinguish Satan from God. And that can be difficult for some people. Satan does a lot of talking to them that have faith. He harassed Jesus and I'm sure everyone else. He is the son of perdition and claims to be god often I think.

That said, sometimes people get misled. I've had my suspicions about various individuals getting taught from Satan claiming to be God. They can come up with all sorts of false doctrine and prophecies. And do.

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda ....and sometimes (or often) she will post a prophecy she says came months or years before ....but hadn't posted it till a later date. So I just read one where she claimed the v-x to be the mark of the beast ....and that God told her EVERYONE will receive the mark, but that He won't hold it against the Christians who receive it. That is not scriptural.
Right, that is not at all scriptural.
Oh heck, any one of us can prophecy the past, lol! God save her soul.
BTW- what is v-x?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest you go to the End Times Forum, they will be happy to help you understand that.

But be prepared to meet some more false prophets. Everyone has a different answer.
No thank you. I started this thread where it can be a discussion. Idk why you felt insulted. My point is, scripture is the guage for truth. I think you missed the purpose of this thread.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, that is not at all scriptural.
Oh heck, any one of us can prophecy the past, lol! God save her soul.
BTW- what is v-x?
Sorry about the confusion, sister ....v-x is vax ....I just hate bringing the bots to my thread. lol

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would you call that when the Pharisees accused Jesus of miracles by the power of Satan?

Was the Holy Spirit grieved or insulted?
Jesus had already discerned what they would say and He always had the correct answer.
I would say neither grieved nor insulted...wouldn't you?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another thing I'd like to clarify is that this so-called prophet is not someone I know. It's just that someone I care about is listening to this person and that concerns me.

Some of what she has said has come to pass ...not to the T, but close, I think. And most of it is things she is saying will happen in the future. She calls the vax "the harm that causes harm." And I do agree with that, as studies and doctors have come forward saying the evidence points toward the vac being the cause for the huge rise in "all cause deaths" in majorly vaxxed populations. But the powers that be refuse to link the vax as the culprit for the rise in deaths. There is ample evidence pointing to the risks and dangers around the vaccinations. BUT.....that isn't what this thread is about. She believes the vax is the MOB.... which it isn't unless it's clearly linked to the worship of the beast. And the beast hasn't even been revealed. So we can rule that out .....at least for now, bc I do believe it is a test run.

Anyway .....she states all sorts of things like that, that don't line up scripturally.

I would like to say .....that I have known some MK programmed people who are programmed to go into ministry (for the purpose of infiltration) ...and who lead congregations by claiming to be an apostle or prophet ...and prophesy things that came to pass. But I'll say this .....it's easy to get info from those in power and call it prophecy.

The first major red flag with this person who this thread is about is when she said that Jesus told her the prophetic time clocks are off ....that the things that were supposed to happen didn't happen, and that the things that will happen will happen at a later time. So she basically blamed Jesus on her bad prophecy. Oops ....God who knows the end from the beginning made a mistake???
I made a thread about this a few months back. Same person.....