Religion Vs Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:4,

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

The difference between religion and Christianity is; religion deals with correction or correcting a person. Where Christianity in the scriptures is a believer with Christ in them and is a completed being. Their are those that are Born again in religion that don't know the difference. They kind of enjoy being whipped into shape weekly. Ever see someone that has just been in a service that used the pulpit for a whiping post. They will hold their head high and feel they have really been to church.

Sad fact is you fall into a category of the rules and bylaws set by that people in charge then your Christianity is based on what you do to be a Christian. Truth is you never become the Christian the scriptures say you can be. Your outer display so to speak becomes your Christianity. When I was growing up their was a family I knew that did not allow a TV in the house or pictures on their walls. The TV brought in undesirable worldly ways and filth, pictures were idolatry or idol worship. Now I can see the TV especially today, but pictures, and when we would go to the movies my friend could not go. Kind of strict and it get worse in many instances.

But when Paul tell's us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, he is saying we need to live in this world as a Christian, that happens by your understanding. What you understand is; Christ as life, or as Paul says time and again he was one with Christ. That is a Christian living in this world, Christ alive in you by knowledge, his knowledge. The old knowledge of good and evil is replaced by Christ life knowledge. The knowledge that Christ is your only life is Christ's knowledge. The revelation of Christ in you, Galatians 1:11-12, 15-16,

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

That teaches the believer how to live by the life of another. You can only see so many miracle's, you can have all your prayers answered, but that will not satisfy a hungry believer. The only thing that satisfies is the knowledge of Christ in you, it is spiritual. The meat of the word, the meat of the scriptures is Christ in you the hope of glory. So your union, oneness with Christ is your Christian Life.

It was never intended for you to live the Christian Life on your own. The Christian Life is a shared life, "he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit." The two becoming one with Christ swallowing up the believer (the mind of Christ) so the believer lives by the life of another, Christ in you the hope of glory.

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Galatians 5:4,

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

The difference between religion and Christianity is; religion deals with correction or correcting a person. Where Christianity in the scriptures is a believer with Christ in them and is a completed being. Their are those that are Born again in religion that don't know the difference. They kind of enjoy being whipped into shape weekly. Ever see someone that has just been in a service that used the pulpit for a whiping post. They will hold their head high and feel they have really been to church.

Sad fact is you fall into a category of the rules and bylaws set by that people in charge then your Christianity is based on what you do to be a Christian. Truth is you never become the Christian the scriptures say you can be. Your outer display so to speak becomes your Christianity. When I was growing up their was a family I knew that did not allow a TV in the house or pictures on their walls. The TV brought in undesirable worldly ways and filth, pictures were idolatry or idol worship. Now I can see the TV especially today, but pictures, and when we would go to the movies my friend could not go. Kind of strict and it get worse in many instances.

But when Paul tell's us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, he is saying we need to live in this world as a Christian, that happens by your understanding. What you understand is; Christ as life, or as Paul says time and again he was one with Christ. That is a Christian living in this world, Christ alive in you by knowledge, his knowledge. The old knowledge of good and evil is replaced by Christ life knowledge. The knowledge that Christ is your only life is Christ's knowledge. The revelation of Christ in you, Galatians 1:11-12, 15-16,

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

That teaches the believer how to live by the life of another. You can only see so many miracle's, you can have all your prayers answered, but that will not satisfy a hungry believer. The only thing that satisfies is the knowledge of Christ in you, it is spiritual. The meat of the word, the meat of the scriptures is Christ in you the hope of glory. So your union, oneness with Christ is your Christian Life.

It was never intended for you to live the Christian Life on your own. The Christian Life is a shared life, "he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit." The two becoming one with Christ swallowing up the believer (the mind of Christ) so the believer lives by the life of another, Christ in you the hope of glory.
Galatians is such a wonderful demonstration that we are under grace! :)

Reactions: soul man

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Religion is people trying to reach God by their own means and for their won ends. Christianity is God reaching out to us through Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit and drawing us close to have a loving relationship with us.

Reactions: soul man