Question on Jesus' Ministry timing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When Walvoord wrote his book, "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation", he completely bypassed the commentators. Instead he went DIRECTLY to the Scholars, because they are the SOURCE of veracity, -- but a commentator is simply someone who has a "thought".

And so where Montgomery, Young, Keil, & Kliefoth (and even Newton, but wasn't cited by Walvoord) had their Scripturally and/or Historically based insights, Walvoord COMPLETELY IGNORED THEIR OBSERVATIONS. So NOW Walvoord is nothing more than a commentator, and he knows that his conclusions DEFY SCRIPTURE, but it's the BEST LIE he can provide, because he can't resolve the Scholar's clues, -- and neither could the Scholars.

But if we see the clues in a "modern" context (Ref. the angel in 12:4 & 9), the solutions are readily apparent. -- But the commentators (and Walvoord) didn't have sufficient "hind-sight", so they could ONLY present their BEST LIES.

And all I'm asking from you, is to provide the Cyrus DUAL MONARCHY (Two Horns) which never existed; and validate Alexander's FIVE GENERALS which endured for 42 years.

You trust the lying commentators over History, and I trust History over the lying commentators. So between the two of us, who has more veracity?
Bobby Jo
I just can't be bothered wasting my time searching for answers to historical questions that are not essential to believing the gospel of Christ. You can use Google just as well as I can if you really want to know the answers.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just can't be bothered wasting my time searching for answers to historical questions that are not essential to believing the gospel of Christ. You can use Google just as well as I can if you really want to know the answers.

Yeah, another coward. You make accusations, and then run away. -- Jesus warned us about those who are in the "ministry" for their own benefit. They don't care about the sheep, they only care about themselves.

Is there no end to corruption in the "ministry"???
Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, another coward. You make accusations, and then run away. -- Jesus warned us about those who are in the "ministry" for their own benefit. They don't care about the sheep, they only care about themselves.

Is there no end to corruption in the "ministry"???
Bobby Jo
Resorting to abuse and accusation destroys your credibility. It's all over.

Reactions: Dcopymope

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Re-Posted:

Before my grandchildren knew what they were saying, we'd walk together to the school bus, and as we left their mother's house I taught them to say: "Goodbye and good riddance". -- It's sounded "good" to a child, but was a "prank" to my beautiful daughter.

But it DOES apply to YOU!
Bobby Jo

To All,

I could be mistaken, but the harshest criticism Jesus ever uttered was directed towards the Religious of his day. And I strongly suspect that he would have the same for the Religious today.

They didn't like it then, and don't like it now.
Bobby Jo

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't even know why you even bother to continue having a discussion with such creatures. They are nothing more than time wasters, designed to suck the life force out of you.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't even know why you even bother to continue having a discussion with such creatures. They are nothing more than time wasters, designed to suck the life force out of you.
The reason I come onto the forum is to have fellowship in our discussions and debates over Scripture meanings and issues. I learn a lot and have a lot of fun and satisfaction out of it. I am retired and I spend a lot of time at home, and it is a great way of keeping my brain alive during the day.

But I don't tolerate abuse and accusation.

I have seen the posts of those who have expressed concern about the frequency of abusive and attacking posts on this forum, and it was the same on the previous forum I was banned from for speaking the truth in response to it. I decided that I would use my influence to blunt the abuse and accusation that I receive in the hope that others will see how I deal with it, and do the same. In that way, those who resort to abuse and attack will see that it is no use when good members stop being defensive and either not respond or give the abuser/attacker the message that "you have lost the debate" or "you have shot yourself in the foot now and its all over between us." I believe that the abuse and attacking will die out because there is no more garbage for the "rats" to feed on. So the best way of dealing with abusers and accusers is to starve them of information until they either become more respectful in their posts, or they give up and go somewhere else where they can continue pouring out their acid upon people.

Reactions: Dcopymope

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason I come onto the forum is to have fellowship in our discussions and debates over Scripture meanings and issues. ....

... But I WON'T defend my unsubstantiated and FALSE accusations when confronted. I'm TOO IMPORTANT to have ANYONE challenge my AUTHORITY. -- I HEAR FROM GOD AND TELL YOU WHAT HE SAYS, BECAUSE YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF HEARING FROM GOD. SO WORSHIP ME AND DON"T YOU DARE HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE TRUTH OF SCRIPTURE AND HISTORY. I'M THE ONE IN CHARGE.

Yeah, I don't think so. All men are created to receive directly from GOD, and we don't need no stink'in intermediary to tell us what GOD says.

You're no better or worse than any other man, and your Religious Credentials mean NOTHING to me or to GOD.
Bobby Jo :)

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
... But I WON'T defend my unsubstantiated and FALSE accusations when confronted. I'm TOO IMPORTANT to have ANYONE challenge my AUTHORITY. -- I HEAR FROM GOD AND TELL YOU WHAT HE SAYS, BECAUSE YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF HEARING FROM GOD. SO WORSHIP ME AND DON"T YOU DARE HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE TRUTH OF SCRIPTURE AND HISTORY. I'M THE ONE IN CHARGE.

Yeah, I don't think so. All men are created to receive directly from GOD, and we don't need no stink'in intermediary to tell us what GOD says.

You're no better or worse than any other man, and your Religious Credentials mean NOTHING to me or to GOD.
Bobby Jo :)
In space, no one can hear you scream...or shout!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
100 years? What dates?

If as you previously claimed that the Maccabees revolt occurred around 100 BC then 100 years earlier would be around the year 250 BC.

It is my understanding that the Nation of Israel will be gathered to God around the year 2040-2050 AD. Now if the trampling of God's Sanctuary and host was to happen over a period of 2,300 years then the trampling began around the year 260- 250 BC.

But then the maths is fairly easy to calculate the year.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My final point is that I heard a sound Bible teacher say that the characteristic of heretics is that they tend to abuse those who don't agree with them.

Paul, it is wise to focus on the content of a post. CL was being loud in her response to my previous post and claiming that I was wrong thereby being abusive. Do you also consider her to be a heretic as well?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, it is wise to focus on the content of a post. CL was being loud in her response to my previous post and claiming that I was wrong thereby being abusive. Do you also consider her to be a heretic as well?

If I might, -- anyone who asks for EVIDENCE to back an ASSERTION IS UNCHRISTIAN.

Now the "Christian" is allowed to make whatever assertions they wish, and aren't required to provide any substantiation. And when challenged, they turn up their noses as though their word is insufficient, -- when it's in fact MORE SUFFICIENT than either Scripture or History. And all they have to do is accuse the challenger of ABUSE.

And that's the difference between a "heretic"/non-christian, versus "Christian".

Or maybe I have that backwards ...
Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well, do you think that she is posting sound doctrine in your view? Either she is right and you are wrong, or she is wrong and you are right. Can't be both.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, do you think that she is posting sound doctrine in your view? Either she is right and you are wrong, or she is wrong and you are right. Can't be both.

BOTH can be WRONG, if the "Christian" designates it so. -- Did you miss the part about "ABUSE"?

It's the Ace of Spades, -- the Trump card which ALL "ministers" carry. Because THEY'RE ALWAYS RIGHT. In fact, a previous pastor said HE'S THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH. And we need to obey EVERY "minister" who tells us to follow their guidance. They are above us, not along side of us.

What a load of barnyard ...
Bobby Jo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
BOTH can be WRONG, if the "Christian" designates it so. -- Did you miss the part about "ABUSE"?

It's the Ace of Spades, -- the Trump card which ALL "ministers" carry. Because THEY'RE ALWAYS RIGHT. In fact, a previous pastor said HE'S THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH. And we need to obey EVERY "minister" who tells us to follow their guidance. They are above us, not along side of us.

What a load of barnyard ...
Bobby Jo
Well, they may be all wrong except you and me, and I think that you are not sure about me!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But we don't have any timeline stated for the church age after Pentecost. It appears to be open-ended, and so the exact dates of the various end-time events leading up to the second coming of Christ can't be calculated. What complicates matters is that no one except the Father knows when Jesus is coming back. But we know that certain events have to happen first, including the return of the Jews to their homeland. No one would have believed that the prophecy would be fulfilled until 1948 when Israel was confirmed as a nation.

Can you demonstrate to me from the OT prophets where they claimed that God wanted to bring the nation of Israel back to the Land of Canaan from the Books written by them. Even God prophesied in Gen 15:16 that he would not be involved in their return during the fourth age of their existence. We already have one poster who believe that God is drawing the Israelites back to the land of Canaan, but the prophecies I have studied do not support that conclusion. Perhaps your superior knowledge will point me to the confirming scritures for your belief re Isrel;s return to the land.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Can you demonstrate to me from the OT prophets where they claimed that God wanted to bring the nation of Israel back to the Land of Canaan from the Books written by them. Even God prophesied in Gen 15:16 that he would not be involved in their return during the fourth age of their existence. We already have one poster who believe that God is drawing the Israelites back to the land of Canaan, but the prophecies I have studied do not support that conclusion. Perhaps your superior knowledge will point me to the confirming scritures for your belief re Isrel;s return to the land.
What the Bible says about Israel's Return to the Promised Land

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, they may be all wrong except you and me, and I think that you are not sure about me!

Quite the contrary. When you defame my scholarship, I GLADLY accept the REBUKE. You don't even have to provide any Scriptural or Historical basis. I trust your judgement implicitly, being that YOU supersede mankind. In fact, I refer to you as "Father" because you have that place above men:

Matt. 23
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Yeah, ignore that. It's just Scripture, and doesn't carry the weight of MINISTER.
Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I agree with you, but she will argue that her views are right and who in their right mind argues with a woman. As to whether she is posting sound doctrine, that judgement is up to the reader. My opinion is that she is not posting sound doctrine which is what I am calling her on.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The great Second Exodus of God's people to the holy Land, is hard to believe for those who have other ideas about what they want God to do in the end times.
Not knowing just who God's people are today, thinking the Jews still are the 'chosen' people, is the great error of many.
WE Christians are the Israelites of God, His Victorious ones and the Promises of God to His Israelite Overcomers for Him, pertain to us. 2 Corinthians 1:20

The many prophesies that tell about the gathering of His people into all of the holy Land, soon after the Lord has cleared and cleansed that entire area, by His terrible day of fiery wrath; do mostly mention Israel or Israelites, which confuses people who wrongly think the Jewish State of Israel is the only Israel.
But prophesies like Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, do not mention Israel, they DO support the truth that every faithful Christian will live in peace and prosperity in all of the holy Land during the end times. Also Romans 9:24-26 clearly states that Christians will be called the sons of the Living God, in the same place as ancient Israel was rejected. Isaiah 66:18b-21, Revelation 5:9-10

Scriptural proofs that God’s holy people, the faithful Christians are living in the holy Land before Jesus Returns:
Revelation 13:7 He was allowed to wage war on Gods people and to defeat them....

As described in Zechariah 14:1-2 A day is coming that the Lord will gather armies to make war on Jerusalem and it will be conquered. Half of the people will leave and half must remain.
These two groups of the Christian peoples are shown again in Daniel 11:32 and Revelation 12:14 and 17

Daniel 7:25 ....the holy people will be delivered into his power for 3½ years. Referring to the Anti-Christ leader of the One World Govt.
Daniel 11:27 and 2 Thessalonians 2:4 show that this must take place in the holy Land.