Question: What convinces you that the Bible is from God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a thought. have you ever considered ‘only a few’ find it was a condemnation In Matthew 7:14? That He was telling them not only do they not enter in to the kingdom of God but they keep others out? That keeping out instead of the receiving of the brethren, being why there are few that find it? For example:

3 John 1:10: For this reason, if I come, I will call attention to his deeds which he does, unjustly accusing us with wicked words; and not satisfied with this, he himself does not receive the brethren, either, and he forbids those who desire to do so and puts them out of the church.

Consider John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2

2 Corinthians 4:3-6 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

• Consider broad (many)is the way that leads to death, and straight is the way (few)that lead to life…with 2 Corinthians 2:14-17 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. [15] For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? [17] For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.
“For we are not as many” “which corrupt the word of God” makes me think of the broad way that leads to death… but above suggests (Imo) 1) God Triumphs in every way (Philippians 1:18-19), 2) God is sufficient for these things. making manifest the savour of his knowledge
3) He commanded a Light shall shine , to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (in every place?)

I may not be understanding you Vicky, but the goal of Christians is not to keep others out, but to direct them to that narrow road. 2 Pet 3:9; Mat 28:20. I think I misunderstand what you meant by keeping others out.
In another thread I point out how even though they will be a lot less than the world population, that an innumerable number of people will be delivered through the upcoming great tribulation.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fantastic Enoch. I agree with all those, although you may be judging Islam incorrectly, as it is a peaceful religion, but like "Christianity" not all who claim to be of the faith practice the faith sir. Fulfilled prophecy is what did it for me.
Buddism is also a peaceful religion . But as you KNOW , it wont save squat , nor will being a follower of islam or any other path .
it is Faith in the glorious Risen savoir JESUS CHRIST ALONE that will save a soul . Some folks might already know this
but how i love to keep repeating it . Pointing to Saving Faith in JESUS ALONE showers JOY into my soul and it is always safe
for all to keep reminding about this very thing .
We got us a power house of a delusion that is stating all religions are serving the same God . What a lie that one is .
But marvel not its moving fast throughout the churches and the world and all religoins as we speak .
SO i will leave us with peters words . SEEING YE KNOW these things already , BEWARE lest any does get taken in with the error
of the wicked and fall from your own steadfastness . That lie is a monster , but it comes cloaked under a massive false love guise
and is sucking the souls out of all who do go under its false belief .

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really i am not aware of any verision . But always remember one thing
satan dont come in as an angel of darkness but as of light .
meaning just cause they can say or use the name , dont mean a thing . What means anything is , DO they also KEEP HIS TRUTH .
I used to use His name , i even used the name of JESUS , but i was lost . Scary huh .
Ye shall know them by what ............their fruits . And also any fruit that comes of GOD wont DENY the name of Christ either .
Many folks are in dire trouble my friend . The unbeleiving jews thought they followed the one true GOD . BUT According to JESUS
they followed another father , THE DEVIL . I hope that wakes many folks up . SOBER UP CHURCHES , many of the churches
are being heavily deceived . WHO WE FOLLOW IS WHOSE WE ARE . I say again who we follow, Aka OBEY is truly whose we are .
FOR IF JESUS IS TRULY IN US , IF THE SPIRIT IS TRULY OUR GUIDE , well it leads us unto the truth of GOD , not the lies of men and of this world .

The term Christian means follower of Christ Amigo. We pattern out lives after his 1 Pet 2:21. He gave us an assignment to teach others all the things he commanded Mat 28:20 and of course one of those things was using and making God's name known to others Jn 17:6,26. We make known that calling on Jehovah's name is a requirement of salvation sir Rom 10:13, being those referred to in verse 14, 15

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose, in the end, it is a personal matter of faith -- of the "heart", so to speak. No amount of logic and secular reason can persuade a true believer otherwise, nor can they properly explain the reasons for believing in something so far beyond this world.

Is not faith the "assured" expectation of things hoped for sir? Blind faith is simply that Lou, one must have faith based on evidence, thereby not only will we be convinced but also be able to give a scriptural reason for the hope we have in us 1 Pet 3:15

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We got us a power house of a delusion that is stating all religions are serving the same God . What a lie that one is .
But marvel not its moving fast throughout the churches and the world and all religoins as we speak...
Aye, and it not only those who do not even claim the name of Jesus who walk in error. So many, [or so it seems to me] take hold of his name and/or call themselves Christian and show little or nothing in themselves and lifestyle that resembles the Jesus we should all be seeing in the scriptures.

While I personally have seen better times in this nation for me, I have never seen the Christian nation some want to declare. The goal for everyone be, and should have been, the Kingdom and Righteousness of God manifested in ourselves. We can talk a good talk and present arguments even using scripture and still be living like beasts... even unclean beasts.

Was Jesus ever unclean? Going to the other extreme, how often have I not been unclean? Without Him we can do nothing good!

Give God the glory! He is good! Who else is good?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your evidence?
The testimony of the Holy Spirit...

6 ...it is the Spirit who testifies to this, because the Spirit is the truth.
9 ...this is the testimony that God has given about His Son.
10 ...whoever believes in the Son of God has this testimony within him...
1 John 5:6-10

And because the word is tested and true in my life...

"17If anyone desires to do His will, he will know whether My teaching is from God..." John 7:17

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two things that convince me that the Bible is the word of God, written by humans.

First is that Jesus was a historical person (so basically his existence is accepted even by most atheists)
And Second is that science or humanity can’t tell me the answers to existential questions but Jesus can.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aye, and it not only those who do not even claim the name of Jesus who walk in error. So many, [or so it seems to me] take hold of his name and/or call themselves Christian and show little or nothing in themselves and lifestyle that resembles the Jesus we should all be seeing in the scriptures.

While I personally have seen better times in this nation for me, I have never seen the Christian nation some want to declare. The goal for everyone be, and should have been, the Kingdom and Righteousness of God manifested in ourselves. We can talk a good talk and present arguments even using scripture and still be living like beasts... even unclean beasts.

Was Jesus ever unclean? Going to the other extreme, how often have I not been unclean? Without Him we can do nothing good!

Give God the glory! He is good! Who else is good?
yes my friend this idea of todays movements are bad news . They keep trying to tie the kingdom of heaven into the kingdoms of this world .
ITS NOT GONNA , nor does it bode well for any who does such a thing . They are enamored with the here and now .
NOT the with goal , the prize that comes at the END , THE END OF OUR FAITH .
Paul never told folks to create a christain nation . HE simply said endure faithful unto the end . ALL of them
knew this world and govts were corrupt . THE idea of a church and state is bad news . OH i know that is gonna highly tick some folks off .
AND believe you me , I AINT LIBERAL . THEY LIE TO about this church and state . THEY try and make it seem like
if one is preaching truth they are trying to do what the original idea of church and state , THAT HARLOT ROME TAUGHT .
But for sure and for certain we are to sound out truth , we just dont mix truth and politics and try and establish a one world kingdom .
WHICH the liberals do and i must say the conservatives are doing as well .
ITS where they gonna meet . An idea that somehow we must rule and reign over the nations now .
What a joke that one is . WE suffer now , we are hated by nations now , JESUS WILL SET UP THE ONE TRUE KINGDOM
BUT ONLY at HIS COMING . WE are just to focus on the gospel and winning souls to the true kingdom .
NOT trying to establish domain over the world . THEY got it all backwards . The seven moutains is from the devil .
Rick warrens purpose driven life is from the devil . SO are many things .
WE must return to the simplicity of the gosple of JESUS . TEACH CHRIST , and teach HIS SAYINGS . ITS really that simple .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"17If anyone desires to do His will, he will know whether My teaching is from God..." John 7:17
They might hate this answer . BUT YOU SPOT ON RIGHT my friend .
GOD revealed our need of Christ and that entails the sound doctrine in that bible .
ONLY GOD can reveal . We can never PROVE GOD , WE can only speak truth .
I cant prove the bible is the word of GOD to any man . No one can .
Either we recieve what GOD reveals , or we reject it . ITS ALL on them .
The bible was one hundred percent inspired by GOD . I am FULLY persauded .
But remember this , Not even thomas s closest friends could convince HIM that JESUS had rose from the dead .
WE cannot prove a thing my friend . WE must simply speak the TRUTH IN THAT BIBLE
and if they reject it , they burn in hells fire forever . ITS NOT ON US to prove anything . ITS ONLY ON US TO SPEAK TRUTH .
NEVER LET THEM convince you we have to prove squat . JUST SPEAK TRUTH . JUST SPEAK IT . THE REST IS ON THEM

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term Christian means follower of Christ Amigo. We pattern out lives after his 1 Pet 2:21. He gave us an assignment to teach others all the things he commanded Mat 28:20 and of course one of those things was using and making God's name known to others Jn 17:6,26. We make known that calling on Jehovah's name is a requirement of salvation sir Rom 10:13, being those referred to in verse 14, 15
Spot on right my friend . JESUS didnt just say to preach HIM and baptize in the name of the Father , son and holy ghost ,
HE also said TO TEACH THEM TO OBSERVE , aka TO DO , not some things , BUT ALL THINGS I HAVE TUAGHT YOU .
MANY FOLKS FORGET THAT LAST PART . EVERY TIME i say be a hearer and a DOER i get called LEGALISTIC . EVERY TIME .
THEY are under a nasty delusion my friend . ONE in which the devil has captivated their hearts and preached another jesus
unto them . THEY SERVE HIM , as IN SATAN , NOT JESUS .
JESUS made it very clear WHO ARE HIS . HEARERS AND DOERS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Buddism is also a peaceful religion . But as you KNOW , it wont save squat , nor will being a follower of islam or any other path .
it is Faith in the glorious Risen savoir JESUS CHRIST ALONE that will save a soul . Some folks might already know this
but how i love to keep repeating it . Pointing to Saving Faith in JESUS ALONE showers JOY into my soul and it is always safe
for all to keep reminding about this very thing .
But marvel not its moving fast throughout the churches and the world and all religoins as we speak .
SO i will leave us with peters words . SEEING YE KNOW these things already , BEWARE lest any does get taken in with the error
of the wicked and fall from your own steadfastness . That lie is a monster , but it comes cloaked under a massive false love guise
and is sucking the souls out of all who do go under its false belief .
Sorry to click on my own post . but i was so happy to see helen agree . WE GOTTA FLEE this nonsense they teach today and return
to the biblical Christ .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have heard the word manifested. John 10:27 happened to me before I ever read the Bible. I met our Lord and I wanted more of him! The only place that I knew of to come after the Lord is the Bible. It is absolutely awesome that we have the word from our creator in an earth manual! No matter how many times you read it, there is always more to find in it. It gives me comfort. If I lost every possession I had besides a bible I would still be in good. I am trying to hide as much of it in my heart as I can incase someday we lose our bibles.
@Mantis The believer who by the indwelling Spirit cries Abba, Father (Romans 8.15) indeed desires to feed on the Word of God, the central theme of which is the Person and work of Christ...

Reactions: Mantis

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your evidence?
There are some things I take on faith, one of them being that the Bible is an accurate account of the events it witnesses to. The evidence I have is that putting into practice the teachings of God and Jesus has brought me much peace.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen to that Ferris!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spot on right my friend . JESUS didnt just say to preach HIM and baptize in the name of the Father , son and holy ghost ,
HE also said TO TEACH THEM TO OBSERVE , aka TO DO , not some things , BUT ALL THINGS I HAVE TUAGHT YOU .
MANY FOLKS FORGET THAT LAST PART . EVERY TIME i say be a hearer and a DOER i get called LEGALISTIC . EVERY TIME .
THEY are under a nasty delusion my friend . ONE in which the devil has captivated their hearts and preached another jesus
unto them . THEY SERVE HIM , as IN SATAN , NOT JESUS .
JESUS made it very clear WHO ARE HIS . HEARERS AND DOERS .

Yes sir, one must be doers of the word. It is obedience that saves.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Second is that science or humanity can’t tell me the answers to existential questions but Jesus can.
I agree.
I've come to the conclusion that from a purely analytical point of view the Biblical narrative is the only one that makes sense.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, one must be doers of the word. It is obedience that saves.
I know what you mean by this, but I'm afraid some aren't going to understand and will think you're saying obedience earns salvation. (Uh oh! Do I hear the can opener peeling open another can of worms?)