Rapture Top Dogs Admit no Proof Exists.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have no trouble much of the time in understanding the role of the children of Israel naturally while living the time of the OT subject to laws gave them through Moses and the prophets. Looking for any meaning of those same words [scriptures] to people NOT living under those laws in that time period can at times be more difficult. Sometimes we do not need to know and sometimes it is simply not God's time to give us understanding.

I have a perhaps unrelated question [which may be off topic for which I apologize] I have asked of many people in the past with assorted answers. Why is the tribe of Dan missing from Revelation chapter 7? No extensive details please so a not to completely derail the thread. I am simply looking for anything new on the subject which absorbed me for quite a while several years back. If you answer must be lengthy, please consider a PM. Thanks
In the list of the 12 tribes of Revelation ch. 7, there is also no Ephraim as well as Dan. I have seen just one explanation most of the time--that the tribes of Dan and Ephraim were most responsible for the idolatry that got the Ten northern tribes of Israel pitched out of the Land.

Reactions: amadeus

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because they committed gross idolatry. It is not the only place they are not mentioned.
Yes, not only is Dan left out of the list of the 12 tribes in Revelation 7 but so is Ephraim as well.

However, Dan's territory is listed in Ezekiel 48:1 so it appears that God will forgive the Tribe of Dan. It could be that the Tribe of Dan doesn't come to faith until after the 144,000 are sealed. Ephraim may be included in the Tribe of Joseph.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why is the tribe of Dan missing from Revelation chapter 7?
Your answer is found in Judges, chapter 18. Read the entire chapter which concludes thus:
30 And the children of Dan set up the graven image: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan until the day of the captivity of the land.
31 And they set them up Micah's graven image, which he made, all the time that the house of God was in Shiloh.

The tribe of Dan deliberately chose idolatry and a false priesthood instead of worshiping at Shiloh as commanded by God. In spite of that, God will give Dan a portion with the twelve tribes of Israel in the Millennium (after they have repented and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ).

Now these are the names of the tribes. From the north end to the coast of the way of Hethlon, as one goeth to Hamath, Hazarenan, the border of Damascus northward, to the coast of Hamath; for these are his sides east and west; a portion for Dan.(Ezek 48:1)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the list of the 12 tribes of Revelation ch. 7, there is also no Ephraim as well as Dan.
The Holy Spirit calls "Ephraim" "Joseph" in Revelation 7, but "Ephraim" in Ezekiel 48:5: And by the border of Manasseh, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Ephraim.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, not only is Dan left out of the list of the 12 tribes in Revelation 7 but so is Ephraim as well.

However, Dan's territory is listed in Ezekiel 48:1 so it appears that God will forgive the Tribe of Dan. It could be that the Tribe of Dan doesn't come to faith until after the 144,000 are sealed. Ephraim may be included in the Tribe of Joseph.

It gets a bit complicated when there are half tribes.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Holy Spirit calls "Ephraim" "Joseph" in Revelation 7, but "Ephraim" in Ezekiel 48:5: And by the border of Manasseh, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Ephraim.

Apparently, Ephraim was sometimes referred to as "Joseph". It is thought that it is because Ephraim was the more dominant of Joseph's two sons.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God knows any differences that matter and is able to sort them out if and when it is necessary to do so..

What do these even older words mean?

"But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion." Joel 3:20-21

What blood is being cleansed?

Consider what was necessary when the Israelites came back from captivity in Babylon having married and had children with the heathen/unbelievers:

"Now therefore let us make a covenant with our God to put away all the wives, and such as are born of them, according to the counsel of my lord, and of those that tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be done according to the law." Ezra 10:3

That was God's counsel for them then. I would let anyone now to whom it might apply listen to hear God's counsel for this moment or some other moment according to God.
Jesus said anyone who does the will of the father is his brother,mother,sister,.. would this make all Christians members of the tribe of Judah?? @amadeus id still like a response from you on this, if you have time too.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said anyone who does the will of the father is his brother,mother,sister,.. would this make all Christians members of the tribe of Judah??

All Christians are spiritual brothers and sisters. But that is not the same as being brothers and sisters after the flesh.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh I see anyone only means those of Jewish decent?

No, it means that we are SPIRITUAL brothers, sisters, mothers, etc. of Christ (Jesus is "the first of many brethren"). Recall that Jesus, from the Cross, tells John that Mary is John's mother now. Did that mean that she was his mother after the flesh (how could that be since she did not give natural birth to John?), or did it mean that she was his mother by the Spirit of God?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it means that we are SPIRITUAL brothers, sisters, mothers, etc. of Christ (Jesus is "the first of many brethren"). Recall that Jesus, from the Cross, tells John that Mary is John's mother now. Did that mean that she was his mother after the flesh (how could that be since she did not give natural birth to John?), or did it mean that she was his mother by the Spirit of God?
Jesus in revelation is referenced as the lion of the tribe of Judah. Does this mean he’s still affiliated with this tribe?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because they committed gross idolatry. It is not the only place they are not mentioned.
Thank you for the simplicity which tells the story. I do agree.

Do realize how many non-answers on this I have received on this? I won't elaborate, but maybe you understand...

Reactions: CoreIssue

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus in revelation is referenced as the lion of the tribe of Judah. Does this mean he’s still affiliated with this tribe?

Yes, I believe so. He is also a descendant of King David. It has been said that being descended from David on both sides of His family was relatively rare. He had legal descent as Joseph's son--remembering that an adopted son has all the rights and privileges of a natural son--and His natural descent on His mother's side. Some have gone so far as to say that Jesus may have been the only rightful heir to the throne of David, in Judea, at that time.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said anyone who does the will of the father is his brother,mother,sister,.. would this make all Christians members of the tribe of Judah?? @amadeus id still like a response from you on this, if you have time too.

Spiritually of Judah or of Israel you mean perhaps? I don’t have an specific answer but I have some notes used regarding the prophecy of Jacob on Judah which may be helpful...

“Moreover he refused the tabernacle of Joseph, and chose not the tribe of Ephraim:

But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved.” Psalm 78:67-68

Then Jacob’s prophecy:

"Judah [=praised], thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee. [It was however Joseph to whom the father’s children bowed]
Judah is a lion's whelp [Was he the lion of Judah or the Lamb of God or both]:
from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

[“And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.” Rev 5:5-6]

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, [the sceptre offered by the King of the Persian Empire was Life for Esther... see Esther 4:11 & 5:2]
nor a lawgiver from between his feet [between his feet may refer to Him as a source of Life (reference to reproduction). This is used regarding a woman (Deut28:57)], until Shiloh [=a place of rest; the location of the tabernacle in the promised land (Joshua 18:1) ] come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine [see Zech 9:9 & Matt 21:5]; he washed his garments in wine [see Rev 7:14], and his clothes in the blood of grapes [=wine= blood of Jesus]:
His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk." Gen 49:8-12

And then...

“For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:” Heb 8:8 [See Jerem 31:31-33]

If you can amplify or add to this I would be glad to see it.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually of Judah or of Israel you mean perhaps? I don’t have an specific answer but I have some notes used regarding the prophecy of Jacob on Judah which may be helpful...

“Moreover he refused the tabernacle of Joseph, and chose not the tribe of Ephraim:

But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved.” Psalm 78:67-68

Then Jacob’s prophecy:

"Judah [=praised], thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee. [It was however Joseph to whom the father’s children bowed]
Judah is a lion's whelp [Was he the lion of Judah or the Lamb of God or both]:
from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

[“And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.” Rev 5:5-6]

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, [the sceptre offered by the King of the Persian Empire was Life for Esther... see Esther 4:11 & 5:2]
nor a lawgiver from between his feet [between his feet may refer to Him as a source of Life (reference to reproduction). This is used regarding a woman (Deut28:57)], until Shiloh [=a place of rest; the location of the tabernacle in the promised land (Joshua 18:1) ] come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine [see Zech 9:9 & Matt 21:5]; he washed his garments in wine [see Rev 7:14], and his clothes in the blood of grapes [=wine= blood of Jesus]:
His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk." Gen 49:8-12

And then...

“For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:” Heb 8:8 [See Jerem 31:31-33]

If you can amplify or add to this I would be glad to see it.
Thanks you brought this to mind
Genesis 49:10-12,16-17 KJV
[10] The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be . [11] Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes: [12] His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk. [16] Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel. [17] Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

Tecarta BibleAlso see Isaiah 63:

Isaiah 63:1-6 KJV
[1] Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. [2] Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? [3] I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. [4] For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. [5] And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. [6] And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.

Tecarta Bible

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@CoreIssue @Lady Crosstalk @Enoch111
Thanks to the several people who responded to my question regarding the missing tribe of Dan in Revelation chapter 7...

You are quite welcome--that has always been a pondering point of mine as well. Somehow, it doesn't seem to be the whole story that it was just about idolatry. But it seems that Scripture would have told us more if it was important to our present understanding.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all know that unbelievers have nothing to do with the Kingdom of God or the future kingdom of Israel. The 12 tribes of Israel will continue for all eternity as redeemed, regenerated, and restored Jews after the Second Coming of Christ:

Does that mean they also will be in their eternal bodies and no more mortality?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The twelve tribes are either believers in Christ. Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin, or they are disbarred as unbelievers and now gentiles. This is because Christ abolished circumcision on the cross leaving Only believers as Israel.

So the 12 tribes are either believers or they are disbarred and are now gentiles. Ok.... when did believing Israel reject Messiah and how is it, if they are redeemed, do they have to acknowledge that rejection before He will return?

Hosea 5:14-15 For I will be like a lion to Ephraim,
And like a young lion to the house of Judah.
I, even I, will tear them and go away;
I will take them away, and no one shall rescue.
15 I will return again to My place
Till they acknowledge their offense.

Then they will seek My face;
In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.”

Ephraim was the largest tribe of the north so Hosea and Isaiah would use Ephraim as a collective term for all the northern Kingdom. Likewise, Judah being the largest tribe in the southern kingdom, that kingdom was collectively known as Judah. So in verse 14, we see that the reference is all 12 tribes.

And that being the case, Yeshua says next that He will return to His place until they (all 12 tribes) acknowledge their offense. So He is not going to return and set foot on this planet until they do.

And Yeshua affirmed this in....

Matthew 23:37-39 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’

So again, when did the redeemed reject Yeshua, and how could they be considered redeemed while in rejection of Yeshua? And that rejection of Yeshua would have had to happen before He ascended back to the Father, as it is the rejection that caused Him to return to the Father. And we know that the rejection has not ended because Yeshua has not returned.

Wow. To be a part of the body of Messiah, the bride of Messiah, the ekklesia of Messiah, and reject the Messiah before the ekklesia even started at Shavuot following His ascension. Anyone who wants to go down that rabbit trail of Alice in Wonderland really should consider serious professional counseling to untie those knots.