Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
When the internet goes down......people are working to get you reconnected. That means people have to be available to work on the sabbath.
If people do indeed work to restore the internet on Sabbath, that is their choice. I do not require them to work to restore it. For all I care, they can let it sit broken until Sabbath ends, then fix it. If I walk on an old sidewalk on Sabbath and the city decides to repair that sidewalk on a Sabbath, that is their choice. I did not ask them to fix it on the Sabbath. Is your hand getting tired from straining out so many gnats? Yet, you have no problem swallowing the camel of trampling on the 7th day.

I reckon you have to ask Him as to where the altar of incense was in the Temple. Some say it was in the Holy of Holies. Others say not. I do not know if that has anything to do with it as to where they were sinning in that Temple, but Jesus did say that they were profaning the sabbath in those 2 references to the O.T. but they were guiltless because of being in the Temple and then Jesus said One greater than the Temple was here in regards to His defending His disciples.
David and the priests had valid reasons for profaning the Sabbath. Nadab and Abihu did not. The Temple had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Jesus is glorified as Lord of the Sabbath for a reason. Satan has deceived sabbath day keepers into working to keep the sabbath day rather than rest in Him from working to keep the sabbath day.
That is your opinion. Yeshua gives me a spiritual rest and the Sabbath gives me a physical rest.

You may not be doing it for salvation, but you are in reality, trying to finish by the flesh what was begun in the Spirit.

Galatians 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain........3:1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

So how can you say you are not trying to finish by the flesh what was begun in the Spirit when you are giving the appearance of it to the Jews and the world?
Am I finishing by the flesh when I obey the other nine of the Ten Commandments? No. My spiritual mind subjects itself to the laws of YHWH (Romans 8:7).

James's faith without works can never be applied to salvation for it is without works.
You are the one that keeps turning this into a salvation or justification issue. Not me.

I suggest you use the KJV for all those verses that your teachers have taught you for obeying in keeping the sabbath day. You may be surprise.

You can compare your Bible version verses with the KJV at Bible Gateway. There is a brown symbol of what looks like 2 combs back to back in a row of brown symbols in the gray tab above the reading of the verses for Galatians 3rd chapter that you can click on to pop up a window for you to scroll down in search of your Bible version and then click on it to pop up beside it for comparing with the KJV.

Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 3 - King James Version

Compare all verses in your version that uses the term "lawlessness" or to that effect to how the KJV uses it.
What does how the Jews view Christians have to do with how lawlessness is used in some Bibles? The KJV, which I use most of the time, does not use the word "lawlessness", but "iniquity". The Greek word is "anomia" (without law). Thayer's definition is;

1) the condition of without law
1a) because ignorant of it
1b) because of violating it

2) contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness

Strong's definition is;

illegality, that is, violation of law or (generally) wickedness

I am dead to the law of keeping the sabbath day as it is Christ Who lives in me. I am dead to sin to no longer live in sin as living as His disciple. To keep the sabbath day is hardly resting in the Lord Jesus Christ nor is it recognizing His righteousness apart from the law that is bringing me Home as saved which is the testimony as a witness of Him is to be in bringing Him glory in Heaven for.
Are you also dead to the law of not committing adultery, murder, thefts, etc.? Yes, yet you still must obey those laws. We should not live in adulterous relationships if we are in Messiah. We also should not live a lifestyle of Sabbath breaking if we are in Messiah. You really need to stop harping on righteousness and salvation regarding Sabbath keeping since the great majority of Sabbath keepers do not trust in Sabbath keeping to save them or make them righteous. Those are just your false accusations. There may very well be a few that have that mindset, but then again, there are some Christians that have the mindset that they will be saved or made righteous by other kinds of works like feeding the poor, or caring for orphans, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people do indeed work to restore the internet on Sabbath, that is their choice. I do not require them to work to restore it. For all I care, they can let it sit broken until Sabbath ends, then fix it. If I walk on an old sidewalk on Sabbath and the city decides to repair that sidewalk on a Sabbath, that is their choice. I did not ask them to fix it on the Sabbath. Is your hand getting tired from straining out so many gnats? Yet, you have no problem swallowing the camel of trampling on the 7th day.

Well, if you judge others for not keeping the sabbath day as guilty......

David and the priests had valid reasons for profaning the Sabbath. Nadab and Abihu did not. The Temple had absolutely nothing to do with it.

But David and the priests DID PROFANE the sabbath so you can't say something is valid and when Jesus referred to the Temple as why they were guiltless and then expounding off of that Temple for why His disciples were guiltless for profaning the sabbath because He was with them.

That is your opinion. Yeshua gives me a spiritual rest and the Sabbath gives me a physical rest.

But judging others for not obeying the keeping of the sabbath is why I am contending with you. If you left it at that in the above quote, then there would be no need for the contention.

Believers can regard any day of the week to honor the Lord or not honor the Lord because Jesus Christ in us is able to make us stand regardless. It is when one judges that man for not regarding a day as unto the Lord is where those who judge may find themselves judged by Him for doing so.

Am I finishing by the flesh when I obey the other nine of the Ten Commandments? No. My spiritual mind subjects itself to the laws of YHWH (Romans 8:7).

So then you are living after the flesh.

You are the one that keeps turning this into a salvation or justification issue. Not me.

Only because you are living after the flesh.

What does how the Jews view Christians have to do with how lawlessness is used in some Bibles? The KJV, which I use most of the time, does not use the word "lawlessness", but "iniquity". The Greek word is "anomia" (without law). Thayer's definition is;

1) the condition of without law
1a) because ignorant of it
1b) because of violating it

2) contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness

Strong's definition is;

illegality, that is, violation of law or (generally) wickedness

Are you also dead to the law of not committing adultery, murder, thefts, etc.? Yes, yet you still must obey those laws. We should not live in adulterous relationships if we are in Messiah. We also should not live a lifestyle of Sabbath breaking if we are in Messiah. You really need to stop harping on righteousness and salvation regarding Sabbath keeping since the great majority of Sabbath keepers do not trust in Sabbath keeping to save them or make them righteous. Those are just your false accusations. There may very well be a few that have that mindset, but then again, there are some Christians that have the mindset that they will be saved or made righteous by other kinds of works like feeding the poor, or caring for orphans, etc.

I am dead to the law in making myself His because He has done it. I am dead to sins because of Him in me to help me to follow Him by faith alone.

If I am keeping the law in following Him, that is not living by faith in Him to enable me to follow Him under the New Covenant by the grace of God.

There would be no difference between a Jew and a christian sabbath day keeper because no one can see the christian's faith in Him that they are His without keeping the sabbath day.

So you may not be keeping the sabbath day for justification, but you are doing it to be identified as His as if faith alone does not make you His..

I do believe I should leave the thread since there is an impasse, and it is the Lord's commandment to withdraw from striving about the law. I withdraw to admonish you as my brother in the hopes that one day He will lead you to repentance so that your faith in Him may shine apart from the law.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But judging others for not obeying the keeping of the sabbath is why I am contending with you. If you left it at that in the above quote, then there would be no need for the contention.
We are required to judge those within the Body and YHWH judges those outside the Body (1 Corinthians 5:12-13). That judging does not mean "condemn to death", but to get rid of the leaven of sin before it infects the rest of the Body.

Believers can regard any day of the week to honor the Lord or not honor the Lord because Jesus Christ in us is able to make us stand regardless. It is when one judges that man for not regarding a day as unto the Lord is where those who judge may find themselves judged by Him for doing so.
You are free to regard any day you want. You are NOT free to work on the 7th day.

So then you are living after the flesh.
You concluded that based on Romans 8:7?? You are not subjecting yourself to the law of YHWH. Therefore, it is you that is carnally minded and living after the flesh.

If I am keeping the law in following Him, that is not living by faith in Him to enable me to follow Him under the New Covenant by the grace of God.
What does Romans 3:31 mean to you?

I do believe I should leave the thread since there is an impasse, and it is the Lord's commandment to withdraw from striving about the law. I withdraw to admonish you as my brother in the hopes that one day He will lead you to repentance so that your faith in Him may shine apart from the law.
My faith shines in him through my works (including obeying the law).

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
I'll be praying for your spiritual eyes to be opened regarding the Sabbath. Shalom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are required to judge those within the Body and YHWH judges those outside the Body 91 Corinthians 5:12-13). That judging does not mean "condemn to death", but to get rid of the leaven of sin before it infects the rest of the Body.

You are free to regard any day you want. You are NOT free to work on the 7th day.

You concluded that based on Romans 8:7?? You are not subjecting yourself to the law of YHWH. Therefore, it is you that is carnally minded and living after the flesh.

What does Romans 3:31 mean to you?

My faith shines in him through my works (including obeying the law).

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
I'll be praying for your spiritual eyes to be opened regarding the Sabbath. Shalom.

Personally I like to Put James 2:18 this way! Yea, a man may say, Thou hast Faith, and I have works: Show me thy faith without thy works, and I will Show Thee My Faith By What I Do, and How I Live!

I give you credit, these people are caught up in the Delusion that Grace is all that is needed, they tend to Ignore" If You Love Me Keep My Commandment's" Our Savior did not come in His Own name, He came in the Name Of His Father, and He did all that the Father Commanded Him. I will be Praying for your strength to continue with this Thread, You are far more knowledgeable than myself! be Blessed

Reactions: gadar perets

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I confess my sin and ask for forgiveness through Yeshua's shed blood. Then I endeavor to not commit the same sin again (repentance).
So your only interest is in pleasing Jesus in whatever way you understand how to do that.
You have no interest in edifying the church which is your 2nd commandment
So far all you've done is battle everyone, insisting you are right and we are wrong.
Have you started your own church on this?
You'll probably make a lot of money.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I like to Put James 2:18 this way! Yea, a man may say, Thou hast Faith, and I have works: Show me thy faith without thy works, and I will Show Thee My Faith By What I Do, and How I Live!

James's faith without works cannot be applied towards faith in Jesus Christ for salvation because it is without works. James' faith without works can only be applied to what he was correcting the church about. When a church verbalized faith in God's Providence to the departing poor after service "to be warmed & to be filled" without meeting their immediate needs from the bounty collected, it is in the eyes of the poor that the church's faith in God's Providence is dead for why the church's faith will not "profit" the poor nor "save" the poor. The church should lead by example.

I give you credit, these people are caught up in the Delusion that Grace is all that is needed, they tend to Ignore" If You Love Me Keep My Commandment's" Our Savior did not come in His Own name, He came in the Name Of His Father, and He did all that the Father Commanded Him. I will be Praying for your strength to continue with this Thread, You are far more knowledgeable than myself! be Blessed

If you are going to cite His words in regards to His commandments, then show a verse in any of the four gospel where He actually commanded His disciples to keep the sabbath. Failing that, then find a verse in any of the other N.T. books where the churches were commanded or even reminded to keep the sabbath. Failing both, then there is no delusion when there are plenty of verses about not judging any one by the sabbath day including Jesus's own words in Matthew 12:1-8.

I shall withdraw from discussing this with you in this thread as well so as to admonish you for judging any believer guilty for not keeping the sabbath day.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James's faith without works cannot be applied towards faith in Jesus Christ for salvation because it is without works. James' faith without works can only be applied to what he was correcting the church about. When a church verbalized faith in God's Providence to the departing poor after service "to be warmed & to be filled" without meeting their immediate needs from the bounty collected, it is in the eyes of the poor that the church's faith in God's Providence is dead for why the church's faith will not "profit" the poor nor "save" the poor. The church should lead by example.

If you are going to cite His words in regards to His commandments, then show a verse in any of the four gospel where He actually commanded His disciples to keep the sabbath. Failing that, then find a verse in any of the other N.T. books where the churches were commanded or even reminded to keep the sabbath. Failing both, then there is no delusion when there are plenty of verses about not judging any one by the sabbath day including Jesus's own words in Matthew 12:1-8.

I shall withdraw from discussing this with you in this thread as well so as to admonish you for judging any believer guilty for not keeping the sabbath day.

NO! I will ask you to Show me anywhere in the Whole of Scripture, that by Any Authority Be it Our Savior or any of the Apostles, that the Sabbath was changed to sunday, and please do not Quote anything about the Lord being raised on the first day to Establish this false Sabbath, which was established by Constantine!!
Look up the council of Laodicea, cannon 29, Established with Great Authority, Yes a Roman Emperor in the late 3rd century. Which also establishes that the early believer's still kept the Sabbath!

Last edited:
Reactions: gadar perets

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As much as some believers switch Friday sunset to Saturday sunset's original sabbath to Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset as the new sabbath,
sabbath day keepers are still fallen from grace when they BOTH contend that we are to "obey" keeping the sabbath day. So regardless of which day it is, sabbath day keepers are sinning against the Lord by voiding faith in Him as being Lord of the sabbath by judging non sabbath day keepers.

Further illustration of your sickness with the Sabbath.

You, writing, '~sabbath day keepers are sinning ... by judging non sabbath day keepers~' is YOU judging them, not they, judging you. You, several times now, have judged '~sabbath day keepers~', that they '~are fallen from grace~'. But not you of course, because you '~contend~' you are not '~to "obey" keeping the sabbath day~' according to the words of Jesus.

Not even the Faithful Witness Jesus Christ having declared that the Words of God judged everyone, would judge the worst sinners the way you do.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO! I will ask you to Show me anywhere in the Whole of Scripture, that by Any Authority Be it Our Savior or any of the Apostles, that the Sabbath was changed to sunday, and please do not Quote anything about the Lord being raised on the first day to Establish this false Sabbath, which was established by Constantine!!

I am not contending for Sunday being the new sabbath day. That's somebody else.

I am contending that all believers are guiltless for profaning the sabbath day because Jesus Christ is in us.

Look up the council of Laodicea, cannon 29, Established with Great Authority, Yes a Roman Emperor in the late 3rd century. Which also establishes that the early believer's still kept the Sabbath!

Regardless of what had happened in church's history, scripture in the N.T. says otherwise about observing the sabbath day or regarding the day.

Galatians 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

As for evidence for when they worship, we see an order given out for after their collection that the church was to set aside a portion fr the ministry of the saints before the church decides what to do with the rest of it in their liberality towards others.

1 Corinthians 16:1Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

This order was given so that no need for special collection for visiting missionary to avoid giving them the appearance of covetousness.

So regardless of the errors that crept into the churches down through history or who claim to be the source for what, because we have scriptures giving enough evidence that we are not to judge any one for regarding the sabbath day or not whether they choose it to be Saturday or Sunday.

Even the Nicene creed is not totally Biblical in regards to the "practice" of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son.

You are to prove all things by Him and as far as His words under the New Covenant, we are not to judge any one as guilty for not regarding the sabbath day because Jesus Christ is in them as He is able to make them stand for why they are guiltless for profaning the sabbath. Matthew 12:1-8

If you are not accepting those scripture for what I am contending for, then we are at an impasse as well and so I will lean on Him to withdraw from discussing this topic with you. All I can ask you to do is pray about this and expect an answer.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Further illustration of your sickness with the Sabbath.

You, writing, '~sabbath day keepers are sinning ... by judging non sabbath day keepers~' is YOU judging them, not they, judging you. You, several times now, have judged '~sabbath day keepers~', that they '~are fallen from grace~'. But not you of course, because you '~contend~' you are not '~to "obey" keeping the sabbath day~' according to the words of Jesus.

Not even the Faithful Witness Jesus Christ having declared that the Words of God judged everyone, would judge the worst sinners the way you do.

I would not be judging if you were not judging those who do not obey keeping the sabbath as guilty.

Matthew 7:1Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

So after clearing the air about that point, I leave you in His hands by withdrawing from discussing this with you to avoid any biting and devouring that may result when we obviously disagree, okay brother?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus did say that they were profaning the sabbath in those 2 references to the O.T. but they were guiltless because of being in the Temple and then Jesus said One greater than the Temple was here in regards to His defending His disciples.

To 'profane' does not mean to sin or to transgress the Commandment by breaking the Sabbath or with gleeful disgust to trample upon it as some or most people find their Sabbaths' delight in today. To 'profane' means simply to 'apply to the commoners' advantage', EXACTLY what the priests were supposed to do on Sabbath days in the temple, "and were guilt-LESS". The fact Jesus said they were guiltless, implies the Commandment stood fast and the priests did not, 'break the Sabbath'.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I would not be judging if you were not judging those who do not obey keeping the sabbath as guilty.

Matthew 7:1Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

So after clearing the air about that point, I leave you in His hands by withdrawing from discussing this with you to avoid any biting and devouring that may result when we obviously disagree, okay brother?

What a relief...

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Constantine lived 3, 4 hundred years after "in fullness of the Sabbath precisely in the mid-afternoon daylight before the First Day of the week there came a great earthquake and the angel of the Lord cast the stone away from the tomb" of Jesus "WHEN God by the exceeding effort of his mighty power, RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD", "LORD AND CHRIST!" Matthew 28:1-4 Ephesians 1:15-23 Acts 2:36.
From where do you come with '~please do not Quote anything about the Lord being raised on the first day to Establish this false Sabbath, which was established by Constantine!!~'? Jesus in Full Fellowship of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit rose from the dead, from death and from the grave "ON THE SABBATH ... the LORD GOD RESTED": "the day The Seventh Day", which the Lord Jesus "the Son of Man, is Lord of": "The Lord's Day".

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, in other words, we can freely sin because our sins are not imputed against us???
You are doing teh religious thing, free to not as in, just go do what you want, free as in if you screw up, God isnt going to beat you to death, which is what so many christians are afraid of.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am dead to the law of keeping the sabbath day as it is Christ Who lives in me.

And I, a believer of the Seventh Day Sabbath, do confess the same. Can it be that it is because of Christ who was "given to the Church as Head ... God having raised Him from the dead" ... "on the Sabbath" ... "the Seventh Day God THUS CONCERNING SPAKE ... in times past through the prophets in many ways, and in these last days, BY THE SON", that "GOD the Seventh Day from all his works, RESTED"!? Can it be that therefore, I may, trusting, confidently witness and confess with all my heart, ~I am dead to the law of keeping the sabbath day as it is Christ Who lives in me~? God is faithful; so is the Christ of God—I may trust.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
To keep the sabbath day is hardly resting in the Lord Jesus Christ nor is it recognizing His righteousness apart from the law

I agree to keep the Sabbath Day is hardly resting in the Lord Jesus Christ. Rather to believe and accept his keeping of "My", God's, "Holy Day" in our place and on our behalf, is to recognise His Righteousness for and as the Law of God for us, "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS"... the very Old Testament Word of God in the New Testament come true in Christ.