Reasons Jews Reject Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, so I'm reading but @ least they haven't reached their LAST BREATH yet! There is still HOPE IN PRAYER!!!!!
Many here don't want to be corrected, but there is hope. I am more than willing to receive correction when I am wrong or in error.

2Ti_2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Blessings
Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, so I'm reading but @ least they haven't reached their LAST BREATH yet! There is still HOPE IN PRAYER!!!!!
I just want to leave you with this-

Hos_4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee,-

I have a feeling there is a leaning toward the Word of Faith movement by many-
Just my observation.
Johann.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many here don't want to be corrected, but there is hope. I am more than willing to receive correction when I am wrong or in error.

2Ti_2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Blessings
Johann
Warned is armed!
Refusing the warning of the word, brings one's OWN destruction upon themselves, in THE END !!!!

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Warned is armed!
Refusing the warning of the word, brings one's OWN destruction upon themselves, in THE END !!!!
I see this Forum as a ministry-holding myself accountable to a few brothers-but haven't heard from them for some time.
If and when you see ERROR in what I post-feel at liberty to correct me-I give you my permission, but not to others.
I have a wealth of information and can't wait to share for the edification of other members.
Shalom
Johann.

Reactions: Cassandra

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not deflecting. You're just totally wrong.

Find a Bible and learn Jesus was not a created being. The Bible will tell you so.

Oh, and abandon the cult that lies about the Savior. That's actually the best first step.

Praying God calls you to his salvation.
Another point that shall ever and always defeat those who errantly insist Jesus, who was God, was a created being is this simple challenge. Prove it! Show a scripture, in proper context, that states absolutely that Jesus was a created "being".

It does not exist.

To say Jesus was a created being is to deny his divinity. And it is to imply Jesus, when he was God the Father, being created necessarily means God was too. When Jesus and God are one and the same, that is precisely what 'Jesus creationists" are stating.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Another point that shall ever and always defeat those who errantly insist Jesus, who was God, was a created being is this simple challenge. Prove it! Show a scripture, in proper context, that states absolutely that Jesus was a created "being".

It does not exist.

To say Jesus was a created being is to deny his divinity. And it is to imply Jesus, when he was God the Father, being created necessarily means God was too. When Jesus and God are one and the same, that is precisely what 'Jesus creationists" are stating.
There "go to verse"

Col_1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

nothing here that Jesus was a "created being"

God the Father

The Bible quotes God the Father as confirming the fact that Jesus Christ is not only a prophet, but God Himself, the Son of his love:

"... and a voice came from heaven, 'Thou art my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.'" Luke 3:22 RSV
"He was still speaking, when lo, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, 'This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; Listen to him.'" Matthew 17:5 RSV

"For to what angel did God ever say, 'Thou art my Son, today I have begotten thee?' Or again, 'I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?' And again, when He brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'Let all God's angels worship him.' Hebrews 1:5-6 RSV

And,

"But of the Son he (God) says, 'Thy throne O God, is for ever and ever, the righteous scepter is the scepter of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, thy God, has anointed thee with the oil of gladness beyond thy comrades.'" Hebrews 1:8-9 RSV
God is inspiring the prophet through His Holy Spirit to refer to Jesus Christ as God. If the Father calls Christ God, should we beg to differ?

Jesus Christ

Throughout the New Testament, we find Christ applying to himself titles and attributes of God that are used in the Holy Bible. This fact strongly indicates that Christ believed he was God. In the following sections we will examine these claims:

God

Luke 8:1-37 records Jesus casting demons out of a man living in tombs. After healing the man Luke states,

"The man from whom the demons had gone out begged to go with him, but Jesus sent him away, saying, 'Return home and tell how much God has done for you.' So the man went away and told all over town how much Jesus had done for him." Luke 8:38-39
The man correctly understood that the God who had done great things for him was the very One who stood before him. Hence, Jesus equates himself with God, a fact understood by the individual to whom Jesus' words were addressed and confirmed by Luke to be correct.

Almighty

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen. "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:7-8
The One coming is the Pierced One, Jesus Christ. Thus, we have Jesus himself testifying to the fact that He is the Almighty One.

The impact of this passage has left anti-Trinitarians desperately searching for a refutation of the notion that the speaker in verse 8 is Christ. One such response is to suggest that the speaker is God the Father since in Revelation 1:4b-5 he is addressed as the one "who was, is, and is to come":

"... Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the Seven Spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth...."
In this passage Jesus is seen as one who is distinct from the one "who was, is, and is to come". Hence, Jesus cannot be the one speaking in 1:8.

We offer three responses to this assertion:
It should be pointed out that scripture often uses titles interchangeably for both Father and Son. An example of such can be found in 1 Timothy 6:15-16 and Revelation 17:14 where both the Father and Son are called "King of kings and Lord of lords". Therefore the title of "who was, is, and is to come," presents no particular difficulty for the Trinitarian since this is one of the many titles used for both.
The context of 1:4-5 ends at verse 6:
"... and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father - to him be glory and power forever and ever! Amen."
This establishes that Revelation 1:7-8 has no connection to the previous verses, and therefore opens up a new context altogether. The context of this particular passage deals specifically with the identity of the One who is to come, namely the One that was pierced. Based on this fact, verse 8 can only be referring to that "One" spoken of in the previous verse.

Finally, scripture itself is clear that the Father manifests himself and reveals his invisible qualities through the visible manifestation of his Son, Jesus Christ:
"Then Jesus cried out, 'When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one that sent me.' " John 12:44, 45
"He is the image of the invisible God..." Colossians 1:15

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word..." Hebrews 1:3

In light of these passages, the notion of "the one who is to come" can only be referring to Jesus Christ, and the Father's revelation of himself through him alone. These preceding factors present an irrefutable case that Revelation 1:8 refers to Jesus Christ as the Almighty.

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand; I and the Father are one." John 10:27-30
Christ is claiming to have the same power that God the Father has, indicating that Jesus possesses within Himself infinite power. Just as no man can pluck anything from the awesome hand of God, so it is with the Son, showing that both Father and Son share the same essence and nature equally.

Lord

"You call me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am." John 13:13
Christ affirms his divine Lordship to his disciples in this verse. In an attempt to deny the implications of Jesus' words, anti-Trinitarians argue that "Lord" does not refer to deity but to a respectful form of address such as "Teacher" or "Master." This argument is nullified by the fact that Christ is both "Teacher" and "Lord", indicating that "Lord" is used by Jesus to denote divinity, hence distinguishing it from the title "Teacher." This refutes the assumption that Jesus uses the term Lord simply to show his role as a master of his disciples.

Supporting this exegesis is the fact that Jesus is even identified as the Lord of all, the very Lord of all the earth:

"You know the word which he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace by Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all)," Acts 10:36
"For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living." Romans 14:9

"These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth... and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which is allegorically called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was CRUCIFIED." Revelation 11:4, 8

The Lord of the earth is identified later in the very same chapter as the Lord who was crucified, i.e. Jesus is the crucified Lord of all the earth!

Shalom
Johann.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you, but i don't think we are supposed to talk about this, via the moderators.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I agree with you, but i don't think we are supposed to talk about this, via the moderators.
Thank you @Cassandra-if we cannot talk about this, Scripturally-Biblically-what stands written-then we might just throw in the towel and allow the JW's to completely take over this Forum.
Not only the JW's-but the Word of Faith movement.
Thanks for your input.
Shalom
Johann.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not deflecting. Christ Jesus is a begotten / created being; begotten / created by His God and my God, by his Father and my Father.
Physically _ begotten, born of the virgin Mary ... but not His Spirit. He was with the Father in the beginning. For "in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God ... and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." John 1:1 &14
..."who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, ...
But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom." Heb. 1:3 & 8

"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist."
Col. 1:16-17

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Physically _ begotten, born of the virgin Mary ... but not His Spirit. He was with the Father in the beginning. For "in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God ... and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." John 1:1 &14
..."who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, ...
But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom." Heb. 1:3 & 8

"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist."
Col. 1:16-17

We’ve had this conversation before. You haven’t changed your mind and I haven’t changed mine. I respect that.

In summary, I consider the Geneva Bible rendering of John 1:1-5 to be a superior translation and the Messiah’s own faith / belief in God for interpreting / understanding OT and NT scripture.

I agree with the Apostles’ Creed that the Messiah’s God and my God, without the agency of anyone else, is the creator of heaven and earth.

I’m an Ante-Nicene Christian.

Beyond that, this forum prohibits further discussion on the matter.

Reactions: Wrangler

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you @Cassandra-if we cannot talk about this, Scripturally-Biblically-what stands written-then we might just throw in the towel and allow the JW's to completely take over this Forum.
Not only the JW's-but the Word of Faith movement.
Thanks for your input.
Shalom
Johann.
Actually, I believe the Forum believes Jesus is God.

From the Mod team:

"At the moment, we only have issue with one particular topic, which is "The Trinity".

This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God" Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.

Thank You

May you be blessed mightily here at Christianity Board

The Christianity Board Moderating Team"

Reactions: Helen

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Actually, I believe the Forum believes Jesus is God.

From the Mod team:

"At the moment, we only have issue with one particular topic, which is "The Trinity".

This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God" Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.

Thank You

May you be blessed mightily here at Christianity Board

The Christianity Board Moderating Team"

Guess I will be banned then-standing for truth @Cassandra.
Johann.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not. You cut in on a conversation I was having with someone else. It‘s that person that I’m referring to.
My post 776 quotes your post wherein you stated you are not deflecting.

My reply to you and that statement was:You're not deflecting. You're just totally wrong.
Therefore, when you replied to that you were speaking in third person since it is clear to whom I addressed. You.
Copy and paste below.
I’m not deflecting. Christ Jesus is a begotten / created being; begotten / created by His God and my God, by his Father and my Father.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My post 776 quotes your post wherein you stated you are not deflecting.

My reply to you and that statement was:You're not deflecting. You're just totally wrong.
Therefore, when you replied to that you were speaking in third person since it is clear to whom I addressed. You.
Copy and paste below.

My post #635 was in response to another person’s post, #633, wherein that person had asserted that I was deflecting. I denied his assertion. You then entered that conversation - welcome but uninvited - and agreed that I was not deflecting, asserting instead that I was wrong. At no point was I speaking in the third person.

His and my conversation was that of a Jewish monotheist (me) and a trinitarian (him). Your and my conversation is that of a unitarian (you) and a Jewish monotheist (me).

This isn’t complicated. You jumped in the middle of a conversation and, apparently, didn’t trace it back far enough.

This should clear it up. If it doesn’t then I don’t know what else to tell you about it. I was speaking about him, not about myself, in post #780.

You have more in common with the trinitarian than I do. I no more embrace his big picture theological point of view than he does yours or mine.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My post #635 was in response to another person’s post, #633, wherein that person had asserted that I was deflecting. I denied his assertion. You then entered that conversation - welcome but uninvited - and agreed that I was not deflecting, asserting instead that I was wrong. At no point was I speaking in the third person.

His and my conversation was that of a Jewish monotheist (me) and a trinitarian (him). Your and my conversation is that of a unitarian (you) and a Jewish monotheist (me).

This isn’t complicated. You jumped in the middle of a conversation and, apparently, didn’t trace it back far enough.

This should clear it up. If it doesn’t then I don’t know what else to tell you about it. I was speaking about him, not about myself, in post #780.

You have more in common with the trinitarian than I do. I no more embrace his big picture theological point of view than he does yours or mine.
No, it isn't complicated.It's rather simple. You have an issue with being proven wrong.

My remarks to you were to you. Not a thing to do with any other person to whom you were speaking. That's obvious. Except to you.
Nothing more to say.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not deflecting. Christ Jesus is a begotten / created being

Begotten. It means created. Look it up.

No, it isn't complicated.It's rather simple. You have an issue with being proven wrong.
Your claim that Matthias has been proven wrong has been proven wrong.

(Indeed, other than you expressing your opinion as authoritative, I've seen you submit no proof whatsoever, no evidence to support contradictions exist in reality. Offspring are created by their father's. One cannot be a son or daughter and not be created - by definition. The real question is why do you assert a contradiction?)