Re: The RCC is not perfect

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The RCC is not perfect nor are most other Churches, They are run and administrated by Men, all men are flawed some are better then others. But we are not the judge.

In KJV. rev. 2 :1 Jesus found 1 out of 7 Churches that HE found no fault with. Lets let Jesus judge the Churches of today.

Can those the do not follow the teachings of Jesus... such as the catholics... be considered to be Christians?

If so, then are budists Christians too? What about all the other religions that have some morally good things to say but don't follow the teachings of Jesus, are they Christians too? Is it "Christian" just because they say they are with Jesus and it matters not if they are following the teachings of Jesus?

When one looks at some of the practices of the catholics and notice those practices are not from the Word of God, that is the deciding factor that they should not be considered to be Christian

This begs the question... is it OK to not follow Jesus' teachings or the teachings He gave us thru the writings the Lord gave us thru His Apostles in the Bible and we can still call ourselves Christians?

It seems like "Christianity" is very watered down and has non-biblical teachings added to it and everyone is all good with calling it Christianity

We know things went very bad for ancient Israel when they quit following the Lord's teachings of that time so this is why we see so many bad things happening to so many that say they are Christians but don't follow the teachings of Jesus which includes reform theology which is not biblical either.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote edited....

Can those the do not follow the teachings of Jesus...

It seems like "Christianity" is very watered down and has non-biblical teachings added to it and everyone is all good with calling it Christianity.

Amen, watered down, twisted, corrupted, ect. All are accepted under " this " umbrella, therefore I do not use the term.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can those the do not follow the teachings of Jesus... such as the catholics... be considered to be Christians?
Where is your PROOF? The TOS of this forum states as follows: "[*]Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christians."

Catholics identify themselves as Christians. Please do NOT say that Catholics "don't follow the teachings of Jesus." YES, THEY DO.
If so, then are budists Christians too?
If they believe in Christ, then YES.
What about all the other religions that have some morally good things to say but don't follow the teachings of Jesus, are they Christians too? Is it "Christian" just because they say they are with Jesus and it matters not if they are following the teachings of Jesus?
One of the teachings of Jesus is to NOT CONDEMN.
When one looks at some of the practices of the catholics and notice those practices are not from the Word of God, that is the deciding factor that they should not be considered to be Christian'
You only THINK the Catholic practices aren't from the "Word of God" because you've been listening to/reading anti-Catholic propaganda...and NOT actually doing the research.
This begs the question... is it OK to not follow Jesus' teachings or the teachings He gave us thru the writings the Lord gave us thru His Apostles in the Bible and we can still call ourselves Christians?

It seems like "Christianity" is very watered down and has non-biblical teachings added to it and everyone is all good with calling it Christianity

We know things went very bad for ancient Israel when they quit following the Lord's teachings of that time so this is why we see so many bad things happening to so many that say they are Christians but don't follow the teachings of Jesus which includes reform theology which is not biblical either.
What does JESUS say? Love God...LOVE each other. Unfortunately, SOME need to have "love" more specified.

By the way...the non-Catholic so-called "Christian" church isn't "perfect" either....

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This was the most in-depth writing I have ever done concerning the fundamental question of the Christian status of Catholicism. I’ve never been able to get an anti-Catholic to fully deal with the issue, in an honest debate. In fact, in 2007, I was so tired of trying to get into such a discussion, that I challenged six or seven prominent anti-Catholics (including Mr. White) to a “live chat” debate on the question. They all refused: most of them with rank insults.

Because of that, I decided that I would no longer seek to engage anti-Catholics in theological debate (apart from very few exceptions), since they refused to grapple with the root issue of what Christianity is, and why they think Catholicism isn’t Christian. One can’t really have a true dialogue until fundamental differences are addressed.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If so, then are budists Christians too? What about all the other religions that have some morally good things to say but don't follow the teachings of Jesus, are they Christians too? Is it "Christian" just because they say they are with Jesus and it matters not if they are following the teachings of Jesus?

When one looks at some of the practices of the catholics and notice those practices are not from the Word of God, that is the deciding factor that they should not be considered to be Christian

Have you found a perfect church?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was the most in-depth writing I have ever done concerning the fundamental question of the Christian status of Catholicism. I’ve never been able to get an anti-Catholic to fully deal with the issue, in an honest debate. In fact, in 2007, I was so tired of trying to get into such a discussion, that I challenged six or seven prominent anti-Catholics (including Mr. White) to a “live chat” debate on the question. They all refused: most of them with rank insults.

Because of that, I decided that I would no longer seek to engage anti-Catholics in theological debate (apart from very few exceptions), since they refused to grapple with the root issue of what Christianity is, and why they think Catholicism isn’t Christian. One can’t really have a true dialogue until fundamental differences are addressed.

it takes 2.

You can not say someone else is not having a true dialog when you yourself are not.

Thats why these so called debates are prety much useless.. Because neither side is open that they may be wrong..

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big Boy, I asked you FOUR days ago, where's your "proof" that Catholics don't follow the teachings of Jesus.

Care to answer?

Reactions: Ritajanice

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Big Boy, I asked you FOUR days ago, where's your "proof" that Catholics don't follow the teachings of Jesus.

Care to answer?
Big boy won't answer Bob's question, he won't answer yours either since he refuses to grapple with the root issue of what Christianity is, and why they think Catholicism isn’t Christian. One can’t really have a true dialogue until fundamental differences are addressed. Throwing baseless insults on a board and then running away is not dialogue nor is it discussion.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, watered down, twisted, corrupted, ect. All are accepted under " this " umbrella, therefore I do not use the term.
The blind holler and the blind who sit under them say as one , WE SEE , WE SEE
but the lambs DO NOT HEED THEM . be on gaurd sister . A MASSIVE MOUTAIN OF DECEPTOIN RISES TO MERGE
all , not in the lambs book of life to merge as one UNDER a lie . And all not in the lambs book of life ARE GONNA BUY IT .
But the lambs HAVE BOUGHT THE TRUTH AND SELL HER NOT . An end time climatic final hour is at hand .

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big boy won't answer Bob's question, he won't answer yours either since he refuses to grapple with the root issue of what Christianity is, and why they think Catholicism isn’t Christian. One can’t really have a true dialogue until fundamental differences are addressed. Throwing baseless insults on a board and then running away is not dialogue nor is it discussion.
Yeah, I get it. Guess I'm just trying for that ONE LAST straw...

It just irks me though. I mean, it's like so many say, "The Catholic church/does this, and the Catholic church does that...and the Catholic church doesn't do stuff that's 'biblical'..."

Too many just don't want to get it.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blind holler and the blind who sit under them say as one , WE SEE , WE SEE
but the lambs DO NOT HEED THEM . be on gaurd sister . A MASSIVE MOUTAIN OF DECEPTOIN RISES TO MERGE
all , not in the lambs book of life to merge as one UNDER a lie . And all not in the lambs book of life ARE GONNA BUY IT .
But the lambs HAVE BOUGHT THE TRUTH AND SELL HER NOT . An end time climatic final hour is at hand .
Proverbs 23:
23.Buy the TRUTH, AND SELL IT NOT; also WISDOM, AND INSTRUCTION, AND UNDERSTANDING.
24 The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
25 Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

His "strength is made perfect in weakness"--not Buddhist or Muslim weakness, but Christian weakness. We are the chosen, a light unto the gentiles (nations).

But do not misunderstand those of other nations or even religions. God is good, and has made allowances for all according to His own placement and appointing.

As for this present darkness, all of history is under darkness--ours. We are that darkness, as were those of every generation. But this is the Lord's patience at work, "that all should come to repentance"..."but each one in his own order" and time.

Reactions: Illuminator

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, I get it. Guess I'm just trying for that ONE LAST straw...

It just irks me though. I mean, it's like so many say, "The Catholic church/does this, and the Catholic church does that...and the Catholic church doesn't do stuff that's 'biblical'..."

Too many just don't want to get it.
They talk much about end time persecution while they persecute Catholics with endless misrepresentations, lies and falsehoods.

1703897174321.png

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 23:
23.Buy the TRUTH, AND SELL IT NOT; also WISDOM, AND INSTRUCTION, AND UNDERSTANDING.
24 The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
25 Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love the Easters and gospel music!
Guess that makes me a bible idolizer and one of gospel music messages also
The holy scriptures were inspired of GOD and not men
and today a lot of what the many try and pass off as scripture and truth is THE PRIVATE interpretaions of mens own doctrines .
GUESS which DOCTRINE the sheep are gonna read and heed. THE BIBLE .
They can call us what they like , but the sheep wont be moved peroid . THE LORD has the sheep . YES , THE LORD has the sheep .
Now raise those hands and let the LORD be praised . IN THE BIBLE WE STAY .