Rapture vs. Second Coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking at a few post, lets look at this "caught up" from another perspective. listen, Revelation 12:5 "And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne."
G726 ἁρπάζω harpazo (har-pa'-zō) v.
to seize.
{in various applications}
[from a derivative of G138]
KJV: catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force)
Root(s): G138

the root of this word give us great detail.
G138 αἱρέομαι haireomai (hai-re'-o-mai) v.
ἕλλομαι hellomai (hel'-lo-mai) [a cognate form, which is otherwise obsolete]
to take for oneself, i.e. to prefer.
[probably akin to G142]
KJV: choose

now was the Lord Jesus, in flesh and blood, as a child was, "caught up unto God, and to his throne." not with blood. so, let look at this with a different perspective. scripture, Matthew 11:12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force”. the word of God have a radical change on people. it is powerful shaper than a twoedge sword, Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart".

as said, the root of G726 ἁρπάζω harpazo (har-pa'-zō) give us a clear picture of the saying, G138 αἱρέομαι haireomai (hai-re'-o-mai) to take for oneself, i.e. to prefer. in layman's terms "the chosen one's"

to take for oneself, i.e. to prefer is To choose for oneself. 2 Thessalonians 2:13 "But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth”: Ephesians 1:4 "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:”.

One more, 1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: verse 10 "Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.”

So the Gentiles, and the strangers come in as a flood upon hearing the gospel, or answer the call of God in STRONG numbers. All nations are his. So the term, “caught up “, is not used as many thought, when used in context of these scripture. suffereth violence? means ,"comes with force" Read one’s commentaries on the verse. In Matthew 11:12.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

the chosen one in Christ, alived, "caught up ", or gathered together with those who has risen, the the DEAD in christ, the clouds of witness, supportive scripture, Hebrews 12:1 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"

and "Air" here is a NOUN, and not a verb, that kills any meeting in the atmosphere, it's meaning G109 ἀήρ aer (a-eer') n.
“air” (as naturally surrounding).
[from aemi “to breathe unconsciously,” i.e. respire: (by analogy) to blow]
KJV: air

Respire, in litery use, recover hope, courage, or strength after a time of difficulty.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

why "caught up/CHOSEN together with them in the clouds/RESURRECTION?" because the DEAD in Christ will RISE ... "FIRST".

and we alive, "Then we which are alive and remain shall be" ....... caught up together with them in the clouds/the resurrection, or the respire, or the RECOVERING of the SAINTS/CHOSEN ONES. where? right here on EARTH.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course! Otherwise, if they were two separate time frames years apart, someone would put both in the same teaching to prevent such confusion. Just like putting Romans 8:9 and 10 together to prevent confusion, though some people still are. Oy vey! We are not in the carnal nature/flesh, but in the Spirit. But so someone wouldn't confuse one flesh with the other, the body, the next verse explains that the body of flesh is NOT in the Spirit yet, and will still die because of Adam's sin. But that doesn't mean as false doctrines claim, that a born again nature still has sin in it. Only the mind and spirit died and has become resurrected immortal. And the body will still die and put on immortality later after it also is resurrected. Clear as day, except to the carnal mind that cannot relate. 1 Corinthians 2:14. The ignorant, still reads texts out of context, and misinterprets Romans 7:14-23 and 1 John 1:8 as being born again Christians, to justify their own struggle with sin. The problem there is not being born again of the SPIRIT. 1 John 3:9. I cannot stress enough that knowing who Jesus is and wanting Him to save us is not enough. That was me for the first 30 years of my life going to church and sinning everyday. But when I truly got honest with myself, and realized I couldn't be righteous on my own by knowing the Commandments, that I repented and wanted to be washed clean from the inside out. Then and only then did Jesus baptize me in the Holy Spirit. I wasn't even expecting it, but it was unmistakable. It was quite an experience. And the supernatural became part of my life as I got closer and closer to abiding in Jesus, and He in me.
Sister , i dont care what the pope says about ya , you know i loves ya . Now Let all PRAISE THE LORD .

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DISPENSATIONALISM from John Darby in 1830s Great Britain, is where the doctrine from men originates that a rapture of the Church is not the same event nor timing as Christ's second coming. Darby also succumbed to the false Pre-trib Rapture theory which his friend Edward Irving was preaching in his Church. Darby originally called the rapture a "secret" coming by Christ.

In order to try and explain away the Old Testament prophecies about Israel's gathering per God through His prophets, Darby, et al, created the idea of Israel gathered as a nation on earth, which Christ's Church is gathered into Heaven with Jesus, and that is supposed to be how Christ's future "thousand years" begins. Those ideas are not written anywhere in God's Word though, and there's the rub. Darby simply created that separation in his Dispensationalist theories so as to drum up support for his preaching a false pre-trib rapture theory.

The reality per God's Word instead is this:
1. Nowhere in The New Testament does any such doctrine of believing Israel being separated from Christ's Church ever appear. Instead, per Paul in Ephesians 2, he shows the Gentile believer who was once a stranger to the promises and covenants to Israel, have become nigh because of their belief on Jesus Christ, and have become part of what Paul called the "commonwealth of Israel". That is Apostle Paul linking the label of Israel directly to Christ's Church!

2. An Israelite born of one of the 12 tribes of Israel does not lose their heritage as Israel just by believing on Jesus Christ. Dispensationalism tries to quell this by quoting Paul about there being neither Jew nor Gentile, but all are one in Christ Jesus. All Paul is saying is that Christ's Church is a many-membered body of believers, doesn't mean one loses their heritage. This is proven by the fact that Jesus promised His 12 Apostles they each would sit upon a throne judging the 12 tribes of Israel in His future Kingdom. Thus God's Promises to Israel do not simply go away by an Israelite believing on Jesus Christ and becoming part of His Church. Instead, per what Paul taught, Gentile believers have become co-heirs to God's promises to Israel. This is why the remnant of Israel AND the believing Gentile, are both gathered together in final per the Old Testament prophets (Isaiah shows this in several places).

3. In the example of Ezekiel's temple per Ezekiel 40 through 47, that temple is Christ's future Millennial temple on earth He will reign from, along with His elect priests. The ONLY ones in that future time allowed to approach Christ are those Zadok priests (Zadok means 'The Just', a name for Christ's elect Church that reign with Him). Those priests are shown doing service in that future temple, on earth, in the middle east. So how will they perform their duties for Christ in that time if they are not on earth, for the Ezekiel 40 thru 47 chapters shows all that happening on the earth.

4. Per Revelation 20:7-9, at the end of Christ's future "thousand years" reign with His elect, the devil is loosed one final time to go deceive the nations of the unsaved. And he leads them upon the "camp of the saints" and the "beloved city" on earth. And in Revelation 5:8-10, we are shown Christ's priests in the future shall reign on the earth, which is about His Church. So how can the Church be raptured to Heaven to reign, when Scripture says we will reign on the earth with Jesus?

When the Scripture evidence just keeps piling up to show when a doctrine of men is just that, only a doctrine from some man or men, then it's time to drop that doctrine of men like a hot potato. Now those who have been clearly shown the difference by God's written Word, and still won't leave a false doctrine from man, that suggests they may have an agenda against Christ, or would rather serve themselves instead of Him.