Question no Protestant can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never said I was a Bible scholar.
I simply believe what the Bible tells us.
Uhhh, no. You are believing what the church tells you the Bible is saying. There a big difference. Like I said. You would believe black is white if the Pope said so. And sometimes he does.
As for the seventh day. The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God. Not the first. As your church has said many many times, the is absolutely no justification for Sunday sacredness in scripture. None. Your church didn't get Sunday from the Bible. You invented it as a demonstration of your presumed authority. And they council of Trent affirmed that as your church's boast against Protestantism because they bow to that same authority by keeping Sunday. So you cannot use any biblical chapter or verse to justify changing a specific Commandment of God.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Other sheep" He spoke of are the Gentiles - and they are NOT supposed to be "scattered". He said that there shall be ONE FOLD (John 10:16) - not tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering folds that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL refer to themselves as "The Church".

The above is exactly the kind of ignorance you exhibit and display concerning the things of God, yet you have the gall to blame such things on others. If the above is true as you say, "what is the purpose of the Great Commission set forth in Matthew 28:19-20 and Mark 16:15, that is, if the Gentiles who are to be saved are not scattered?"

My, my I really pity your way of exegesis Scripture. It's no wonder and no surprise that you and your church are truly lost!

To God Be The Glory

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. One thing I will say for you. There is no mistaking true Catholic dogma when you post. Other Catholics will circumvent the truth... Obfuscate... But not theefaith. No no. Anyone want to know the attitude of the Catholic church toward any non Catholic all they need do is read your posts.
Great reminder of where we all stand.
All of us.
Lost.
Destined to hell.
Under threat of persecution the moment you have civil power.
And you would have the audacity to claim you are showing grace and the love of Christ.

the truth marches on, your free to repent of your fundamentalist errors and enter the one new covenant of Jesus Christ

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhh, no. You are believing what the church tells you the Bible is saying. There a big difference. Like I said. You would believe black is white if the Pope said so. And sometimes he does.
As for the seventh day. The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God. Not the first. As your church has said many many times, the is absolutely no justification for Sunday sacredness in scripture. None. Your church didn't get Sunday from the Bible. You invented it as a demonstration of your presumed authority. And they council of Trent affirmed that as your church's boast against Protestantism because they bow to that same authority by keeping Sunday. So you cannot use any biblical chapter or verse to justify changing a specific Commandment of God.

I can!

Christ founded the church on Peter!
Matt 16:18-19

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

All things are included

whatsoever

jurisdictional authority of Peter and His successors

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above is exactly the kind of ignorance you exhibit and display concerning the things of God, yet you have the gall to blame such things on others. If the above is true as you say, "what is the purpose of the Great Commission set forth in Matthew 28:19-20 and Mark 16:15, that is, if the Gentiles who are to be saved are not scattered?"

My, my I really pity your way of exegesis Scripture. It's no wonder and no surprise that you and your church are truly lost!

To God Be The Glory
The Great commission was to Baptize all nations and teach them all the things that Jesus taught.
It was NOT to keep them "scattered" but to bring them into the fold - into the ONE Church.

If you don't understand this - then you don't understand the Gospel.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOPE- All believers stand on the same ground!

To God Be The Glory
All members of Christ by faith and baptism are equal but do not have the same role
Husband and wife are equal but have different roles
Authority is different and Peter is appointed by Christ as the head of the church on earth having the keys jurisdictional authority over the entire kingdom

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because it is the Church's job to TEACH (Matt. 28:19-20).

It's funny how you anti-Catholics reject the fact that we are ALL taught by men guided by the Holy spirit - yet you ALL have pastors and minsters in your own sects. You yourself adhere to the TEACHINS of your false prophetess, Ellen White.

As for your obsession with the adhering to the Mosaic Law regarding the Sabbath - The Word of God states that we are no longer bound by what was a SHADOW of the things to come The reality belongs to CHRIST (Col. 2:16-17).

Reactions: theefaith

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's because it is the Church's job to TEACH (Matt. 28:19-20).
what the scriptures mean.
But not in contradiction to scripture. I appreciate that the Catholic religion does not hold the Bible as final authority, which grants the magisterium de facto final say in what scripture means. Any Catholic therefore who reads the Bible for himself in order to discover doctrine, is going against his own faith. I get that.

It's funny how you anti-Catholics reject the fact that we are ALL taught by men guided by the Holy spirit - yet you ALL have pastors and minsters in your own sects. You yourself adhere to the TEACHINS of your false prophetess, Ellen White.
The seventh Day Adventists in contradistinction to Catholicism, hold scripture s as the final authority in faith and practise. Ellen White does not have authority over scripture. Her writings chime secondary. They are inspired... They are not scripture.

As for your obsession with the adhering to the Mosaic Law regarding the Sabbath - The Word of God states that we are no longer bound by what was a SHADOW of the things to come The reality belongs to CHRIST (Col. 2:16-17).
Adobe Acrobat
The above small article was written and published by your church in the late 19th century. I find it accurate and informative, at least in as much as they are speaking of the Sabbath. You would do well to read it.

Last edited by a moderator:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no authority to discover doctrine

the truth is revealed, taught, preached
Lk 1:4 we must be instructed
Eph 4:5 there is only one faith
Jude 1:3 common salvation and thee faith delivered not discovered

all you can discover is error and fundamentalists heresy

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Catholics have no authority to discover doctrine through scripture, because their religion doesn't allow for it. Catholics have no authority to tell Protestants how to practise their faith, because their faith is not founded in Catholic principles. The Protestant faith is founded on scripture alone. Your telling me how to practice my faith is like a pediatrician instructing a physiotherapist on how to practise his craft. Apples and oranges. Mind your own business.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics have no authority to discover doctrine through scripture, because their religion doesn't allow for it. Catholics have no authority to tell Protestants how to practise their faith, because their faith is not founded in Catholic principles. The Protestant faith is founded on scripture alone. Your telling me how to practice my faith is like a pediatrician instructing a physiotherapist on how to practise his craft. Apples and oranges. Mind your own business.

doctrine CANNOT be discovered it must be revealed that’s why it’s called revelation

there is no scripture that supports heresy

you have no real faith only doctrines of devils

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a human invention untied to Scripture.

Authority of the Apostles

Jesus Christ even shares His role as just judge with the apostles!

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, a human invention untied to Scripture. See 1 Corinthians 11:3.

really?

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Successors of Jesus Christ!

Jesus already prepares His apostles to continue His mission with His power (binding and loosing) and with His authority (keys) matt 16:18 matt 18:18

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 when therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John...
Jn 4:2 Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples

Here we see Jesus delegating to His successors, Peter and the apostles!

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing

There can be no unity of the spirit without obedience to the faith! Rom 1:5 eph 4:3

Matt 28 I am with you (the apostles)

The papacy based on Matt 16:18 and Isa 22:21-22

Matt 16:18-19
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Isa 22:21-22
21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Behold I am with you (the successors or the apostles until the end of the age, so the successors must remain until the end of the age) matt 28:19

(None of the so called reformers were apostles) (no man has authority to start a church)

Successors of Moses!

Matt 23 why does Jesus say to obey the successors of Moses?

The successors of Moses sit in the chair of Moses having the authority of the keys and the power to bind and loose Matt 23 and Jesus commanded them to be obeyed! Then the kingdom was taken from them matt 21:43 and given to Peter, Matt 16:18 the apostles, Matt 18:18 and their successors with the authority of the keys and the power to bind and lose!

Jesus said to obey the authority of the successors of Moses mt 23 authority of the keys and power to bind and loose and this power and authority was taken from them matt and given by Christ to Peter, the apostles and their successors, mt 16:18 18:18 this same authority and power must be obeyed!

mt 28:18-20 all authority is given to Peter, the apostles, and their successors requiring obedience, rom 1:5 obedience to the faith!
And Jesus say to Peter, the apostles, and their successors: behold I am with you even until the end of the world!!!
So the apostles have to remain until the end! Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and Priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Reign with kingdom authority (keys) power (bind loose) matt 16:18
The successors of Peter and the apostles have a valid jurisdictional authority (keys) and power (bind and loose) by Jesus Christ!

apostolic succession!

explicit and implicit in scripture

Judas was an apostle
Acts 1:17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

acts 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Matthias succeeded him as apostle

acts 1: 26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

now if it applies to judas how much more to Peter and the other apostles

Matt 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus is with His church and His apostles until the end! So the apostles must remain until the end governing the church administering the kingdom

Mt 16:18 Peter received the keys of the kingdom: (jurisdictional authority of the universal church) and the power to bind and loose:

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter:

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
doctrine CANNOT be discovered it must be revealed that’s why it’s called revelation

there is no scripture that supports heresy

you have no real faith only doctrines of devils
It the above is true then why are you attempting to indoctrinate Protestants using scripture? Why not leave it to God to reveal?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please expound John 3:16

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal)