• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Per Lord Jesus, when He quoted from the Book of Daniel about 'seeing' the "abomination of desolation" standing where it ought not, in Jerusalem, He was being specific about an IDOL abomination in the LITERAL sense (Mark 13:14). That event is set to happen in future Jerusalem for the time of "great tribulation" Jesus warned about. Just prior to that, the coming false-Messiah will have made a "league" with a small group of Jews in Jerusalem, and they will re-establish old covenant worship there, with a new temple and daily sacrifices again. Then to start the trib, that false Messiah will end the sacrifices, and instead setup the "image of the beast" inside that new Jewish temple in Jerusalem. That is when Lord Jesus told His servants there to flee that area, and for those of His in the countries to not enter in (Matthew 24; Mark 13; Luke 21).

Benjamin731

Jan 1, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Super post! This is what I love, at the end of the article: Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. (Revelation 3:10)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Super post! This is what I love, at the end of the article: Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. (Revelation 3:10)

I have to say this about that. The KJV reads a bit differently on that verse, which to me is more accurate.

Rev 3:10
10 Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

KJV

The idea is actually about those who keep His Word in patient endurance.

And that affects how that "I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation" is meant.

It doesn't mean physical escape, because Jesus showed in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 that His coming to gather His saints will be AFTER the tribulation, not prior.

So to be kept from the "hour of temptation" simply means... NOT being tempted.

Tempted by what?

By the "strong delusion" of 2 Thessalonians 2. What's that about? It's about the coming of a false one that will exalt himself in a new Jewish temple in Jerusalem, proclaiming himself as God, and over all that is worshiped or that is called God. That means over ALL religions on earth.

That is actually the MAIN EVENT for the coming tribulation time. Christ's Church will go through that temptation. But if we OBEY Lord Jesus' warning to not believe on that coming false one that is to work great signs and wonders, that IF possible, would deceive even His very elect, then we won't be TEMPTED by that false one who comes first playing Christ (see Matthew 24:23-26; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4; Revelation 13:11-14).

Thus by God's Word we have been warned specifically by Lord Jesus to not believe on that false one that comes first to play Him, in Jerusalem. Obeying Jesus on that is how we are not subject to the "hour of temptation", meaning NOT deceived like the rest of the world will be (Revelation 13:4-8).

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idols were statues worshiped by pagans in ancient cultures. The idols of the 21st century include the drive for “success” in the world. The ultimate manifestation of idolatry is when the world worships the image of the Beast, and receives his mark.

Rapture 2022: Falling Idols
The way I see it, people want to be popular - admired - so they tell people what they want to hear instead of what they need to hear. They completely ignore God, who only wants what is best for us.

Philologos

Jul 19, 2022
Jacksonville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say this about that. The KJV reads a bit differently on that verse, which to me is more accurate.

Rev 3:10
10 Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

KJV

The idea is actually about those who keep His Word in patient endurance.

And that affects how that "I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation" is meant.

It doesn't mean physical escape, because Jesus showed in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 that His coming to gather His saints will be AFTER the tribulation, not prior.

So to be kept from the "hour of temptation" simply means... NOT being tempted.

Tempted by what?

By the "strong delusion" of 2 Thessalonians 2. What's that about? It's about the coming of a false one that will exalt himself in a new Jewish temple in Jerusalem, proclaiming himself as God, and over all that is worshiped or that is called God. That means over ALL religions on earth.

That is actually the MAIN EVENT for the coming tribulation time. Christ's Church will go through that temptation. But if we OBEY Lord Jesus' warning to not believe on that coming false one that is to work great signs and wonders, that IF possible, would deceive even His very elect, then we won't be TEMPTED by that false one who comes first playing Christ (see Matthew 24:23-26; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4; Revelation 13:11-14).

Thus by God's Word we have been warned specifically by Lord Jesus to not believe on that false one that comes first to play Him, in Jerusalem. Obeying Jesus on that is how we are not subject to the "hour of temptation", meaning NOT deceived like the rest of the world will be (Revelation 13:4-8).

The reason most people don't understand this verse is because it's translated incorrectly. The word "keep" Is the Greek word for "observe, watch (over), and is used to mean "guard." The word following that, often translated in KJV as "from" is the same Greek word that KJV translates as "because" later in John's writing. There are no textual reasons to translate it differently than how it reads in the greek, "...I will watch-over you because of the hour of testing." (NOT temptation) Just as safe from God's wrath as being raptured, but according to scripture.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idols were statues worshiped by pagans in ancient cultures. The idols of the 21st century include the drive for “success” in the world. The ultimate manifestation of idolatry is when the world worships the image of the Beast, and receives his mark.

Rapture 2022: Falling Idols

Every time I see a date plugged to the rapture, I cringe over what may come next.

This guy is pretty good. He spends most of His time simply describing the course of this world. We should be rejoicing and seeking for His strentgh to boldly proclaim the truth!

Also like modern day JOnahs warn the world to flee the wrath to come.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idols of the 21st century include the drive for “success” in the world.

I don’t think so.

It’s just what the Bible teaches here:

“Do not labor to be rich” (Proverbs 23:4)

“He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.” (Proverbs 28:22)