Question on Jesus' Ministry timing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The great Second Exodus of God's people to the holy Land, is hard to believe for those who have other ideas about what they want God to do in the end times.
Not knowing just who God's people are today, thinking the Jews still are the 'chosen' people, is the great error of many.
WE Christians are the Israelites of God, His Victorious ones and the Promises of God to His Israelite Overcomers for Him, pertain to us. 2 Corinthians 1:20

The many prophesies that tell about the gathering of His people into all of the holy Land, soon after the Lord has cleared and cleansed that entire area, by His terrible day of fiery wrath; do mostly mention Israel or Israelites, which confuses people who wrongly think the Jewish State of Israel is the only Israel.
But prophesies like Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, do not mention Israel, they DO support the truth that every faithful Christian will live in peace and prosperity in all of the holy Land during the end times. Also Romans 9:24-26 clearly states that Christians will be called the sons of the Living God, in the same place as ancient Israel was rejected. Isaiah 66:18b-21, Revelation 5:9-10

Scriptural proofs that God’s holy people, the faithful Christians are living in the holy Land before Jesus Returns:
Revelation 13:7 He was allowed to wage war on Gods people and to defeat them....

As described in Zechariah 14:1-2 A day is coming that the Lord will gather armies to make war on Jerusalem and it will be conquered. Half of the people will leave and half must remain.
These two groups of the Christian peoples are shown again in Daniel 11:32 and Revelation 12:14 and 17

Daniel 7:25 ....the holy people will be delivered into his power for 3½ years. Referring to the Anti-Christ leader of the One World Govt.
Daniel 11:27 and 2 Thessalonians 2:4 show that this must take place in the holy Land.
You missed Jeremiah 31:18-21!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The linked document is based on a flawed understanding of God;s promise made to Abraham. God never promised Abraham any land in Gen 12:1 but this verse does promise that Abraham will receive the earth that God will show him.

The Ez passage is similarly based on a bad translation and understanding of God's promises to the Nation of Isreal.

Perhaps you may like to try again in posting scriptures that can be linked to God calling Israel to return to the Lnd of Canaan in our present time frame plus or minus a number of years.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The linked document is based on a flawed understanding of God;s promise made to Abraham. God never promised Abraham any land in Gen 12:1 but this verse does promise that Abraham will receive the earth that God will show him.

The Ez passage is similarly based on a bad translation and understanding of God's promises to the Nation of Isreal.

Perhaps you may like to try again in posting scriptures that can be linked to God calling Israel to return to the Lnd of Canaan in our present time frame plus or minus a number of years.
I think that no matter what article I post as the answer, you will stick to your view and find fault with every one. So I give up.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think that no matter what article I post as the answer, you will stick to your view and find fault with every one. So I give up.

I gave my response to the link you provided. The English translations that are available to use are flawed and we need to evaluate the available translations to confirm what the truth of the matter is. I did read your linked pages but found nothing within the page that would cause me to change my position, just as you are saying that you do not accept that my views justify you changing your perspective of the scriptures.

What I have posted above is what I have put together without inking my views to anyone else.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If as you previously claimed that the Maccabees revolt occurred around 100 BC then 100 years earlier would be around the year 250 BC.

It is my understanding that the Nation of Israel will be gathered to God around the year 2040-2050 AD. Now if the trampling of God's Sanctuary and host was to happen over a period of 2,300 years then the trampling began around the year 260- 250 BC.

But then the maths is fairly easy to calculate the year.

And what happened on 250 BC

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If as you previously claimed that the Maccabees revolt occurred around 100 BC then 100 years earlier would be around the year 250 BC.

It is my understanding that the Nation of Israel will be gathered to God around the year 2040-2050 AD. Now if the trampling of God's Sanctuary and host was to happen over a period of 2,300 years then the trampling began around the year 260- 250 BC.

But then the maths is fairly easy to calculate the year.

What are you basing 2040-2050 AD on. You pick a date out of the air, then subtract 2300 from it? At least mine is based on historical facts and dates.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What are you basing 2040-2050 AD on. You pick a date out of the air, then subtract 2300 from it? At least mine is based on historical facts and dates.

I am not disputing that the Maccabees revolt did not happen when history records it. What I am question is your assertion that this event is linked to Dan 8:14

When did the Grecian armies re-enter Jerusalem after the death of Alexandra the Great?

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What scripture are you basing the start date of 2300 years?

The dedication of Solomon;s temple is one piece of the evidence that I have used to calculate when things will happen within the realms of story telling accuracy.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not disputing that the Maccabees revolt did not happen when history records it. What I am question is your assertion that this event is linked to Dan 8:14

When did the Grecian armies re-enter Jerusalem after the death of Alexandra the Great?

According to these previous posts, you I say one thing, and you misquote me and use dates out of thin air.

Daniel 8's period of 2300 literal days (6.3 years) is from 167 BC. to 160 BC (Jewish revolt) when in the middle of that period, just before 164 BC when Antiochus Ephiphanes IV died, he slaughtered a pig on the altar in the Jewish temple in honor of Zeus, defiling it. It was in the middle of the Maccebean revolt. Jacob Maccabees cleansed the temple.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What date was Solomon's temple dedicated?

Probably around 934-936 BC. But that is a best guess as the Bible only gives clues as to when it was dedicated but is silent as to the year of Solomon's reign when Solomon stood in from of the people to dedicate the Temple to God and God's presence filled the Temple.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to these previous posts, you I say one thing, and you misquote me and use dates out of thin air.

Sadly that is the lot for all of us. Even Ussher's chronology has many mistakes in it as he massaged the figures to fit his desired outcome.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably around 934-936 BC. But that is a best guess as the Bible only gives clues as to when it was dedicated but is silent as to the year of Solomon's reign when Solomon stood in from of the people to dedicate the Temple to God and God's presence filled the Temple.

And what prophecy are you needing those dates for?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly the is the lot for all of us. Even Ussher's chronology has many mistakes in it as he massaged the figures to fit his desired outcome.

I'm not massaging anything. Just using recorded Jewish history.

Last edited: