Question concerning prophets and prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have come across many who blow their own trumpet while claiming God as their author. I am revolted!

How many of them were in truth or righteousness? I've seen what you say many times on this forum. A lot of people get puffed up with knowledge and/or pride. There's so much hypocrisy when it comes to this stuff.

People can have the zeal for God, but not with the right knowledge. Another thing, even the demons/devils believe in God.

The first thing Christians must learn is how to distinguish Satan from God. And that can be difficult for some people. Satan does a lot of talking to them that have faith. He harassed Jesus and I'm sure everyone else. He is the son of perdition and claims to be god often I think.

Satan doesn't come saying he is Satan. A lot of people underestimate how clever he is. Jesus says to know what spirit we are of. It's important for us followers of Christ to check ourselves and to know/be with the right spirit.

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't really understand much about prophets/prophecy, but I've been wondering if there are still prophets like Isiah and co who prophesied to the nations.
No there are no more prophets like Isaiah or even the apostle John. John told us not to expect any more prophets, but do we even pay any attention?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thank you. I started this thread where it can be a discussion. Idk why you felt insulted. My point is, scripture is the guage for truth. I think you missed the purpose of this thread.

Yes, the Scripture is the gauge for truth! But who is interpreting that truth correctly, you or the other person?

We all think we have the truth. It is a fact that some of us don't.

So we go to the Scripture to make our case for the truth, and we compare.

I just don't like the idea of finding fault with someone on these boards when that person is not present, or it seems to me is not present.

I believe in taking the issue to that person, not the crowd.

I may have missed your point, it wouldn't be the first time I've made that mistake.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus had already discerned what they would say and He always had the correct answer.
I would say neither grieved nor insulted...wouldn't you?

I would say grieved to the point of being insulted.

It has to be a form of being insulted, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is said by Christ to be the unforgiveable sin.

That means the Holy Spirit has been shamed to the point of no forgiveness for that person.

I would think that the judgment is so severe, it must have been taken as an insult.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Especially when that person is not here to present the other side of the story.
When discussing false teachers and false prophets there is no "other side of the story". They have already presented their false beliefs or false prophecies publicly. It is then up to Christians to assess whether these people are genuine, in view of what is already in the Bible.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When discussing false teachers and false prophets there is no "other side of the story". They have already presented their false beliefs or false prophecies publicly. It is then up to Christians to assess whether these people are genuine, in view of what is already in the Bible.

And all of this has taken place without a voice from the second party?

What if you were the second party, Enoch? Just saying.

Wouldn't you want to have a say?

I don't think this person has been named, and I understand it's taken as an example.

But how would you feel if you came across this thread, and knew it was you being examined?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
believe in taking the issue to that person, not the crowd.
So do I. If I were to put her name out, that would be different. And too, I have taken some of my concerns to her, but she has stated she ignores comments on her videos. Apparently, she is above correction.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophets could be pretty snarky; my favorite is Elijah in 1 Kings 18:27, where (I'm told) the Hebrew implies that the reason Baal ain't showing up is because he's in the latrine...

While listening to this self-proclaimed prophetess, also watch what she does. What does her life say about her?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I feel like this person (in this thread) is defending false prophets. I have stated some of the things she is saying which do not line up with scriptures already and he is ignoring that.

Another thing she is saying is that in the last days God isn't raising people from the dead, and that if you see a loved one raised from the dead, it isn't them, but a demonic "re-anime." There are more things around that she believes that I am leery to post because those I minister to (coming out of SRA/MK) would be severely triggered. But although she does not believe God is raising the dead anymore, she believes certain people will die and be reanimated and go around on savage human hunting and killing sprees. She says that it's not a spiritual happening that causes it, but these "re-animes" hate light and can be turned back by quoting scripture. Just crazy stuff. lol

Anyway ....I know that we are coming up on days like we've never seen before. Men's hearts will fail them for fear seeing the things that are to come upon the earth. But her claims make no scriptural sense. Even a baby christian knows that if something (or someone) hates light and scripture, it is a spiritual issue!!

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophets could be pretty snarky; my favorite is Elijah in 1 Kings 18:27, where (I'm told) the Hebrew implies that the reason Baal ain't showing up is because he's in the latrine...

While listening to this self-proclaimed prophetess, also watch what she does. What does her life say about her?
Yes, I remember the mocking and that did come to mind. But Elijah pointed to God, not himself.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She was on a video talking about the women in the churches with low-cut blouses, and yet she herself was wearing a low-cut blouse. So in the comments, I asked, "How much cleavage is God okay with you showing?" No reply. But ...she wears a head covering while she "prophesies." I'm not against head coverings at all. But there is a strong attention she brings to herself and the fact she wears a head covering in that, every other minute she repositions her head covering ...lifting it up and repositioning it so the viewer's attention is brought to the fact she is "humble" and wearing a head covering. Idk why she's even wearing it if it brings attention to herself. Plus, her hair isn't much covered by it. So...?

Anyway ....I see a false humility and self exaltation. Those are her fruits. It was really ....yuck, confusing ...to see her in a low-cut blouse and yet wearing a head covering ...while going on about how God is going to judge these women in the churches who show their cleavage. That was why I asked the question.... "Just how much cleavage is God okay with you showing?"

Those are the fruits I have seen in her videos. I don't know her personally.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't like the idea of finding fault with someone on these boards when that person is not present, or it seems to me is not present.
You're definitely not reading what I've said. This "prophetess" is not someone on this forum. She is a YouTuber.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another thing I'd like to clarify is that this so-called prophet is not someone I know. It's just that someone I care about is listening to this person and that concerns me.

Some of what she has said has come to pass ...not to the T, but close, I think. And most of it is things she is saying will happen in the future. She calls the vax "the harm that causes harm." And I do agree with that, as studies and doctors have come forward saying the evidence points toward the vac being the cause for the huge rise in "all cause deaths" in majorly vaxxed populations. But the powers that be refuse to link the vax as the culprit for the rise in deaths. There is ample evidence pointing to the risks and dangers around the vaccinations. BUT.....that isn't what this thread is about. She believes the vax is the MOB.... which it isn't unless it's clearly linked to the worship of the beast. And the beast hasn't even been revealed. So we can rule that out .....at least for now, bc I do believe it is a test run.

Anyway .....she states all sorts of things like that, that don't line up scripturally.

I would like to say .....that I have known some MK programmed people who are programmed to go into ministry (for the purpose of infiltration) ...and who lead congregations by claiming to be an apostle or prophet ...and prophesy things that came to pass. But I'll say this .....it's easy to get info from those in power and call it prophecy.

The first major red flag with this person who this thread is about is when she said that Jesus told her the prophetic time clocks are off ....that the things that were supposed to happen didn't happen, and that the things that will happen will happen at a later time. So she basically blamed Jesus on her bad prophecy. Oops ....God who knows the end from the beginning made a mistake???
I made a thread about this a few months back. Same person.....

Let me tell you an excerpt from my life.

When I walked away from God & rejected his grace, I embraced sin.

I even went to a " psychic". Paid her 10 bucks.

Some things she told me sounded so far out.........yet she told me my son would be swept away by drugs, and that my daughter would get pregnant out of wed- lock........ this became true.

I do not understand the workings of the mind. It is terrible in this age so much has been made complex by diagnosis of mental illness or disease.
Ppl with ESP or power over the mind have been labeled as accepted by terms such as psychic, faith healers ect.ect.

I KNOW one thing for sure, God is_______________. He is NOT limited but cares for his children and wants only our good. He LISTENS when his children ask, seek & knock.

Prayer answers our confusion and questions !

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I even went to a " psychic". Paid her 10 bucks.

Some things she told me sounded so far out.........yet she told me my son would be swept away by drugs, and that my daughter would get pregnant out of wed- lock........ this became true.
I'm so sorry to hear this, sister. I can explain the spiritual principle behind why her words became a reality. When you went to a psychic, you were unaware that you were opening a door for Satan and his demons. This "psychic" basically gave you a false "prophecy" ....speaking a curse over your children, which then Satan's demons went about to fulfill. See how that works?
(No guilt, bc you are forgiven in Christ and God can still redeem lives!)

Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But how would you feel if you came across this thread, and knew it was you being examined?
Here's my take on this. Any time a Christian makes a public statement (even on this Christian forum) he or she becomes responsible for the accuracy of that statement. Our posts must line up with Scripture, or they will be condemned. So whoever this "prophetess" is she must be willing to have her statements examined in the light of Scripture. And if she is making crazy remarks then she does have a problem.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a debate.

I have a question to any who are astute in the area of prophets/prophetesses and prophecy.

Are there examples of prophets giving prophetic warnings of judgments where they insert their own flavor (sarcasm and insults) while lifting themselves up about their own godliness?

I'm asking this because I have listened to someone who claims to be a prophetess who does this on a regular basis. I don't think a prophet needs to go on the defensive and be sarcastic and use insults. If they are called by God, God will be their defense.
I have my doubts that someone who calls himself a prophet/prophetess is really a prophet/prophetess.

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oooh, got you, did not cross my mind...thanks!
Nancy, you were probably thinking that v-x means "vixen".:cool:

"A vixen is usually a stereotype of women as mysterious, racy, salacious, and seductive. It is used as an archetype and stock character in literature and art. Vixens are commonly identified with dark hair and makeup, their sex appeal, and seductress personas."

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think right now a lot of Christians, including myself, have been hearing into the spirit in a way that is so convincing they truly believe it has to be God.

I've talked with MANY experiencing the same kind of things. I can't explain what it is and I don't necessarily understand it myself, but I have to assume that it is some kind of spiritual warfare.

I *personally* feel like part of the spiritual warfare and complications with discernment has to deal with compromising in terms of spiritual commitment, especially with entertainment.

An example would be "I know God probably doesn't like this movie but.." "I know this song is a bit racy, but..." "I know Halloween isn't Christian, but..."

I think we all do this in some way or another, but it isn't helpful to compromise and keep doors open when we're going through stuff.

I'm including myself in this, because I've made a lot of compromises, since I came back into the real world. I'm guilty, too.

lightlysalted

Jul 30, 2022
DownEast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the vax is the mark of the beast? Why or why not?
In the beginning God placed a "mark" on Cain's forehead. Not a beast.
Later, God tells the "angels" to go and "mark" those and to not "mark others.
Who applies the "mark" and what is it?

If you look up the word "mark" in Hebrew it's meaning is "name" . As in the name of the beast.
the name and the mark are the same.

What name or mark can the world apply to your "mind" that determines to whom you belong to?
Jesus said you either serve God or ....... the world.
The mark is whom or what you follow and put your faith in.
It's not a vx. It's not something we can manufacture. It's internal and spiritual. And God knows who are his.

Hugs