Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus is glorified as Lord of the Sabbath for a reason. Satan has deceived sabbath day keepers into working to keep the sabbath day rather than rest in Him from working to keep the sabbath day.

The malady gets more and more serious.

Jesus is glorified as Lord of the Sabbath for a reason. That reason is defined: "The God of our fathers RAISED UP JESUS whom ye slew and hanged on a tree: HIM, hath God exalted equal with his Right Hand, PRINCE AND SAVIOUR"; "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God hath made that same Jesus whom ye have crucified, both LORD AND CHRIST... THIS Jesus hath God RAISED UP THEREFORE BEING BY THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD EXALTED."

'~Satan~' nor '~sabbath day keepers~' had, nor have, part in God's Glory in the face of Jesus Christ which you are here calling a 'deception' and 'sabbath day keepers'' evil 'working'.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Constantine lived 3, 4 hundred years after "in fullness of the Sabbath precisely in the mid-afternoon daylight before the First Day of the week there came a great earthquake and the angel of the Lord cast the stone away from the tomb" of Jesus "WHEN God by the exceeding effort of his mighty power, RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD", "LORD AND CHRIST!" Matthew 28:1-4 Ephesians 1:15-23 Acts 2:36.
From where do you come with '~please do not Quote anything about the Lord being raised on the first day to Establish this false Sabbath, which was established by Constantine!!~'? Jesus in Full Fellowship of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit rose from the dead, from death and from the grave "ON THE SABBATH ... the LORD GOD RESTED": "the day The Seventh Day", which the Lord Jesus "the Son of Man, is Lord of": "The Lord's Day".

Are you agreeing with the Original, Friday sundown to Saturday sundown , or are you agreeing with the Sun-Day Sabbath

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I give you credit, these people are caught up in the Delusion that Grace is all that is needed, they tend to Ignore" If You Love Me Keep My Commandment's" Our Savior did not come in His Own name, He came in the Name Of His Father, and He did all that the Father Commanded Him. I will be Praying for your strength to continue with this Thread, You are far more knowledgeable than myself! be Blessed

over and over the one the other the Sundayer the Sabbather the Sabbather the Sundayer judging one another. It is to get sick of.

"The day The Seventh Day is Sabbath OF: THE LORD GOD!"

Enough!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its all this

Luk 5:36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

Still trying to mix the old with the new, all you get is religion.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are you agreeing with the Original, Friday sundown to Saturday sundown , or are you agreeing with the Sun-Day Sabbath

There is no such thing as '~the Original, Friday sundown to Saturday sundown ... Sabbath~' in Scripture anywhere. There only is the Sabbath the 'original' "Seventh Day" that after "it was evening and it was morning the Sixth Day ... in the evening cool of day" started and lasted through its morning when God "drove out the man ... and sent him forth from the garden of Eden ... and placed at the east of the garden angels and a Flaming Sword which turned every direction to guard the Way of the Tree of Life" ... until the Light of the world was come in the flesh and dwelt among men and was killed and buried and "the third day according to the Scriptures" "in the end of the Sabbath in the mid-daylight afternoon" resurrected from the dead.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Still trying to mix the old with the new, all you get is religion.

Give me that old time religion, it's good enough for me. Give me that same old time Lord God of the faith of the fathers of our Christian religion, He is the Only that is good enough for me. Don't mix Him up with anything, old or new. He is the never changing One and "Only Law-Giver" who is, The Law... "The Word", the Word of the GOD, good enough for me.

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not accepting those scripture for what I am contending for, then we are at an impasse as well and so I will lean on Him to withdraw from discussing this topic with you. All I can ask you to do is pray about this and expect an answer.

Galatians 4:7-9 -7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a Son, then an Heir of God through Christ!! 8- But then, Indeed, When you did not know God, You Served those which by nature are not god's!! that is the context, 9- But now after you have known God, or rather are Known by God, How Is It That You Turn Again To the Weak and Beggarly Element's, to Which you Desire Again to Be in Bondage?
These are Gentile's so to speak returning to their Vomit!

Colossians- 2:16-17 - So let no one Judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a Festival or a new Moon or Sabbath's! - 17 Which are a Shadow of thing's to Come, But the Body of Christ.
Again these were Gentile's that had come to Salvation, and then were being persuaded by those that still were practicing Pagan way's!!

Let me put it like this! So let no one that has not received Christ, Judge you in food or drink, or regarding a Festival or a new Moon or Sabbath's, do not let them try to bring Guilt upon yourself because you are doing the thing's that are a Shadow of thing's to come, which Paul has taught you and instructed you in! these people were now the minority in their Villages or town's, and there was tremendous disdain because they no longer followed after false deities.

As far as Romans I do not disagree, we are not to judge, But within the Body there is to be a watch, there need's to be someone on the Tower to keep wickedness from creeping in.
Maybe we are at an Impasse, for I will continue to try to get People to understand that the Forth Commandment is as Valid today as it was When God Created the Heaven's and the Earth.
Let there be no resentment between us, We will be examined in the End, for there is a Just and True Judge. Shalom, Peace to You

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as '~the Original, Friday sundown to Saturday sundown ... Sabbath~' in Scripture anywhere. There only is the Sabbath the 'original' "Seventh Day" that after "it was evening and it was morning the Sixth Day ... in the evening cool of day" started and lasted through its morning when God "drove out the man ... and sent him forth from the garden of Eden ... and placed at the east of the garden angels and a Flaming Sword which turned every direction to guard the Way of the Tree of Life" ... until the Light of the world was come in the flesh and dwelt among men and was killed and buried and "the third day according to the Scriptures" "in the end of the Sabbath in the mid-daylight afternoon" resurrected from the dead.

Sorry, I am Totally Lost. Peace to you!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So your only interest is in pleasing Jesus in whatever way you understand how to do that.
You have no interest in edifying the church which is your 2nd commandment
By pleasing YHWH and Yeshua I automatically keep the 2nd commandment which, btw, is not to "edify the church", but to love my neighbor.

So far all you've done is battle everyone, insisting you are right and we are wrong.
My intent was to educate. Then you all started to fight against me. I am merely defending Scripture from your attacks.

Have you started your own church on this?
You'll probably make a lot of money.
We were forced to start our own assembly since our "loving" brothers in Messiah will not accept us. No, we haven't made a dime. Truth is not to be sold.

Reactions: Truth

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You are doing teh religious thing, free to not as in, just go do what you want, free as in if you screw up, God isnt going to beat you to death, which is what so many christians are afraid of.
I haven't seen any posts by Sabbath keepers saying we are fearful of being beaten to death for sinning. That is just you being your theatrical, accusatory self.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Law... good enough for me.
Well it wasnt good enough for Him so He gave us Christ.

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well it wasnt good enough for Him so He gave us Christ.

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
I wholeheartedly agree with Romans 8:3. However, you seem to use it to show God abolished the law and replaced it with His Son. Is that what you believe it means?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wholeheartedly agree with Romans 8:3. However, you seem to use it to show God abolished the law and replaced it with His Son. Is that what you believe it means?
Oh you really dont get it do you. From Adam to Moses there was sin but no law, we where seperated from God with know way back, because Sin brought in death and seperated us from God but there was no law to condemn us, So God in all His wisdom, wrote the law in stone, now not only wasthe law was able to condemn us, but it now gave God a way to redeem man back to Himself. Without teh law in stone Jesus would never have being able to be condemned by teh law, now He could be, was, and He carried "our" sin to the grave, which because it was ours and none of His, the grave could not Hold Him so He was redeemed back to our Father.

So you see, teh law being good in that it shows "bad" people what not to do, all it can do is condemn man kind, it cannot save anyone, and those who choose it over grace will always live in condemnation because it just teh law doing what it has always done and will always do.

Rom_4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your only interest is in pleasing Jesus in whatever way you understand how to do that.
You have no interest in edifying the church which is your 2nd commandment
So far all you've done is battle everyone, insisting you are right and we are wrong.
Have you started your own church on this?
You'll probably make a lot of money.

My I wade in on this, I know for a fact that in the whole of Scripture, that there is not one Authority, weather it be Our Savior, or any of the Apostles, or any of the early Church Father's that specifically state that the Sabbath is now changed! the only place I find any one Person with Great Authority making that Change, is during the Council of Laodicea, Cannon 29, this is the only place where a Man named Constantine, passed a law that forbid anyone to keep the Sabbath, or anything Jewish. Everyone was to work on the Sabbath, and rest if at all possible on the Lord's Day-- sunday, Constantine was a worshiper of the sun-god Mithra, they would face the east and worship the sun- thus sun-day. and by following this Law you are in essence keeping the edict of a man, not God! so maybe you are a Romanest yourself!!! And there is also no Command in the NT from the Apostles to keep the Sabbath, but that would not be anything but that they already knew that the Sabbath was still Valid.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Oh you really dont get it do you. From Adam to Moses there was sin but no law,
Then explain this;

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
Laws existed. They just weren't codified until Moses.

So you see, teh law being good in that it shows "bad" people what not to do, all it can do is condemn man kind, it cannot save anyone, and those who choose it over grace will always live in condemnation because it just teh law doing what it has always done and will always do.

Rom_4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Again you bring up salvation by law when none of us say we are saved by law. Nor do we choose law over grace or live in condemnation. We live in freedom from sin (transgression of the law).

Since you did not answer my question about Romans 8:3, I will expound upon that verse and passage.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
The law is weak to condemn sin in the flesh. That is not its function. Its function is to point out sin when it is broken. YHWH sent Yeshua to condemn sin in the flesh. The law is also weak to bring about obedience when it is approached carnally without the Spirit. When approached with the Spirit, we can fulfill "the righteousness of the law". Yes, believe it or not, there is a righteousness inherent in the law that only walking in the Spirit can fulfill.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
"Death" results because the carnal, fleshly minded man hates YHWH and cannot possibly submit to His laws. On the other hand, the man who walks in the Spirit loves YHWH and can easily submit to His laws as a fruit of that love. This results in life and peace.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous.​