Regeneration before or after saving faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of us have sovereignty. In a kingdom, the ppl don’t tell the king what to do. That’s rebellion. Not sovereignty.
Anthony asked me "Have you come to Jesus in repentance and faith?"
How does this question make sense when it is believed that on one has any will to come to Jesus?

For some clarification: Armemenians don't believe that we tell the King what to do either. But rather than we accept the King's judgement & will.

Reactions: Renniks

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking my: yes, I have come to Jesus in repentance and faith.

But I don't understand how that answer my question or why you ask that question, since in Calvinism I have no sovereignty and can never come to Jesus at all (same with everyone else).
In calvinism, you are born destined to be saved or damned. You have nothing to do with it. It makes everything meaningless.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But I don't understand how that answer my question or why you ask that question, since in Calvinism I have no sovereignty and can never come to Jesus at all (same with everyone else).
Psalm of 110 :3 God makes the elect willing to come to the biblical Jesus.
No man.or woman seeks Jesus.
Jesus seeks and saves them by new birth, the supernatural work of the Spirit.

Can you s hi now any Calvinist teaching that?
Show a quote, I do not know what you mean.
Paul was a Calvinist and he taught exactly what I posted to you.
I think you are confused.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Truth as I have experienced it. And it wasn't addressed to you. Ironically, your companions here have consistently mocked my posts and I have not seen you object.
They have offered you help.
You say unkind things, like calling it manure???
Show we award you a prize?
Try a biblical response, if you get corrected acknowledge it

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do not see how any Calvinist can logically ask ""Have you come to Jesus in repentance and faith?" Because they themselves aren't coming or accepting or doing anything (such would require sovereignty). There's that firm rejection of the idea a person could seek/accept Christ.

I could see a Calvinist can logically ask ""Has God dragged you to him?" -- that makes sense. But it's a very different question.

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You just said in the same post that no one seeks Jesus and then proceeded to ask how she got the idea that you all teach no one can come to Jesus.

You tell her no one can come to (seek) Jesus and then deny understanding why she says Calvinist teach exactly what you just told her.
And you wonder why people find it absurd.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not see how any Calvinist can logically ask ""Have you come to Jesus in repentance and faith?" Because they themselves aren't coming or accepting or doing anything (such would require sovereignty). There's that firm rejection of the idea a person could seek/accept Christ.

I could see a Calvinist can logically ask ""Has God dragged you to him?" -- that makes sense. But it's a very different question.
It is obvious you do not understand the teaching.
If you did you would not ask such a misguided question.
I asked you to quote a Calvinist teaching such a false idea...quote one, I will wait.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just said in the same post that no one seeks Jesus and then proceeded to ask how she got the idea that you all teach no one can come to Jesus.

You tell her no one can come to (seek) Jesus and then deny understanding why she says Calvinist teach exactly what you just told her.
And you wonder why people find it absurd.
God tells us both truths psalm 14
Psalm110.
It looks like what is absurd is you pretending to have a handle on biblical teach.
It is obvious you have not looked at the teaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is obvious you do not understand the teaching.
If you did you would not ask such a misguided question.
I asked you to quote a Calvinist teaching such a false idea...quote one, I will wait.
*Remember, let's try to be respectful*

Your repeated comments about how "no one seeks Christ" and others give me the impression you believe that a person only comes to Christ when he goes and saves an inert person.

This is different than the Armemian view.

Am I mistaken in that understanding? If so, please let me know where.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*Remember, let's try to be respectful*

Your repeated comments about how "no one seeks Christ" and others give me the impression you believe that a person only comes to Christ when he goes and saves an inert person.

This is different than the Armemian view.

Am I mistaken in that understanding? If so, please let me know where.
Respectful would be when you actually answer what you are asked. Twice you have made false statements.
You have been asked to give direct quotes to support your claim.
I think you made it up, but will wait for your quotes.
Show quotes from a puritan, or even a modern day believer that supports your statement.
No more questions until you show such quotes, or admit you pulled these ideas out of your butt.

My "repeated comments" are scripture found in psalm14,Roman's 3

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Respectful would be when you actually answer what you are asked. Twice you have made false statements.
Show quotes from a puritan, or even a modern day believer that supports your statement.
No more questions until you show such quotes, or admit you pulled these ideas out of your butt.

Brother, she won’t answer you. She wouldn’t answer me. She will say the discussion is fruitless, back out of the thread, and then slither back in and demand more answers to her questions, while avoiding answering yours the whole time. Time to move on and away.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agreed.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have offered you help.
You seem to say this a lot. Maybe again we offer them help. Either way, saying this does not help the situation

You say unkind things, like calling it manure???
Like this? Why did you not call him out also?
This is a big steaming pile.
Show we award you a prize?
Try a biblical response, if you get corrected acknowledge it
we again can say the same for you, I have seen one of you acknowledge a mistake,

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, she won’t answer you. She wouldn’t answer me. She will say the discussion is fruitless, back out of the thread, and then slither back in and demand more answers to her questions, while avoiding answering yours the whole time. Time to move on and away.

That is exactly what she does.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, offering help while mocking in thier posts is biblical?
Just remember, not all of them do this, and those who on the other side are guilty of this also, maybe instead of treating them as we feel they treat us we can try something different,

remember, (sadly) like in talking to a catholic or other religious group, in asking questions to them, or coming and giving a different view, or trying to point things out to them, they are in defense mode, they feel they have to defend their church and belief at all cost, and when it is like this, does one truly has an open mind?

it’s also when you get so defensive you also come away so. Mocking, I think it is a defense mechanism

Reactions: Renniks

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just remember, not all of them do this, and those who on the other side are guilty of this also, maybe instead of treating them as we feel they treat us we can try something different,

remember, (sadly) like in talking to a catholic or other religious group, in asking questions to them, or coming and giving a different view, or trying to point things out to them, they are in defense mode, they feel they have to defend their church and belief at all cost, and when it is like this, does one truly has an open mind?

it’s also when you get so defensive you also come away so. Mocking, I think it is a defense mechanism
The hypocrisy of the above is remarkable! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!