Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
These are merely excuses to continue in sin and a lack of faith in trusting in YHWH to provide should they choose to obey Him. Do you not think YHWH will provide an even better job for them if they choose to obey Him by not working on the 7th day? Your "Sabbath on any day of the week" doctrine will not stand come judgment day. That does not mean such Christians will lose their salvation, but they most certainly will lose rewards in the Kingdom.

Preserving life and health is a valid reason for working on Sabbath. However, if such people can get the 7th off from such work, they should. Most nurses do not work seven days a week. Instead of getting off on Sunday, they can ask for Saturday off.

More excuses. Plumbing problems can wait until Sunday to get fixed.

I don't know what "doing it tough" means. If God commands something, then we are to obey. He has already commanded His people to not work on the 7th day. So if we hear a voice telling us to work on the 7th day, we better be very sure it is HIS voice and not our own or the adversaries.

There is no such thing as "the New Covenant Sabbath". The OC Sabbath has been carried over into the NC.

So if one is a valid reason. Why aren't the others? Everything I mentioned in that post and there is much more I haven't mentioned like Christian vetanarians helping out injured animals, Christian Cops doing their best to keep the communities safe, they are doing good on a Saturday.

So what's the difference? Especially when they start of the day in prayer and put the day in the Lord's hands.

The Christian working attitude, is in whatever you do, you do to the Lord, and not for your own sake, but the sake of others, for their good, for when you do good for others, you are also doing good for the Lord.

So let's look at Mark 3:4 again.

So is it lawful to do good to others on the Sabbath? Yes it is

Is it right to do evil on any day of the week? Of course not....

Is it lawful to save a life on the Sabbath? Yes it is.

Is it right to kill anyone at anytime? No way...

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So if one is a valid reason. Why aren't the others? Everything I mentioned in that post and there is much more I haven't mentioned like Christian vetanarians helping out injured animals, Christian Cops doing their best to keep the communities safe, they are doing good on a Saturday.

So what's the difference? Especially when they start of the day in prayer and put the day in the Lord's hands.
The difference is whether or not you are preserving life and/or health. Working at a restaurant, which was one of your examples, does neither.
I believe the Almighty extends grace to vets, cops, nurses, doctors, etc., but not when others are available to work on Sabbath instead. In other words, if I am a Sabbath keeping nurse, I should work on Sabbath only when no one else is available. The fact is, there are usually others available to work in any of those professions. I have a member of the SWAT team in my congregation. He has no problem taking off on Sabbath instead of taking off on any other day of the week. When you are committed to obeying your Creator, He makes a way.

The Christian working attitude, is in whatever you do, you do to the Lord, and not for your own sake, but the sake of others, for their good, for when you do good for others, you are also doing good for the Lord.
Unless your doing good is sin. I could rationalize that stealing from a grocery store in order to feed the poor would be doing good. I can even do it unto the Lord. However, it would still be sin. Obviously, this example won't sit well with you because you know stealing is wrong. Sadly, you have been taught that breaking the Sabbath is not wrong. I know for a fact it is wrong. Therefore, I could never rationalize breaking the Sabbath for any worldly reason as doing good even if it is unto the Lord.

So let's look at Mark 3:4 again.

So is it lawful to do good to others on the Sabbath? Yes it is

Is it right to do evil on any day of the week? Of course not....

Is it lawful to save a life on the Sabbath? Yes it is.

Is it right to kill anyone at anytime? No way...
I agree. Keep in mind, however, that the Sabbath Yeshua was referring to is the 7th day of the week. He is teaching us that it is good to do well on the 7th day of the week. He is not saying we can do secular work on the 7th day and rest on any other day.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as sabbath day keepers keep reminding believers to remember to keep the sabbath day holy, no one will find any such reminder in the New Testament at all. Indeed, it is hardly an issue at all in any church of the N.T. and even for the 7 churches in the Book of Revelation.

Its absence should be telling how important reminding believers to keep the sabbath day holy is. No reminder; then no need to keep the sabbath day holy.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is our foundation, this bit,

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

without Him as our foundation, we are standing on shifting sand as you can see.

1Co_10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

There you go!! take a statement out of context and try to be Arbitrary, I was speaking about Prophecy, not about My Savior!

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as sabbath day keepers keep reminding believers to remember to keep the sabbath day holy, no one will find any such reminder in the New Testament at all. Indeed, it is hardly an issue at all in any church of the N.T. and even for the 7 churches in the Book of Revelation.

Not relevant today? Only because you and many professing Christians do not understand or “see” the ominous warnings and consequence the Sabbath brings when NOT obeyed!

The Seventh Day Sabbaths is well taught and documented in both the Old and New Testament. However, God changed the day from the Seventh Day to the First Day in Matthew 28:1. It is difficult to “see” this change in any Bible translations except in the original Greek manuscripts.

1 What is the significance of obeying the observance of the Seventh Day Sabbath, which was never abrogated and to keep it holy?

2 Why was the punishment of stoning to death the man who picked up sticks in Numbers 15 so severe?

3 Why did God change the Sabbath Day from the Seventh to the First day?

4 Why is the context of Isaiah 58:13-14 NOT speaking of the Seventh Day Sabbath but the First Day?

5 What is the significance of the “rest” we have in Jesus?

All the above need to be answered to arrive at a definite conclusion in understanding the significance of the Seventh and First Day Sabbath!

God is a God of Order and everything He does has a purpose and He does it perfectly.

To God Be The Glory

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is utter foolishness. The Scriptures teach monotheism, not your polytheism. "Elohim" is a plural word, but not always. When used of the one true God, it is the plural of majesty, not of number.

Let me educate you. In the Hebrew language there are three numbers. We only have two in the English language. The three numbers are singular, dual, and plural. Singular number speaks of “one,” dual numbers speaks of “two,” and plural numbers speaks of “three or more.”

When a Hebrew noun ends in “im” the plural number is indicated. In Genesis 1:1 it is said that Elohim, note the plural ending [im] was the creator, not just one, not just two but at least three are involved in the act of creation.

The verb however is singular “bara.” We might render it in this way...”In the beginning, God [plural] He [singular] created [singular] the heaven and the earth.” Seems like a contradiction, doesn’t it? If the subject GOD is plural, then the verb and inferred personal pronoun should be plural as well, according to the rules of grammar. In other words, in the beginning Gods “They” created the heaven and the earth.

The point is however that the Bible distinctly teaches that although God subsists in three different persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit yet He is still ONE GOD and NOT three GODS!

The opening of the Bible is of course not the only place we find this interesting interchange of combination between the singular and the plural. As in Matthew 28 and Genesis 1:26-27, and there are many more like examples. By your own admission you searched the Scriptures as the Bereans, yet in my estimation you have not really. I might as well add this passage: “It is the glory of GOD to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.

Tell me. Where in the Bible does it explicitly say that Dagon or Baal-zebub as being the same Elohim as the GOD of the Bible, subsisting in three distinct persons yet ONE GOD? Can you name the three persons in Dagon or in Baalzebub?

The Jews would not accept the gift. They put it from them. They turned away everlasting life by rejecting the Word of God (in this case the Gospel).

Aside from unsaved man NOT having the power to accept the things of GOD. He is also spiritually dead therefore he has no life in him. Jesus said: “He that is of GOD heareth GOD’S words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of GOD” (John 8:47).

Jun said:
We could render therefore Genesis 1:1 this way:
“In the beginning, the Gods created the heaven and the earth.”

Gadar said:
This is utter foolishness. The Scriptures teach monotheism, not your polytheism. "Elohim" is a plural word, but not always. When used of the one true God, it is the plural of majesty, not of number.

“Elohim is a plural word but not always??? Where do you read that and where do you read the word “Elohim” is indicative of the word “majesty?” Chapter and verse, please. Read my definition of the “singular” and “plural” concept above, it is not that difficult to understand!

Here is another of the singular and plural concept in Genesis 1:26-27, but I will speak about it later.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
if you just Quote some of the voluminous Scripture on this he goes away fwiw :)
Why, you still stumbling over that stumbling block, "the law". Thst is as close as you will ever get to Christ, as you will keep falling over it, there is a reason why its called a stumbling block.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The true saints of God will keep the commandments of God and the faith of Yeshua (Revelation 14:12). You think you walk in faith, but your lack of works say otherwise.
Have you seeing Christ?? Well I have, and I got there, not because of any works, but simply because I believe. You are still insisting on the old covenant, everything you do is of teh old,

this bit

Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

crazy thing is it was never yours in teh first place. teh old is all about the flesh, the new is all by teh spirit.

Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Act 2:12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?
Act 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

God bless

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There you go!! take a statement out of context and try to be Arbitrary, I was speaking about Prophecy, not about My Savior!

What, do you have an issue with Jesus being our foundation, try building on anything else and you get forums just liek this one, filled with very confused people.

God bless

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Greek word "heorte" means "a feast day, festival". Paul is listing the three main times when believers gather to worship YHWH; feast days, new moons and Sabbaths.

There is no '~Greek word "heorte"~';
Paul is not '~listing the three main times~'; he "encourages" / "comforts" the believers.
There is no Greek word '~day~' Singular or Plural.
There is no Greek word '~feast~' Nominative or Accusative and no Greek word '~feasts~' Plural Nominative or Accusative,
kept or '~listed when believers gather to worship~';
there is only the Sabbath,
implied: through believers' (spiritual),
"eating and drinking" ['brohsehi kai posehi' (Nominative 'brohsis kai posis')]:
"either ['eh']: of Feast ['heortehs']
"or of month's ['eh neomehnias']
"or of weekly Sabbaths'(-feast) ['eh Sabbatohn']",
and thus there is only the Sabbath, mentioned as well.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No, but Jesus made it clear that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.....So that straightens it out for me....This is not what you would term a sin nor a law, it was made for us, so we could not be compelled to work non stop 7 days a week.....To set it aside for the Lord is lovely, but shouldn't we have time for Him every day ? The Hebrews were asked to keep that day Holy, but we are not Hebrews, the law was never given to the Gentiles, so why do we try so hard to be according to the Old Testament....Jesus made it clear that the two cannot be mixed...

This now is one of the best... kind of "wisdom" Colossians 2:18 specifically refers to, rejects, and warns against.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I’m not exactly sure what you are asking, but if you want me to tell you which Feast days were not also weekly Sabbaths, I would say all of them. They can fall on a weekly Sabbath in any given year, but there are none that fall on a weekly Sabbath every year. For example, the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Abib 15 – a sabbaton) always falls the day after the Passover lambs were sacrificed (Abib 14), but Abib 14 can fall on any day of the week.

It's one thing no one can deny even though most disagree with thanks to it's Sunday Christianity for you...

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In that case, you will need to keep every day holy in the same way that your Creator commanded the Sabbath to be kept holy; by not working. The fact is, you can choose to esteem every day holy, but our Creator only made one day holy; the 7th day Sabbath.

Try telling that to the man who was gathering sticks on the Sabbath. Your view is easy for someone who doesn't work hard throughout the week or for someone that has plenty of time available to spend with his/her Creator, but that is not the case for those who do work hard or have no time to spend with Him and to worship Him in the way He commands. What you are saying is that He gives you rest even while you are disobeying Him and trampling on/working on the 7th day.

Exodus 23:2 Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil;​

Really, Christians can get just too much... I wonder if even for God...

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
.How could ANY day not be Holy.

Because only God could make any day not a, but "the day": "holy": TO HIM. How many times more had the LORD to say, "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath: OF: THE LORD GOD" before you will come to realise it's not for you or anyone to decide a day or all days are holy? "The day The Seventh Day IS: Sabbath: OF: THE LORD GOD" the LORD GOD says--, "has said, BY THE SON, in these, last days"!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because only God could make any day not a, but "the day": "holy": TO HIM. How many times more had the LORD to say, "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath: OF: THE LORD GOD" before you will come to realise it's not for you or anyone to decide a day or all days are holy? "The day The Seventh Day IS: Sabbath: OF: THE LORD GOD" the LORD GOD says--, "has said, BY THE SON, in these, last days"!

Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

and so many are not resting, still walking in unbelief, you wont find unbelief in the law, but it today is the greatest sin of all, because it says, "I dont believe", if there is such a thing as a greatest sin.