Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Thats for today not for tomorrow.

No, that is for no God-given day; that is for YOU, any day, every day, all days! That’s for you like it is for me, which NEITHER you NOR I are “alive unto” because you like I are ‘alive unto sin’ and ‘dead to Christ’, instead! “God be merciful to ME, SINNER!” If you think you are past your sinner’s age, carry on because ONLY sinners may expect forgiveness from Jesus Christ. And breaking the Sabbath is just one of all the uncountable sins God has to forgive us, but you seemingly think you don’t need forgiveness for as well. Be smug and comfy while it lasts. But you waste your time trying to cover more than yourself under your little blanket on your small mattress. It’s like someone leaving his underground bunker for work in his lead sheets suit, hand gloves, face mask and hat and shoes of lead to protect him against radio active outfall in case an atomic bomb might explode on him.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, that is for no God-given day; that is for YOU, any day, every day, all days! That’s for you like it is for me, which NEITHER you NOR I are “alive unto” because you like I are ‘alive unto sin’ and ‘dead to Christ’, instead! “God be merciful to ME, SINNER!” If you think you are past your sinner’s age, carry on because ONLY sinners may expect forgiveness from Jesus Christ. And breaking the Sabbath is just one of all the uncountable sins God has to forgive us, but you seemingly think you don’t need forgiveness for as well. Be smug and comfy while it lasts. But you waste your time trying to cover more than yourself under your little blanket on your small mattress. It’s like someone leaving his underground bunker for work in his lead sheets suit, hand gloves, face mask and hat and shoes of lead to protect him against radio active outfall in case an atomic bomb might explode on him.
Well your the one thats shouting. Its not about "sin" its about forgiveness, which most have never accepted which is why,

Joh_16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh_16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

most simply dont believe in what Christ has done and soi therefore are relying upon them sleves to perfect themselves.

Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

He did it once never again. All sin was paid for, He doesnt die daily for you or any man.

And you go on about Gadar and teh sabbath when you do teh same thing, is not that teh pot calling teh kettle black.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not interested in impressing you. I am interested in pleasing my Heavenly Father by obeying Him.

I repent of thinking that it might be okay to minister to others on the sabbath day, but it is not when you guys are relying on people breaking the sabbath day in maintaining the internet for you guys to do that.

If sabbath day keepers cannot minister face to face on the sabbath, then you are ministering on the sins of others working on the sabbath day for when you use the internet at all.

Jesus could have had His disciples gather a day before the sabbath day to avoid "gathering" for food on the sabbath. Jesus could have also made food appear in whatever they were carrying their food in to avoid the appearance of evil of gathering on the sabbath for why the Pharisees were seeking to condemn His disciples for gathering corn on the sabbath day. That is why the sabbath day is not lord over Jesus but Jesus is Lord over the sabbath for how and why His disciples are guiltless because He was with them just as the saints in the O.T. were guiltless for profaning the sabbath because they were in the Temple. Matthew 12:1-8

So judge not les ye be judged because you may just find yourself guilty for not keeping the sabbath day, and worse, guilty for not seeing why Jesus in you is why you are guiltless for profaning the sabbath day. Dead works can void faith in Him. Sabbath day keepers are risking being found naked of their wedding garment come the pre great tribulation rapture event.

By not keeping the sabbath day by faith in Jesus Christ is the only witness that Jews will see that you are not working for your salvation.

The obvious lack of necessary written exceptions for how believers are to keep the sabbath day as "different" from the O.T. to avoid them stoning any one to death is wanting and glaring too as if God is forgetful in instructing His people how to follow Him plainly in regards to the sabbath day.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For another thread... Tell me where in the Gospels you found Jesus' 'shed blood'...

I repent of thinking that it might be okay to minister to others on the sabbath day, but it is not when you guys are relying on people breaking the sabbath day in maintaining the internet for you guys to do that.

If sabbath day keepers cannot minister face to face on the sabbath, then you are ministering on the sins of others working on the sabbath day for when you use the internet at all.

Jesus could have had His disciples gather a day before the sabbath day to avoid "gathering" for food on the sabbath. Jesus could have also made food appear in whatever they were carrying their food in to avoid the appearance of evil of gathering on the sabbath for why the Pharisees were seeking to condemn His disciples for gathering corn on the sabbath day. That is why the sabbath day is not lord over Jesus but Jesus is Lord over the sabbath for how and why His disciples are guiltless because He was with them just as the saints in the O.T. were guiltless for profaning the sabbath because they were in the Temple. Matthew 12:1-8

So judge not les ye be judged because you may just find yourself guilty for not keeping the sabbath day, and worse, guilty for not seeing why Jesus in you is why you are guiltless for profaning the sabbath day. Dead works can void faith in Him. Sabbath day keepers are risking being found naked of their wedding garment come the pre great tribulation rapture event.

By not keeping the sabbath day by faith in Jesus Christ is the only witness that Jews will see that you are not working for your salvation.

The obvious lack of necessary written exceptions for how believers are to keep the sabbath day as "different" from the O.T. to avoid them stoning any one to death is wanting and glaring too as if God is forgetful in instructing His people how to follow Him plainly in regards to the sabbath day.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Rom 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
Rom 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Rom 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

The passage refers to Abraham being justified/made righteous by faith. Sabbath keepers are not justified by sabbath keeping, but by faith as well. I would address this passage further, but I'm not sure what you are seeing. Does this mean you can no longer sin? Does it mean we can sin, but it will not be imputed?

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Thats for today not for tomorrow.
Again, I have no idea what you are seeing in this passage. You waste our time when you do not elaborate. There is nothing here that suggests we should abandon the 7th day Sabbath.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

...talking about yourself to yourself...

You show --anywhere-- where I, wrote '~how believers are to keep the sabbath day~'! Come on now, show!

But I refer you to every post I wrote where I with Scripture, showed how the Sabbath as Jesus' RESURRECTION Sabbath Day is ~"different" from the O.T.~, and prevents Christians from glaringly looking for opportunity to stone one another's character and integrity to death '~as if God is forgetful in instructing His people how to follow Him plainly in regards to the sabbath day~'.

No one conferring on this forum can help to notice the malady which you acutely and chronically suffer concerning God's Sabbath Day and believers. "The day The Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD" evokes and steers every line of thought you advertise on here dropping down into the pit of your deep Sabbath misery and regret.

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The sin of keeping the wrong sabbath?
Yes, if that is your sin. That was my sin when the Holy Spirit brought it to my attention 32 years ago. After prayerfully studying the issue of a Sunday Sabbath, I was convicted of my sin and began keeping a 7th day Sabbath rather than a 1st day Sabbath. That's when the "loving" leadership of the church I was in kicked me out of the church.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Does it mean we can sin, but it will not be imputed?
Not Can, will and yes I see you finally got it.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Jesus did all the work, but men keep trying to do it themselves.

Again, I have no idea what you are seeing in this passage. You waste our time when you do not elaborate. There is nothing here that suggests we should abandon the 7th day Sabbath.
How does one abandon something that doesnt belong to them???

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, if that is your sin. That was my sin when the Holy Spirit brought it to my attention 32 years ago. After prayerfully studying the issue of a Sunday Sabbath, I was convicted of my sin and began keeping a 7th day Sabbath rather than a 1st day Sabbath. That's when the "loving" leadership of the church I was in kicked me out of the church.

Could you explain that a little more?
Were you simply advocating your views, or did you seek to change the worship day for that particular church?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Unless one lives in an isolated area, Sabbath keepers minister face to face as well. As for the internet, I confess that I do not know the inner workings of it. In what way do humans work to run the internet? Is it not automated? I know they create programs, algorithms, etc., to make it work, but when I connect to this forum, for example, who am I making work?

This account was permitted to teach us a lesson as per 1 Corinthians 10:11 . Yes, Yeshua could have avoided the entire situation, but then no lesson would be taught.

If the Temple provides a sinner protection from guilt, then why were Nadab and Abihu killed for offering strange fire on the altar of incense?

So judge not les ye be judged because you may just find yourself guilty for not keeping the sabbath day,
Would I be guilty of judging you if I confronted you if you were committing adultery? Sabbath breaking is just like any other sin. It needs to be exposed and rooted out of the Body of Messiah. Sadly, Satan has deceived the majority of Christians that it is no longer a sin to work on the 7th day.

Dead works can void faith in Him.
So can no works; Faith without works is dead. Keeping the Sabbath is not a dead work. It reveals a vibrant, living faith.

The Jews already see Christians as lawless idolaters. Seeing Christians working on the 7th day, eating swine's flesh, worshiping Jesus as the one true God, etc., just adds fuel to the fire. Many Jews will never come to Yeshua because of what they see Christians do or not do.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Could you explain that a little more?
Were you simply advocating your views, or did you seek to change the worship day for that particular church?
Neither. All I did was cease from working on the 7th day. I was still attending Sunday services. Another sister accepted the Sabbath at the same time through her own studies. We never studied it together. The leadership found out I accepted the Sabbath and called me to a meeting with them. They expressed their views, told me I was fallen from grace, and told me I could no longer return to their church. They did the same to that sister shortly after. BTW, a person is fallen from grace when they seek to be justified by works (Galatians 5:4), but I never told them I was saved or justified by the Sabbath rather than by faith.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...talking about yourself to yourself...

You show --anywhere-- where I, wrote '~how believers are to keep the sabbath day~'! Come on now, show!

But I refer you to every post I wrote where I with Scripture, showed how the Sabbath as Jesus' RESURRECTION Sabbath Day is ~"different" from the O.T.~, and prevents Christians from glaringly looking for opportunity to stone one another's character and integrity to death '~as if God is forgetful in instructing His people how to follow Him plainly in regards to the sabbath day~'.

No one conferring on this forum can help to notice the malady which you acutely and chronically suffer concerning God's Sabbath Day and believers. "The day The Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD" evokes and steers every line of thought you advertise on here dropping down into the pit of your deep Sabbath misery and regret.

As much as some believers switch Friday sunset to Saturday sunset's original sabbath to Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset as the new sabbath,
sabbath day keepers are still fallen from grace when they BOTH contend that we are to "obey" keeping the sabbath day. So regardless of which day it is, sabbath day keepers are sinning against the Lord by voiding faith in Him as being Lord of the sabbath by judging non sabbath day keepers.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless one lives in an isolated area, Sabbath keepers minister face to face as well. As for the internet, I confess that I do not know the inner workings of it. In what way do humans work to run the internet? Is it not automated? I know they create programs, algorithms, etc., to make it work, but when I connect to this forum, for example, who am I making work?

When the internet goes down......people are working to get you reconnected. That means people have to be available to work on the sabbath.

This account was permitted to teach us a lesson as per 1 Corinthians 10:11 . Yes, Yeshua could have avoided the entire situation, but then no lesson would be taught.

If the Temple provides a sinner protection from guilt, then why were Nadab and Abihu killed for offering strange fire on the altar of incense?

I reckon you have to ask Him as to where the altar of incense was in the Temple. Some say it was in the Holy of Holies. Others say not. I do not know if that has anything to do with it as to where they were sinning in that Temple, but Jesus did say that they were profaning the sabbath in those 2 references to the O.T. but they were guiltless because of being in the Temple and then Jesus said One greater than the Temple was here in regards to His defending His disciples.

Would I be guilty of judging you if I confronted you if you were committing adultery? Sabbath breaking is just like any other sin. It needs to be exposed and rooted out of the Body of Messiah. Sadly, Satan has deceived the majority of Christians that it is no longer a sin to work on the 7th day.

Jesus is glorified as Lord of the Sabbath for a reason. Satan has deceived sabbath day keepers into working to keep the sabbath day rather than rest in Him from working to keep the sabbath day.

You may not be doing it for salvation, but you are in reality, trying to finish by the flesh what was begun in the Spirit.

Galatians 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain........3:1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

So how can you say you are not trying to finish by the flesh what was begun in the Spirit when you are giving the appearance of it to the Jews and the world?

So can no works; Faith without works is dead. Keeping the Sabbath is not a dead work. It reveals a vibrant, living faith.

James's faith without works can never be applied to salvation for it is without works. James' faith without works can only apply to what James was rebuking the church for; using the verbalizing of their faith in God's Providence to the departing poor after church service to get out of helping meet the immediate needs of the poor. That was just one example of that church disrespecting the poor members of the assembly in James 2nd chapter.

That means James is saying to every church out there that tithing is not taught for the church to do when the church is to lead by example of God raising up cheerful givers in God providing for the church. By looking to members to tithe and male pledges of givings, the church's faith in God's Providence is dead.

So when the church was giving that benediction in their declaration of faith in God's Providence to the departing poor, that faith of the church's in God's Providence is dead in the eyes of the poor and will not profit the poor nor save the poor since the church refuses to lead by example by giving from the bounty collected to meet the immediate needs of the poor.

That is why the order on the first day of the week to set aside from the bounty collected in providing for the saints in the ministry enables the church to give liberally with the remainder of the bounty to the poor; otherwise, there would be no collection for the saints in the ministry.

Applying living faith by you keeping the sabbath day as under the law is not living faith in Jesus Christ that you are His.

The Jews already see Christians as lawless idolaters. Seeing Christians working on the 7th day, eating swine's flesh, worshiping Jesus as the one true God, etc., just adds fuel to the fire. Many Jews will never come to Yeshua because of what they see Christians do or not do.

I suggest you use the KJV for all those verses that your teachers have taught you for obeying in keeping the sabbath day. You may be surprise.

You can compare your Bible version verses with the KJV at Bible Gateway. There is a brown symbol of what looks like 2 combs back to back in a row of brown symbols in the gray tab above the reading of the verses for Galatians 3rd chapter that you can click on to pop up a window for you to scroll down in search of your Bible version and then click on it to pop up beside it for comparing with the KJV.

Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 3 - King James Version

Compare all verses in your version that uses the term "lawlessness" or to that effect to how the KJV uses it.

I am dead to the law of keeping the sabbath day as it is Christ Who lives in me. I am dead to sin to no longer live in sin as living as His disciple. To keep the sabbath day is hardly resting in the Lord Jesus Christ nor is it recognizing His righteousness apart from the law that is bringing me Home as saved which is the testimony as a witness of Him is to be in bringing Him glory in Heaven for.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not Can, will and yes I see you finally got it.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Jesus did all the work, but men keep trying to do it themselves.

So, in other words, we can freely sin because our sins are not imputed against us???

Walking in the Spirit, that is, to be spiritually minded, gives one a mind that is subject to the law of YHWH. It is the carnal mind that will not subject itself to YHWH's laws.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.​

How does one abandon something that doesnt belong to them???
The Sabbath belongs to all mankind. YHWH made it for man (Mark 2:27).