Rapper DMX dies of alleged overdose; claims Jesus was his Savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so you are the one who likes to avoid direct questions. Instead of maybe saying "that woman just needs a little bit of encouragement not to drink by reading God's word, etc." - you consign her to hell right after her profession, thinking it must be still born or not at all.

I think you'd make a great Pharisee.

Why do you place your theories above the Scriptures? The Scriptures clearly teach that no drunkard will inherit the Kingdom.

Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you place your theories above the Scriptures? The Scriptures clearly teach that no drunkard will inherit the Kingdom.

I don't have theories; the Bible is very clear. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (minus all of our works.)

I like giving benefits of the doubt before condemning people; you immediately judge.

All I do is point to the unbeliever and say - Believe on Him, and He will save you.

You add 'and make sure to submit to his Lordship ... oh, and make sure there is works afterwards that look Christian so I don't have to come out here with my phylacteries and chastise your sorry behind ...

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have theories; the Bible is very clear. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (minus all of our works.)

I like giving benefits of the doubt before condemning people; you immediately judge.

You do understand that the grace of God sets us free from the stronghold of sin?

Romans 6
[14] For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[17] But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
[18] Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

All I do is point to the unbeliever and say - Believe on Him, and He will save you.

You add 'and make sure to submit to his Lordship ... oh, and make sure there is works afterwards that look Christian so I don't have to come out here with my phylacteries and chastise your sorry behind ...

If you are not telling people to repent that they might receive the remission of sin, then you're not witnessing for Jesus.

Luke 24
[46] And [Jesus] said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
[47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
[48] And ye are witnesses of these things.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do understand that the grace of God sets us free from the stronghold of sin?

Romans 6
[14] For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[17] But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
[18] Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

If you are not telling people to repent that they might receive the remission of sin, then you're not witnessing for Jesus.

Luke 24
[46] And [Jesus] said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
[47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
[48] And ye are witnesses of these things.

I don't have a problem preaching repentance, except I don't believe it is inner reformation with sincere resolve which is what it appears you believe it is. Metanoia means change of mind; we change our mind that we can save ourselves and we turn (also part of the word) to Jesus Christ as our all sufficient Savior. It does not include reformation of character or resolve to do better because unregenerated sinners can't do either of those two.

So in this verse: "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." Acts 16:31

No mention of reformation from sins or resolve to do better.

"Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me." John 12:44

Very simple message, believe ... doesn't say anything about having to reform from past sins or resolve to do better in the future.

Romans 6 - This is about the Old Man/New Man dichotomy. Just because the Scripture plainly teach we 'believe' for eternal life without reformation from sins or resolve to do better does not mean after salvation, we now have a license to sin. In fact, the point of the verse is to say after salvation (6:2), we are *dead* to sin, PAST TENSE. Meaning, this is an accomplished fact activated *not* by us, but by the Living God. It is a passage on our position in Christ after salvation, not what to do in order to be saved.

Luke 24 - Absolutely - repentance, as defined above, and remission of sins is a very important part of the gospel. Sometimes Biblical writers assume it in the word 'believe' ... the word, however, does *not* indicate reformation from past sins or resolution to do better in the future as a pre-requisite for believing.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John the Baptist defined repentance; it's not a change of mind but rather a change of direction, one that brings forth the fruit of holiness.

Matthew 3

[1] In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
[2] And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
[3] For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
[4] And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
[5] Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
[6] And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
[7] But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
[8] Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
[9] And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
[10] And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John the Baptist defined repentance; it's not a change of mind but rather a change of direction, one that brings forth the fruit of holiness.

Matthew 3

[1] In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
[2] And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
[3] For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
[4] And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
[5] Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
[6] And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
[7] But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
[8] Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
[9] And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
[10] And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Okay, where in that section: a) does it show John the Baptist's message was a Christian message ... but even if I give you this letter A, then even b) Where does it suggest that repentance is reformation of a bad life and resolution to do better in the future? In fact, I'd point you to John 8 (hope you aren't a modern Bible critic who doesn't think the adulterous woman story is not in the text). Did Jesus *not condemn* the adulterous woman *before* or *after* telling her to sin no more?

Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you serve Jesus or sin? Because you cannot serve both. Are you a Saint or a sinner? Because you cannot be both.

Again, I'll take LETTER C: I'm a Saint who may occasionally sin because we are not perfect after salvation. I don't necessarily believe the insinuation that may have been made by another brother that you say your sinless. Am I wrong in that belief?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, where in that section: a) does it show John the Baptist's message was a Christian message ... but even if I give you this letter A, then even b) Where does it suggest that repentance is reformation of a bad life and resolution to do better in the future? In fact, I'd point you to John 8 (hope you aren't a modern Bible critic who doesn't think the adulterous woman story is not in the text). Did Jesus *not condemn* the adulterous woman *before* or *after* telling her to sin no more?

There isn't a different message, but rather a new covenant. Repentance is required, whether under the Law or under Grace. John the Baptist was the fulfillment of the prophet Isaiah. John the Baptist was preparing the way of the LORD by crying for repentance.

Isaiah 40
[3] The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
[4] Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
[5] And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

but even if I give you this letter A, then even b) Where does it suggest that repentance is reformation of a bad life and resolution to do better in the future? In fact, I'd point you to John 8 (hope you aren't a modern Bible critic who doesn't think the adulterous woman story is not in the text). Did Jesus *not condemn* the adulterous woman *before* or *after* telling her to sin no more?

Jesus did not condemn the adulterous woman, but forgave and pointed her to repentance. You're merely proving my point. What if the woman said, "thank you Jesus for your forgiveness but I'm not going to turn from my sin"? No repentance = No Salvation.

Reactions: Wrangler

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I'll take LETTER C: I'm a Saint who may occasionally sin because we are not perfect after salvation. I don't necessarily believe the insinuation that may have been made by another brother that you say your sinless. Am I wrong in that belief?

If you're still "occasionally sinning", and it's not ignorantly but rather intentional, Jesus will eventually cut you off. He's merciful and gracious, but you can sin your last day of grace away. It's high time to come into the fullness of His Stature. Resist Satan and he will flee from you.

James 1
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

When someone gives into sin, they are giving over to death, not Life. Jesus did not call us to the weakness of sin, but into His fullness of Stature, which are strength and power.

John 1
[11] He [Jesus] came unto his own, and his own received him not.
[12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Are you born from above or the will of the flesh? If the latter, you need to do whatever you have to do to seek and find this power that Jesus gives to make you a son of God. Prayer, fasting and dining on the Word of God in humility will lead you right into it.

Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There isn't a different message, but rather a new covenant. Repentance is required, whether under the Law or under Grace. John the Baptist was the fulfillment of the prophet Isaiah. John the Baptist was preparing the way of the LORD by crying for repentance.

Isaiah 40
[3] The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
[4] Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
[5] And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Jesus did not condemn the adulterous woman, but forgave and pointed her to repentance. You're merely proving my point. What if the woman said, "thank you Jesus for your forgiveness but I'm not going to turn from my sin"? No repentance = No Salvation.

Actually, I'm not proving your point. Jesus forgave the woman FIRST ... *then*, He told her to sin no more. That is the order; salvation and forgiveness first, sanctification second. Read the text for yourself:

John 8:10-11
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

If we're going to witness and preach the gospel Jesus' way - we offer no condemnation before we instruct on sanctification.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not knowingly. If I do something wrong unintentionally, and after the fact it comes to my attention, I ask Jesus for forgiveness and to help me to be mindful to not do it again.

Well that would be nice if it were true. but that means 24/7 you never entertain a wrong thought, never have 1 ungodly word or never do something wrong ever! You and another here justify imperfection by saying you did not do it willfully. If you know it is a sin and do it it is willful. And there is forgiveness in God purchased by the blood of Jesus.

You have been given a batch of bad teaching! Jesus teaches us to forgive 70X7 if our neighbor sins against us, and you have him as an ogre who tosses you out of trhe kingdom the first time you sin and know it is sin. Sorry, but that is not the one true God!