Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 8:22-23 KJV: not sure on those, Him that is a Jew...is Jesus. see your Matthew chapters 9 & 14 KJV

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@VictoryinJesus

Ten = The Law and Testing.

Ten is the number shown ....as in the Ten Commandments , the law of tithe, the Ten talents, and 10 Virgins etc

7 is the number of perfection.... = 7 days of creation , etc etc
I remember reading a small book once on all the numbers in the Bible, it was stunning..It is completely impossible to try to comprehend a mind, which had to figure out every single solitary detail of all of creation, from the first moment of the first LIGHT to all we know and see now...All the physic's, math, chemistry etc. EVERY single detail BEFORE He began speaking it into existence.....Mind blowing, isn't it lol

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101, You said: Ezekiel 26:19-20 KJV: that's a water depth, deep/abyss. see Genesis 1:2.

I get there is a difference but Jonah being swallowed and taken into the deep/abyss referring to water is the comparison the LORD gave us. Similar to when he compared natural birth to birth from above(Spirit) so we could understand. There is a comparison of abyss for the heart of the earth.
Romans 10:7 KJV
[7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Matthew 12:40-41 KJV
[40] For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. [41] The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Pharaoh was compared to a whale. Due to Jonahs disobedience, God prepared a fish that swallowed him whole and took him into the deep/abyss for three days.
Yes, the fish belly is important but it is just as important where the fish took Jonah in to "the heart of the earth" and the time he was there.

Ezekiel 32:2-11 KJV
[2] Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him, Thou art like a young lion of the nations, and thou art as a whale in the seas: and thou camest forth with thy rivers, and troubledst the waters with thy feet, and fouledst their rivers. [3] Thus saith the Lord God ; I will therefore spread out my net over thee with a company of many people; and they shall bring thee up in my net. [4] Then will I leave thee upon the land, I will cast thee forth upon the open field, and will cause all the fowls of the heaven to remain upon thee, and I will fill the beasts of the whole earth with thee. [5] And I will lay thy flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with thy height. [6] I will also water with thy blood the land wherein thou swimmest, even to the mountains; and the rivers shall be full of thee. [7] And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. [8] All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord God . [9] I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known. [10] Yea, I will make many people amazed at thee, and their kings shall be horribly afraid for thee, when I shall brandish my sword before them; and they shall tremble at every moment, every man for his own life, in the day of thy fall. [11] For thus saith the Lord God ; The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon thee.

take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, ??? Why lament for Pharaoh? Ezekiel 32 is interesting.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 8:22-23 KJV: not sure on those, Him that is a Jew...is Jesus. see your Matthew chapters 9 & 14 KJV

The point is I have always understood or heard this as future tense, prophetic for end times; when ten men will take hold of a Jew saying "God is with you".

It became clear the other day; this is not future tense for us, it is past. all languages and nations that believe in Jesus Christ as King took(takes) hold of the hem of HIS garment(skirt) saying "I will go with you".

Zechariah 8:22-23 KJV
[22] Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the Lord . [23] Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass , that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101, You said: Ezekiel 26:19-20 KJV: that's a water depth, deep/abyss. see Genesis 1:2.

I get there is a difference but Jonah being swallowed and taken into the deep/abyss referring to water is the comparison the LORD gave us. Similar to when he compared natural birth to birth from above(Spirit) so we could understand. There is a comparison of abyss for the heart of the earth.
Romans 10:7 KJV
[7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Matthew 12:40-41 KJV
[40] For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. [41] The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Pharaoh was compared to a whale. Due to Jonahs disobedience, God prepared a fish that swallowed him whole and took him into the deep/abyss for three days.
Yes, the fish belly is important but it is just as important where the fish took Jonah in to "the heart of the earth" and the time he was there.

Ezekiel 32:2-11 KJV
[2] Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him, Thou art like a young lion of the nations, and thou art as a whale in the seas: and thou camest forth with thy rivers, and troubledst the waters with thy feet, and fouledst their rivers. [3] Thus saith the Lord God ; I will therefore spread out my net over thee with a company of many people; and they shall bring thee up in my net. [4] Then will I leave thee upon the land, I will cast thee forth upon the open field, and will cause all the fowls of the heaven to remain upon thee, and I will fill the beasts of the whole earth with thee. [5] And I will lay thy flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with thy height. [6] I will also water with thy blood the land wherein thou swimmest, even to the mountains; and the rivers shall be full of thee. [7] And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. [8] All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord God . [9] I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known. [10] Yea, I will make many people amazed at thee, and their kings shall be horribly afraid for thee, when I shall brandish my sword before them; and they shall tremble at every moment, every man for his own life, in the day of thy fall. [11] For thus saith the Lord God ; The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon thee.

take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, ??? Why lament for Pharaoh? Ezekiel 32 is interesting.
there are a "WATER" depth, and there is a "Land" depth, ok you got it, now scripture, 1 Peter 3:19 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison". only one place.

#2. taking up a lamentation is not necessary directed at the person or place given

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i agree there, i am just not grasping the intent of "quail from the sea" that you are seeing yet. The fact that many of the Wanderers died from this meat seems to be making a different point, although i might be misunderstanding that

I said the other day to forget the quail. This morning the Spirit lead me right back to the quail? That may sound crazy but what is there to be seen? What am I not seeing?

Numbers 11:24-29 KJV
[24] And Moses went out, and told the people the words of the Lord , and gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people, and set them round about the tabernacle. [25] And the Lord came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that , when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease. [26] But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle: and they prophesied in the camp. [27] And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp. [28] And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men, answered and said, My lord Moses, forbid them. [29] And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!

A fulfillment in the NT.

Mark 9:38-40 KJV
[38] And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. [39] But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. [40] For he that is not against us is on our part.

Luke 9:49-50 KJV
[49] And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. [50] And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Then comes the quail...a wilderness complaint that they were sick of manna and wanted flesh to eat...God answered and gave them what they wanted until they were sick of it. Either way God provided the provision; Moses distributed. Flesh or Manna.

I am sorry. Maybe you or someone else can share some insight on Numbers 11. I could ask Him but I am beginning to understand that it is a joint collaboration within the body: what He has revealed to you, may be what I need to hear. And I don't hear because I attempt to have no need of anyone; instead of being a part of a whole body. All jointing fitted together underneath and in submission to the head which is Christ.

I don't have the answers alone. I am lost without others help :(

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.
Kingdom of God and Eternal life
In Matthew 19:16 Yeshua was asked what must be done to inherit Eternal Life
Yeshua answered: “If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.” (Matthew 19:17 )

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

“You shall have no other gods before me.
“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
“You shall not murder.
“You shall not commit adultery.
“You shall not steal.
“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”
Mr Mathews is from India... :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I will read Ezekiel 14, and the last day in Revelation. I ask a crazy question: Did Jesus Christ become meat for the fowls and beast? By eatting His flesh and drinking His blood; that which is unclean...is made clean. Fowls and beast. Us. The believer.

The anti-Christ; the number of the beast.
Jesus became meat for US.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus became meat for US.

Yes. For US.

What was being demonstrated to Peter? What was The LORD teaching him?

Acts 10:9-16 KJV
[9] On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: [10] And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, [11] And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: [12] Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. [13] And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. [14] But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. [15] And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. [16] This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes. For US.

[9] On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: [10] And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, [11] And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: [12] Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. [13] And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. [14] But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. [15] And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. [16] This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Peter was still preaching mixture..he was called to be a preacher of the NT yet he was not totally free yet in understanding ( who of us were when we had just got going!)
He and Paul had a fight, remember? ( Gal 2:11-14 )
Paul rebuked him for continuing to required the gentiles to be circumcise and keep Jewish laws etc
Peter did not want to include the Gentiles that he deemed as unclean.
Paul was called to the Gentiles. So hence the vision God showed Peter of the clean and unclean animals...Peter called the gentiles unclean and didn't want to include them as Christians..( but not sure when they were first called Christians)..so God showed him in a vision the He God was calling the Gentile clean and Peter should to.
Praise God, Peter got the message.. loud and clear. :)

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I said the other day to forget the quail. This morning the Spirit lead me right back to the quail?
<snip>
Then comes the quail...a wilderness complaint that they were sick of manna and wanted flesh to eat...God answered and gave them what they wanted until they were sick of it. Either way God provided the provision; Moses distributed. Flesh or Manna.

I am sorry. Maybe you or someone else can share some insight on Numbers 11. I could ask Him but I am beginning to understand that it is a joint collaboration within the body: what He has revealed to you, may be what I need to hear. And I don't hear because I attempt to have no need of anyone; instead of being a part of a whole body. All jointing fitted together underneath and in submission to the head which is Christ.

I don't have the answers alone. I am lost without others help :(

While I doubt that I have anything to offer, I shall offer this:

The "people" were not satisfied with the provision of "God", they desired "more", they craved (lusted) after more, after what they previously had. The person who gathered "least", still gathered FAR more than was needed or necessary, which demonstrates "coveting". The gathering to oneself of more than one needs.

For whatever it may or may not be worth...

Edit: They had witnessed the power of "God", yet they looked back, they were not satisfied with the "present" (double entendre), they did not keep their eyes toward "God", or look forward toward the goal.

Deu 1:30 YHVH your God who goeth before you, he will fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes, 31 and in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that YHVH thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came unto this place. 32 Yet in this thing ye did not believe YHVH your God, 33 who went before you in the way, to seek you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to show you by what way ye should go, and in the cloud by day. 34 And YHVH heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying, 35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see the good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers...

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes. For US.

verse 22
Peter understood that Jews and Gentiles could be welcomed into the house of God. ALL men could be saved and must hear the message.

This also reminds me of eating of sacrificed meat. It's not a sin for us to eat sacrificed meat because it's meaningless to us. It only has meaning if we want it to. Jesus abolished ceremonial law. We could now eat any animal we wanted, they are all clean.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

The "people" were not satisfied with the provision of "God", they desired "more", they craved (lusted) after more, after what they previously had. The person who gathered "least", still gathered FAR more than was needed or necessary, which demonstrates "coveting". The gathering to oneself of more than one needs.

Edit: They had witnessed the power of "God", yet they looked back, they were not satisfied with the "present" (double entendre), they did not keep their eyes toward "God", or look forward toward the goal.

Deu 1:30 YHVH your God who goeth before you, he will fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes, 31 and in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that YHVH thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came unto this place. 32 Yet in this thing ye did not believe YHVH your God, 33 who went before you in the way, to seek you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to show you by what way ye should go, and in the cloud by day. 34 And YHVH heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying, 35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see the good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers...
Love your "Edit".
Did you ever notice my signature line?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You offer more than you know. You offer a confirmation: "Edit: They had witnessed the power of "God", yet they looked back, they were not satisfied with the "present" (double entendre), they did not keep their eyes toward "God", or look forward toward the goal." No better choose of words could be given here. You just explained exactly why God kept taking me back to the quail. Sometimes my focus shifts to the physical and I get depressed and I complain, instead of praising God for His supernatural provision.

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
verse 22
Peter understood that Jews and Gentiles could be welcomed into the house of God. ALL men could be saved and must hear the message.

This also reminds me of eating of sacrificed meat. It's not a sin for us to eat sacrificed meat because it's meaningless to us. It only has meaning if we want it to. Jesus abolished ceremonial law. We could now eat any animal we wanted, they are all clean.

Jesus didn't abolish the ceremonial law...He fulfilled it. All the blood sacrifices, all the cut flesh pieces upon the altar for a temporary offering for sin, all the slain animals, the goat sent out to wander in the wilderness carrying the sin of those that laid their hands upon him, all the odd laws found in the OT...they all had purpose to God. They weren't random. Teachings on clean flesh and unclean flesh. Teachings on unclean beast and unclean birds (fowls) and that which is clean to eat: it all has purpose. One) it reveals our state without Christ. As no different than beast. Two) the OT pointed to Christ and Christ alone. It all speaks of Christ. He fulfilled every law.

So, yes, GG..."We could now eat any animal we wanted, they are all clean." But there is more there, take it higher. We (those that are under the purifying blood and flesh of Jesus Christ; partakers of His flesh and His Blood...are now also beast and fowl made clean. Suitable for consumption. Understand that the LORD used the example of unclean beast and fowls as a picture of the gentiles(spiritually).

Gentiles which are unclean in God's sight, until Jesus Christ provided the way to be clean. The LORD was teaching Peter that what the LORD has washed clean...is CLEAN indeed. Meaning you and me. Psalm 124: 6- 8 "Blessed be the Lord, who hath not given us a prey to their teeth. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth."

John 6:55-56 KJV
[55] For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

John 4:32-34 KJV
[32] But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. [33] Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? [34] Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
-verse 33 : I picture them looking around in confusion asking "has anyone brought him meat. What is our Lord talking about, He has meat to eat that we know not of?"

John 6:26-27 KJV
[26] Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. [27] Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

You are clean, GG. Washed. All things are lawful for you. But not everyone understands, and their conscience condemns them, still believing it is based off of what THEY DO.

Romans 14:20 KJV
[20] For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

1 Corinthians 8:6-9 KJV
[6] But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. [7] Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled. [8] But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. [9] But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

Remember Paul says his conscience is clean. Is yours clean?

One last thing I would like to share with you speaking of cover: The head is Christ. The body is his church. Man and wife (bride) become one flesh. In that sense we are all(those that belong to Christ) His bride. His bride, the woman clean(a virgin). That does not mean the gender of the church is female in heaven, it means her role here on earth is as the woman; a Helpmeet to Christ, the Head. The church is that unclean woman with a blood issue kept apart for seven days(on the eighth day a sacrifice made for her); the woman Jesus Christ gave His life for: ransomed and redeemed. The churches cover and glory (hair) is CHRIST. He is the head and our cover!

Acts 27:34-35 KJV
[34] Wherefore I pray you to take some meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you. [35] And when he had thus spoken, he took bread, and gave thanks to God in presence of them all: and when he had broken it , he began to eat.

Luke 12:7 KJV
[7] But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luke 21:17-18 KJV
[17] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. [18] But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

It is a promise!

1 Corinthians 11:15 KJV
[15] But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Now look at Samson (an oddity) what happened when his cover (his hair)was taken away? Where was Samson's power and glory found? This happened to Jesus on the cross when He cried "why have You forsaken Me." JESUS (God in the flesh) bore that separation from the LORD (willingly) so we would no longer be separated. HE broke through the vail of separation(flesh) and brings us in. Someone could shave your head bald physically, but it would not change in any way what is already true: spiritually, Jesus Christ is our cover.

It has been taken care of GG. The debt has already been paid in full by the husband, Jesus Christ. Your cover cannot perish. It is a promise. He is our cover. Matthew 16:18 "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus didn't abolish the ceremonial law...He fulfilled it. All the blood sacrifices, all the cut flesh pieces upon the altar for a temporary offering for sin, all the slain animals, the goat sent out to wander in the wilderness carrying the sin of those that laid their hands upon him, all the odd laws found in the OT...they all had purpose to God. They weren't random. Teachings on clean flesh and unclean flesh. Teachings on unclean beast and unclean birds (fowls) and that which is clean to eat: it all has purpose. One) it reveals our state without Christ. As no different than beast. Two) the OT pointed to Christ and Christ alone. It all speaks of Christ. He fulfilled every law.

So, yes, GG..."We could now eat any animal we wanted, they are all clean." But there is more there, take it higher. We (those that are under the purifying blood and flesh of Jesus Christ; partakers of His flesh and His Blood...are now also beast and fowl made clean. Suitable for consumption. Understand that the LORD used the example of unclean beast and fowls as a picture of the gentiles(spiritually).

Gentiles which are unclean in God's sight, until Jesus Christ provided the way to be clean. The LORD was teaching Peter that what the LORD has washed clean...is CLEAN indeed. Meaning you and me. Psalm 124: 6- 8 "Blessed be the Lord, who hath not given us a prey to their teeth. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth."

John 6:55-56 KJV
[55] For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

John 4:32-34 KJV
[32] But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. [33] Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? [34] Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
-verse 33 : I picture them looking around in confusion asking "has anyone brought him meat. What is our Lord talking about, He has meat to eat that we know not of?"

John 6:26-27 KJV
[26] Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. [27] Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

You are clean, GG. Washed. All things are lawful for you. But not everyone understands, and their conscience condemns them, still believing it is based off of what THEY DO.

Romans 14:20 KJV
[20] For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

1 Corinthians 8:6-9 KJV
[6] But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. [7] Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled. [8] But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. [9] But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

Remember Paul says his conscience is clean. Is yours clean?

One last thing I would like to share with you speaking of cover: The head is Christ. The body is his church. Man and wife (bride) become one flesh. In that sense we are all(those that belong to Christ) His bride. His bride, the woman clean(a virgin). That does not mean the gender of the church is female in heaven, it means her role here on earth is as the woman; a Helpmeet to Christ, the Head. The church is that unclean woman with a blood issue kept apart for seven days(on the eighth day a sacrifice made for her); the woman Jesus Christ gave His life for: ransomed and redeemed. The churches cover and glory (hair) is CHRIST. He is the head and our cover!

Acts 27:34-35 KJV
[34] Wherefore I pray you to take some meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you. [35] And when he had thus spoken, he took bread, and gave thanks to God in presence of them all: and when he had broken it , he began to eat.

Luke 12:7 KJV
[7] But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luke 21:17-18 KJV
[17] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. [18] But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

It is a promise!

1 Corinthians 11:15 KJV
[15] But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Now look at Samson (an oddity) what happened when his cover (his hair)was taken away? Where was Samson's power and glory found? This happened to Jesus on the cross when He cried "why have You forsaken Me." JESUS (God in the flesh) bore that separation from the LORD (willingly) so we would no longer be separated. HE broke through the vail of separation(flesh) and brings us in. Someone could shave your head bald physically, but it would not change in any way what is already true: spiritually, Jesus Christ is our cover.

It has been taken care of GG. The debt has already been paid in full by the husband, Jesus Christ. Your cover cannot perish. It is a promise. He is our cover. Matthew 16:18 "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
What does "Jesus fulfilled the Ceremonial Law" mean?
Did He fulfill the Civil Law?
The Moral Law?

And what do you mean by this:

What does "all things are lawful for me" mean?
That I can do whatever I want to do?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Moral Law?

All of it. Jesus Christ is the word made flesh, it all speaks of Him.

It means you are clean. Your cover doesn't slip this way and that way due to the law. Your cover is Christ. The works are not works produced by the flesh. The works are the works produced by the Spirit of God. They are Holy works; It is not our work. Focusing on our work and what we are doing and is it enough...is focus on self and on earthly matters.

For instance(a true story). A man takes on the role of pastor over a congregation. It makes him feel good, the responsibility of under-shepherding all those people. He is looked upon with such admiration by others. He is available to the public, every eye sees and praises his good works. His position made the sad injured boy in him feel important and needed. He gave and served out in public even when he didn't want to, afraid of how he would appear. Yet when he passes away his wife of thirty-years and children have a different testimony to tell. They know nothing of Gods word and plead to be taught. They are broken and hungry; dry bones. His wife admits to not being apart of her husbands congregation, since her expected role was the preparation of the meal for after church. Her life was serving...she has no idea who Jesus Christ is. But she soon realizes her sin and accepts Jesus as the only way. When both stand before God and are judged for works...which is counted righteous? What WORK are they judged by?

What is the work of the Spirit? It is the work produced by the Spirit. Not the work produced by the flesh. If the Spirit is in you, their is no more law. HE is the author and finisher of our faith.

Store up treasure in Heaven....
Has nothing to do with what the flesh produces. It is Spirit! HIs glory! HIs way! HE accomplishes it, so NO man can glory in the flesh.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Moral Law?

One last thing...I read in another thread where you spoke of moral laws. Yes, of course we are expected to display Him in all truth and our walk. But what is brought up to you as sin, may not be what the spirit reveals to another.

Your example was not stealing a necklace. Would you have known it was wrong without the Spirit to reveal stealing as wrong. Do you struggle with stealing or wanting what is not yours? Then yes, your restraint to not take the necklace (or whatever the item was) was work produced by the Spirit. It wasn't your goodness.

Another's may be divorce. They want to end the marriage but the work produced by the Spirit is restoration of what was once dead.

Another's may be homosexual tendencies. They can't know it is wrong without the Spirit. They can't overcome the flesh without the work of the Spirit. Faith without works is dead. Where the Spirit is there is freedom.

You can't define works by the law. You do this and you do this and then you are saved. The spirit defines the work.
He fulfills the impossible which is evidence of the presence of the Spirit.

Encourage works of the Spirit.
Not repetitious works of giving money(something temporal) to the poor for a show. Unless the Spirit reveals that persons love is money...

Don't encourage more do-good actions of the flesh. You don't want to be judged by those works. They won't get you into the Kingdom.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
One last thing...I read in another thread where you spoke of moral laws. Yes, of course we are expected to display Him in all truth and our walk. But what is brought up to you as sin, may not be what the spirit reveals to another.

Your example was not stealing a necklace. Would you have known it was wrong without the Spirit to reveal stealing as wrong. Do you struggle with stealing or wanting what is not yours? Then yes, your restraint to not take the necklace (or whatever the item was) was work produced by the Spirit. It wasn't your goodness.

Another's may be divorce. They want to end the marriage but the work produced by the Spirit is restoration of what was once dead.

Another's may be homosexual tendencies. They can't know it is wrong without the Spirit. They can't overcome the flesh without the work of the Spirit. Faith without works is dead. Where the Spirit is there is freedom.

You can't define works by the law. You do this and you do this and then you are saved. The spirit defines the work.
He fulfills the impossible which is evidence of the presence of the Spirit.

Encourage works of the Spirit.
Not repetitious works of giving money(something temporal) to the poor for a show. Unless the Spirit reveals that persons love is money...
So if I DID take the necklace, it would have been the Holy Spirit taking it?
And why are you getting into whether or not it's a struggle for me?
I used it as an example everyone could understand.

I agree with you that the Holy Spirit HELPS us. He's our HELPER, not our puppet master.

You said faith without works is dead.
What does THAT mean?

I really fail to understand where you're going with all of the above.
Sorry.

You're saying that what is sin to one may not be sin to another.
Right.
But some things are sin to EVERYONE.
You'll have to go back and do that lesson all over again -- something was misunderstood.