Rapture Debate.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
Matthew 24:37-41 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Let us go to the parallel passage in the gospel of Luke. You will note that Luke adds a little more detail giving a slightly different perspective.

Luke 17:26-37 Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.
The people that Matthew says are taken away, Luke adds that they are destroyed. Thus the ‘taken away’ aspect or context of what Jesus is telling His disciples equates to death or destruction. This is borne out later in Luke’s passage when the disciples ask Him, “where are they taken to?” Jesus answer concerning the gathering of eagles around the carcasse...
First of all, "taken" in the Greek is the same word as is used when someone "receives" Christ!
Didn't know that?

The word is paralambano. From my writing:

Another Rapture verb that Matthew uses is paralambano to describe Jesus’ message to the Church’s deliverance. An interesting word, it is rendered here as simply “taken,” it means to take over, to receive, to inherit. It is used in the Greek world to describe how instruction is received from a teacher. Also in context of the Greek world it would mean to inherit secrets, especially by oral means. The ‘taking over’ refers then to a position of idea, rather than a physical carriage from place to place.

In the New Testament, paralambano is used chiefly when one “receives” Christ in 1Co 11:23; Gal 1:12; 1Th 2:13 and 1Th 4:1. In an eschatological sense, Jesus uses this same word in John 14:3 when He will take us to where He is going. So when this word is used here for taking one and leaving the other, it is the one who is taken who is saved. In Daniel 12, which is the first instance in the Bible to show two resurrections, Daniel is told in the last verse to wait rest until he receives his allotted inheritance. paralambano carries just such a meaning here too so that all three definitions of it are included in the action which the authors describe from Jesus’ words.

Here is an explanation for Jesus' cryptic answer: our bodies are exchanged for another leaving the old flesh and blood body behind.

Here again is a longer explanation for you, again from my own writing:

The cryptic passage in Luke allows for some context which may when aligned with the explanation Paul gives, shed some light on this loose end of the Rapture. Previously in the Rapture, Paul stated:

1Co 15:51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed-- 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

It is not often when God actually explains how something He is going to accomplish is actually done, so in this case, it behooves careful examination. That word “changed” is allasso (Strong's 236). The basic meaning is to make different. However, according to the Geoffrey Bromiley in the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament - it means both to change, but more importantly, it can also be legitimately translated to mean exchange.

allasso. The basic sense is “to make other than it is,” used in both the active and middle for “to alter,” “to give in exchange,” “to take in exchange,” and intransitively “to change.” The NT uses only the transitive active and passive.
1. The word has the sense of “to change” in Acts 6:14; Gal 4:20; 1 Cor 15:51-52.
2. It means “to exchange” in Rom 1:23. (p.40)

To discern whether allasso should rightly be translated into change, has to then reflect what actual action is being portrayed. For this analysis, a look at some corresponding principles and Bible precepts is required.

If those who have died and been buried for centuries are made alive - which is what Paul indicates happens when the resurrection of the dead comes - and their bodies are long gone - does God have to re-create their flesh and blood bodies so He can then “change” them into something which is imperishable or can God translate their souls directly into new, imperishable bodies? The answer here is no:

1CO 15:42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

The difference between the body which is “sown” into the ground, is raised a totally different body. What was natural, and goes back to the soil and into other living things being organic, is raised as a spiritual body. Thus God does not need to retrieve the natural body in order to create a new spiritual body. Seeing in the systematic theology presented herein that the dead reside or rest in a spiritual plane of Heaven called Paradise; it is from the spiritual bodies that are also recognizable to each person that God will raise up to be on the cloud with Him.

The question then is: What of the living Elect on the face of the Earth? The Biblical principle here is that flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven:

1CO 15:50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

So the Elect cannot simply have their bodies lifted up physically to join Jesus. The flesh carries too much sin with it perhaps, or there is something about preserving that which is bound to deteriorate into a Heavenly setting where time is eternal. This then necessitates a change, or exchange. In the case of change, the whole of the flesh must give way. This then requires a wholly new body. Some would insist that allasso would provide for such.

However, with the case of those long deceased, God does not have to reconstitute flesh and blood in order to translate those souls from Paradise to stand bodily in their new spiritual, imperishable, and immortal bodies. So in likewise fashion, a new spiritual, imperishable, and immortal body could await those who are still alive and are left. God could simply lift the soul from its vase of flesh are put it in the new spiritual body. This suggests an exchange is on order, which gets back to the root definition of allasso: “to make other than it is.” In like fashion, the bodies of the living Elect are natural, but what they have on the clouds is spiritual.

Looking at allasso as exchange then provides a very real, literal and physical answer which is cold hard truth: the believers taken by Christ and the Angels are instantaneously translated from one vessel to another. The soul does not experience death because the body is wholly alive when the transformation takes place; it just realizes a new abode which does not have any of the former infirmities or liabilities. The suggestion here would go so far as to say such an experience would be joyful even, and not carry any of the stigma, fear, or pain of death.

However, it would allow logistically for the cryptic statement of Jesus to be proved true. It also would fulfill two small references in prophetic passage which indicate the Harvest has some element of terror for those left behind:

AM 8:1 This is what the Sovereign LORD showed me: a basket of ripe fruit. 2 "What do you see, Amos?" he asked.
"A basket of ripe fruit," I answered.
Then the LORD said to me,
"The time is ripe for my people Israel; I will spare them no longer.
AM 8:3 "In that day," declares the Sovereign LORD, "the songs in the temple will turn to wailing. Many, many bodies--flung everywhere! Silence!"

The element of silence is repeated when the seventh Seal is opened. That’s what makes this passage interesting: the juxtaposition of bodies with silence. This aspect in the sequence of events comes next, but in keeping with the current quandary of having corpses all about for vultures, it is interesting to ponder. Certainly as revealed in the concept of rescue/wrath sequence of events with the Day of the Lord, the set-up for the day the Lord refers to is contained in the second half of the Day of the Lord. The suggestion here because of a lack of hard evidence to peg this particular scene to the Rapture, is that is a like window into the Rapture’s byproduct. Isaiah portrays the scene in just as cryptic terms:

ISA 17:14 In the evening, sudden terror!
Before the morning, they are gone!

The juxtaposition of the sky scrolling revealing light at night is preserved here. The hour of the Day of the Lord is indicated to come at night. This follows all of Jesus’ parables and the whole aspect of the return of the groom in the marriage ritual. The terror is due to the warnings the Angels have given: the residents of the earth are expecting God’s Wrath. Instead, in the morning, they awake to witness a different type of terror: missing persons. They may be missing because they are gone from this earth, and have left dead bodies behind. If the verse said that without indicating any physical harm, then a concrete link could be made, however, the image only matches and is supplied to ask whether or not it might apply rather than dictate that it does.

Now if this teaching for allasso has some saying: ‘My Lord Jesus would never do that to me! He created me and it says He will change me!’ then the reader might want to remember this saying of Jesus and how it was received before its fulfillment:

JN 6:51 “I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
JN 6:52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”

This teaching also was too hard for those who heard it to bear. However, in the light of faith, Christians understand the interplay between the Bread of Salvation Jesus lifted up at the Passover Meal and the offering of His sinless body on the cross as paving the way for Salvation. Likewise, Jesus gave a literal answer to the Disciples question if one accepts the alternate translation for allasso.

The impact the bodies of the Elect would have would actually compound the fear which has gripped the world. After a dizzying display which few understood, the remaining Christians who had proved so troublesome were seemingly eliminated by the very God they hoped to have return. The public will be talking of Christians in terms of shades of Heaven’s Gates, convincing themselves that the Elect were really kooks as well and even celebrating that they are all dead and done with in the world. This would in turn cause them to ask: If this God of theirs did this to them, what will He do to us?

B

brakelite

I agree that there s a rapture, but post trib, at the second coming. But you and I differ on so many other issues you mentioned, it would be impossible for me to take on each issue. The 7 year trib...mid-trib abomination...and all the associated appendages and consequences....sorry, just too tiring even contemplating such a wide ranging discussion.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
Let us go to the parallel passage in the gospel of Luke. You will note that Luke adds a little more detail giving a slightly different perspective.
Luke 17:26-37 Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.
the gathering of eagles around the carcasse echoes the following:

Revelation 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

I am beginning to think that being left behind isn’t such a bad alternative. But we shall see. We will now look at another passage and see how consistent Jesus is regarding the subject.
In a Pre-Wrath eschatology, which is my position, the Great Multitude is taken up to Heaven on the Day of the Lord, which is coincident with the opening of the sixth Seal.

Revelation chapter 19 starts the epilogue parallel account to the broad overview of the Seal/Scroll chronology of chapters 4-11 (exclusive of 11:1-13); and it is coincidental with the detailed parallel account of just the one 'seven' of Revelation chapters 13-16 inclusive as it begins before the final battle (which the Bowl Judgments lead up to in chapter 16).

In the opening of chapter 19, we hear the Great Multitude in Heaven. Then another voice (not the Great Multitude which is synonymous with the Bride of Christ) comments on them with the coming Marriage of the Lamb. This is what we are promised. It also leads to the "unveiling" where the groom finally gets to see what he 'bought' (and consummates the marriage) - which is mirrored for us in an non-sexual manner whereby each of us must give an account of ourselves (a true unveiling if ever we admitted all we did!) - and there will be some amazing stories!

So to re-cap:
The Bride is in Heaven, cheering on her Champion about to go out to do battle.
Jesus and His Army (and the 144,000 go wherever the Lamb goes - Rev 14:4) go out to battle the anti-Christ at Armageddon.
This is the last of the wicked.

Now the only similarity between Christian bodies being carrion fodder and the wicked's bodies being picked at after a mass death scene in battle is that both are dead. Period. Birds, dogs, and worms do not differentiate between Righteous and Wicked once their bodies are lifeless.

Likewise, using my sequence-of-events, the Righteous Elect have already been taken up to Heaven, and are shown there in contrast to the wicked gathered at the final battle. They are not the same people in Revelation 19.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
I agree that there s a rapture, but post trib, at the second coming. But you and I differ on so many other issues you mentioned, it would be impossible for me to take on each issue. The 7 year trib...mid-trib abomination...and all the associated appendages and consequences....sorry, just too tiring even contemplating such a wide ranging discussion.
I love a good argument.
Start another thread so we can discuss our differing points.
I doubt I will convince you, but we may both gain an insight into the other's position in doing so.

B

brakelite

I'll make it short. I am a Seventh Day Adventist. We are predominantly historicist in our eschatology and believe the 70 weeks of Daniel 9 were fulfilled by the year 34ad at the stoning of Steven. Thus the future crisis and tribulation is of an indeterminate period. The seven letters to the churches, the seals, and the trmpets, are all for the most part now history. We are living in the time of the Laodicean church...we ARE the Laodicean church. We are living in the time of the 6th seal, the 7th being the second coming. We are living in the time of the 6th trumpet, the 7th being the second coming.
The Antichrist, the system of the papacy, has been with us for 1500 years, first in its role as ruler of Europe for 1260 years between 538 and 1978, and today is the beast healed of its wound. The US is the false prophet, and will be responsible through US protestantism for establishing religious legislation in conjunction with the first beast, to enforce a Roman focused worship, specifically Sunday laws.
Babylon the Great is the final apostate pseudo Christian/spiritualist/pagan church comprising all religions of the earth with the Pope as its figurehead and Roman dogmas and superstitions dominating her theology. This monstrosity will comprise the vast majority of the world's population, including Protestant churches who have "returned to mum".
The final true remnant church is described in Revelation 14:12 as they who have the faith of Jesus, and keep God's commandments. That church will comprise of people from all denominations, who by faith have "come out of Babylon", and taken hold of Jesus as Savior. They have shed all the teachings and man-made doctrines of Catholicism, have rejected the commandments of men and the false churches, and hold to the bible and the Bible only as the only rue of faith and belief.

How's that for starters? ;) :popcorn:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keras... It is a matter of speculation on your part...

That any part of the Ezekiel 34 prophecy you quoted has anything to do with the sixth seal.
That any part of the Isaiah prophecy you quoted has anything to do with the end times.

As a matter of fact... Everything you say is a speculation... Trying to tie the Luke 13 scriptures you quoted...

18 Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.
20 And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?
21 It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened. - Luke 13

These scriptures refer to a Christians daily growth in reading and applying the scriptures in his own life and have nothing to do with the end time.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
I'll make it short. I am a Seventh Day Adventist. We are predominantly historicist in our eschatology and believe the 70 weeks of Daniel 9 were fulfilled by the year 34ad at the stoning of Steven. Thus the future crisis and tribulation is of an indeterminate period.
I think you mean Preterist. Historic Pre-Millennialism is the term for the early Church and it is advanced today by Geo. E. Ladd of the Fuller Theological Seminary.
Basic breakdowns of eschatology can be found at this link.
Preterism is the eschatological system whereby it's already past.
You fit into the sub-category of Partial Preterist because you assign the one 'seven' to the past, yet to look to a future crisis and tribulation.

I am Pre-Wrath, with a Progressive Dispensational (a minor adjustment to the criticisms of straight Dispensationalism) Pre-Millennium basis.
I think the Millennium is for the Jews so they can be saved; they certainly aren't saved now, nor do I think they convert in mass in the end-times.

Criticism: no one knows when Jesus was crucified, and we have no dates for the stoning of Stephen.
2nd Criticism: There are specific and unique events which are foretold with the one 'seven' of Daniel chapter 9, which did not occur in the distant past.
3rd Criticism: Gaps in prophecy do exist and Gabriel inserted three events between the seven and sixty-two 'sevens' and the one 'seven'.
4th Criticism: Who are the seventy 'sevens' for? Who are Daniel's people? (Hint: he is a member of more than one "grouping".)

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
The seven letters to the churches, the seals, and the trmpets, are all for the most part now history. We are living in the time of the Laodicean church...we ARE the Laodicean church. We are living in the time of the 6th seal, the 7th being the second coming. We are living in the time of the 6th trumpet, the 7th being the second coming.
Hmm. Interesting. I've heard this type of interpretation before of course.

While I agree that the seven letters are to Church types (and they go clockwise around Asia Minor (Turkey) for the churches) and I also think we in the time of the Laodicean church - that is because I also think that while all seven church types coexist throughout the Church Age, each type comes to the forefront in the successive order Jesus gives John. Thus, the lukewarm church which mixes hot with cold, or holy with sin, is predominant today with the pushing of the homosexual agenda.

I take an entirely different view of the Seals, Trumpets, and Bowls.
While I have heard arguments for their running concurrently with each other, I take a strictly linear, successive interpretation.
  • Thus, in accordance with the initial cry about the Scroll being sealed, the Seals must be opened before the Scroll can be read.
  • I think that the Scroll is where the 'desolations that have been decreed' (Dan 9:26) have been stored.
  • Thus, only when the seventh Seal is broken can the Scroll be read. LIkewise, only after it is told to us the seventh Seal has been broken, do we hear about the Trumpets.
  • Thus, the Trumpets follow the Seals.
Likewise, the seventh Trumpet (which John never calls the Last Trumpet) is not detailed.
Also a fact, John indicates from Jesus' Revelation that the Bowl Judgments come last (Rev 15:1).
My thinking, which is not the truth but my own conclusion, is that the seventh Trumpet shows the depth of God's Wrath by announcing the Bowl Judgments.

So I order the process of the end as Seals - Trumpets - Bowls, where one leads to another.

Just for grins: I divide the book of Revelation into parallel accounts.

The broad overview, which may take 150-200 years - the Seal/Scroll chronology.
Revelation chapters 4 though 11 excluding the sidebar account when the linear narrative pauses of the Temple and the Two Witnesses of Rev 11:1-13.
  • This broad overview can take some time. I assign the first Horseman to the awakening which occurs with the Industrial Revolution.
  • I also note that most spiritual awakenings happened in the mid-19th century as it relates to eschatology - your church being one of those.
  • As such, the white horseman moves westward as Zechariah foresaw from Europe to America and even to China today.
  • Capitalism has conquered the world, so to speak, without firing a shot (he has no arrows, just a bow, a kingly weapon to project power).
  • It is seen, by such people as Rush Limbaugh, as the panacea for man's ills.
  • It also allowed the unprecedented scale of war seen in the 20th century to occur.
  • I think all four horseman are at work in the world today bringing events to a fever pitch.

The Rise and Fall of the anti-Christ - the one 'seven'
Revelation chapters 13 through 16 inclusive.
  • This is the detailed parallel account to the Seal/Scroll chronology.
  • It concerns just the one 'seven'.
  • Chapter 13 concerns the first half up to the midpoint abomination, revealed as a talking image of the anti-Christ.
  • It also reveals two laws the false prophet (Jewish) puts into affect which make for the Great Tribulation against God's people: Christians (not Jews).
  • Chapter 14 concerns the Day of the Lord.
  • Chapters 15 and 16 detail the end portion of the one 'seven' providing detail which was missing when John wrote nothing about the seventh Trumpet.

The Epilogue
Revelation chapters 19 through 22
  • Starting on the verge of the end of the one 'seven' whereby Jesus is about to go forth to do battle on the earth at Armageddon,
  • It concludes the one 'seven' in addition to end of chapters 11, 16, (and the sidebar account of 11:13) with additional information about the end.
  • It segues through the 30 and 45 day periods of Daniel 12 to the Millennium.
  • It gives a brief thumbnail sketch of that time and then shows us in greater detail what is to come with the New Heavens and New Earth.
There are other minor divisions I make, like the twin parallel accounts of the Woman and the Serpent in chapter 12, but these are the major ones and how i view this great book in the Bible.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
The Antichrist, the system of the papacy, has been with us for 1500 years, first in its role as ruler of Europe for 1260 years between 538 and 1978, and today is the beast healed of its wound.
I too, looked at the Roman Catholic Church, (RCC), with all its sundry and motley collection of Popes (my apologies to Roman Catholics, but some of your Popes have been downright evil) as an archetype for the anti-Christ.

This is because they too changed the Law, eliminating the Second Commandment against idolatry and making graven images, and the times, changing the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.'

However, I think the RCC is best depicted by the Harlot riding the beast of a nation in Revelation chapter 17.

I liken the RCC to Israel as a Harlot in this.
Ezekiel describes Israel as a woman in his book, chapter 16.
With her wandering from the Lord, who made her not only live, but thrive, He calls her a harlot (Eze 16;28).
Thus harlotry is reserved for those who stray from the straight and narrow and prostitute themselves to the world, i.e., man's kingdom.

The Papacy has indeed involved itself with everything political, and Pope Francis is no different than the Popes who picked and toppled Kings in the Middle Ages. He has thrown in full-force with the socialist forces in world governments which seek control of the people through this myth of man-made global warming.

There is a RCC prophecy that Francis is the last Pope...

I disagree about who the "heads" are.
I think the anti-Christ is the sixth "head" and that he is fatally wounded, but does not die (false death)
- and that he is healed (false resurrection)
- and then is worshiped = false Christ, i.e., anti-Christ.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
The US is the false prophet, and will be responsible through US protestantism for establishing religious legislation in conjunction with the first beast, to enforce a Roman focused worship, specifically Sunday laws.
I view the United States as the first beast of Daniel 7 to rise from the sea of peoples that is Europe.

It has power (wings) from England, had them stripped off with its Revolution, and then wrote the Constitution standing on its own two feet (giving the world its greatest political document - which it has progressively failed to adhere to in practice), having a heart towards man as with our compassion for man's welfare, civil rights, and humanity.

The USA is also an aggressive nation of strange speech from Isaiah, having been at war for most of its history.

I think the USA, will along with Russia and the EU, will combine in a federated super-state overseeing each, to form the fourth terrible beast of Rev 13:1.
As such, they would comprise the entire northern half of the Northern Hemisphere - truly a Kingdom of the North.

Their main enemy: the South of islam, this evil, Satanic, theo-political institution of death, sin, and man-derived salvation of works, which seeks not repentance by guilt, but revenge by shame.
I note that the continued attacks, and even the invasion, allowed by our political leaders, will work to unite the North against a common foe.
The arabs also do not "mix" in the countries in which they infiltrate. They are the clay to our iron.

The false prophet, from Revelation chapter 13, is from the "land".
Standing in stark contrast to his playmate from the "sea" - which can both describe the Mediterranean and the 'sea of peoples' which is Europe.
Thus, I look to the "land" as describing Israel.

The Sanhedrin have re-formed.
They are sought out by their political and military leaders for direction.
Israel has nukes, and with their permission, a nuke will be used (probably at Iran) to defend Israel. Netanyahu has promised this kind of defense.

The abomination will be set in the "Holy Place" - (Mt 24:15).
That is in the Temple - 2Th 2:4
The Sanhedrin desire the Temple to be built, and I think it will with the initiation of the one 'seven'.
Thus, the Sanhedrin will also be in charge of it, and only they could allow an abomination to be erected there.

Strictly my opinion of course, but I do fit it to Scripture.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
Babylon the Great is the final apostate pseudo Christian/spiritualist/pagan church comprising all religions of the earth with the Pope as its figurehead and Roman dogmas and superstitions dominating her theology. This monstrosity will comprise the vast majority of the world's population, including Protestant churches who have "returned to mum".
Babylon the Great is not entirely clear to me. I think it has something to do with Rome and the age-old mother-son worship system which I think is an anathema to God.

Again, I go back to the Old Testament, and Zechariah's vision of the mystery of woman who is wickedness in Zec 5:5-10.

I also think that the USA has Babylonian overtones to its wealth, and New York City is like Babylon as well.

This detail of prophecy does not make or break my eschatology though.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
The final true remnant church is described in Revelation 14:12 as they who have the faith of Jesus, and keep God's commandments. That church will comprise of people from all denominations, who by faith have "come out of Babylon", and taken hold of Jesus as Savior. They have shed all the teachings and man-made doctrines of Catholicism, have rejected the commandments of men and the false churches, and hold to the bible and the Bible only as the only rue of faith and belief.
Well for starters, I think you said a mouthful. It certainly has given me plenty to discuss.

I agree with your assessment of Rev 14:12 as describing the Elect.
However, I look to the Remnant passages in the Bible, specifically the OT prophecy ones, as describing the Jews.

This does not diminish a view of the persecuted Church where only a few of the Elect see the Day of the Lord come about.

With the first of three Angels, also mentioned in Revelation chapter 14, I do think that many will come to believe at quite literally, the last moment.
This would fulfill Mt 24:14 as well, and insure that the Great Multitude is off all people, nations, languages and tribes, and that it comes before "the end" (of what? - the Church Age).

I do allow Roman Catholics to be part of the Elect; their religious system may be a harlot, but individuals differ and even Mormons can be saved based on their heart-felt belief and breath-said words.

B

brakelite

I can see we have a long way to go if you and I are going to come to any sort of agreement on eschatology lol, yet we do have some common ground that I think we could build on. I do object to being called a preterist however, although without offense. A historicist sees an evolving continual historical unfolding of prophecy from the time it is given to the end of time, particularly when looking at Daniel and Revelation, which compliment one another. This of course does not apply to every prophecy in scripture...many prophecies are one off events that took place at a certain time in history. Most preterists I believe see Antiochus as the Antichrist...I have many objections to that...the most important being that the rock cut out of the mountain in Daniel 2 hit the statue on the feet, that is the inheritors to all 4 pagan philosophies of the statue...us... not on the Greek hips. I have an upload of a chart showing the ...well... you will see. I don't know how it will translate on to this site, but I will give it a go.View attachment 360
I have also attached a pdf doc. I wrote some time ago on Daniel 2 which I believe you may find interesting. I thought of copy/pasting it to a thread here but nuh...anyone reading this are welcome at their leisure to read and maybe even download themselves, so...View attachment 361

Attachments

• The Great Chart Newest.jpg
    The Great Chart Newest.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 0
  • A Tale of Two Cities. (BJ's Daniel 2).doc
    650.5 KB · Views: 0

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. - 2 Peter 3

Post and Mid tribbers do not understand the evil they bring into the world by watering down the hopes of the time we will be caught up in the sky and to meet with the previous saints in the air, where we will ever be with the Lord. They do not see the error in that they are accelerating the pace of the great falling away.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Guess Jesus was a post tribbers according to Matthew 24...when He said "after the tribulation" He comes from His elect from the four winds of the earth...
Rocky are you saying Jesus, then, hastened the "great falling away"

Reactions: Helen

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostesia is the departure from the law. Apostasy. We take our word directly from the Greek, and it means the same thing.

Eschatology is not a rule of Scripture.
Theologians are split on it.
Pastors rarely touch it.

You do not have to get your eschatology right to be saved. It is not God's requirement that you figure it all out before you get to Heaven.
Pre-Wrath and Post-Trib are not sending themselves to Hell for misleading people any more than Preterists, Pre-Tribbers, Post-Millennialists, or Amillennialists.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Prewrath Rapture of the Church by Marvin Rosenthal
http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/proph/prewra01.JPG

1. Antichrist signs peace treaty with Israel to begin the 70th week Isa 28:15 NIV, Isa 28:18 NIV, Isa 57:8-9 NIV, Dan 9:27 NIV, Rev 6:2 NIV, Rev 6:8 NIV.
2. The third temple is built Ez 40-48 NIV, Dan 9:27 NIV, 2 Thess 2:3-4 NIV.
3. The first 3.5 years are birth pains, the first four seals are open along with apostasy of Jews Dan 11:36-45 NIV, Matt 24:4-7, 2 Thess 2:3 NIV, Rev 6:1-8 NIV.
4. At the middle of the 70th week the abomination of desolation takes place Dan 9:27 NIV, Dan 11:31 NIV, Dan 12:11 NIV, Matt 24:15 NIV, 2 Thess 2:3-4 NIV.
5. Michael the angel, the restrainer is removed here Dan 12:1 NIV, 2 Thess 2:6-12 NIV, Rev 12:6-12 NIV.
6. Immediately after the abomination of desolation the fifth seal is open and the Great Tribulation begins, man's rebellion against God Rev 6:9-11 NIV.
7. This is right around where the two witnesses make their appearance and prophesy for 1,260 days Mal 4:5 NIV, Rev 11:2-3 NIV.
8. The last 3.5 years of the 70th week now begins.
9. Then the Great Tribulation is cut short around the middle of the last 3.5 years Matt 24:22 NIV.
10. Immediately after the Great Tribulation ends cosmic disturbances occur before the Day of the Lord begins.
11. The 144,000 are then sealed before the rapture, so they can enter the Day of the Lord without harm Rev 7:2-4 NIV.
12. The rapture occurs at the seventh seal, after the Great Tribulation and at the beginning of the Day of the Lord Matt 25:31-46 NIV, Rev 7:14 NIV, Rev 8:1-5 NIV.
13. The Bema Seat of Christ is here Matt 16:27 NIV, Luke 14:14-15 NIV, 2 Cor 5:10 NIV, Rev 19:8-9 NIV, Rev 22:12 NIV.
14. The Feast/Marriage Supper of the Lamb is also here Luke 14:14-15 NIV, Rev 7:9 NIV, Rev 19:1 NIV, Rev 19:9 NIV.
15. Then begins the Day of the Lord, the start of God's wrath of trumpets. The 5th trumpet will also last five months Rev 9:5 NIV.
16. At the end of the 70th week the beast will kill the two witnesses, but after 3.5 days they will come alive Rev 11:7-12 NIV.
17. Very few people will be left after the 70th week is complete Zech 13:8-9 NIV.
18. Jesus Christ landing on the Mount of Olives is here Zech 9:14-17 NIV, Zech 10:1-12 NIV, Zech 12:10-14 NIV, Zech 14:4 NIV, Mal 3:2-4 NIV, Matt 25:31-46 NIV, Rom 11:26-27 NIV, Jude 1:14-15 NIV, Rev 19:11-21 NIV.
19. After the 70th week is complete the bowl judgments begin for 30 days Dan 12:11 NIV, Zech 12:10-14 NIV.
20. Then the 45 days begin for cleansing of the Temple Dan 12:12 NIV, Zech 13:1-6 NIV.
21. After the 45 days are finished the 1,000 year millennium begins Rev 20:4-6 NIV.
22. Nonbelievers will also be a part of the 1,000 year millennium Zech 14:16-19 NIV.
23. After the 1,000 years are finished, the dead believers and nonbelievers that are left over will be judged Rev 20:11-15 NIV.
24. Then a New Heaven and a New Earth will appear making everything new Rev 21:1-8 NIV.
25. Lastly, Eden is restored in which we now live with Jesus Christ forever and ever. Amen Rev 22:1-5 NIV.

Side Note 1: The full seven years are never called "the tribulation period", rather the 70th week is the proper name to describe the seven years.

Side Note 2: The Great Tribulation and the Day of the Lord are not the same event. The GT is man's rebellion against God, and the Day of the Lord is God's wrath against man. These two events are split in half in the last 3.5 years of the 70th week. The church will have to go through the first five seals and also the GT, but they will be raptured before the Day of the Lord begins, God's wrath of trumpets and bowls. The church will witness the signing of the peace treaty, the third temple built, the first four seals opening, the abomination of desolation, the two witnesses, the fifth seal opening, the GT of man's rebellion and the sixth seal of cosmic disturbances in the sun, moon and stars before they are raptured.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
heretoeternity said:
Guess Jesus was a post tribbers according to Matthew 24...when He said "after the tribulation" He comes from His elect from the four winds of the earth...
Rocky are you saying Jesus, then, hastened the "great falling away"
The GT begins mid trib and is cut short in the last 3.5 years, Matt 24:22 NIV. Rapture will occur somewhere in the middle of the last 3.5 years.

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a true believer in Gods word There is no Rapture. Yes we will gather back to Christ. But it's at the last trump the 7th trump the trump of God. The scriptures used by those who believe this lie does not anywhere say anything about Christ sweeping by and taking anyone anywhere. But we do have scripture that tells us God is not happy about this teaching. Ezekiel 13:20 have you read it. For those who believe the lie. Satan is just waiting for those who believe this. And rightly so after all we're told the whole world will whore after him. This is a perfect setup for him. I'm sure ever sense this wacky Mary McDonald had her vison Satan has just been chomping his teeth. Just remember Ezekiel 13:20. Gods word not mine. Do you believe.

Reactions: keras

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
If you are a true believer in Gods word There is no Rapture. Yes we will gather back to Christ. But it's at the last trump the 7th trump the trump of God. The scriptures used by those who believe this lie does not anywhere say anything about Christ sweeping by and taking anyone anywhere. But we do have scripture that tells us God is not happy about this teaching. Ezekiel 13:20 have you read it. For those who believe the lie. Satan is just waiting for those who believe this. And rightly so after all we're told the whole world will whore after him. This is a perfect setup for him. I'm sure ever sense this wacky Mary McDonald had her vison Satan has just been chomping his teeth. Just remember Ezekiel 13:20. Gods word not mine. Do you believe.

If there's no rapture then why does Jesus come like a thief in the end times, Matt 24:37-43, 1 Thess 5:1-11?