Regarding the Holy Spirit and His gifts I believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rearding the baptism of the Holy Spirit, spiritual gifts and some other things I believe;

• 1. Yes, I know this is for today and all gifts including tongues, are yet given to believers.

• 2. There is no secondary experience from God once you truly become a Christian.

• 3. Those who speak in tongues are completely deceived, this is not from God at all.

• 4. Spiritual gifts, including tongues passed away after the time of the apostles ended

• 5. Those lacking baptism in the Holy Spirit lack God's anointing and power

• 6. My denominations teaching on this is true. Baptism in the Holy Spirit is not for now.

• 7. Jesus no longer speaks directly to believers, only through the scripture

• 8. Miracles of healing are not for today, modern medicine and doctors are our means of healing

• 9. Much of the bible is allegorical and never really happened.

• 10. I am a Christian but Jesus Christ is not God Almighty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can anyone here interpret tongues? Because if prayer language is real I want to make sure I didnt convince myself mine is when it is not...
I have been given the interpretation of my own when I pray and you can interpret your own as well....all you have to do is ask God for the interpretation.

I shared this when I first came here. It is from a thread I started....Anyone else have these dreams and visions of 2018?
So this is an example:
This morning I was in prayer and my spirit became heavily grieved....I could only pray in tongues and as I prayed the grief became stronger and I cried uncontrollably....when this lifted I sat and listened to what the Lord had to say.....

He said lift your praises unto me so that the host of heaven may hear and reply and respond to your cry....Praise me in knowing that I am the El Shaddai, Adonai, the Lord of your salvation....I have sent forth the battle cry....as it increases it indicates I am even nearer, I will keep you under my wings, you will dwell in my shadow and my angels will be before you engaging in the battle set before the nations of the world.....Lift your praises unto me for the battle has begun and the victory is mine.....Lift your praises unto me that the host of heaven may hear and know that you stood in faith trusting in my Word.....I have commanded the angels to blow the horn and send out the battle cry....Rise up my Mighty Warriors and go out to the world declaring the Kingdom of the Lord is hear!

So understand that I have been hearing from God for years now....when I first started praying in tongues I never asked for the interpretation....later in life I learned to ask for the interpretation.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can anyone here interpret tongues? Because if prayer language is real I want to make sure I didnt convince myself mine is when it is not...

If you are as worried as you seem to be...then just put it all "on the shelf" until you receive peace in your heart.
Our walk is by Faith...and at the moment yours seems to be very shaken.
There is no condemnation...just rest in the Lord.

You seem a little obsessed with having to understand what you are saying in tongues. That is ONLY for the church gathering.

In private we prayer in tongues and allow the Holy Spirit to speak into the life of whoever we are praying for. When your little girl was sick..I had no idea what was wrong with her...so I prayed for her in tongues...that allowed the Holy Spirit to act in her life.
I have had a burden in the Spirit at times, to pray for people I do not know and have never seen...in different countries of the world.

WHAT I am praying about for them? I have No idea.
It is none of my business, ... I am just God's vessel and channel.
I pray until I have a witness a release in my spirit and a knowing that I have 'prayed through'.

On a rare occasion I have a slight knowledge of what type of tongue I am using ..ie intercession, warfare, blessing or whatever.

If God wanted you to know what you were praying He would tell you.
But like I say...if you have doubts...shelve it, until you have peace and trust in the Lord.

But, don't muddle up private tongues , be it intersession, warfare, blessing , or our personal pray and worship together before the Lord.
...with the Church service where it is for and 'to' the Body of Christ ..when there the 'message in tongues' needs an interpretation to edify the Body of Christ.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read Frank's post from the quote. Good stuff to think about since I have begun having doubts again. The doctrine I was taught is good foundation, but I always want to grow closer to God and seek out what His Word says for myself. Sometimes it is hard to know what God is telling me when so many I love that do follow Christ warn me of a certain way. And tongues are one of those topics. I want to make sure I am basing things off the Bible alone. Because since I don't know what I am saying in tongues, and can see the scriptures both ways now...it is hard to decide. I stopped praying with them again until I know for sure. I do believe in all the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Just with tongues, I don't know which way. I don't feel as if though talking in tongues is as important as being empowered by the Holy Spirit. Tongues is just evidence. But praying in tongues isn't what empowers...I keep going back and forth and don't like middle ground. I got to go back and read now after this post.
Don't feel like the lone ranger, Mayflower. It can be frustrating when our views waver like that. As long as we have our core Christian beliefs about Jesus and what He did for us, we shouldn't lose sleep over them. But, yeah-frustrating sometimes o_O

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't feel like the lone ranger, Mayflower. It can be frustrating when our views waver like that. As long as we have our core Christian beliefs about Jesus and what He did for us, we shouldn't lose sleep over them. But, yeah-frustrating sometimes o_O

Thank you. I for sure know that! The grey areas I am unsure about drive me crazy!!!!! But I don't want to eat in them.and believe it solely based on what someone says, a dream I had, whatever. I want to know I believe based on God's Word alone, and I am unsure how to view what that scripture says. I have a leaning I have to pray about.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I typed my tongues once and put it in google.
Turned out to be a language from some very small foreign country.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I typed my tongues once and put it in google.
Turned out to be a language from some very small foreign country.
yeah uh-huh and you knew how to type the spelling of that language.....lol. Funny!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no reason to want to convince anyone of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit...i came new
to Christianity, had not read anything....anyhoo, I was dragged to a Charismatic Bible
Conference in 2009... I have been known to be polite, ha....2.75 hrs later I went to the altar for a healing cuz my friend elbowed me in the ribs to go up..short version I got healed alright.
Next night got Bap in the Holy Spirit....and this is what I have to say to those on the outside looking in the window while reading their Bibles saying there are no Gifts...
you have no idea.
Thank you God i knew nothing and had no concepts fed to me from anyone or from a page. I had no idea of the words slain on the spirit...would never have imagined i would pray in tongues...I certainly had no idea i would simply touch people ..1 an atheist no less and they would get spontaneously healed.

I had no idea I would lay in bed one afternoon with the severest sunstroke in all my life...knowing i had to cancel my BBQ cuz my entire day would be ruined ...a problem since I was a teen...but within One minute of me praying in tongues...1 minute...
all my severe symptoms were gone.
I could go on and on.
I have no interest to convince a doubter...but i luv talking to my companions here and telling them what they already know to inspire their hearts after maybe a tough day....don't forget to pray in tongues daily my dear friends here...be blessed...enjoy the Gifts...the same today and as in the past. xo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no reason to want to convince anyone of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit...i came new
to Christianity, had not read anything....anyhoo, I was dragged to a Charismatic Bible
Conference in 2009... I have been known to be polite, ha....2.75 hrs later I went to the altar for a healing cuz my friend elbowed me in the ribs to go up..short version I got healed alright.
Next night got Bap in the Holy Spirit....and this is what I have to say to those on the outside looking in the window while reading their Bibles saying there are no Gifts...
you have no idea.
Thank you God i knew nothing and had no concepts fed to me from anyone or from a page. I had no idea of the words slain on the spirit...would never have imagined i would pray in tongues...I certainly had no idea i would simply touch people ..1 an atheist no less and they would get spontaneously healed.

I had no idea I would lay in bed one afternoon with the severest sunstroke in all my life...knowing i had to cancel my BBQ cuz my entire day would be ruined ...a problem since I was a teen...but within One minute of me praying in tongues...1 minute...
all my severe symptoms were gone.
I could go on and on.
I have no interest to convince a doubter...but i luv talking to my companions here and telling them what they already know to inspire their hearts after maybe a tough day....don't forget to pray in tongues daily my dear friends here...be blessed...enjoy the Gifts...the same today and as in the past. xo
Wow, this is so awesome to hear testimonies like this.....I grew up in a church that taught the gifts and operated in them so I suppose I was spoon fed...lol. But there was lady in my church that was much older than me who was a Catholic all her life but she had hunger for God and one day in during one of the services she was praying and all of a sudden the Holy Spirit came upon her and she began to pray in tongues....needless to say the church did not approve of this and gave her a chance to deny it and she just couldn't so she left the Catholic faith.

D

Dave L

Your turn Will come. You will have a desperate need that is outside the beliefs of that church you go to. Then you will ask God for the things you now deny. Job said it first.

Job 6:7 KJVS
The things that my soul refused to touch are as my sorrowful meat.

Job 4:5 KJVS
But now it is come upon thee, and thou faintest; it toucheth thee, and thou art troubled.

Denominationalism denies the continuance of God by denying His eternal gifts. Have you never read Ecclesiastes 3:14? Do you think it a coincidence that the mathematical constant PI, 3.14 about, which cannot be changed, heads the verse that states God does not change?

I feel for you because you have swallowed tradition and doctrine and spat out truth. You have swallowed the camel.

Pity for the powerless who throw the man's creation, denominations and traditions, in the face of God.

You will never have any power with God until you submit to His Holy Spirit and shake off the teaching of dead religion.
I cannot help if scripture limits the gifts of the Spirit to the two outpourings and to the apostles who gifted them through their hands. You are adding to scripture unless you can back your claims directly from scripture.

D

Dave L

Well I must Disagree! you have what you believe, and that's all good for you. But I believe that the time will come when what you believe will be refuted by the very power of God and Savior, through the Holy Spirit, and these Gift's will resurface into reality, for God and Savior are not going to lie, when he said that you, his believer's would do Greater Sign's than these! Not just the Apostles! IMO!
If you can refute my claims with scripture, I'll stand corrected. But no one has done this yet.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listening to some of this thread, I am reminded of the Seminary Professor who opened his first class by stating that he could "prove" all three of the, then, popular views of the Rapture (both Pro & Con) by using Scripture. Since I have aged a lot from those days, I have come to see that, in truth, almost anything, at all, can be "proven" by Scripture.
What CAN'T be changed by selective "Scripture Cherry-Picking" is the overall will of God.

Reactions: Helen

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guys...don't be even a little effected by doubters in the Gifts...we know what's what.:)
And no one needs to believe in them as current blessings to be wonderful people loved
by our Father.
If anyone feels insulted or riled up in any way...laugh it off...
we are overcomers in many ways...this is when we apply our strength not in faith, but
but in knowing by direct experience.
I will be using the Ignore option offered here...just because there's some dust
to be shaken off;
A lesson in not wasting any time...as Jesus didn't waste even a second of his, right? ;)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Listening to some of this thread, I am reminded of the Seminary Professor who opened his first class by stating that he could "prove" all three of the, then, popular views of the Rapture (both Pro & Con) by using Scripture. Since I have aged a lot from those days, I have come to see that, in truth, almost anything, at all, can be "proven" by Scripture.
What CAN'T be changed by selective "Scripture Cherry-Picking" is the overall will of God.

I totally agree Willie.
Playing the silly "show me a scripture" game is fruitless.
Anything and everything can be "proved" both ways by picking a Scripture verse. God reveals Himself and His Plan from Gen - Rev ...He unfolds His Will for mankind.

He has always been a God of the impossible...He has always done amazing things . He always will until the cry goes out..."Time No Longer."
Those who don't want to or cannot see Him or His Gifts happening in the day to day lives of His people...are the poor relatives in His kingdom. :oops:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Guys...don't be even a little effected by doubters in the Gifts...we know what's what.:)
And no one needs to believe in them as current blessings to be wonderful people loved
by our Father.
If anyone feels insulted or riled up in any way...laugh it off...
we are overcomers in many ways...this is when we apply our strength not in faith, but
but in knowing by direct experience.
I will be using the Ignore option offered here...just because there's some dust
to be shaken off;
A lesson in not wasting any time...as Jesus didn't waste even a second of his, right? ;)

Good post "Audrey" :D ( Sorry Miss "Catherine"... :) )

.....Thumb.gif

Last edited:

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have zero proof. But God has ample proof. Scoffers arguments are with God not men.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 KJVS
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it , that men should fear before him.

I never hear one denominational follower say one single thing that Jesus or the Holy Spirit said to them. Never even once.

He promised His sheep would know His voice.

God's gifts are for believers not for the denominationally indoctrinated.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew said of Judas, "Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the
temple and departed, and went and hanged himself" (Matthew 27:5).

Luke recorded Jesus as saying, "Go and do likewise" (Luke 10:37).
Therefore, are we to conclude that Jesus wants us all to go hang
ourselves? Silly, isn't it? However, this is the way some people approach
the Bible. They pick one verse here and another verse there, put them
together and come up with a doctrine. Such a procedure ends up leading
men into gross error.

When studying the Bible, the words must be kept in context. For instance,
when the New Testament says to "work with your hands" does it mean a
man must literally use his hands in his job--ditch digging, carpentry,
plumbing, etc.? If a man is an accountant, bank president, is he sinning?
The answer is no. The context reveals that a contrast is being made
between stealing for a living and working for a living (Ephesians 4:28).

Also, in 1 Thessalonians 4:11, 12, Paul is telling men to stick to their own
business, set a good example for others and be self-sufficient.
Let us be sure to keep the words in context lest we end up hanging
ourselves.

Steven F. Deaton

Reactions: Frank Lee and Helen