Quotes anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Y'all have any good quotes? I have a few from different folks.

"The devil can counterfeit all the saving operations and graces of the Spirit of God"~Author Unknown

"Mystery is but another name for our ignorance; if we were omniscient, all would be perfectly plain"~Author Unknown

"The criterion of beauty is , that it increases on examination; if false, it lessens. There is therefore something in true beauty that corresponds with right reason, and not mere creation of fancy"~Leaves of Gold

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
On a lighter note:
I like to invent one-liner puns to see if people are paying attention, or to check for a similar sense of humor. For example:
"He's not the sharpest bulb in the drawer"....." One man's junk is another man's garbage"
"If there's anything I can't stand, its intolerance" ..." If everyone was right, there'd be no one left" ...just to name a few :)

And one I came up with 15 years ago (you may have heard it since)....." Its not rocket surgery" cheers

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves' - Pitt the Younger (1759-1806)

"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work" (unknown)

Reactions: williemac

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen - unknown [or my mom] ;)
Trouble is - what trouble does - unknown.
Stop making faces or the wind might change and you'll stay that way - unknown [or mom again] :ph34r:
If you cross the road and get hit by a car and die...I'll kill you! unknown mom :blink:

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
There are two things that are infinite; the universe and man's stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe (paraphrased from memory)---Albert Einstein

Risen Angel

Jul 23, 2012
"A shaping stone, to make us; a testing ground to prove our worth; and a punishment for the sin." - Aiel on the Three Fold Land (Robert Jordan)

"All flesh is grass,
And all its loveliness is like the flower of the field.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
Because the breath of the Lord blows upon it;
Surely the people are grass.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever."

- The Prophet Isaiah

"The arrogance of men never ceases to amaze me. You all think everything has to do with you, and every woman has to desire you." - Min Farshaw (Robert Jordan)

"I came to bloody rescue you. Burn me if I expected to be greeted as if I had come to steal a pie." - Matrim Cauthon (Robert Jordan)

CLASSROOM RULES:

1. The teacher is always right
2. Please refer to number 1

- Aspen (Christianity Board)