Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Who decides if they are “unbiased”?
yes, in the end all is vanity, right, and imo this is the intent of the prescribed Exercise--that of "first go to your brother; then get some witnesses from your congregation..."--to illuminate the difference in judgement and grace to the "offended" party, as of course in practice the offendee inevitably feels justified in their actions, right, or it would never get that far.

"Wouldn't you rather be cheated?" is a hard lesson to assimilate

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I go to the my congregation and they tell me that gay marriage is acceptable according to scripture.

You go to your congregation and they tell you that gay marriage is not acceptable according to scripture.

Which “congregation” is right?

Your theory makes every “congregation” The Church. There can only be one Church. How can your theory work?
only by assuming that those you have congregated with seek works meet for repentance, which congregations generally do, imo. People, believers, generally have good intentions iow, especially in groups, congregations. Even secular congregations generally congregate around a perceived "good" concept.

but i guess it should also be pointed out that this passage can be reflected upon in other ways, you are a congregation of 3 iow, and you reflect upon some concept, smoking or whatever, eating too much fudge, from different perspectives within yourself, too. You can also justify some behavior one way, and also recognize how it might not be justified in another, simultaneously, right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BTW...That scenario is happening TODAY so please don’t pretend my question doesn’t have merit
the scenario is happening, yes, but it is within the framework of "legal marriage," which is not the same to me as Scriptural marriage; more like a corporate marriage. And there are other assumptions made in the concept that i do not agree with, like whether two ppl who are not me choosing to interpret Scripture as they see fit should care what i believe about the matter at all, as long as it does not concern me, stuff like that.

i know this is hard to contemplate IRL, but see if i am called to start judging them then i can only expect to be judged, imo. Let their reaping dictate their sowing imo, bc they will reap what they sow anyway, right.

on that matter specifically, i would also mention that there is an open conspiracy to reduce the population, and we already know and well understand the effects of unfermented soy, atrazine, etc on a population. Meaning that it strikes me as the height of hypocrisy to manufacture homosexuals and then condemn them for a frog hopping, when all they really ask for is to be treated like they were supposed to be treated anyway.

So imo it is the religious that forced the change in the law by oppressing homosexuals to begin with, and Legal Marriage has zero to do with Scriptural Marriage anyway.

when i get married, there will be no Certificate; but that is just me. Let corporations pursue Legal Marriages to their heart's content imo, and don't get sucked in by the fact that Marriage has more than one definition

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BTW...That scenario is happening TODAY so please don’t pretend my question doesn’t have merit
this scenario has happened before, too, and we can observe the reaping historically simply by contemplating all of the successful homosexual societies that might come to mind :)

homosexuals and "Empire in Decadence" just go together, not meaning to offend any homosexuals here. God understands where i do not, and homosexuals are all different too i guess. They might be Hedonists; but they might be Log Cabin too

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear sir,

This thread is about keeping Holy the sabbath. I have put forth evidence that Sunday is the new Christian sabbath. What are we to do on the Sunday? What Jesus told us to do in rememberence of Him.

I did digress a little bit...but not much.

BTW...It is better to have a stuck needle that repeats scripture than a broken needle that denies scripture. If you are suggesting that me repeating what Jesus said is a “pet grievance” then surely you won’t be repeating anything He says in fear of being accused of the same?

Love Mary
It is better to love the truth without not knowing all of it than to presume you always know when someone else is wrong. We must love all of the truth even then we do not know all of it. Jesus alone among men always knew the truth. I have never pretended to... but I believe that I am growing in spite of your contrary opinion.

Since it is not necessary for me to please everyone, while doing my best in that direction I am mostly working at pleasing God. He is looking more to what is in a person's heart than whether or not the person's doctrine is correct.

I don't believe you really know Jesus' answer to your question. It is written, but it is only understood by those to whom God has given understanding by the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your needle is still stuck there, huh? This is the wrong thread for it. Derailing a thread for a pet grievance is not a good idea.

Agree, she always takes it back to the some 'ol same 'ol whichever thread she is in! :rolleyes:

I am a little tired ( actually a lot tired) of all the silly arguments which are just pretending to be discussions. I am not posting much if anything at all just now. Maybe some new ones will join the Site which are more interested in friendly discussions than silly arguing. I'll keep reading here and waiting.
It was such a good Site once with a balance of all types. Now there is an overbalance of 'some' types. :oops:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the Sabbath of YHWH thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
For in six days YHWH made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore YHWH blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11
Are you among those who have forgotten the Sabbath day, who don't keep it holy and who have been losing out on the special blessing of rest for those who keep it?

I would like to help you understand the Sabbath commandment (the fourth of the Ten Commandments). Not that I know it all concerning the Sabbath, but I have learned much about it over my 32 years of keeping it. If you have any Scriptures that you believe abolish the Sabbath or change it to a different day (most commonly Sunday), feel free to post them here and we can hopefully discuss them in a mature way. One thing I would ask is that you don't throw multiple verses/passages at me. That accomplishes nothing. Post one or two verses or passages to discuss and then we can move on to the next one.

I have posted Exodus 20:8-11 to get us started. Does anyone here believe the blessing upon and holiness of the Sabbath have been removed by YHWH, Yeshua or any apostle? If so, please quote their words.
Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath

Reactions: gadar perets

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is better to love the truth without not knowing all of it than to presume you always know when someone else is wrong. We must love all of the truth even then we do not know all of it. Jesus alone among men always knew the truth. I have never pretended to... but I believe that I am growing in spite of your contrary opinion.

Since it is not necessary for me to please everyone, while doing my best in that direction I am mostly working at pleasing God. He is looking more to what is in a person's heart than whether or not the person's doctrine is correct.

I don't believe you really know Jesus' answer to your question. It is written, but it is only understood by those to whom God has given understanding by the Holy Ghost.
I don’t know when someone else is wrong. The Church does. It has the authority to treat someone as a pagan or tax collector. Not me.

Love who’s truth? Yours? Mine? The baptist truth? Catholic truth? Muslim truth? Your statement lacks logic.

Of course Jesus always knew The Truth. He is God.

I agree with you. It is written but only understood by those whom God has given understanding.

Mary

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath
i guess lots of ppl do, but Sabbath can even describe week i guess, and i don't think we should debate this even though it is obviously a Commandment; why i don't quite understand, but it is Scriptural to avoid this discussion right.

Let those who think to change times and days and disregard Commandments do so imo,
and recognize a boundary stone when you see one i guess?

i mean, how do you suppose that you might get someone like Mary indoctrinated from birth by wolves into an understanding of what the Bible really says? They will be judged differently, i guess.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know when someone else is wrong. The Church does. It has the authority to treat someone as a pagan or tax collector. Not me.
Love who’s truth? Yours? Mine? The baptist truth? Catholic truth? Muslim truth? Your statement lacks logic.

Of course Jesus always knew The Truth. He is God.

I agree with you. It is written but only understood by those whom God has given understanding.

Mary
We don't serve God according to logic without faith. May God richly bless you in your walk with Him.

Reactions: pia

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't serve God according to logic without faith. May God richly bless you in your walk with Him.
Faith first. Iv’e got that nailed down. No problem.

I have used logic AND I have faith that the Catholics Truth is right.

What does faith and logic tell you?

You must have played dodge ball a lot when you were a kid. Your good at dodging (questions) as an adult. ;)

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith first. Iv’e got that nailed down. No problem.

I have used logic AND I have faith that the Catholics Truth is right.

What does faith and logic tell you?

You must have played dodge ball a lot when you were a kid. Your good at dodging (questions) as an adult. ;)

Mary
I have all of the answers I need to continue on the pathway God has put before me. You don't like my answers so I don't want to waste my time or yours by stating them here. I will say that I see the Light and that I am approaching it.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: pia and Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will say that I see the Light and that I am approaching it.
I would say you are walking in it

Joh_8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Reactions: pia and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say you are walking in it

Joh_8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Oh yes, it is much brighter here than where I have been, I am, but before I see a greater Light and toward that is the Way I am wanting to go.

Remember and understand what Paul wrote:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Paul was not walking in darkness, but he knew that the greater Light was ahead... So it must be with us. This is growing closer to God.

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm curious what your interp of "think to change times and days" means?
how does the RCC interp that? ty
I don't have a clue what your cryptic question means.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have all of the answers I need to continue on the pathway God has put before me. You don't like my answers so I don't want to waste my time or yours by stating them here. I will say that I see the Light and that I am approaching it. Give God the glory!
Hi Amadeus,

I see your keeping those answers close to your chest since you can't seem to articulate a clear answer my very simple questions.

Scripture says to always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.

I only see obfuscation in your responses. None the less, thank you for your time.

Mary