Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know if I should make this prayer request or not. I know from experience that Christian people have different feelings about this. I also from experience that the Bible has some things to say about this.

1 Corinthians 7:27
27 Are you pledged to a woman? Do not seek to be released. Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife.

I’ve been having some trouble. When I’m working either at work, or home on my hobbies. I often find that I have difficulty concentrating because my mind tends to wonder. It often drifts to the fact that I don’t have a mate. Then I start to feel like a looser, and after that I start going down into sadness.

When I’m on the internet, I often find myself being drawn to female youtubers. Then Matthew 5:28, comes to mind, and I feel like a condemned, looser, sinner.

Matthew 5:28
28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Due to these emotional fights in my head, I came up with a poetic phrase: “As far as I can tell I’m on my way to hell”. While the poem has never had lyrics that I was proud of… Not enough to keep it. It is often angry at God. Pointing out how God created me a man with sexual desires for a woman, and then turning around and calling it lust, and lust a sin. Like there is no digging out the hole. Your damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

I’ve been on Christian Forums and Social Media since 2005. I’ve tried talking about this many times, and I probably have heard every view there is. In my experience the views just repeat themselves. That is why I’m saying. I DON’T CARE WHAT YOUR VIEW IS. The truth is truth, and no matter what you or I have to say. That is why I say, PLEASE PRAY. I don’t care if you pray that I find a wife or if you pray that these feelings goes away. I don’t care if you pray that I go to Hell. Because I think no matter what you pray, the only prayer that will get answered is the one that fits God’s will.
"Because I think no matter what you pray, the only prayer that will get answered is the one that fits God’s will."

Yes, I will pray this. Always Gods will or we are only praying our own will, like OUR will is better or somehow, more intelligent than The Creator of the universe!!

I will pray He bless you Always but in the way He sees fit.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don’t know if I should make this prayer request or not. I know from experience that Christian people have different feelings about this. I also from experience that the Bible has some things to say about this.

1 Corinthians 7:27
27 Are you pledged to a woman? Do not seek to be released. Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife.

I’ve been having some trouble. When I’m working either at work, or home on my hobbies. I often find that I have difficulty concentrating because my mind tends to wonder. It often drifts to the fact that I don’t have a mate. Then I start to feel like a looser, and after that I start going down into sadness.

When I’m on the internet, I often find myself being drawn to female youtubers. Then Matthew 5:28, comes to mind, and I feel like a condemned, looser, sinner.

Matthew 5:28
28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Due to these emotional fights in my head, I came up with a poetic phrase: “As far as I can tell I’m on my way to hell”. While the poem has never had lyrics that I was proud of… Not enough to keep it. It is often angry at God. Pointing out how God created me a man with sexual desires for a woman, and then turning around and calling it lust, and lust a sin. Like there is no digging out the hole. Your damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

I’ve been on Christian Forums and Social Media since 2005. I’ve tried talking about this many times, and I probably have heard every view there is. In my experience the views just repeat themselves. That is why I’m saying. I DON’T CARE WHAT YOUR VIEW IS. The truth is truth, and no matter what you or I have to say. That is why I say, PLEASE PRAY. I don’t care if you pray that I find a wife or if you pray that these feelings goes away. I don’t care if you pray that I go to Hell. Because I think no matter what you pray, the only prayer that will get answered is the one that fits God’s will.
The Israelites were bitten by serpents in the desert. It appears you are in the desert and are being bitten by serpents?
The instruction they received was, look at the serpent on the pole Moses had erected .....and all who looked were healed.

Some sort of logic that was, it didn't add up to how they expected a remedy.....yet all who looked lived.

These are metaphors played out in real history for us to learn from. Do you understand?