Question: What convinces you that the Bible is from God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THOMAS needed EVIDENCE .
JESUS simply said blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe .
No man can prove the bible is the word of GOD to those who dont want to receive it .
Anymore than the desciples themselves could prove to an APOSTEL called thomas .
THOMAS had TO SEE to BELEIVE .
BUT WHAT DID JESUS SAY , YOU BELEIVE CAUSE YOU SAW ME , BUT BLESSED are THOSE WHO DO NOT SEE , DID NOT SEE
and YET BELEIVE .
I can no more convince you that the kjv bible was inspired by GOD than could the apostles convince thomas that JESUS indeed had risen from the dead .
ONLY GOD can open your eyes my friend . I KNOW GOD INSPIRED THAT BIBLE . I KNOW it better than i know my own self .
But to convince you or the doubters , WELL , ONLY GOD can open your eyes . And if ye resist the SPIRIT , well , then that is on you .

The Bible was inspired of God, and I observe evidence that God accepted the KJV of the Bible. Truth can be found in it, but it does require a lot of research. What convinces me that God accepted it? The translators were dead set on removing His name, but were unable, however after Jehovah's name became known across the globe, He has allowed them to remove it in it's complete form. However I am unaware of any version being able to remove it completely. Are you aware of any version that does not include Jah somewhere?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Virtually everyone thinks they are righteous Amad Pro21:2, but Jesus clearly stated only a few would be saved Mat 7:14. Jesus clearly stated his followers could be identified by their fruits sir, Christians are able to know their brothers and sisters virtually instantly with just a small conversation. There are other identifiers as well, the primary identifier is the love among themselves. Jn 13:34,35

agree. I see a counselor now. I’m not knocking help from others. But even in that (Imo) He leads us to that help, softening the heart to want and receive that help. (Again only my opinion). It does make me think of that joke about a man stranded on an deserted island where God sent a boat and an helicopter…

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans 1.20

“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”

without a Bible , God says He has written in creation…so every man is without an excuse .
Man can believe God first….then, read the Bible for further unfolding of Himself .

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Virtually everyone thinks they are righteous Amad Pro21:2, but Jesus clearly stated only a few would be saved Mat 7:14. Jesus clearly stated his followers could be identified by their fruits sir, Christians are able to know their brothers and sisters virtually instantly with just a small conversation. There are other identifiers as well, the primary identifier is the love among themselves. Jn 13:34,35
How is it that any of us can ever more than this publican?

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 18:10-14

This man indeed, the one who seeing himself as he is, as I see me when I look away from God, unable even to lift up my head...

Help us dear Lord!

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:10-11

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree evidence can be seen, for instance right now pestilence is very observable. No one can honestly debate WW#1 breaking out.

Well, the evidence I am talking about is not prophetic signs but things like The Signature in the Cell and human DNA being 4D of information. A famous atheist recently came out in changing his mind about the existence of God because of this undeniable evidence that points to an Intelligent Designer.

It really is an exciting time to be a Christian scientist.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but Jesus clearly stated only a few would be saved Mat 7:14.

Just a thought. have you ever considered ‘only a few’ find it was a condemnation In Matthew 7:14? That He was telling them not only do they not enter in to the kingdom of God but they keep others out? That keeping out instead of the receiving of the brethren, being why there are few that find it? For example:

3 John 1:10: For this reason, if I come, I will call attention to his deeds which he does, unjustly accusing us with wicked words; and not satisfied with this, he himself does not receive the brethren, either, and he forbids those who desire to do so and puts them out of the church.

Consider John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2

2 Corinthians 4:3-6 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

• Consider broad (many)is the way that leads to death, and straight is the way (few)that lead to life…with 2 Corinthians 2:14-17 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. [15] For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? [17] For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.
“For we are not as many” “which corrupt the word of God” makes me think of the broad way that leads to death… but above suggests (Imo) 1) God Triumphs in every way (Philippians 1:18-19), 2) God is sufficient for these things. making manifest the savour of his knowledge
3) He commanded a Light shall shine , to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (in every place?)

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a thought. have you ever considered ‘only a few’ find it was a condemnation In Matthew 7:14? That He was telling them not only do they not enter in to the kingdom of God but they keep others out? That keeping out instead of the receiving of the brethren, being why there are few that find it? For example:

3 John 1:10: For this reason, if I come, I will call attention to his deeds which he does, unjustly accusing us with wicked words; and not satisfied with this, he himself does not receive the brethren, either, and he forbids those who desire to do so and puts them out of the church.

Consider John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2

2 Corinthians 4:3-6 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

• Consider broad (many)is the way that leads to death, and straight is the way (few)that lead to life…with 2 Corinthians 2:14-17 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. [15] For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? [17] For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.
“For we are not many” makes me think of the broad way… but above suggests (Imo) 1) God Triumphs in every way (Philippians 1:18-19), 2) God is sufficient for these things. 3) He commanded a Light shall shine , to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (in every place?)

Few in “God is sufficient for these things” is able to become the firstborn among many brethren. ‘And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. [29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Romans 8:28-29

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. [10] For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another (John 14:13-16) to help him up.

Yet James 4:8-10 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. [9] Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. [10] Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

How merciful in For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
Yet Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift (help)you up.

Last edited:

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
THOMAS needed EVIDENCE .
JESUS simply said blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe .
No man can prove the bible is the word of GOD to those who dont want to receive it .
Anymore than the desciples themselves could prove to an APOSTEL called thomas .
THOMAS had TO SEE to BELEIVE .
BUT WHAT DID JESUS SAY , YOU BELEIVE CAUSE YOU SAW ME , BUT BLESSED are THOSE WHO DO NOT SEE , DID NOT SEE
and YET BELEIVE .
I can no more convince you that the kjv bible was inspired by GOD than could the apostles convince thomas that JESUS indeed had risen from the dead .
ONLY GOD can open your eyes my friend . I KNOW GOD INSPIRED THAT BIBLE . I KNOW it better than i know my own self .
But to convince you or the doubters , WELL , ONLY GOD can open your eyes . And if ye resist the SPIRIT , well , then that is on you .
I think this also complements what you have wonderfully said brother:

“He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

On let the Lord be praised.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Big Bang Theory beautifully reveals the logical flaw in the material only universe secular theory.

The same with life.

In both scenarios, the secularists really have no plausible explanation.
  1. The existence of existence
  2. The existence of life
Science is returning to its proper alignment with understanding and the awe inspiring majesty of God’s work.
everything was wonderful till your last line .
Science aint returning to its proper alignement with understanding ,
Rather its headed right into the same lie as is the world and churches .
I will quaote from paul , WHO I KNEW , KNEW GOD .
I wont use the wisdom of this world , aka that means science or anything , to win anyone ,
LEST the CROSS OF JESUS be made of no effect .
Science can lead to only this . Sit and heed this before you just respond . Pray about it too .
Science can only lead to a knowledge there is a god . In case you wondered why that word god was not captilized
there is good reason . cause science cant lead folks to what the gospel can .
Many folks already know there is a god , again it wont be captilized . GOOD ReASON .
That god is satan . from muslims to even non beleive jews and even many within christendom
all believe there is a god , ONLY IT AINT THE GOD .
THE GOD leads us to FAITH IN JESUS and JESUS LEADS US TO THE FATHER .
THIS MORON , hater of men and of society , anti christ , son of perdition , as i am called or have been called
IS GONNA KEEP IT SIMPLE . SPEAK as the SPIRIT leads , and if any spirit points to carnal wisdom , IT AINT OF GOD .
POINT TO JESUS . TELL folks HE ALONE saves . Any spirit , and yeah i wont captilize that either
that points to anything else to win souls , points to men , it wont work . Satan is a deciever , and full of the wisdom of this world ........HE IS .
KEEP it simple . POINT TO JESUS . And when i say JESUS i dont mean jesus . POINT TO THE BIBLICAL ONE
cause any other jesus aint JESUS . ITS BAAL , its of men , its the dragon . This child keeps it real simple .
OPEN BIBLE , LEARN THAT JESUS WELL .

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*compliments.
Sister , oh dear sister , i know what i say next wont offend you .
No matter what pope francis says and his daughters of the false hope , light , love and unity say about ya
YOU KNOW I LOVES YA . MARCH ON SISTER , to the last and final breath blows out those lungs .
BIBLE JESUS IS WHO WE GONNA FOLLOW . LOVING EVERY WORD IN IT . OMITTING Not a word .
the world can keep its pipe dreams and delusional hope . they can keep their crown and its king
They can keep they climate change , they corona vaccine hope , they can keep it all .
JUST GIVE ME JESUS and if it costs me all , I WIN IN THE END . BIBLE JESUS IS THE ONLY HOPE .
If loving the truth in the bible and clinging to it makes me seem evil , then so be it .
LET GOD BE HONORED , let every man be a liar , TRUST ONLY IN TRUTH .
That is the hill i choose to die upon with hopes that others will hear it too . NO compromise and no surrender .
Just cling to the LORD . Times will only get far worse with deception and very , very and i do mean very fast .
For the forest is crying unto the peoples , And it says aloud and very clear , HEY my fellows
that SKY WILL SOON RIP . And if it rips and one is left behind , THERE IS NO and i do mean NO second hope or second chance .
FOR a strong delusion cometh and now is and is growing . And all and i do mean ALL , who rejected the true love of the biblical Christ
the one and only the original , GOD WILLL GIVE THEM OVER UNTO IT . OH i know that makes me seem as though
i preach a god of hate . BUT if paul wrote it , if JESUS warned and said what HE said . IF peter and others IN THE BIBLE
and yes i say IN THE BIBLE , said it . This lamb takes it for solid truth . As does sister . prepare to be hated and mocked more than we
have ever known . BUT rejoice when you are , for JESUS SAKE , for great is your reward in HOME , well IN HEAVEN .
BUT THAT IS WHERE OUR HOME IS . cause i can tell you all , MY HOME SURE AS HECK AINT HERE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe this is off topic , but for me , I have no idea how God started things …except we do know that “God said” so He spoke it into ‘being’. We have no idea whether God then clapped His hands and it went BANG! :)

I used to be legally ridged in what I believed , but after so many years , I believe God has some surprises in store for us when He reveals how He did everything from Gen to Rev.

One thing I do know is… That Whatever we think that we know, we know nothing yet …until the great unveiling.

blessings Helen :)
God dont reveal the secrets of heaven or how he created anything via carnal minds . Always remember that .
Since when can the carnal mind recieve anything from GOD .
Thus i take no notes from science , from physcoloy , from men of this world .
You are right about one thing though , we ONLY know in part . WE only know in part .
But our learning cannot come from carnal men . Concering how it all began , i can only trust in what the bible said . not men .
You are loved my dear sister . You truly are . This is no attack to you from me . Just a friendly reminder .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible was inspired of God, and I observe evidence that God accepted the KJV of the Bible. Truth can be found in it, but it does require a lot of research. What convinces me that God accepted it? The translators were dead set on removing His name, but were unable, however after Jehovah's name became known across the globe, He has allowed them to remove it in it's complete form. However I am unaware of any version being able to remove it completely. Are you aware of any version that does not include Jah somewhere?
Not really i am not aware of any verision . But always remember one thing
satan dont come in as an angel of darkness but as of light .
meaning just cause they can say or use the name , dont mean a thing . What means anything is , DO they also KEEP HIS TRUTH .
I used to use His name , i even used the name of JESUS , but i was lost . Scary huh .
Ye shall know them by what ............their fruits . And also any fruit that comes of GOD wont DENY the name of Christ either .
Many folks are in dire trouble my friend . The unbeleiving jews thought they followed the one true GOD . BUT According to JESUS
they followed another father , THE DEVIL . I hope that wakes many folks up . SOBER UP CHURCHES , many of the churches
are being heavily deceived . WHO WE FOLLOW IS WHOSE WE ARE . I say again who we follow, Aka OBEY is truly whose we are .
FOR IF JESUS IS TRULY IN US , IF THE SPIRIT IS TRULY OUR GUIDE , well it leads us unto the truth of GOD , not the lies of men and of this world .

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the bible? No, I don't believe it was fully inspired by God.
What evidence is there that proves that in the first place? The legend itself that says so? Faith?
God is perfect in power and knowledge.
It would be impossible for God to deliver a contradictory record of himself and his creation were he to inspire someone to record his message to us.
While the Bible does hold contradictions. And for me that is evidence it is as is all religion. The invention of man.
Though God is able to reach us in certain passages that I do believe ce to exist due to his leading, the entire bible I do not believe for that to be the case.

We are of and from God. Our soul is linked. I don't believe we are ever removed from God's messages to us. We just have to trust ourselves enough to be still and learn what God has to tell each of us as he sees fit, knowing when we're ready to receive.

I also don't believe God has a gender, but that's tradition so.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will quaote from paul , WHO I KNEW , KNEW GOD .
I wont use the wisdom of this world , aka that means science or anything , to win anyone ,

Paul also said he will be all things to all people to save some.

The world has many gods; sex, money and science. Except since Darwin, science has been led by Cristians for centuries.

Praise God it is returning to its natural alignment with God. See Psalm 19.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it that any of us can ever more than this publican?

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 18:10-14

This man indeed, the one who seeing himself as he is, as I see me when I look away from God, unable even to lift up my head...

Help us dear Lord!

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:10-11

Yes sir, it is all about humility, even as that lowly tax collector, a true disciple of Christ will be humble.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the evidence I am talking about is not prophetic signs but things like The Signature in the Cell and human DNA being 4D of information. A famous atheist recently came out in changing his mind about the existence of God because of this undeniable evidence that points to an Intelligent Designer.

It really is an exciting time to be a Christian scientist.

That is fantastic evidence Wrangler, quite a bit above my head for sure however. But nonetheless evidence through history written in advance, is what does it for me.

Reactions: Nancy

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Fulfilled prophecies
2. The fact that Christianity is a major world religion for good (unlike Islam)
3. Changed lives

Fantastic Enoch. I agree with all those, although you may be judging Islam incorrectly, as it is a peaceful religion, but like "Christianity" not all who claim to be of the faith practice the faith sir. Fulfilled prophecy is what did it for me.

Reactions: Nancy