Ramadan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

celia

Sep 16, 2007
My chinese muslim friends will soon start their Ramadan fast,it would be 'special' and more so as his wife and sis-in-law have been on their 'haj'.We are really blessed as we respect each other's faith,he was at our wedding and my husband best man and witness.Once during my primary school holidays visit to Malaysia,I went along to the prayer class where my friends learn to recite the Koran in arabic which I 'picked up' too.I learned that certain food is 'forbidden' like seafood so they have to observe the rules and buying meat from halal source,I liken it to the jewish kosher food.Is fasting any different,say to a haji or someone who has yet to go ?

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
Making certain meat halal means slaughtering the animal in a special way. Basically, its when you slit the throat of an animal while reciting some quranic verse. Seafood dose come under halal (not forbidden) catogary so anything from the sea need not to be slaughtered, so to say. Fasting is observed by all muslims whether they choose or afford to go to perform haj or not. So no, fasting is no different for a haji. However, a haji woman must be accompanied by close relative i.e. a brother, father and certain close family members that she can not in principal marry. Certain routines are to be observed.All non-believers are banned / forbidden from kabbah, how ironic
smile.gif

celia

Sep 16, 2007
I understand seafood is not allow because there is an absence of blood,I know a little about the rounds they take circling the Ka'aba also the throwing of stones at shaitan(satan).My chinese muslim friend prays 5 times daily and he observes the rules too but if you ask him if Allah forgives his sins he replied that he hope so.There is works i.e doing zakat outside the family which counts and helps towards salvation ?Cassius Clay embraced the muslim faith and is known as Muhammed Ali,well he suffers from Parkinsons and he really worked hard by his good works.You would see him signing his autograph for his fans though one could see how much he struggle and suffers

The Brucemaster

Sep 9, 2007
Actually, seafood is permitted food:“Lawful for you is what you catch from the sea and the sustenance it provides; a wholesome food, for yourselves and for the seafarers... Sura 5:96Amy, non-believers are forbidden from the hajj because it is a highly significant religious experience. Would you find it ironic for a non-Christian family to have their son baptised? What about a non-Jewish baby being circumcised at a briss?

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
(The Brucemaster;18664)
Actually, seafood is permitted food:“Lawful for you is what you catch from the sea and the sustenance it provides; a wholesome food, for yourselves and for the seafarers... Sura 5:96Amy, non-believers are forbidden from the hajj because it is a highly significant religious experience. Would you find it ironic for a non-Christian family to have their son baptised? What about a non-Jewish baby being circumcised at a briss?
Correction, non-believers are not only forbidden from haj (which makes sense) but also to enter the premises. You are not forbidden to attend any religious cermony as far as christians are concerned. See we don't think of ourselves superior on human levels. No need to add anything to what I have said. Certainly, I don't expect non-christians to be baptised.