Regeneration before or after saving faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I give respect to those who earn respect. I have not seen that respect for my theology by Calvinists on this thread. I have friends who are calvinist. I respect them, because they aren't into mocking those who disagree with them.
There's been a lot of bad behavior on here from a lot of people.
Still, we should conduct ourselves well, as Christ would have us, even when all sorts of folks aren't doing the same.

Reactions: Renniks

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still, we should conduct ourselves well, as Christ would have us, even when all sorts of folks aren't doing the same.

At least I'm not obligated to actually care about the fate of their soul, makes dealing with such creatures so much easier, "believer" or not.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes wonder if some people who say we should be Christlike have read some of the things Christ said. It reminds me of one pastor who was criticized because he called some of his fellow soldiers perverts. He said "Well, you are right, and I want to be Christlike, so from now on, I will say they were snakes and and vipers and hypocrites!"

Reactions: Dcopymope

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes wonder if some people who say we should be Christlike have read some of the things Christ said. It reminds me of one pastor who was criticized because he called some of his fellow soldiers perverts. He said "Well, you are right, and I want to be Christlike, so from now on, I will say they were snakes and and vipers and hypocrites!"

Jesus was not a nice guy when it came to the Pharisees.....at all. He couldn't stand them. Nothing wrong with hate, as long as its justified.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As an Armenenian, I can say "you need to get serious about scripture and choose you this day who you will serve", and have it be simple and straight forward.

But how does that work as a Calvinist? "Hope that God chooses you this day?"
The above is ridicule of the Gospel and mocking of others who preach the truth.

The same message is to all: Repent, and believe the Gospel.

It is effectual only to the chosen: Acts 13:48, as only they will believe.

Joshua 24:15 that you half-quoted and mangled is not about eternal salvation. It is actually a form of mockery from Joshua to those who do not serve God and are not being sanctified by serving him, proving they belong to him. He never said in Joshua 24:15 to choose YHWH or God. He is ridiculing them to choose one of their idols, which they will do.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that everyone who is outside of Christ is perishing.
I believe all world religions are ungodly persons seeking to invent idols as described in romans1.God has given them over to a reprobate mind.
What these false religions believe is of no value at all.
I believe anyone who does not get serious about scripture is perishing as we speak. They need the God described in scripture and believed on by biblical Calvinists .
The above is all true,

The thing that is shocking is how deceived people are in that in their religion, they think of themselves proudly as good, moral, fit for heaven, righteous, whole, holy. They do not realize they are a stench in the eyes of the Holy God of Scripture, completely filthy and wretched, an offense to God. Yet? They think they are good, they are convinced of it in their religious worship.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Renniks, not sure what you're going on about. Several times you've attempted to derogate me, a few silly names, smart remarks, and I've been asked why you go on like that. I haven't reviled you back. I'm not going to walk like the world in malice, in the flesh, and will attempt to follow Christ's example here; 1 Peter 2:23; and be of those who preach the truth and not react in the same; 1 Corinthians 4:12.

But I am going to leave you alone and avoid you for this for a time; Romans 16:17.

There is no profitable engagement with you when you do these things my friend, that, and you reject the truths of Scripture that are plainly shown you and deny things you've clearly done.

But who knows, maybe you will change your walk?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As an Armenenian, I can say "you need to get serious about scripture and choose you this day who you will serve", and have it be simple and straight forward.

But how does that work as a Calvinist? "Hope that God chooses you this day?"
I say we are all sinners. Because of the fall.
Jesus came to save sinners .
All that the Father gives to Him are going to come.
Have you come to Jesus in repentance and faith?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll find their Calvinism goes out the window when it comes to evangelizing. It's only after people have been Christian's for a while that they dump that load of manure on them.
This is the kind of post that you offer, and then wonder why you and your post are rejected? This is not worthy of a comment but you and it are rejected.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say we are all sinners. Because of the fall.
Jesus came to save sinners .
All that the Father gives to Him are going to come.
Have you come to Jesus in repentance and faith?
Speaking my: yes, I have come to Jesus in repentance and faith.

But I don't understand how that answer my question or why you ask that question, since in Calvinism I have no sovereignty and can never come to Jesus at all (same with everyone else).

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking my: yes, I have come to Jesus in repentance and faith.

But I don't understand how that answer my question or why you ask that question, since in Calvinism I have no sovereignty and can never come to Jesus at all (same with everyone else).
None of us have sovereignty. In a kingdom, the ppl don’t tell the king what to do. That’s rebellion. Not sovereignty.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of us have sovereignty. In a kingdom, the ppl don’t tell the king what to do. That’s rebellion. Not sovereignty.
No human possesses sovereignty. There is only one Sovereign.

@Jane_Doe22 is claiming to be sovereign. "Sovereignty" is to possess supreme power and authority.

Nope, Jane doesn't have that, but she claims to have it.

I'd venture to guess this is some Mormon thought, they see God as nothing more than a glorified Homosapien.

It is a severe severe downgrade of God, sacrilegious, blasphemous to claim God is a glorified Homosapien. Yet that is the teaching of that sect. Christ is created by that glorified Homosapien via intercourse with Mary. It is sickening to even type this, but people need to be warned.

Oh by the way, God judged the false idol Maroni in that 5.7 magnitude earthquake in Utah the other day, and the idols trumpet got knocked off, while they were trying to earthquake-proof the building for their false god and idol. God sent the earthquake, he will not be mocked.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above is ridicule of the Gospel and mocking of others who preach the truth.
Here's a good example. There was no ridicule of the Gospel involved, only questions about calvinism. You twist what people say constantly. Maybe you don't even know you do it?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the kind of post that you offer, and then wonder why you and your post are rejected? This is not worthy of a comment but you and it are rejected.
It's Truth as I have experienced it. And it wasn't addressed to you. Ironically, your companions here have consistently mocked my posts and I have not seen you object.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And even the ability to believe is a gift of God. John 1:29 and Philippians 1:29 attest to this truth.
" on the morrow he seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!

What does this have to do with the topic? And the other verse only claims that the ability to believe comes from God. Of course it does, so does the ability to do anything, but it says nothing about belief being something that God does for us

Reactions: Eternally Grateful