Rebellion, freewill, and covid

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They will not be able to enforce this rule for ESSENTIAL services. It's already happening in social settings like restaurants.
Change a little...the public adjusts, change a little...the public adjusts, etc. They know what they're doing. They don't want a mass revolt.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I weighed getting Covid again against the unknown effects of the vaccines and decided I'd go with getting Covid again, which I might have again.

I got Covid the first time last November because a couple of people I work with did not quarantine themselves when they knew they'd been directly exposed to it and one even had it. And now the same thing is happening, and it sure changes your perspective on the matter of people's rights and freedoms vs. the good of other people. I don't think we should do nothing at all about this. The problem is, the things that are being done aren't very well thought out. We do not have wise leadership here in the US. And apparently not in other countries as well.
Do you take zinc?

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will not falter, I will not faint, the joy of the Lord is my strength! - Twila Paris

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is THE problem with this whole thing. It's being politicized. If we would just address it sanely from a purely medical point of view we'd have a good handle on it. But as it is, we have the 'no rules' crowd fighting the 'oppressive rules' crowd and so we miss the rational truth right in the middle between these two extremes. You know, like how the church is, lol.

The above is a nice evaluation of the issue - however it is still missing Jesus Christ and us looking to Him - as The Truth!

As the "church" we should all be looking to Him and listening to His voice!! We need to know what He has to say to us personally. That is what the Bible tells us to do.

Now if we do look to Him we will find out that He is like explained in the Bible. Where it is written that knowledge will increase, do we not understand that He is behind knowledge, especially when it is knowledge that helps us. What interest does Satan have in helping us develop vaccines. Still to be sure we should talk to the Lord, each of us personally.

The Lord explained that if we "harken to His voice" then He would bring none of these diseases on us. So we have a pandemic - what does that tell us in general about listening to Him voice?

Now that doesn't mean we won't get old, or still have problems. It is also written that all flesh is like grass and fades away, and there is something about it being given for us all to die once. That was because men and women have not listened to Him like we should. And let us all be honest with ourselves, we don't listen to Him like we should!!! I know I don't. I usually hear His small voice about a dozen times a day - which is a very sad statement considering that He is always with me. And I have notice that other people - Christians - are not different. So we need - as a group - to seek Him more. He has rules! He is not oppressive! He has the Truth! He is not a crowd fighting!

So what exactly is the problem, really????

Honestly the problem is that we people (all of us) tend to be rebellious and so we don't turn to Him like we should for advice, instruction, counsel, and The Truth!!

So do we believe the Great I Am, who is The Truth, our Teacher, The Wonderful Counselor, our Savior, and whose name is called "The Word of God" because He talks to us via His Holy Spirit communicating with our Spirit, is actually there to be inquired of??? Do we believe in Him??