Question: What convinces you that the Bible is from God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, one must be doers of the word. It is obedience that saves.
Yes , its FAITH IN JESUS that saves . BUT if folks aint hearers and doers , THEN THEY TRULY HAVE NOT REAL FAITH IN , IN , IN JESUS .
The evidence of who is whose is seen in the fruits . Many lips can say we LOVE YOU JESUS , but if they dont love , aka KEEP , DO
His sayings , then its dead faith . Their faith is in another version of said JESUS . NOT IN JESUS .
There is a big difference between just knowing that JESUS IS LORD and SAVOIR and FOLLOWING HIM .
HECK , how many demons called him the SON OF GOD , YET DO THEY FOLLOW HIM . NOPE .
Like james said , EVEN the devils beleive and tremble ...............but wilt thou know o vain man
that faith in Christ without works is dead . I had that kind of faith and that kind of belief .
Any man or woman that knew me before I was truly led to JESUS could tell you
that i said JESUS is savoir , but my works were disgusting , i loved sin and I DID NOT KNOW HIM .
PRAISE GOD for the true grace that HE delivered unto me , which brought me to true life saving Faith .
THE FAITH IN JESUS that TRANSFORMS THE SOUL WITHIN .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some things I take on faith, one of them being that the Bible is an accurate account of the events it witnesses to. The evidence I have is that putting into practice the teachings of God and Jesus has brought me much peace.

Thanks Bob, very good post sir. I find the peace to be one of the greatest blessings of serving God as well.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you mean by this, but I'm afraid some aren't going to understand and will think you're saying obedience earns salvation. (Uh oh! Do I hear the can opener peeling open another can of worms?)

Sometimes it is easy to say something point blank Ferris. Works cannot save you! Faith cannot save you! Someone might say I have faith and you have works, therefore is it not appropriate to say, show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith, by my works. It is righteous faith and works that save.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes , its FAITH IN JESUS that saves . BUT if folks aint hearers and doers , THEN THEY TRULY HAVE NOT REAL FAITH IN , IN , IN JESUS .
The evidence of who is whose is seen in the fruits . Many lips can say we LOVE YOU JESUS , but if they dont love , aka KEEP , DO
His sayings , then its dead faith . Their faith is in another version of said JESUS . NOT IN JESUS .
There is a big difference between just knowing that JESUS IS LORD and SAVOIR and FOLLOWING HIM .
HECK , how many demons called him the SON OF GOD , YET DO THEY FOLLOW HIM . NOPE .
Like james said , EVEN the devils beleive and tremble ...............but wilt thou know o vain man
that faith in Christ without works is dead . I had that kind of faith and that kind of belief .
Any man or woman that knew me before I was truly led to JESUS could tell you
that i said JESUS is savoir , but my works were disgusting , i loved sin and I DID NOT KNOW HIM .
PRAISE GOD for the true grace that HE delivered unto me , which brought me to true life saving Faith .
THE FAITH IN JESUS that TRANSFORMS THE SOUL WITHIN .

Very good post Amigo. True love does come through obedience as you mentioned, fully agree sir. True disciples of Jesus are the only ones who will receive the reward. One cannot deceive God for sure.

Reactions: amigo de christo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would begin with ignoring the most of the Scriptures and focusing on the history and proofs that it gives concerning (a) the authorship of the Gospels, (b) the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and (c) the gift of the Holy Spirit to the Saints.

(a) When one looks at all the earliest records it is shown and proven that the authorship claims of the NT are correctly Apostolic, therefore we have eyewitness accounts of it. (b) All other explanations of the Resurrection are insufficient (hallucination theory, stolen body theory, etc), and many arguments have been given which prove this. (c) Moreover one can look at the history of the Church from St. Luke or Eusebius to verify whether or not the Lord gave the Holy Spirit as He said He would. St. Paul says that the Holy Spirit is the "pledge of our inheritance," meaning the giving of this is meant to prove that we do have the coming inheritance. So see the fruits of the Spirit in all of the works of His Saints to see whether or not it has been given.

At this point whether one believes it or not is up to the Lord giving the gift of faith. The Lord Jesus especially stressed the last proof saying "if you don't believe My words then at least believe the works."

Having the nous enlightened at this point by God I would look for the reception by the Holy Spirit in the Church of the books inspired by the Holy Spirit to the Church and this convinces me that the Bible is from God, so now having begun by disregarding the books one comes full circle to accepting the books.

This is a rough sketch of one common way the acceptance of Scriptures is justified, of course such a process doesn't need to happen always. Some people are so blessed that they hear the Word of God preached and on this occasion God enlightens them with the ray of faith so that they immediately assent and believe. Blessed are they.
@Abaxvahl In the end, Scripture as the Word of God is self-authenticating.

Reactions: Abaxvahl

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good post Amigo. True love does come through obedience as you mentioned, fully agree sir. True disciples of Jesus are the only ones who will receive the reward. One cannot deceive God for sure.
But denominations of men , no matter how well worded they can appear to be , THEY CAN DECIEVE . NOT lambs
but yeah they sure can deceive . This one jehovah witness came up to me today , while i was at rest in the park
and enjoying the glorious Kjv bible . I was kind and all , but in the end the man was left speechless
All of a sudden he was in a big hurry and needed to get somewhere . He left me with one promise
He would return with some literature i Could read . rather odd . IF GOD was with HIM
and i NEEDED to hear truth , how come he had not the words but rather had to run to his church .
I want folks to think about things like this . How come denominations have nothing but their religion to preach
and yet i never see them pointing to JESUS and his doctrine . That goes with all denominations in large .
JESUS said GOD would give us words . That man had no words . No answers no solutions to any doctrine i brought
only a mind that knew what his denomination had grounded into him . When i was led to ask or say certain things
He didnt seem to be able to answer . He came up strong and sure .
He left empty and running to his church for answers . I dont say that cause i think i am some great thing .
I say it , cause if our focus aint on the BIBLE JESUS , well , WHERE IS IT ...... Tis vain that is where it is .

Reactions: Marvelloustime