Religion is about what WE do.True Christianity is about what CHRIST has already done.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
99.99 percent of the churches that's what the Bible has become to them. They are not willing to recieve correction and instructiong when errors on their part is pointed out to them via the scriptures. Christians find all kinds of reasons to continue in their errors.

YOU DID A POLL?????

Reactions: amadeus

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
And you just pick a figure out of the sky: 99.9 % ---- Wow.

Jesus said many would come in His name and decieve many.

Matthew 24:5 (KJV)

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

The word that is translated many is from the Greek is Polys, and means mostly or largely. This means that it's the minority that will not be decieved. To come in Jesus' name is to claim to be sent by or under the authority of Jesus. So they acknowledge Jesus, but they decieve many by the things they preach. How many christians can go to the Bible and show everything they or their church believe/teach is backed up by the scriptures?

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It will surprise many who they see in heaven and who they don't see in heaven.
You don't have to tell me what Jesus said. I am well aware of it.
But posting 99.9% is a bit of the mark.

Reactions: amadeus

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is the point. To claim to belive in the Bible but live contrary to what the scriptures and Jesus taught is being a hypocret. It doesn't matter if a pagan symbol is in the church or at home, it's still pagan and God sees it. That is like me acting nince and frendly in church, but when I'm home I treat my family badly....that is living a double life, and is no better than those who don't professed to be christians. It's interesting that the divorce rate in the churches mirros the world, instead of them being a shining example.

I said nothing about law. I'm pointing out sin/hypocracy.

There's a lot of things people love and enjoy, but the question to ask is, is it right? Just because one loves something doesn't mean it's good.

Proverbs 14:12 (ESV)
12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.

It's not children that should be leading the parents, but the parents.....the father is to lead and guide his family. The scriptures tells us the blessing of bring up one's child the right way.

Proverbs 22:6 (ASV)
6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And even when he is old he will not depart from it.

God holds the parents accountable for how they bring up their children. If you or anyone have a problem with my ranting as you call it, then imagine what it would be like to stand before God and being judged against, knowing that their is nothing one can do to change His mind?

It takes humility to accept correction but pride will prevent one from recieving correction. When David sinned by having sex with another man's wife, and then have the man killed, how was David's reaction when he was confrunted by Nathan? As a king, he could have ordered Nathan exicuted. But even as a king, he was humble enough to recieve correction. I can't say that about most christians.....they love to hear things that make them feel good, rather than correction and instruction. They are like ancient Israel, that didn't want to hear the truth.

Isaiah 30:9-10 (KJV)
9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

To those who are offened by what I have been saying....too bad. But at least you can't say you were not told.
Thing is that people who rant and rave about everything as such are not born again, it's not a utopia, I will not be able to change other peoples perceptions by dictating to them.

I could go to my elderly mum and say I am not coming to any of your Christmas rubbish and be a bigot, she lives for that day and all of that crap.

You have to give over at times but one can point out things in a kind way as you go about such and if they listen or not is up to them, I could do as some I know like you and go off the rocker about it all but all that will get you is, that they think you are a religious nut case and will just reject everything you say as total rubbish.
It's like trying to roll a 44 gallon drum of molasses up a hill, you can give it a go, but you will only look foolish, so one has to go about it in a better way.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Narrow is the gate Bible says.
But Jesus never grabbed people and forced them, the thing is one may get the message or they will not, but if one has to bow down to like Islam does, that doesn't mean that the person will truly pick the message up in their heart.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Thing is that people who rant and rave about everything as such are not born again, it's not a utopia, I will not be able to change other peoples perceptions by dictating to them.

I could go to my elderly mum and say I am not coming to any of your Christmas rubbish and be a bigot, she lives for that day and all of that crap.

You have to give over at times but one can point out things in a kind way as you go about such and if they listen or not is up to them, I could do as some I know like you and go off the rocker about it all but all that will get you is, that they think you are a religious nut case and will just reject everything you say as total rubbish.
It's like trying to roll a 44 gallon drum of molasses up a hill, you can give it a go, but you will only look foolish, so one has to go about it in a better way.

I'm not interested in what others think of me....I don't live to please people. My interest is in doing what is right, and that automatically mean that people will not like some of my choices. Jesus said anyone who wants to follow Him, must take up his or her cross and follow Him. It also say in the Bible that those who want to live Godly, will suffer persicution.

Matthew 16:24 (ESV)
24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

2 Timothy 3:12 (ASV)
12 Yea, and all that would live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

If one is not willing to suffer and be redicule, then the indivdual might as well denounce what they claim to believe, because one would be living a lie anyway and to live a lie, is to deny Jesus.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

Jesus never promised that anyone was going to Heaven.....it's one of the lies that so many christians have been decieved into believing. Jesus said it's the Earth the meek will inherit.

Matthew 5:5 (ASV)
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Heaven is real because just after Jesus’ baptism a voice from heaven said: “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased”.

There are well over 100 references to heaven in the Gospels.
Almost all came from Jesus.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Heaven is real because
Doesn't it even mention a 3rd. Heaven ? Also Jesus made it clear that there are many 'sides' to this place..." In My Fathers house there are many rooms", is but one example......Wonder what they do believe then ?

Reactions: Triumph1300

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If one is not willing to suffer and be redicule, then the indivdual might as well denounce what they claim to believe, because one would be living a lie anyway and to live a lie, is to deny Jesus.
Well i suggest you go and rad BOL and MMs posts, they get ridiculed all eth time, and its not for being Godly, oh and yes they can quote the bible with the best of them Means nothing.

Reactions: pia

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Heaven is real because just after Jesus’ baptism a voice from heaven said: “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased”.

There are well over 100 references to heaven in the Gospels.
Almost all came from Jesus.

And in not one of those 100 reference did Jesus ever say anyone is going to Heaven.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your statment is not rellivant to the two scriptures that I post.
Oh it is, so many christians crying persecution but not following after Christ, many non believers do good works, that proves nothing, some can love better than most Christians , so again it means nothing, it is not our works God is interested in,

Joh_10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

and it is teh same for us.

God bless

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And in not one of those 100 reference did Jesus ever say anyone is going to Heaven.

Paul says that 'to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord' (2 Cor. 5:8).
It's that simple: If you're a Christian and you aren't in your body then you are with Jesus in heaven

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Paul says that 'to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord' (2 Cor. 5:8).
It's that simple: If you're a Christian and you aren't in your body then you are with Jesus in heaven

Being absent from the body means one is dead, and the scripture say that when we die, our spirit returns to God.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV)

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Whether the person is a believer or not, the peron's spirit returns to God, because our spirit came from God.

It doesn't mean the dead person's spirit is concious and alive in Heaven. If that were so, then there would be no reason for the dead to be resurrected back to life.

Last edited:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Oh it is, so many christians crying persecution but not following after Christ,

Do you know what Jesus meant when He said, Come and follow me?

many non believers do good works, that proves nothing, some can love better than most Christians , so again it means nothing, it is not our works God is interested in,

Joh_10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

and it is teh same for us.

God bless

If non believers are doing good works, then that's a good thing, and an embrasment to so-called believers who claim to be following Jesus but are not doing anything.....that's being a hypocret or a liar. Jesus praised a gentile man for his great faith, that He said He has never even seen anyone in Israel have.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Charity trumps faith, without charity the soul is dead.
In the next life faith and hope will cease, but charity never.
Charity is about love thy neighbor as thy self.
Charity is not humanitarianism.
1 Cor 13:13 So there abide faith, hop, and charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.