Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you see the Sabbath or Feasts in that passage
Oh please ! These semantics are exactly why there is complete and utter chaos within the religious system.....To the Hebrews were given the Sabbath and Feasts ( and even they didn't seem to get it ).........Are you of the Old covenant ? Then I suggest you get yourself into the New, where we find out that our Loving Father does not require us to 'perform' for Him all the time....He has taken care of everything, so now we should just enter His rest..

B

brakelite

If the Bible was truly the only basis of doctrine and practice, there wouldn't be a Sunday observer in Christendom.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you deceive ppl into believing that they are having a conversation mjr,
when this is never true in dealing with you, in my experience anyway.
You want people to agree with you, all I ask is people seek Christ for them self, cant help it if they want to save themselves. or choose another way. Gods problem not mine.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ya, ya, blah blah blah, but see after you have ignored Scripture enough--except those you specifically cherry-pick, no other input allowed, right--and ignored other posts enough, you become known by what you do not say, see.

You are full of it and you know it, so you just take a day off, and ignore five or ten posts, and come back when it all blows over, right.
Hmm ye this happens when people dont tell you what you want to hear. Do carry on your still fun. Would you rather I lied to please you...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not pursue the law in order to be saved or justified. I pursue it because my Savior said to go and sin no more. What is sin? Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4). If I obey the law, then I won't sin. I show my love for YHWH and Yeshua by keeping their commandments, knowing that if I break a commandment, it is sin.

"Under the law" mean under its condemnation. Let's read the next verse as well and replace the word sin with the definition of sin given in 1 John 3:4.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we transgress the law, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
God forbid that we transgress the law! Why? Because if we do, we SIN!

I am not married to the law. I am espoused to Yeshua. However, I must have a relationship with Yeshua within the boundaries YHWH provides through His law in the same way that the husband and wife of verse 2 lived within the boundaries of Torah while they were married. Adam and Eve broke those boundaries while they were married and it brought sin and death upon the world. All men MUST live within the boundaries of YHWH will which is revealed in Torah which includes His commandments, statutes and judgments.

No all one needs do is do what Jesus said,

Mar_12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mar_12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

It is everything God is.

This is revealed to us by Gods nature no book can give you that, and all that adds not a dot to ones salvation nor make any man any more pleasing to God, because we please God when we come to His son and Trust Him, because our righteousness is in Him it is not our own.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hmm ye this happens when people dont tell you what you want to hear. Do carry on your still fun. Would you rather I lied to please you...
no, i think i made it real plain that if you just stopped ignoring vv and pertinent subjects that would be great?
but then i already realized that we are not even really having a convo

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Because many of them believe Sunday is the new Sabbath. Even those who think the Sabbath has been abolished believe they rest on Sunday since most people have off from work that day.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
There is no blessing on the first day or the "eighth day". It is ONLY on the 7th day. There are no Scriptures anywhere showing the blessing taken off the 7th day or put on the first day.

It was only put on the 7th day because that is the day our Creator Himself rested to set the example for us. Yeshua continued that example as did the Apostle Paul.

Alright.
Now I ask you, the same question(s),

WHY do you 'think you have all those things on the Sabbath'?

WHY for you, is there 'NO blessing of a Sabbath rest on Sunday' but on the Sabbath?

And WHY according to you, was 'That blessing ONLY on the 7th day of the week'?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Oh please ! These semantics are exactly why there is complete and utter chaos within the religious system.....
No, there is complete and utter chaos in churches because of people that take Scriptures out of context and read into Scripture whatever they want as you are doing.

To the Hebrews were given the Sabbath and Feasts ( and even they didn't seem to get it )
The Sabbath was made for man, not just for Hebrews. Why don't you believe Yeshua's words in Mark 2:27?

.........Are you of the Old covenant ? Then I suggest you get yourself into the New, where we find out that our Loving Father does not require us to 'perform' for Him all the time....
I am a New Covenant believer. As such, I have "TORAH" written on my heart and mind as Jeremiah prophesied;

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith YHWH, I will put my law (TORAH) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.​

Then he gave me His Holy Spirit to cause me to obey His laws;

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
You can fight against the Holy Spirit all you want as it tries to write Torah on your heart and moves you to obey it, but all that does is grieve the Holy Spirit.

I do not "perform" for my Father, I simply obey my Father.

He has taken care of everything, so now we should just enter His rest..
Somebody should have told Yeshua and John what you suggest since it is exactly opposite of what they taught us.

John 14:15 If you love me, keep my commandments.

1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
Didn't they know that all we had to do was rest and everything else would be taken care of? Perhaps you would like to publicly proclaim Yeshua and John to be legalists living under the Old Covenant or tell them to stop trying to get you to "perform".

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No all one needs do is do what Jesus said,

Mar_12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mar_12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

It is everything God is.
What!!?? How dare you imply that we should obey those two Old Covenant commandments! ;)

This is revealed to us by Gods nature no book can give you that, and all that adds not a dot to ones salvation nor make any man any more pleasing to God, because we please God when we come to His son and Trust Him, because our righteousness is in Him it is not our own.
I agree that receiving and trusting the Son pleases God, but there are other ways to please Him as well such as obeying His commandments and doing His will after coming to faith.

1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Yeshua Messiah, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24a And he that keeps his commandments dwells in him, and he in him.

Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

Hebrews 13:21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Yeshua Messiah; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.​

Reactions: bbyrd009

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Alright.
Now I ask you, the same question(s),

WHY do you 'think you have all those things on the Sabbath'?

WHY for you, is there 'NO blessing of a Sabbath rest on Sunday' but on the Sabbath?

And WHY according to you, was 'That blessing ONLY on the 7th day of the week'?
I don't understand why you are asking me this again. My personal views are those of Scripture. I don't have my own views that vary from Scripture. Do you have answers that differ from those I gave?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now let me ask you a question, according to you what is sin....

According to Me is not important, According to God's Word Sin is the Transgression of the Law!
Q- Thou shall Love the Lord thy God, with all your Heart and Soul, and Strength, Do you believe and keep this?

Reactions: bbyrd009

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Oh please ! These semantics are exactly why there is complete and utter chaos within the religious system.....To the Hebrews were given the Sabbath and Feasts ( and even they didn't seem to get it ).........Are you of the Old covenant ? Then I suggest you get yourself into the New, where we find out that our Loving Father does not require us to 'perform' for Him all the time....He has taken care of everything, so now we should just enter His rest..

Am I right you 'got it ... performed ... just to enter His rest'?
You have?!

So who required you to 'get yourself into the New'? 'Our Loving Father'?

Are you of the old covenant? It seems you are...

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't understand why you are asking me this again. My personal views are those of Scripture. I don't have my own views that vary from Scripture. Do you have answers that differ from those I gave?

No fine; if I may I'll leave it at that then. To my humble opinion thanks for no answers.

I have no doubt though Sunday believers will be glad to give their, only, answer. Anyone?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If the Bible was truly the only basis of doctrine and practice, there wouldn't be a Sunday observer in Christendom.

By now about a dozen posts have come and gone and not one person has addressed this post of yours. I wonder how many more posts before someone will have taken up enough courage to reply... If ever one posted truth, you have.

Reactions: brakelite

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After the Resurrection, without losing their Jewish roots, Christians moved their day of worship to Sunday in honor of the Resurrection - and launched a movement that would span the globe. They spread His teachings, worked His miracles, served the needy and above all else, proclaimed the Gospel. All with the very real threat of death and martyrdom hanging over their heads. They would not have died and suffered for what they knew to be a lie.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
After the Resurrection, without losing their Jewish roots, Christians moved their day of worship to Sunday in honor of the Resurrection - and launched a movement that would span the globe. They spread His teachings, worked His miracles, served the needy and above all else, proclaimed the Gospel. All with the very real threat of death and martyrdom hanging over their heads. They would not have died and suffered for what they knew to be a lie.
unfortunately what they mostly died for was trying to keep Saturday in the face of an Imperial Roman edict demanding that they worship on the Day of the Sun, upon pain of death for disobeying. And the education is now free for the click.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many of the Early Disciples Died for their Faith.

After Jesus’ death, the disciples endured persecution, and a number of them experienced martyrdom. The strength of their conviction indicates that they were not just claiming Jesus had appeared to them after rising from the dead. They really believed it. They willingly endangered themselves by publicly proclaiming the risen Christ.

This is why they were killed. Not because of the "day of rest".

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

No, they certainly would not have moved their day of worship to Sunday knowing it's such a lie, and that, in honour of the Resurrection of their Lord... unthinkable!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Many of the Early Disciples Died for their Faith.

After Jesus’ death, the disciples endured persecution, and a number of them experienced martyrdom. The strength of their conviction indicates that they were not just claiming Jesus had appeared to them after rising from the dead. They really believed it. They willingly endangered themselves by publicly proclaiming the risen Christ.

This is why they were killed. Not because of the "day of rest".

That's true. One just wonders, why Justin Martyr about hundred years later, tried to convince the emperor that all Christians worshipped just the same as he and his empire did, even to shared deities and days? Courting politics Christianity provokes dishonesty. It's been historically proven myriads of times. This is how many escaped and still escape martyrdom, because of the ‘day of rest’.
Unfortunately compromise has not helped in every case.

Last edited: