Rebellion, freewill, and covid

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH Ferris.... I am sooooooo sorry to hear this report. Are you starting to feel sick??
I felt bad on Tuesday, worse on Wednesday. I told myself last night that I'll get tested if I don't improve or get worse. But today I feel a lot better. Hopefully, I still have some antibodies still in my system from the first bout with it, and so I won't get put down by it this time.

And how sick did you get the first time??
Pretty sick, but I've had worse colds and flus. The biggest thing was it lasted much longer than a cold or flu and that it completely sapped my energy. I got dehydrated early on and that caused a problem but I bounced back overnight from that once I realized the problem and drank a lot of water. Dehydration causes the lungs to plug up more. And it was scary. I'm guessing that's why many people go to the hospital when they have Covid.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate the politics of this.... It's a medical crisis... NOT a political one.
And that is THE problem with this whole thing. It's being politicized. If we would just address it sanely from a purely medical point of view we'd have a good handle on it. But as it is, we have the 'no rules' crowd fighting the 'oppressive rules' crowd and so we miss the rational truth right in the middle between these two extremes. You know, like how the church is, lol.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And that is THE problem with this whole thing. It's being politicized. If we would just address it sanely from a purely medical point of view we'd have a good handle on it. But as it is, we have the 'no rules' crowd fighting the 'oppressive rules' crowd and so we miss the rational truth right in the middle between these two extremes. You know, like how the church is, lol.
That point was shown here in this thread sadly.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have said my peace. Humility is such a beautiful attribute and sadly... it seems to be the one least found in so many Christians.
@Addy Phlippians 2 speaks of the Lord Jesus Who 'humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross'.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is also a test for believers to stand up to the machinations of evildoers and refuse to worship at the altar of COVID-Moloch!
No, God is not telling us to resist what he has ordained in these end times. You can't change it. You're just making it worse when you do that.

Reactions: Addy

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we would just address it sanely from a purely medical point of view we'd have a good handle on it. But as it is, we have the 'no rules' crowd fighting the 'oppressive rules' crowd and so we miss the rational truth right in the middle between these two extremes.

Not necessarily,

If we take all the vax/don't vax stuff and remove it completely....

We still have a "disease" which could be both a biological weaponized agent and possible attack coupled with a "vaccine" that is clearly non standard and a lot of stress put upon medical professionals to "toe the line".

Its not established yet that we actually have heard the "purely medical point of view".

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, you are stalking me?
You and I have spoken privately... I have been away for a few weeks... and NO I have not been stalking you or anyone else.
When new people come in... I like to get a feel for where they are coming from...

I have been here just over a year... I have developed some friendships... and some people I am not able to agree with... or even get along with due to their lack of RESPECT for others... It's my pet peeve. What you witnessed in this thread and chose to comment on without knowing the history is one of those things... It happens.

I have said my peace... I don't make it a habit to do what I did today... but when I see attitude... sometimes I speak my mind.

Reactions: Truman

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not established yet that we actually have heard the "purely medical point of view".
That's because it's being suppressed for political reasons.

And just for the record, I'm not anti-vax. I'm pro-choice in regard to me/myself/ and I and the getting of the vaccination. So far, I'm opting to risk getting covid again. For ME and my situation that's more predictable and manageable than the unknowns surrounding a new and untested vaccine. So far I'm not regretting my decision. Blood clots seem to be a common side affect of the vaccine. Besides them not working, or not working for very long, lol. And it appears getting vaccinated doesn't prevent you from being a spreader, lol!

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I have spoken privately... I have been away for a few weeks... and NO I have not been stalking you or anyone else.
When new people come in... I like to get a feel for where they are coming from...

I have been here just over a year... I have developed some friendships... and some people I am not able to agree with... or even get along with due to their lack of RESPECT for others... It's my pet peeve. What you witnessed in this thread and chose to comment on without knowing the history is one of those things... It happens.

I have said my peace... I don't make it a habit to do what I did today... but when I see attitude... sometimes I speak my mind.

And that's all perfectly understandable and to a point I agree with you and your reasoning. Carry on.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because it's being suppressed for political reasons.

And THATS what concerns me most

And just for the record, I'm not anti-vax. I'm pro-choice in regard to me/myself/

Same

My issue goes a little deeper as it involves my career and much of it as a "Dragon Soldier". ( mine is not a typical "layman's opinion" per se)

This whole thing wreaks of something much more sinister but that's educated speculation.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And just for the record, I'm not anti-vax. I'm pro-choice in regard to me/myself/ and I and the getting of the vaccination. So far, I'm opting to risk getting covid again. For ME and my situation that's more predictable and manageable than the unknowns surrounding a new and untested vaccine. So far I'm not regretting my decision. Blood clots seem to be a common side affect of the vaccine. Besides them not working, or not working for very long, lol. And it appears getting vaccinated doesn't prevent you from being a spreader, lol!
I am also pro-choice... Sadly there seem to be far too many Christians who have made this a political war. If you get vaccinated... you are deceived... unwise... NOT WOKE.... blah blah blah... I don't understand what has happened to the Christians... Some of this strife is probably normal... People seem to think they can say whatever they want behind a keyboard... but I really am just shaking my head at what I am seeing and hearing... It's SAD. It's like a delusion of sorts.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am also pro-choice... Sadly there seem to be far too many Christians who have made this a political war. If you get vaccinated... you are deceived... unwise... NOT WOKE.... blah blah blah... I don't understand what has happened to the Christians... Some of this strife is probably normal... People seem to think they can say whatever they want behind a keyboard... but I really am just shaking my head at what I am seeing and hearing... It's SAD. It's like a delusion of sorts.
@Addy My wife and I have gotten both the shots; it just seemed the sensible thing to do, really.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My wife and I have gotten both the shots; it just seemed the sensible thing to do, really.
I do believe and expect that MOST people will agree with your thinking... thus choose to get vaccinated...
I live as a recluse... I do not travel... I do not eat out at restaurants or frequent shopping malls... I avoid all large crowds... I have lived like this
for years... I live on a lake... and I live alone... I have chosen NOT to get vaccinated due to my lifestyle and the fact that I am not trusting of this vaccine... I don't feel I have to justify or explain my choice to anyone.

A few weeks ago... I got informed by my landlords that they felt it was my duty to get vaccinated.... I set that story straight in a hurry. I have lived here 6 years... my apartment is a tiny converted garage..... I love my landlords very much... but I draw that line at being TOLD what I have to do.

My daughter has been vaccinated because of her work and duty to travel. THERE is no issue to me... DO or DON'T ... What I don't agree with is those who are making a spectacle of this issue.... and I don't agree with the media blaming the outbreaks on the UN-VACCINATED. There is an agenda there for sure.

I watch the National ( our Canadian nightly news ) once a week... just to stay a bit informed... other than that... the only time I am reminded of covid is in these forums.

I am not concerned with what the world is saying and doing... but I am truly disturbed with what the CHRISTIANS are doing and saying.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, God is not telling us to resist what he has ordained in these end times. You can't change it. You're just making it worse when you do that.
Quite the opposite. When Nebuchadnezzar erected his golden image and commanded all men to worship it upon pain of death, what did Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego do? They resisted, rejected, and refused to worship that image. And God did not allow them to be burned up. In fact their total resistance brought glory to God.

Now Satan wants you to worship at the altar of COVID-Moloch. Therefore it is now your turn to reject that idol, since that is exactly what we are seeing. All life is revolving around COVID-Moloch, and the results are disastrous.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite the opposite. When Nebuchadnezzar erected his golden image and commanded all men to worship it upon pain of death, what did Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego do? They resisted, rejected, and refused to worship that image. And God did not allow them to be burned up. In fact their total resistance brought glory to God.

Now Satan wants you to worship at the altar of COVID-Moloch. Therefore it is now your turn to reject that idol, since that is exactly what we are seeing. All life is revolving around COVID-Moloch, and the results are disastrous.
Friend, receiving a vaccination is not worshiping an idol. It's not even a sin.

Even in the event that the authorities order us to take the vaccination, obeying the authorities is not worshipping an idol. Come on, you should know this. The authorities have not made this a religious issue in any way shape or form. They're not asking you to bow down to and serve a false god. I have heard nothing whatsoever that the vaccine is in some way being given to stop you from worshiping the true God and worshiping a false god. If/when they start doing that, then I'll resist. Until then I'm going to do what the governing authorities say to do, just as the Bible says I am to do. But so far no one's ordering me to take the vaccination.

Reactions: amadeus