Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BG, not answering for her, "Why do you feel so justified in challenging everyone". people who usually is challenging everyone is one who don't know and is seeking.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I'd hardly call it anonymous my name is attached.
But you were topight to know that I mainly had you in mind.

Why do you feel so justified in challenging everyone.
You never trust that any of your brothers or sisters actually believe that they can hear from God , however much that you think they are wrong.
You may not intend to but you come across as putting down whoever you are speaking to.
This is actually a free Forum, people are free to write what they believe as also are you.
Relaxing as we all discuss is not a crime.
You often talk as if you are policing the site so you can quickly squash any idea or view that you personally don't hold.
News flash , we are allowed to post our hearts and our beliefs on this site.
We won't be muzzled just because you have a fear about who is reading this Site. That actually,
is the job of the the Admins and the Moderators do...not the members.
Let's keep the Site a friendly place, even if some of us disagree.
I don't PERSONALLY HOLD any view.
As I've said, I back up my views with scripture.
If you answer a post of mine with your opinion, I will post back if I can show that it's wrong.

You accept anything and everything or you accept the truth?
A man who believes anything
believes nothing.

If you call this being unfriendly, well so be it.
I'll tell you this, I don't SCOLD anyone like you do.

And we're derailing this thread right now.
Did you not notice??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
BG, not answering for her, "Why do you feel so justified in challenging everyone". people who usually is challenging everyone is one who don't know and is seeking.
This is too funny.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
you don't like Revelation? are you saying, you don't like GOD?.

because Revelation "reveals" who God is. my...my...my. sorry to hear that.
I thought you spoke to God?
Now you tell me I could only find Him in revelation?

Not in any of the other books?
And there you go again...
LOVING your fellow Christian sister.
Amazing how much you can love me.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
look GG, vain babbling is worthless. if you just want to talk, that's why we have facebook and twitter. if you want to engage this topic good. else ......... see ya.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
look GG, vain babbling is worthless. if you just want to talk, that's why we have facebook and twitter. if you want to engage this topic good. else ......... see ya.
I don't do facebook and twitter.
A bit too worldly for a worker like me.

Who's babbling?
From the Tower of Babel.

I said Revelation is a book written by an old man trying to explain visions he saw and that it's like explaining heaven and you replied that I don't want to learn about God.

WHO is babbling??

Bon Nuit.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh. I tried to discuss the covenants with ByGrace and she didn't seem interested. I don't know why, it's such an eye-opening topic.

You see. I don't do much babbling.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I can't tell you, just read and you'll find him... (smile).

again, READ THEM ALL AND FIND OUT

the Lord said, Love ye one another, but he didn't say how? with some, "hard Love"..... (smile)

Peace in Christ
Yes 101.
I'll try really hard to read all the books in the bible.
Gee. Maybe I could get this done eventually.
Maybe the last 40 years haven't been enough to get through them all...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look GG, what is it you don't know or want to know about the two witness?

second, who do you believe, not think, but believe who they are. your ball, go ahead.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Look GG, what is it you don't know or want to know about the two witness?

second, who do you believe, not think, but believe who they are. your ball, go ahead.
I do believe I've stated that I don't like the book of revelation and have not studied it to any great extent.
I'm very honest about what I know about and what I don't know about.
I don't make believe.

Did I already say good night?
I think so.

I don't care to know anything about who the two witnesses were.
Could you tell me why it's important to know?
And if it IS important, I don't go with opinions, I'd find out FOR SURE who they were, and if theologians could not agree, I'd let it go.

Crazy method, isn't it?

Good night.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Often I come upon scripture that greatly puzzles me; scripture I would like to get feedback from others on. I could post new threads every day. Instead of flooding the board with questions that may be easily resolved, I am creating one thread to discuss open questions.

If anyone else has scripture they want to present before the brethern for feedback yet they don't want to begin a new thread, this is the place. This thread is open to any topic; open to any scripture that causes questions.

I have a question that pertains to:

Revelation 11:8 KJV
[8] And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Why is: the great city referred to spiritually as Sodom and Egypt, then also referred to as the place our Lord was crucified? Does anyone have wisdom concerning this verse?
The connection is "the abomination that makes desolation." Each of the two cities inhabitants were corrupt unto death, and one with two daughters who escape.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you tell me why it's important to know?
And if it IS important, I don't go with opinions, I'd find out FOR SURE who they were, and if theologians could not agree, I'd let it go.
1. I told you already, it reveals who God is.
2. I told you that also.

good day.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The connection is "the abomination that makes desolation." Each of the two cities inhabitants were corrupt unto death, and one with two daughters who escape.
I agree the sins was corrupt, but when was Egypt a city?.......

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another question:

Revelation 10:7 KJV
[7] But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 11:15 KJV
[15] And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Any wisdom?
This is the advent of Christ overcoming the world and then sending the Holy Spirit unto all truth.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree the sins was corrupt, but when was Egypt a city?.......
Oh, sorry, it is the world that is spiritual Egypt. Meaning, the passage refers not only to Jerusalem, but to the ends of the earth.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question.

Why do some people not have any ability at all to have a conversation without having to 'challenge' everyone else about everything any person writes!! :rolleyes:

I can only speak for myself...

I lack conversation skills. Sometimes challenging someone is the only time I feel I have enough to say to jump in. Plus, we all get passionate about Christ. That is why we are here, right? to discuss Him. It can't be because we think we are going to change someone's view. We want to talk about Him, and if we are being honest, most don't want to hear it.

I am convinced, it we would stop arguing...we could learn something valuable from each other.

It is late here. More tomorrow...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can only speak for myself...

I lack conversation skills. Sometimes challenging someone is the only time I feel I have enough to say to jump in. Plus, we all get passionate about Christ. That is why we are here, right? to discuss Him. It can't be because we think we are going to change someone's view. We want to talk about Him, and if we are being honest, most don't want to hear it.

I am convinced, it we would stop arguing...we could learn something valuable from each other.

It is late here. More tomorrow...

Excellent post.
I just this moment responded to someone in a different thread who is disagreeing with me.
That was done so very politely and without any ' you are wrong and I am right' attitude.
Like you...I am too tired now tonight..but I made a note of his post, ( or I will forget and not be able to find it Ha! ) I desire to continue my conversation with him...because of his very pleasant 'disagreeing post.'
God bless..sleep well. :)

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question. What does the word Scripture refer to in the book of Galatians?

In Galatians 3 He says:
8. *And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”*

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sad thing is, in teh end of it all, with all the study and learning, when they stand before Christ, they will realize they really dont know Him, and when He opens there eyes to His wisdom, they will realize they dont know anything. If men are unwilling to declare to God they know nothing than He can not teach them. A vessel filled with one thing need to be emptied before it can be filled with another, again there was a reason why Jesus chose teh empty vessels prepared for God to put fill with water to turn into wine.