Rapture vs. Second Coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I found this interesting and helpful. Below are distinctions between the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ. The first same number will denote what happens at the Rapture. The second same number will denote what happens at the Second Coming.

1 Rapture Translation of all believers to incorruptible body
1 Second Coming No translation at all
2 Translated saints go to heaven
2 Translated saints return to earth
3 Earth not judged
3 Earth judged and righteousness established
4 Imminent, any-moment, signless
4 Follows definite predicted signs including tribulation
5 Not in Old Testament
5 Predicted often in Old Testament
6 Believers only
6 Affects all men and women
7 Before the day of wrath
7 Concludes the day of wrath
8 No reference to Satan
8 Satan bound
9 Christ comes for His own
9 Christ comes with His own
10 Christ comes in the air
10 Christ comes to earth
11 Christ claims His bride
11 Christ comes with His bride
12 Only His own see Him
12 Every eye shall see Him
13 Tribulation begins
13 Millennial Kingdom begins

Blessings,

Reactions: justbyfaith

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this interesting and helpful. Below are distinctions between the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ. The first same number will denote what happens at the Rapture. The second same number will denote what happens at the Second Coming.

2 Translated saints go to heaven
2 Translated saints return to earth
3 Earth not judged
3 Earth judged and righteousness established
4 Imminent, any-moment, signless
4 Follows definite predicted signs including tribulation
5 Not in Old Testament
5 Predicted often in Old Testament
6 Believers only
6 Affects all men and women
7 Before the day of wrath
7 Concludes the day of wrath
8 No reference to Satan
8 Satan bound
9 Christ comes for His own
9 Christ comes with His own
10 Christ comes in the air
10 Christ comes to earth
11 Christ claims His bride
11 Christ comes with His bride
12 Only His own see Him
12 Every eye shall see Him
13 Tribulation begins
13 Millennial Kingdom begins

Blessings,
Well I can certainly see what is error and what is scriptural

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have to stop you right there. The Rapture takes place at the 2nd Coming. Therefore, the translation of the Church does take place at the 2nd Coming. Obviously, I'm not a Pretribulationist. You're drawing assumptions from the Scriptures that simply aren't there!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is no where that scripture says that the alive saints come back with Christ 7 years or 3 1/2 years later, only that when Jesus returns He will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. In other words, those who have already died.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no where that scripture says that the alive saints come back with Christ 7 years or 3 1/2 years later, only that when Jesus returns He will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. In other words, those who have already died.
Lady, you are seriously confused. Kindly take some time to carefully study the matter.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read and study that Scripture, since you just snapped out a response?

Do you think this is the first time I've studied this? I can snap out a huge amount of answers, just like you can. We've both studied, but I don't add to Scripture.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means you do not even know what the Second Coming entails. Start with Revelation 1:7.

Yes, that is the second coming. He comes with His angels.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.

Matthew 24:30
Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 24:31
And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 25:31
[ The Son of Man Will Judge the Nations ] “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.

Mark 8:38
For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Why don't you take a very close look at John 14:1-3, which was spoken in 30 AD by Christ Himself?

Wow you really are goofy that says nothing about made up Rapture heretical pagan beliefs that many of you evangelicals love.