Reformers month (part 2)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what you’re saying here, i see a lot of others say. And i have to say i disagree with it. Why?? Because i dont think that our will is stronger than Gods will. The biggest issue i see that people have with calvinism is that of free will. If God has already decided on a course of action, it WILL happen. We cannot ever thwart Gods plan.
Noone seeks God on their own. That means God has had to do something to change the peoples hearts of those who are saved. Most people dont like it when i say this, but we have no choice in the matter of our salvation.

when i look at the people that God used the most, i see flawed people, murderers, adulterers, that ended up being some of the best servants of God. When God changes us to salvation, its no less different. But i also dont believe my will is stronger than Gods. All things are possible with God, He can save anyone He wants.

LOL Free will is not about struggling against the will of God.
God made Man with the will to choose. The will to believe. The will to have faith. The will to obey. Be good and do good.
What good are friends if you controlled their choice to like or a wife to love you?
Predestination puts God in the position of being the Monstrous Puppet Master.
You have faith...not to your credit. Child molester...not your fault God made you do it. Nothing to your credit and nothing to your fault. It equates to empty faith and obedience.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made Man with the will to choose. The will to believe. The will to have faith. The will to obey. Be good and do good.
What good are friends if you controlled their choice to like or a wife to love you?
You have faith...not to your credit. Child molester...not your fault God made you do it. Nothing to your credit and nothing to your fault. It equates to empty faith and obedience.

so you dont believe in predestination, or the doctrine of election i take it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you dont believe in predestination, or the doctrine of election i take it.

I believe God has the power of predestination not the religion of predestination. Reading the Bible as a whole we can see that God does work with people. He does choose champions....LOL....but they my not be a good as He had hoped.

The concept of predestination as a religion or as reality as a puppet show, is like a horror flick. Entity makes beings to be robots and there is no escape!

Can God elect....? Nothing is impossible with God. Did Christ possess the Apostles, or did He ask them? And if history is matter of God's planning, all the death and suffering and misery....I would wonder if He enjoys those that are suffering. I this the God we worship? It would seem to be very poor planning...and for what? There are so many levels that Calvinism blasphemes God then much less it does not make sense at several levels. John Calvin came up with his beliefs because he could not figure out the Bible...more or less through his hands up and said....God did it!

As far as the elect....Calvinism elect is self edifying....Look at me I am the elect! The elect is anyone and all the choose Christ by their own free choice. The choose to love Him. They chose to obey Him. They chose to do good for one another.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

<<<God made Man with the will to choose. The will to believe. The will to have faith. The will to obey. Be good and do good.>>>

Phil. 2:13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

2 Pet. 1:1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained (lachousin) like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Romans 11:
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

Romans 11:36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Tong
R4850

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God has the power of predestination not the religion of predestination. Reading the Bible as a whole we can see that God does work with people. He does choose champions....LOL....but they my not be a good as He had hoped.

may not be as good as He had hoped???????
Yet another person who believes that God doesnt know how everything will turn out. Unbelievable. So God knows how many hairs we have on our head, all 7.5 BILLION people alive on this planet right now, but God doesnt know how well people will turn out.

wow, some of yall AMAZE me with your nonsensical beliefs. Clearly you think God isnt in control and this bus ride has no brakes, we’re going down hill, its raining, and theres a curve coming up, and theres no driver since God is sitting in the back with the rest of us.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
may not be as good as He had hoped???????

King David laying on the ground kissing Jonathan.....1st Samuel 20:41

“I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; You have been very pleasant to me. Your love to me was more wonderful Than the love of women. 2nd Samuel 1:26

King David and his men kill 200 men for their foreskins....David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king’s son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage. 1st Samuel 18:27

King David commits adultery....and has her husband killed so He can have Bathsheba 2nd Samuel 11:1-27

King Solomon worships other gods and built shrines for them....1st Kings 11:4-8

Jacob's magic rods that made animals fertile.....Genesis 30:36-43

Jacob marries into a family of witches....Using Mandrakes (Belladonna) as an aphrodisiac. Genesis 30:14-18 The child born of that event was named Issachar and he was the patriarch of one of twelve tribes of Israel.....the male version of Ishtar the goddess of fertility and sex?

The household hid their idols before meeting the Lord...Genesis 35:1-2

Yet another person who believes that God doesnt know how everything will turn out. Unbelievable. So God knows how many hairs we have on our head, all 7.5 BILLION people alive on this planet right now, but God doesnt know how well people will turn out.

LOL You have confused clairvoyance with predestination. God is clairvoyant and is capable of predestination, but clairvoyance is knowing the future and predestination is controlling it. So yes God would know how people would turn out by their own choices, but predestination is modifying those choices or events.

wow, some of yall AMAZE me with your nonsensical beliefs. Clearly you think God isnt in control and this bus ride has no brakes, we’re going down hill, its raining, and theres a curve coming up, and theres no driver since God is sitting in the back with the rest of us.

No God is not in control of our lives and He did not cause the brakes to fail.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

God is, at least that’s how I see and know Him.

Can’t imagine God not in control of His creation.

If God is not in control of your life, who is? Are you in control of your life?

If not your life, even while perhaps you claim to have surrendered your life to Him, what do you say does God control?

Tong
R4851

Reactions: HisLife

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

wow!! There it is again, PRIDE!!! The arrogance to think that you are in control, but God is not.

“Lord, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct”
Jeremiah 10:23

“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”
Proverbs 19:21

So what denomination are you grailhunter? I have dealt with jehovahs witnesses on here, and crazy catholics, which cult are you from??

Reactions: HisLife