Reasons why you are very unwise to trust your church’s doctrines

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
[SIZE=10pt]Alternate title [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Choose this day whom you will believe: Scripture and the Holy Spirit, or your church.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Reasons why the churches historically have taught false doctrines[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Satan is [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]“the god/ruler of this age/world” (2 Cor 4:4, John 12:31)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]“the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world” (Revelation 12:9)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]“the whole world lies in the power of the evil one” (1 John 5:19)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]“there is no truth in him ... he is a liar” (John 8:44) [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]… [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]So it was very easy [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]for him to deceive the large church organizations (EOC, RCC, and Protestant)![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Many church leaders have been fleshly-minded instead of spiritually-minded,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]so they were easily led by Satan to deviate from God’s New Testament pattern.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Many leaders have been primarily interested in your praise and your tithes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]There have always been leaders who are only “hired hands” (John 10:11-13),[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and who do not put the welfare of Christ’s church first. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Not everyone who appears to be holy and righteous really are so. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Jesus gave many warnings about being deceived by false teachers![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Satan did not want the churches to continue to have the spiritual power of[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]NT times … which was a powerful confirmation of the truth of the gospel,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]and which produced many deliverances and healings of all kinds.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Many leaders did not want to acknowledge that God had anointed others [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]with powerful spiritual gifts when they had not been! They might look quite[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]spiritually inferior and might risk losing their power, prestige, and their jobs![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Many leaders wanted to be in control instead of having God be in control.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And they did not want those whom God chose to have any spiritual authority.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Increasingly, leaders have taught only popular and non-threatening doctrines.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]### All of the above have resulted in a historically weak and powerless church![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]• Yes, the time has come when people will not endure sound doctrine; they wish [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]to turn their ears away from the truth and be turned aside to fables (2 Tim 4:3-4). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Warning: If you believe lies, they will take dominion over you![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]We are seeing the great apostacy prior to the coming of the antichrist (2 Thes 2:3).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Examples of false doctrines taught in many churches[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]-- man is not born with an inherited sin nature[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]-- once saved always saved[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]-- cessationism (i.e. the 9 spiritual power gifts and the Spirit baptism have ceased)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]-- pre-tribulation rapture (Jesus gives the true sequence of events in Matthew 24) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Many Christian internet radio programs are adamantly against today’s churches[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]for reasons such as these [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Silence re: the millions of Christians being slaughtered in other countries[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Bowing down to government policy … some accept Islam as another way,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]some give the government personal data about their members, etc.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Teaching a very watered-down and powerless gospel [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Not teaching deliverance from demons (this is important for several reasons)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]• Teaching a pre-trib rapture (this does not prepare for our coming persecution)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A suggestion: Start a house church with like-minded serious believers who[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]desire to be totally free to search out spiritual truths without opposition.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]This will help you break away from long-held biases and false doctrines.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The bottom line[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Trust Scripture and the Holy Spirit (but not your church) for your salvation![/SIZE]

Reactions: DaDad

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought we are suppose to trust the doctrine of Jesus Christ in his beloved church that he died for.

I know, it must be the true church.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi BG,

Bible_Gazer said:
I thought we are suppose to trust the doctrine of Jesus Christ in his beloved church that he died for.
I believe individuals comprise the "church". And we are to judge everything we are told, -- in which "judge" suggests that we PERSONALLY investigate, study, pray, and receive the TRUTH of a matter:

1 Cor 14
26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. .... 29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said. 30 If a revelation is made to another sitting by, let the first be silent. 31 For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all be encouraged; 32 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. 33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

With Best Regards,
DD

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DaDad said:
Hi BG,

I believe individuals comprise the "church". And we are to judge everything we are told, -- in which "judge" suggests that we PERSONALLY investigate, study, pray, and receive the TRUTH of a matter:

1 Cor 14
26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. .... 29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said. 30 If a revelation is made to another sitting by, let the first be silent. 31 For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all be encouraged; 32 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. 33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

With Best Regards,
DD
Well I don't think its a natural building ?

There is a unity of the saints to be together - seem like that is what the book of Ephesians is about and not to be separated.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi BG,

Bible_Gazer said:
There is a unity of the saints to be together ...
Whether the "unity" is in a classroom or in a church under ANY teaching, I'm like Reagan -- trust but verify. And I believe this is the exhortation from "evangelist-7".

Ref: 1 Cor 14

With Best Regards,
DD

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
If indeed you have recieved the Holy Spirit and have been forgiven of your sins By Jesus.....

then your spirit will regonize false teachings in a herat beat.

Just like Jesus and John jumping in the womb...........they knew each other....

So my spirit jumps for joy within me when I hear a regonized teaching..........goooooooooooooose bump thing...ya know :)

Praise The Lord :)

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
To All,

RANDOR said:
If indeed you have recieved the Holy Spirit and have been forgiven of your sins By Jesus.....

then your spirit will regonize false teachings in a herat beat.
RANDOR is correct. That's why he refutes the FALSE "four world empire sequence" which the church teaches, and believes the TRUTH presented by Daniel Chapter 2:

Dan. 2
41 And as you saw the feet and toes partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom
45 ... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold ... = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE

brakelite said:
DD, it is not a fifth kingdom that is divided, it is the fourth kingdom of Rome that is divided. And history confirms this as a correct understanding.

RANDOR said:
AMEN BRAKELITE....................Only this knowledge can be given by your lord Jesus

Yes..........only a born again Christian who has been touched (physically) by Christ has such knowledge.

Proud of you..................for your testimony in Christ speaks the fruit....which was told...you will know my people by their fruits.

Oops. I was wrong. It appears that neither brakelite or RANDOR got it right after all.

Maybe they simply need the Holy Spirit. So do YOU have the Holy Spirit, and can you discern what Scripture teaches, versus what the church teaches?

With Best Regards,
DD

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
DaDad said:
To All,

RANDOR is correct. That's why he refutes the FALSE "four world empire sequence" which the church teaches, and believes the TRUTH presented by Daniel Chapter 2:

Dan. 2
41 And as you saw the feet and toes partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom
45 ... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold ... = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE

Oops. I was wrong. It appears that neither brakelite or RANDOR got it right after all.

Maybe they simply need the Holy Spirit. So do YOU have the Holy Spirit, and can you discern what Scripture teaches, versus what the church teaches?

With Best Regards,
DD
What? we didn't get it right?....darn it.....I was never good at tests.

Let me see if i can make you Happy...Happy...Happy

Not all churches are false teachers.....if ya don't attend a church......you make satan very happy...happy...happy.

But we are trying to pass your test here.....sorry got off track :) Really don't understand why you would say we don't have the Holy Spirit. baffles me actually.

Born Again, love Jesus with all my heart.....actually Jesus is sitting right here....but I don't have the Holy Spirit......what makes you think I don't have the Holy spirit.....curious.

Holy Spirit...Holy Spirit...Holy Spirit........let me see.......yes I did recieve the Holy spirit when I asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins 26 years ago when He appeared in my mothers garage.

Has He appeared to you?

Oh-yes...I almost forgot...I also have the Holy Ghost............speaking in tongues........

Now recieving that was a trip...............WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa God is good :)

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi RANDOR,

RANDOR said:
.I also have the Holy Ghost............speaking in tongues........
Great! So per your assertion that the Holy Spirit leads you into all truths, here's a second chance to tell me exactly how many world empires Scripture defines:

Dan. 2

And if you don't believe what Scripture plainly depicts, and still insist that the church "correctly" teaches Four, then please explain how the " feet and toes " is not a "divided kingdom"; and also provide an alternate explanation for GOD's Intelligent Design sequence of 4,3,5,2,1, if it isn't intended to convey a FIVE world empire sequence.

With Best Regards,
DD

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
HUH? :wacko:
Why would I care how many world empires scripture defines.

Seriously....why would I want to know that?.....now if Iknew that....I would know that......so.......what good is it to know that?...now...if I knew that and it strengthened my faith more.....then I would be glad I knew that.

But...if you want to tell me the answer to that question...I will be more than happy to hear it.

But trust me............as of now............I'm not rocked.

Actually, it reminds me that I also don't know how much the moon weighs.

Actually......I know less than I know.

But one thing I know for sure is......

JESUS IS LORD †......................and actually..........that's all I need to know...........everything else is but a chasing of the wind.

Oh...one more thing......since you think I don't have the holy spirit.........

then me thinks...............you are still searching for what I already found :)

And why do i say that..........because.......you should be jumping for joy as I would you....if you told me you have been saved.
So...........I see it is more important to you to talk about Jesus instead of meeting Him.

For if you have met your savior Jesus.........my spirit would regonize yours.......but.....it doesn't seem to.
Because you would be more happy that I am your brother in Christ...instead of some scripture junky.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi RANDOR,

RANDOR said:
HUH? :wacko:
Why would I care how many world empires scripture defines.

Are there TWO RANDOR's?

Apparently one of them posted the following, regarding brakelite's assertion that Daniel 2 presented FOUR world empires:

RANDOR said:
AMEN BRAKELITE....................Only this knowledge can be given by your lord Jesus
(see the excerpts above in Post #8, or the complete discussion in the Topic: "America in the Bible", posts #55 - 61, http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/19990-america-in-the-bible/page-2)

If it was another "RANDOR" who posted that he agreed with a Four world empire scenario, then please allow him/her to defend why he/she agreed with a Four world empire scenario, when Scripture says FIVE:

Dan. 2

With Best Regards,
DD

PS -- You might want to have a talk with the person in the mirror to see which one of you will be responding to this Post. Additionally, you might want consider having him/her open a second identity in this FORUM (i.e., RANDOR-2) to minimize confusion between your differing perspectives.

To All,

Regarding the Topic "America in the Bible", I would argue that where Daniel 2 presents a FIVE world empire scenario, for which the FIFTH is "divided" into a 3-superpower era with a 4th one-world-government, that the United States is depicted as the "eagles wings" in Daniel 7, and is depicted in Daniel 11 as "one of the princes" of the U.K., which superseded the U.K. "king of the south", and assumed that "king of the south" mantle.

However, because the church has many false teachings, -- one of which is that Daniel 2 only presents a Four world empire scenario --, that the TRUE student of Scripture must carefully evaluate EVERY teaching which comes from the thoughts of man, (i.e., teacher, professor, pastor, etc.).

With Best Regards,
DD

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP sounds like a call to insecurity and resentment of neighbor. Go out and love others, but make sure you hate everything about them and by no means trust what you hear in church! Your only hope is to read the Bible literally; of course, if your understanding of the literal interpretation differs from the most fatalistic jerk at church, you are probably a liberal loving, private interpreter of the Bible and need to repent.........but should you really repent? I mean, we all know we cannot trust anything we hear at church......

Another 'hole in the bucket' scenario........

Reactions: Pelaides

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
DaDad said:
Hi RANDOR,

Are there TWO RANDOR's?

Apparently one of them posted the following, regarding brakelite's assertion that Daniel 2 presented FOUR world empires:

(see the excerpts above in Post #8, or the complete discussion in the Topic: "America in the Bible", posts #55 - 61, http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/19990-america-in-the-bible/page-2)

If it was another "RANDOR" who posted that he agreed with a Four world empire scenario, then please allow him/her to defend why he/she agreed with a Four world empire scenario, when Scripture says FIVE:

Dan. 2

With Best Regards,
DD

PS -- You might want to have a talk with the person in the mirror to see which one of you will be responding to this Post. Additionally, you might want consider having him/her open a second identity in this FORUM (i.e., RANDOR-2) to minimize confusion between your differing perspectives.

To All,

Regarding the Topic "America in the Bible", I would argue that where Daniel 2 presents a FIVE world empire scenario, for which the FIFTH is "divided" into a 3-superpower era with a 4th one-world-government, that the United States is depicted as the "eagles wings" in Daniel 7, and is depicted in Daniel 11 as "one of the princes" of the U.K., which superseded the U.K. "king of the south", and assumed that "king of the south" mantle.

However, because the church has many false teachings, -- one of which is that Daniel 2 only presents a Four world empire scenario --, that the TRUE student of Scripture must carefully evaluate EVERY teaching which comes from the thoughts of man, (i.e., teacher, professor, pastor, etc.).

With Best Regards,
DD
Ok Ok Ok..........................dusted off the mirror.....................actually that was quite funny..............seriously...you made me laugh.
okokok...let me go back up and read again.................maybe I missed something...now we are up to 5 instead of 4...got it.
ok.....I went back up...................i'm tired that was quite a climb.......................oh by the way............it's me :)

Here's my answer............it's a little squimish....but here goes.

It looks like I didn't have a clue what any of you were talking about..............so........it looks like I didn't have a clue either what I was talking about :(

Now........................for the record.....................that doesn't usually happen..................but........it happened here.

My bad.

We be cool....................................just going to sneak out of here quiet like...no grand exit """""""""""""""""""""""""""">

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hey RANDOR,

RANDOR said:
We be cool....................................just going to sneak out of here quiet like...no grand exit """""""""""""""""""""""""""">
Glad we can have fellowship, and hope I wasn't offensive, -- as I too (belatedly) saw that you had apparently jumped into the middle of a conversation regarding the Four versus the Five, without grasping the discussion.

And hopefully, we are all OK with each other, -- but at the same time, I hope you will continue your spiritual growth in ALL Scriptural topics, as instructed by Jesus:

Matt. 14
14 “So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’[d] spoken of by Daniel the prophet,[e] standing where it ought not” (let the reader understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let him who is on the housetop not go down into the house, nor enter to take anything out of his house. 16 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 17 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 18 And pray that your flight may not be in winter. 19 For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be. 20 And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

... for these days are upon us, these events are fast approaching, and we are called to have this knowledge. Thus my participation in this Forum. :)

With Best Regards,
DD

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I disagree with the OPs examples of false teachings, but I also disagree with the fact that the church teaches there things. Men teach false doctrine and men teach proper doctrine. The Word of God needs to be properly divided in order to ensure men do not teach false doctrine and we must test ALL things. We may be His sheep but we have to be able to give a reason for the hope that is within us.
The church is NOT the denom or the building, the church is believers. WE are the Body of Christ. The more we get together on what we do agree about the less we will argue about what we don't, but the Word of God shows us what is and isn't true. No one ever goes wrong reading and studying the Word of God. We are assured of that.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
StanJ said:
I disagree with the OPs examples of false teachings, but I also disagree with the fact that the church teaches there things. Men teach false doctrine and men teach proper doctrine. The Word of God needs to be properly divided in order to ensure men do not teach false doctrine and we must test ALL things. We may be His sheep but we have to be able to give a reason for the hope that is within us.
The church is NOT the denom or the building, the church is believers. WE are the Body of Christ. The more we get together on what we do agree about the less we will argue about what we don't, but the Word of God shows us what is and isn't true. No one ever goes wrong reading and studying the Word of God. We are assured of that.
Like this very much!
Floyd.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Evangelist-7

What do you think of the first Corinthian church ? Up to your standards ?

How about the 7 churches in Revelation?

The church I attend glitters like pure gold in comparison

Why do you dislike the church ?

Something eating you ?

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring!

Sadly I have to agree with the OP in too many places, ie, agreeing to disagree regarding the person of Satan as he's out of commission since the Cross, however his agencies are in full operation of course. The reason I'm responding is only to bring forward the most damnable perverted doctrine - "Doctrine of election." Encourage all to scrutinize their Churches' doctrines begining and ending with the "Doctrine of election" from the Gospel's aspect verses the Epistle's aspect.

Old Jack

Reactions: RANDOR

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
shturt678 said:
Thank you folks for caring!

Sadly I have to agree with the OP in too many places, ie, agreeing to disagree regarding the person of Satan as he's out of commission since the Cross, however his agencies are in full operation of course. The reason I'm responding is only to bring forward the most damnable perverted doctrine - "Doctrine of election." Encourage all to scrutinize their Churches' doctrines begining and ending with the "Doctrine of election" from the Gospel's aspect verses the Epistle's aspect.

Old Jack
How exactly is "Satan out of commission"?