Regeneration before or after saving faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong:

bul·ly1
/ˈbo͝olē/
Learn to pronounce
Filter definitions by topic

See definitions in:
All
Savoury
Hockey
noun
  1. a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable.
verb
  1. seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable).
    "her 11- year-old son has been constantly bullied at school"
Thanks! I've bullied no one but I see this like the tactics of the Left: just accuse and people will believe it while you know the accusation is false and mere name calling meant to demean.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is best to keep to kicking the ball and not the players so that you don't weaken your position. The best way to correct a person if you think they are wrong is to show them through Scripture, rather than abusing them by accusing them of not practising what they preach, etc.
I actually have placed him on ignore now. I just wanted to expose what he was doing. Because it happens a lot I have fulfilled that, Now I will do what I did on the other thread. And cut off all communication. It is fruitless.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't have one without the other. For all practical purposes, they are the same thing.
And John 6 doesn't teach either.
You don't have to have all five points of calvinism in one chapter, you realize that right? Chapter six says nobody can come to Christ unless granted by the Father. If that isn't unconditional election I don't know what is.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep

And if you look at his posts to me for the past few years.

That is what he has done, Bully and intimidate people who do not agree with him.

Are you like him?
More name callings and falsities? Isn't it enough? Any more names?

Since you're in my home town, perhaps we could meet and reconcile? I consider you a brother. You consider me lost. But that's ok, I still love you and consider you a brother. Maybe if we met, you calm down, we look eye to eye I could lend toward reconciliation and show you face to face your errors, and we could both glory only in God.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to have all five points of calvinism in one chapter, you realize that right? Chapter six says nobody can come to Christ unless granted by the Father. If that isn't unconditional election I don't know what is.
No

It says no one can come to God on their own. That the power of God has to help them, Which true believers understand. No person ever came to christ without the help of Gd enlightening them and drowning them over a period of time (sometimes years0 Until they finally stopped resisting God and allowed God to do what he came to do which is to save them.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No

It says no one can come to God on their own. That the power of God has to help them, Which true believers understand. No person ever came to christ without the help of Gd enlightening them and drowning them over a period of time (sometimes years0 Until they finally stopped resisting God and allowed God to do what he came to do which is to save them.
Scripture?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just posted the scripture man

I just gave a different interpretation. Then made a general statement that no one teaches what some claim others teach, that people can come to God on their own..

Take i or leave it.
Actually you gave something that is not even written. It's your own made up thing.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually you gave something that is not even written. It's your own made up thing.
Whatever

NO one can come unless God draws them. It means no one can come unless God has done something to draw them to himself. Many people it takes years. Some can actually come in a short amount of time. One things that has never happened is no one has come by their own power.

Something that a few of you have accused us of teaching I do not know if you have, But just saying, I called attention to one this morning..

The fact, You have your interpretation I have mine, You want to believe you way, Feel free. its a free world.. But don’t judge people because they disagree with you.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And since chapter 12:32 says that Christ will draw ALL MEN to Himself, it means that the Father grants the Son what the Son desires.
Out of context. The FULL CONTEXT of that chapter shows that is meaning both Jews and Greeks. Salvation is not exclusive to the Jews. So no, it means the Father has selected people to send to Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And since chapter 12:32 says that Christ will draw ALL MEN to Himself, it means that the Father grants the Son what the Son desires.
Many are called. Few are chosen.

Not everyone who is called and drawn by God will end up as God as children. John 6 is a clear example of this. As many who were called And Jesus drew to himself ended up walking away in unbelief.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever

NO one can come unless God draws them. It means no one can come unless God has done something to draw them to himself. Many people it takes years. Some can actually come in a short amount of time. One things that has never happened is no one has come by their own power.

Something that a few of you have accused us of teaching I do not know if you have, But just saying, I called attention to one this morning..

The fact, You have your interpretation I have mine, You want to believe you way, Feel free. its a free world.. But don’t judge people because they disagree with you.
I will absolutely call out unbiblical teaching.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many are called. Few are chosen.

Not everyone who is called and drawn by God will end up as God as children. John 6 is a clear example of this. As many who were called And Jesus drew to himself ended up walking away in unbelief.
There is a GENERAL call. But not all are drawn, literally dragged, to Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
30 Jesus answered and said, lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” 33 This He said, signifying by what death He would die.

All men, Nothing here distinguishing one an or one people group from another..