Rapture Top Dogs Admit no Proof Exists.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is apparent that you are not very familiar with Protestant Historicism.

You are preaching Jesuit Futurism, an idea that didn't exist until after the Protestant Reformation kicked off in the early 16th century. Protestant Historicism exposed the papacy as the Little Horn of Daniel, the Man of Sin, the Whore of Babylon riding the Beast, the Antichrist, etc., which caused thousands of catholics to flee from the papacy and join the Reformation. Jesuit Futurism AND Jesuit Preterism was launched mid-16th century as a diversionary tactic to get the heat off the papacy. It didn't work. For the next THREE HUNDRED YEARS, every Protestant pulpit in the world taught what I'm presenting here and would have thrown anyone out that attempted to present that which you are bringing. But, because the murderous persecution of the papacy came to an end, eventually Protestants forgot what in the world was the reason for why they were fighting the papacy to begin with.

Today, non-catholics are wholly ignorant of why the Reformers identified the papacy as such, which is a shame because how in the world can one avoid the Mark of the Beast if they fail to properly identify the Beast?

I'm familiar with what God's Holy Writ says, and to heck with man's theories of Historicism.

You won't be ready for what's coming by listening to those men. And I'm not talking about a pre-trib rapture, so don't assume I believe in that either.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I can live with that, but if you ever want to know why the Protestant Reformation taught Historicism for centuries - and taught it until just about 150 years ago - I'm happy to guide you through it.

I know why the Reformers believed the pope was the prophesied Antichrist. It ain't that hard to figure out friend! That idea is 'old hat'. Because of how the Catholic Church then persecuted Protestants for going against the doctrines of men within the Roman system, it created a war, and they thought the Antichrist had come. Problem is though, our Lord Jesus is prophesied to return to end the Antichrist's reign, and that did not... happen in their day (nor our day yet either).

So, do you believe Jesus' 2nd coming happened back then?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. It is translated as "week" but literally it is a "seven".
Strong's Concordance
shabua: a period of seven (days, years), heptad, week
Original Word: שְׁבוּעַ
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: shabua
Phonetic Spelling: (shaw-boo'-ah)
Definition: a period of seven (days, years), heptad, week

New International Version
He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."
Only the NIV (which I don't normally use) has the literal meaning.
You do understand that "week" is an acceptable translation. At best, you can say that it may be "seven" but I can also say it may be "week" - and the fact that scholarly, God-fearing men thought to translate it "week" instead of "seven" speaks volumes about this issue.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, Historicism is a doctrine from the seminaries.
Again, it's based on sound Biblical exegesis, wherever it's found preached or taught.
My ancestors (I was told) fled to Germany, and some of them then went to England where they became indentured to the Americas, to Virginia colony.
Bro, your French Huegenots ancestors were the undisputed "timepiece masters" of the world. The papacy forced them to flee across the Alps from France to Switzerland and they took their trade along with them. That is why Switzerland became the timepiece capital of the world.
The word "antichrist" in 1 John 2:18 is just a label, not a personal name. And it is... used there in BOTH the singular tense, and the plural tense. John said they had already heard that antichrist shall come. Now if you really want to know God's Truth about that, you should be wanting to find out just 'when' and 'where' they had first heard that the antichrist shall come.
The very fact that you are still waiting for antichrist to come tells me you've fallen for the Jesuit deception of Futurism. Don't you find it curious that when the Reformers called out the papacy as Antichrist, the Jesuits published TWO theories, one of which said Antichrist came in the 1st century and the other says the Antichrist is coming in the future? "Look to the past, look to the future...just don't look at us!"

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously are of a different generation of American than I. Communism was the main threat (and still is today)
Those that used to be just left of center have shifted all the way over to the far left and now align with Communism, fascism, Marxism, etc., while trying to convince us all that those who are just right of center are "far right extremists" when they haven't budged at all.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm familiar with what God's Holy Writ says, and to heck with man's theories of Historicism.

You won't be ready for what's coming by listening to those men. And I'm not talking about a pre-trib rapture, so don't assume I believe in that either.
If you're waiting for a future Antichrist man that will come and sit down in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and broker a 7 year piece treaty between the Arabs and Jews, which after 3 1/2 years he will break that treaty and usher in Armageddon, etc. etc. etc., you're a dyed in the wool Jesuit Futurist. Do you have a different view than that which I listed above?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not called a 'rapture' in God's Word. That word was from a Latin translation.
Obviously, but no harm in using the word to refer to the event where the saints rise from the surface of the Earth to meet a gloriously visible, cacaphonically audible, environmentally destabilizing Jesus in the clouds at His Second Coming.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know why the Reformers believed the pope was the prophesied Antichrist. It ain't that hard to figure out friend! That idea is 'old hat'. Because of how the Catholic Church then persecuted Protestants for going against the doctrines of men within the Roman system, it created a war, and they thought the Antichrist had come. Problem is though, our Lord Jesus is prophesied to return to end the Antichrist's reign, and that did not... happen in their day (nor our day yet either).

So, do you believe Jesus' 2nd coming happened back then?
You seem to think it was just prejudices, but it's way more than that - like what Daniel, Paul, John, Jesus, etc. wrote about the issue.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's exactly what I'm saying,yes there is hope for them.Question,do you understand the purpose the millennium?
Ooookay. So...this doesn't mean much to you then?

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, -Hebrews 9:27

So all those people who perished in Sodom and Gomorrah; even though they died because of their sin....died IN their sin...you think when they stand before the throne they will have a chance to walk through into eternal life?

The "Millennium"...even if it is a future, physical reality...will not help those who have already perished.