Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If the fulfillment of the Feast Days was "imminent" in Paul's day, that means they weren't fulfilled yet, but were going to be.

Paul does not mean or say '~the Feast Days~' were "imminent"; neither did I. He is not speaking about '~the Feast Days~'! Where do you read '~the Feast Days~' in Colossians anywhere?!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You did not answer my questions about how Yeshua fulfilled Yom Teruah and the Jubilee.

Without even knowing what '~Yom Teruah~' means I can assure you Jesus fulfilled it through "according to the Scriptures (having) DIED, (having been) BURIED and (having been) RAISED THE THIRD DAY" : OF THE PASSOVER OF YAHWEH.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yeshua will fulfill the rest of prophecy and the remaining shadows in our future.

There are no more '~remaining shadows in our future~'. "In Him was Life and The Life was the Light of men ... of His Fullness have all we received ... for the Law was given by Moses; but grace and truth, came by Jesus Christ."

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Mine is the literal, precise rendering and is what the Greek says and nothing than what the Greek says and the WHOLE of what the Greek says. The usual is the biased, incorrect interpretation, and strange, non-translation.

So to aver '~Not only can you not translate the Greek 'krino' as "judge" and "condemn" in the same sentence since it only appears once in that verse,~' is plain ridiculousness showing total linguistic ignorance in Greek or English regardless. "Judge" and "condemn" are both meanings of 'krinoh' as both "body" and "substance" are primary meanings of 'sohma'.
You are the one displaying your ignorance for all to see. Yes, "krino" means "judge" and "condemn". Since when is a single word translated by two English words? What's worse is that you add the word "and" between "judge" and "condemn" making it seem like they are not referring to the same word. Utterly misleading.

And no, "soma" does NOT mean "substance".

And who says I say the "Body of Christ" does not refer to the Church but '~to the "substance" of Feast days~'? But "Christ being The Substance" of the Church's "eating and drinking of Feast" means Christ indeed is, the Substance of Feast, "the NOURISHMENT ministered" to the Body the Church at "Sabbaths' Feast", whereby the Body the Church "grows with the growth of God". Which you must have read I translated 100% correctly but conveniently and on purpose do ignore.
I did not ignore anything. I totally reject everything in your man-made Greek translation. Is there anyone in the world that translates Colossians 2:12-19 the way you do? If so, please cite the reference.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Paul does not mean or say '~the Feast Days~' were "imminent"; neither did I. He is not speaking about '~the Feast Days~'! Where do you read '~the Feast Days~' in Colossians anywhere?!
The Greek word "heorte" means "a feast day, festival". Paul is listing the three main times when believers gather to worship YHWH; feast days, new moons and Sabbaths.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Without even knowing what '~Yom Teruah~' means I can assure you Jesus fulfilled it through "according to the Scriptures (having) DIED, (having been) BURIED and (having been) RAISED THE THIRD DAY" : OF THE PASSOVER OF YAHWEH.
Yom Teruah is also known as "the Day of Trumpets" or "the Day of Shouting" and is the first day of the 7th month of YHWH's calendar in the heavens. It amazes me that you don't know what it is, yet you can assure me that Yeshua fulfilled it. That is the epitome of wishful thinking. So, now that you know what it is, where is the fulfillment of it?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It doesn't say rest from work on any day you want,
No, but Jesus made it clear that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.....So that straightens it out for me....This is not what you would term a sin nor a law, it was made for us, so we could not be compelled to work non stop 7 days a week.....To set it aside for the Lord is lovely, but shouldn't we have time for Him every day ? The Hebrews were asked to keep that day Holy, but we are not Hebrews, the law was never given to the Gentiles, so why do we try so hard to be according to the Old Testament....Jesus made it clear that the two cannot be mixed...

Reactions: Josho

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yom Teruah is also known as "the Day of Trumpets" or "the Day of Shouting" and is the first day of the 7th month of YHWH's calendar in the heavens. It amazes me that you don't know what it is, yet you can assure me that Yeshua fulfilled it. That is the epitome of wishful thinking. So, now that you know what it is, where is the fulfillment of it?
Oooo, now I remember, ~the first day of the 7th month of...~ no, "the first day of the 7th month FOR, YOU..." Israel, Israel in the northern hemisphere ON THE EARTH, which "YOU", to be exact, THEY, Israel, had to "work out and declare / PROCLAIM TO ITS, SEASON"!

What ~YHWH's calendar in the heavens~'' are you, talking about? You do amaze me!

But thanks, you have given me an amazing idea now! So until God willing I shall be back again.... No, I was defeated by my own idea.

But the reason why the first day of the Seventh Month was '~Yom Teruah aka "the Day of Trumpets" or "the Day of Shouting"~' is obvious. It's simply because it's WRITTEN, "ye shall have" it. So what? "Ye shall have" it, "a sabbath day".

But let me return a question to you. Can you show any day besides this the 1st day of the Seventh Month '~"Day of Trumpets" or "Day of Shouting"~' which was not the Seventh Day Sabbath?
I believe, EVEN THOUGH a calendar of 30 days per month does not land the 1st day of the Seventh Month on the Seventh Day of the week Sabbath, I am confident there was no other floating through the week annual / seasonal day so characterised. In other words, only the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD or weekly Sabbath was THE "Day of Trumpets" so that what characterised "the day of the LORD", characterised "the Sabbath OF THE LORD" and no other day of the week.
For whatever it may be worth I am not prepared to be taken for being dogmatic about it though.

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No, but Jesus made it clear that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.....So that straightens it out for me....This is not what you would term a sin nor a law, it was made for us, so we could not be compelled to work non stop 7 days a week.....To set it aside for the Lord is lovely, but shouldn't we have time for Him every day ?
The Sabbath being made for man does not mean man can choose to keep it holy or not. It means the man is not to be ruled over by the Sabbath. If it must be broken for a valid reason such as the preservation of life or health, it can be. It is one of the Ten Commandments. Therefore, it is indeed a law which, when broken, is a sin.

Exodus 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to YHWH: whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.​

Men are not put to death for things that are not sin.

Yes, we should have time for Him every day, but we should also obey Him out of love and keep the 7th day holy by NOT working on it.

The Hebrews were asked to keep that day Holy, but we are not Hebrews, the law was never given to the Gentiles, so why do we try so hard to be according to the Old Testament....Jesus made it clear that the two cannot be mixed...
If you are in Messiah, then you are Abraham’s seed and, by extension, Isaac’s seed, Jacob’s seed and Yeshua’s seed. You need to understand your identity in Messiah. You are an Israelite through Yeshua. You are no longer a stranger to the commonwealth of Israel, but are of the Israel of God.

Yeshua said nothing about Torah not being part of the New Covenant. Do you not mix in OT commandments with the New by keeping the two greatest commandments as well as nine of the Ten Commandments?

Reactions: Truth

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What ~YHWH's calendar in the heavens~'' are you, talking about? You do amaze me!
I’m talking about YHWH’s calendar that is based on the sun and moon with each month beginning with the crescent moon. Our Gregorian calendar with its days beginning at midnight and its first month beginning in the dead of winter is not YHWH’s calendar.

But the reason why the first day of the Seventh Month was '~Yom Teruah aka "the Day of Trumpets" or "the Day of Shouting"~' is obvious. It's simply because it's WRITTEN, "ye shall have" it. So what? "Ye shall have" it, "a sabbath day".
So what??? The Almighty had a very specific reason for making that day holy time. It is a shadow of what is to come in His blessed plan of salvation as are all the other Feast days.

But let me return a question to you. Can you show any day besides this the 1st day of the Seventh Month '~"Day of Trumpets" or "Day of Shouting"~' which was not the Seventh Day Sabbath?
I believe, EVEN THOUGH a calendar of 30 days per month does not land the 1st day of the Seventh Month on the Seventh Day of the week Sabbath, I am confident there was no other floating through the week annual / seasonal day so characterised. In other words, only the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD or weekly Sabbath was THE "Day of Trumpets" so that what characterised "the day of the LORD", characterised "the Sabbath OF THE LORD" and no other day of the week.
For whatever it may be worth I am not prepared to be taken for being dogmatic about it though.
I’m not exactly sure what you are asking, but if you want me to tell you which Feast days were not also weekly Sabbaths, I would say all of them. They can fall on a weekly Sabbath in any given year, but there are none that fall on a weekly Sabbath every year. For example, the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Abib 15 – a sabbaton) always falls the day after the Passover lambs were sacrificed (Abib 14), but Abib 14 can fall on any day of the week.

Reactions: Truth

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
man does not mean man can choose to keep it holy or no
As I already pointed out, I see each and every day with Him as Holy...Being such a privileged to be in Him and with Him....How could ANY day not be Holy..He also provides all the rest we require, if and when we receive it.....My relationship with Him is obviously quite different from yours, but we both believe He is who He says He is, so as for all the rest...I don't want to enter never ending arguments over disputable things....Look around, and see how many do not see it as you do, or as I do.......

Reactions: Josho

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
As I already pointed out, I see each and every day with Him as Holy...Being such a privileged to be in Him and with Him....How could ANY day not be Holy..
In that case, you will need to keep every day holy in the same way that your Creator commanded the Sabbath to be kept holy; by not working. The fact is, you can choose to esteem every day holy, but our Creator only made one day holy; the 7th day Sabbath.

He also provides all the rest we require, if and when we receive it.....
Try telling that to the man who was gathering sticks on the Sabbath. Your view is easy for someone who doesn't work hard throughout the week or for someone that has plenty of time available to spend with his/her Creator, but that is not the case for those who do work hard or have no time to spend with Him and to worship Him in the way He commands. What you are saying is that He gives you rest even while you are disobeying Him and trampling on/working on the 7th day.

My relationship with Him is obviously quite different from yours, but we both believe He is who He says He is, so as for all the rest...I don't want to enter never ending arguments over disputable things....Look around, and see how many do not see it as you do, or as I do.......
Exodus 23:2 Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil;​

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I already pointed out, I see each and every day with Him as Holy...Being such a privileged to be in Him and with Him....How could ANY day not be Holy..He also provides all the rest we require, if and when we receive it.....My relationship with Him is obviously quite different from yours, but we both believe He is who He says He is, so as for all the rest...I don't want to enter never ending arguments over disputable things....Look around, and see how many do not see it as you do, or as I do.......

Do you believe what God said through His Prophet's?? This Prophecy is an End time Prophecy-OK. Jeremiah 16: 14-21, please read, 14 "Therefore behold, the day's are coming," says the Lord, "that it shall no more be said, " The Lord Lives who brought up the children of Israel from the Land of Egypt,
15- But, " The Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the Land of the North and from all the Lands where HE had driven them,"For I will bring them back into Their land which I gave to their Father's!
16- Behold, I will send for many Fishermen," says the Lord, and they shall fish them; [Yeshua said he would make the Apostles fishers of men] and afterward I will send for many Hunters, and they shall hunt them from every Mountain and every hill, and out of the Holes of the rocks. [ Hitler! hunted for every Jew he could, from every attic, every cellar, from every hiding place they the Jew Had] So just by reading we can see that this Prophecy is in a chronological order according to History!
17- "For My eye's are on their way's; they are not hidden from My Face, nor is their Iniquity hidden from My Eye's.
18-"And first I will repay double for their iniquity and their sin, because they [the Jews] have defiled My Land; they have filled My Inheritance with the carcasses of their detestable and Abominable Idols.
19- O Lord, my strength and my fortress, My refuge in the day of affliction,
The Gentiles shall come to You [the Jews] From the Ends of the Earth and Say
"Surely our Fathers have Inherited Lies, Worthlessness and Unprofitable [things] what could be the Lies that these Gentiles Inherited? and what would these Gentiles be turning to the Hebrew people for? When we inherit something, it could be good or bad, needless to say somethings that are handed down from generation to generation, just become the normal way of doing, but what if it is a lie, will it become Truth, just because we have practiced it for 1700 years?
20- Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?
21- Therefore Behold, I will this once cause them [the Gentiles] to know, I will cause them to know My hand and My might; and they shall know that MY Name is ????????????? The Scripture's are Our foundation, But one needs to search history for the evidence of what has crept into the Faith, by men from old, that have truly perverted the Truth, and the Faith first delivered to the Apostles including Paul!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I did not ignore anything. I totally reject everything in your man-made Greek translation. Is there anyone in the world that translates Colossians 2:12-19 the way you do? If so, please cite the reference.

Look how I shiver of fear. You '~totally reject everything in --my-- man-made Greek translation.~'
Is there any translation in the world of Colossians 2:12-19 that is not, a '~man-made translation~'.
I know of a few Greek translations which are also just 'man-made'.

So, sorry I cannot give you my, Greek translation as I have never tried to make one.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Please show me a lexicon that gives "cheirographon" that meaning.

You, Gadar Perets, are the one who gave 'cheirographon' the meaning of '~certificate of debt~', not I! And more, I'll say more than what you bargained for, that you are not the originator of the expression '~certificate of debt~'. You got it from the Seventh day Adventists, more specifically from their more recent dignified virtually deified professor-scholar of prophetic stature among them, Samuele Bacchiocchi [an old, now deceased, foe and 'friend' of mine when you were like you are now still, wet behind the ears.]