Reasons Jews Reject Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.” (Titus 3:10-11)

I presume that means you won’t continue to try to persuade him.

Do you equate heresy with apostasy?

JohnD

Jan 24, 2024
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

Another messianic prophecy from the 351 to prove that JC was the messiah:

Gen. 9:26,27...The God of Shem will be the Son of Shem...Lu. 3:36

Here it is, Noah is speaking here: “He also said, "Blessed by the LORD my God be Shem; and let Canaan be his slave. God enlarge Japheth, and let him dwell in the tents of Shem; and let Canaan be his slave."

According to the Baptists, not only is this a messianic prophecy, but it also says that ‘The God of Shem will be the Son of Shem.’ Does anybody see anything like that in the text? An honest mistake of the honest Baptist? When you look at the frequency of these “honest mistakes”, that is a little hard to believe. A not so honest mistake maybe? Read on and draw your own conclusions.

351 Old Testament Prophecies Fulfilled In Jesus Christ | New Testament Christians.Com

Even the name "New Testament" is not correct: It points to the new covenant that G.d will make with the Jewish people. Paul claims that this is done through Jesus. Paul says in Hebrews 10:15-17; "Whereof the Holy Ghost is also a witness to us, for after he had said before: This is the covenant that I will make with them, after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My laws in their heart and in their minds will I write them. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more." This is written in Jeremiah 31:31-34; "Behold, the days come saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah. Not according the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which my covenant they broke, although I was as a husband to them, saith the LORD. But this shall be the covenant that I make with the house of Israel: After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in there inward parts and write it in their hearts, and I will be there G.d, and they shall be my people. And they shall no more each man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying: Know the LORD, for they shall all know me, from the least of them till the greatest, saith the LORD, for I will forgive their iniquity and I will remember their sins no more."

Are we now in the days that everybody knows about the LORD (Y-H-W-H)?----.That nobody has to teach his neighbor about G.d?

Obviously not!

So even the reference to the new covenant, the "New Testament", is not correct.

The New Covenant HaShem (Jeremiah 31:31-34) is making with the [spirit] house of Yisro'el and the [spirit] house of Yehudah which the Apostle Paul (Rav Shaul) explained in:

Romans 9:6 (KJV)
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Romans 2:28–29 (KJV)
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Philippians 3:3 (KJV)
3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Jeremiah 31:31–34 (KJV)

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law††† in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

†††
1 Corinthians 9:21 (NIV84)
21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law.

And knowing YHVH is knowing that Yeshua Jesus IS YHVH (John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16 / Isaiah 44:24) and (John 8:58 / Exodus 3:3-15).

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

What I'm saying is that there are a lot of rabbi's with whom I disagree.

I’d like to ask you specifically about the Talmudic rabbis.

“It’s worth noting the method that Rashi employs, which the rabbis of the Talmud also used; he takes a biblical statement by God but breaks it up with other statements, not actually found in the Bible, that subtly shift or elucidate the meaning of God’s words, …”

(Elie Wiesel, Rashi, p. 43)

Do you agree that that is what the rabbis did? If so, do you approve of them employing that method to interpret scripture?

Reactions: NayborBear

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought an excellent topic for Apologetics is how to counter the reason the Jews reject Jesus. Form SIX REASONS WHY JEWS DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS:
Reason #1 – The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.​
Reason #2 – Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles – Jesus did not do this.​
Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Jesus failed to achieve this.​
Reason #4– Worldwide Reign of Peace – Jesus did not accomplish this.​
Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.​
Reason #6 – Universal Knowledge of G-d – Jesus clearly failed here also.​
I believe a bridge to fellowship begins by saying we can understand how they can look at it this way. However, there is another sense in which the story of Jesus qualifies as the true Jewish Messiah. Thoughts?
To me one of the main reasons the Jews rejected Jesus was because He sat with sinners. Peter feared the same rejection when the Jews came in and Peter didn’t want to be seen sitting with the Gentiles. Those Jews had a stronghold on who sits with whom …so much so people feared rejection by them.

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me one of the main reasons the Jews rejected Jesus was because He sat with sinners. Peter feared the same rejection when the Jews came in and Peter didn’t want to be seen sitting with the Gentiles. Those Jews had a stronghold on who sits with whom …so much so people feared rejection by them.

People forget that not all Jews rejected Jesus. Almost all of his many followers were of course--- Jews.

It's the "religious Jews" that rejected him, and yes-- for just the reason you mention. It was those who considered themselves too pure, too righteous, and too good to associate with him that missed him entirely. They opposed him and the way he was, the way he did things, the way he said and taught things.... they just couldn't wrap their heads around the idea that this guy had things right and that they had things wrong. This is evidence enough that Jesus was not the white-robed, pure and perfect messiah that they themselves were waiting for. It's evidence that he was not what they expected or wanted or could accept.

Yet he was the messiah. The man didn't meet their expectations---- and I absolutely love that about him.

• Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People forget that not all Jews rejected Jesus. Almost all of his many followers were of course--- Jews.

It's the "religious Jews" that rejected him, and yes-- for just the reason you mention. It was those who considered themselves too pure, too righteous, and too good to associate with him that missed him entirely. They opposed him and the way he was, the way he did things, the way he said and taught things.... they just couldn't wrap their heads around the idea that this guy had things right and that they had things wrong. This is evidence enough that Jesus was not the white-robed, pure and perfect messiah that they themselves were waiting for. It's evidence that he was not what they expected or wanted or could accept.

Yet he was the messiah. The man didn't meet their expectations---- and I absolutely love that about him.
Thanks for reminding me that not all Jews rejected Him. One verse I’ve been glued to this week is Hebrews 5:2 Lexicon: he can deal gently with the ignorant and misguided, since he himself also is beset with weakness;

I can’t get over “tenderly” or “gently”, that is why I keep going back to it over and over again as a reminder.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The true worthy Jews did come to Jesus in fact ! The rest were not worthy Jews at all, but lead astray by this world that is full of deceptions and delusions in fact ! Jesus exposed them all as of their Father who was a murderer and a liar from the beginning !
The Vineyard story points out who it was who was killing Gods Prophets in fact !

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

JohnD

Jan 24, 2024
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought an excellent topic for Apologetics is how to counter the reason the Jews reject Jesus. Form SIX REASONS WHY JEWS DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS:
Reason #1 – The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.​
Reason #2 – Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles – Jesus did not do this.​
Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Jesus failed to achieve this.​
Reason #4– Worldwide Reign of Peace – Jesus did not accomplish this.​
Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.​
Reason #6 – Universal Knowledge of G-d – Jesus clearly failed here also.​
I believe a bridge to fellowship begins by saying we can understand how they can look at it this way. However, there is another sense in which the story of Jesus qualifies as the true Jewish Messiah. Thoughts?

#1- Matthew 1 / Luke 3 Jesus qualified
#2- The Jews were already returned to Eretz when his first advent occurred and he has been gathering benai Yehudiym for a century prior to his second coming
#3- Zechariah 6:12-13 / 1 Corinthians 3:16 teaches the temple Yeshua Jesus builds is the body of believers in him
#4- True Christianity is the peaceful reign of a kingdom of priests (Revelation 1:6 / Revelation 5:10 / 1 Peter 2:3-9) which HaShem desired in Yisro'el (Exodus 19:6) but did not realize under the Old Covenant because of the rebellion in Exodus 32 (where the Levitical priesthood was commissioned).
#5- Even Moshe posed all things as a choice. From the blood of the pascal lamb on the first Pesach to following the Moshiakh who he deferred to above even his own ministry (Deuteronomy 18:15-19). And Jeremiah 31:31-34 specifies a distinction between the Old Covenant Torah (Moshe) and the New Covenant Torah (Moshiakh) Yeshua Jesus brought this about in his own blood (Isaiah 52:13-53:12)
#6- The Gospel of Yeshua Jesus has spread the world over through many generations for some 1500 years