Regarding the Holy Spirit and His gifts I believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rearding the baptism of the Holy Spirit, spiritual gifts and some other things I believe;

• 1. Yes, I know this is for today and all gifts including tongues, are yet given to believers.

• 2. There is no secondary experience from God once you truly become a Christian.

• 3. Those who speak in tongues are completely deceived, this is not from God at all.

• 4. Spiritual gifts, including tongues passed away after the time of the apostles ended

• 5. Those lacking baptism in the Holy Spirit lack God's anointing and power

• 6. My denominations teaching on this is true. Baptism in the Holy Spirit is not for now.

• 7. Jesus no longer speaks directly to believers, only through the scripture

• 8. Miracles of healing are not for today, modern medicine and doctors are our means of healing

• 9. Much of the bible is allegorical and never really happened.

• 10. I am a Christian but Jesus Christ is not God Almighty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the charismatic gifts only came through the hands of an apostle. Except for the two outpourings. No apostles today = no true charismatic gifts.
Well you can keep your Cessasionism doctrines and be content....I have my beliefs and I will keep them....
Have a nice day.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul said they would expire and and they did along with the apostles who distributed them.

Well you are welcome to your opinion...but that is all it is.
An opinion.
As the true saying goes...
“A man with an experience in God ( and His Spirit) is never at the mercy of a man with only an argument.”

You in your very small corner...and I in mine.

D

Dave L

But not including eyesight I notice.
I wonder what else is not included...hummm
Actually that picture is several years old. I don't wear glasses. My Driver's Licence does not require glasses. The last time I had my eyes checked about a year ago, the D.O. said I had great vision and did not need glasses. The Lord has blessed me with divine health.

D

Dave L

Well you are welcome to your opinion...but that is all it is.
An opinion.
As the true saying goes...
“A man with an experience in God ( and His Spirit) is never at the mercy of a man with only an argument.”

You in your very small corner...and I in mine.
But scripture does not provide any other means for the distribution of the gifts beyond the two outpourings and through the hands of an apostle. We cannot have faith apart from scripture and scripture does not support your view.

D

Dave L

Well you can keep your Cessasionism doctrines and be content....I have my beliefs and I will keep them....
Have a nice day.
We need scripture to base our beliefs on. And none exists supporting your views.

D

Dave L

I asked you if you would pray for your child when the child is sick.
You avoided the question.
I would do better, I would not only pray for healing, I would teach the person how to live in good health according to God's word.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But scripture does not provide any other means for the distribution of the gifts beyond the two outpourings and through the hands of an apostle. We cannot have faith apart from scripture and scripture does not support your view.

1 John 2:27-28
[27] But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. [28] And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If I may ask! Are you saying that the chain of laying on of hand's from Apostles to their disciples was broken, some time in History, as to end the Gift's of casting out demon's, Healing, the dead being raised, and so on ? A simple yes or no will do! Thank's

D

Dave L

If I may ask! Are you saying that the chain of laying on of hand's from Apostles to their disciples was broken, some time in History, as to end the Gift's of casting out demon's, Healing, the dead being raised, and so on ? A simple yes or no will do! Thank's
The Apostles did not pass their authority on in Acts. Only they could impart the gifts. Casting out demons is not a spiritual gift. Exorcisms happen today in Jesus' name.

D

Dave L

1 John 2:27-28
[27] But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. [28] And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
All Christians have the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. But even in Acts, not all had the gifts. Only those whom the apostles laid hands on had them (apart from the two outpourings).

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Christians have the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. But even in Acts, not all had the gifts. Only those whom the apostles laid hands on had them (apart from the two outpourings).

I’ll be honest; I haven’t read the whole thread. I’m sorry if you have already stated it but what verse do you get “not all had the gifts” ...do you mean certain gifts like healing and tongues? Do you include pastor teacher?

D

Dave L

I’ll be honest; I haven’t read the whole thread. I’m sorry if you have already stated it but what verse do you get “not all had the gifts” ...do you mean certain gifts like healing and tongues? Do you include pastor teacher?
The "Charismatic Gifts". We still have pastors, teachers etc.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Charismatic Gifts". We still have pastors, teachers etc.

Never have understood how that one is not ever discussed as passing away in light of: 1 John 2:27
[27] But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I’m not saying we don’t need Pastor, teacher’s but that one is never mentioned as passing away. Why is that?

D

Dave L

Never have understood how that one is not ever discussed as passing away in light of: 1 John 2:27
[27] But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I’m not saying we don’t need Pastor, teacher’s but that one is never mentioned as passing away. Why is that?
You are confusing the temporal charismatic gifts, long expired, with having the Holy Spirit, which every believer has. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing the temporal charismatic gifts, long expired, with having the Holy Spirit, which every believer has. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

I get faith is the fruit of the Spirit. We can do nothing without Him. But pastor, teacher is also temporal and passing away. 1 Corinthians 13:1-12
[1] Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. [2] And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not (love which is Christ)charity, I am nothing. [3] And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor , and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. [4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. [9] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. [10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. [11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. [12] For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

“...knowledge, it shall vanish away.” With prophecies and tongues. Will we need healing once the temporal tent(the corruptible puts on the incorruptible...will we not be whole. As far as anointing goes: was not the head of the body anointed and would that anointing not cover the entire body. To say we have no need of a part of the body ...to operate and edify as a whole?

As you notice above: you can have faith to move mountains and still not have charity(Christ).

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostles did not pass their authority on in Acts. Only they could impart the gifts. Casting out demons is not a spiritual gift. Exorcisms happen today in Jesus' name.

Well I disagree! Act's 6:3 - Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and Wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
vers -5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude, and they chose Stephen,a man full of Faith and the Holy Spirit, and Phhilip Proch'o*rus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch, ver- 6 whom they set before the Apostles; and when they had Prayed, and laid hands on them. 7- Then the Word of God spread, and the number of disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the Priest's were obedient to the Faith'
ver 8- And Stephan, full of Faith and Power, did Great Wonder's and Sign's among the people! Stephan was not an Apostle, probably a Greek, but assuredly a Gentile! Stephan was chosen to do distribution to the widows, of the Greek believer's and now doing Sign's and Wonder's, do you think that through the laying on of Hands might have been the reason?

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

Well I disagree! Act's 6:3 - Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and Wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
vers -5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude, and they chose Stephen,a man full of Faith and the Holy Spirit, and Phhilip Proch'o*rus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch, ver- 6 whom they set before the Apostles; and when they had Prayed, and laid hands on them. 7- Then the Word of God spread, and the number of disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the Priest's were obedient to the Faith'
ver 8- And Stephan, full of Faith and Power, did Great Wonder's and Sign's among the people! Stephan was not an Apostle, probably a Greek, but assuredly a Gentile! Stephan was chosen to do distribution to the widows, of the Greek believer's and now doing Sign's and Wonder's, do you think that through the laying on of Hands might have been the reason?
The Apostles gave the gifts to Stephen, but he could not pass them on. Only apostles could do this. Phillip needed the Apostles to come to Samaria to impart the gifts to the Samarians. And he had the same gifts as Stephen.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostles gave the gifts to Stephen, but he could not pass them on. Only apostles could do this. Phillip needed the Apostles to come to Samaria to impart the gifts to the Samarians. And he had the same gifts as Stephen.

So you are saying that If Stephan had lived, He could in no way pass on what He received!